Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bushiz posted:

I think someone studied it and found that the skull moves slightly from video to video in the same room, implying that it's one skull being moved around.

That would be SA forums user hbomberguy. I'm sure most of you have already seen his first two videos about the subject here and here, but he put out a third one a week ago that's well worth a watch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c

If anybody hasn't seen any of these, then please go watch them right away because they're really good.

e:

Pictured: an extremely homophobic Swedish man

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Soon the doctrinal conflict between many-skullers and single-skullers will tear this thread apart.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Why is that those who are so concerned about passing on their bloodline always look like such genetic disasters?

Is it some deep yearning that you can't explain that is, much like sunken fish eyes, a product of many generations of inbreeding? Some sort of deep rooted evolutionary behavior that kicks in when your family tree looks like a stump in order to branch out more?

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

*puts a tricorn hat on a skull and faces it with a grim expression*

homo jews killed and ate my only son

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ddraig posted:

Why is that those who are so concerned about passing on their bloodline always look like such genetic disasters?

Is it some deep yearning that you can't explain that is, much like sunken fish eyes, a product of many generations of inbreeding? Some sort of deep rooted evolutionary behavior that kicks in when your family tree looks like a stump in order to branch out more?

That_panel_from_Preacher.jpg

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That_panel_from_Preacher.jpg

i got u fam

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
"This is what patriarchy looks like"

What? What does Aurini actually do? He doesn't actually make a living begging on patreon does he? Because I'd expect patriarchy to look more...I don't know. Like he has control of anything going on in his life. I feel like ostentatious posturing is a defense mechanism to losing control. Like you can't bring in a paycheck or maintain a healthy relationship but you can position your skull like so while sipping Libby's apple juice and pretend something's going right in your life.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

What? What does Aurini actually do? He doesn't actually make a living begging on patreon does he? Because I'd expect patriarchy to look more...I don't know. Like he has control of anything going on in his life. I feel like ostentatious posturing is a defense mechanism to losing control. Like you can't bring in a paycheck or maintain a healthy relationship but you can position your skull like so while sipping Libby's apple juice and pretend something's going right in your life.

What if he lives with his mother, but just beats the crap out of her before videos? :(

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

What if he lives with his mother, but just beats the crap out of her before videos? :(

I'm not convinced he could overpower his mother.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno that creeper stare would probably keep me from coming within more than 30 feet of him.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Deified Data posted:

he probably has some really boring job that pays him a median wage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBe09g3ALw

you're right in that he probably feels powerless and so is angry about bitches but this powerlessness is probably something far whinier than economic hardship like the right lady didn't sleep with him or he just feels generally shortchanged despite being an educated straight white male in 21st century america

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He's not educated. He couldn't complete a history BA.

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)
This gross creepy guy and his hosed up beliefs are unquestionably a product of patriarchy, at least he's aware of that

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
You think he practices his rape face in the mirror every morning?

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 22, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

Still worth reposting because they're hilarious and are a fair and balanced critique of Dark Enlightenment thinkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdIHK8O5yo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGbnAJR-vZA

This pouch is where I keep my gift cards

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
From the A/U/G thread in PYF:

Picnic Princess posted:

Same here! My friend dated on of the most infamous MRAs on the internet. I didn't even realize it was him at first because any time I was around him I was wasted as gently caress and never really developed a recognition of his face. It wasn't until people started posting his name that I realized it was him. Davis Aurini. I only met him twice. He was really into Rule 34 of kids movies, and surprising people with it.

Whoa 2edgy4me

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Ddraig posted:

The kind of people who would in fact benefit most from exploiting the benefits of hybrid vigour for their offspring.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Violet_Sky posted:

From the A/U/G thread in PYF:

Whoa 2edgy4me

More to the point how did the friend look at that and think "Yes."

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Deified Data posted:

He gets (or used to get, I'm not up to date) about 9000$ a month from patreon for making "The Sarkeesian Effect" :shepface:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

More to the point how did the friend look at that and think "Yes."

I'm bald and kinda evil-looking as well but I counteract this by dressing and acting like a normal human being, not Kane from C&C.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deified Data posted:

I'm bald and kinda evil-looking as well but I counteract this by dressing and acting like a normal human being, not Kane from C&C.

You may be missing a trick there, you can apparently earn a living doing that and get people to go out with you.

Also pretending to be Swedish Bandit Keith up there.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
He also complains about welfare queens and social parasites leeching off the work of others but one of his major sources of revenue is a Fallout fan-fiction with the names changed.

It's like Ayn Rand spending her life decrying handouts and being a genuinely sociopathic human being and then spending the last years of her life claiming welfare.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
According to her own Objectivist philosophy that was the state's fault for being soft and offering her welfare. Of course a rational human being would accept.

It's not a gotya by her own moral code, it just shows what her own moral code was like.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Even though I find it hard to think of a less deserving human being I really don't begrudge Rand for that. The reason it exists is to provide security for people, which also means the occasional nutjob, but that's cool - they have a right to not starve to death too.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I finally remembered who all the psychotic talk about thal-skulls and melonheads reminded me of: Szukalski!

quote:

In 1934 the government of Poland declared Stanislav Szukalski the country’s ‘Greatest Living Artist.’ It built the Szukalski National Museum in Warsaw to hold his massive sculptures and dramatic, mythological paintings.

When the Nazis invaded Poland in 1939, they destroyed the museum and all of Szukalski’s sculptures and paintings. He fled to the United States, where no one recognized him as a celebrated hero. He lived in a small apartment in Glendale, California and made a meager income drawing maps for the aerospace industry. He devoted the rest of his life developing his theory of “Zermatism,” which centered on :siren:his belief that human beings were under the control of a race of human-yeti hybrids (the result of 'yeti apes’ raping human women):siren:. Szukalski wrote over 10,000 pages about Zermatism and illustrated his argument with 40,000 illustrations.

Basically, imagine if David Icke was one of the greatest artists of his time, and witnessed the fall of Warsaw. Also he's educated enough to be hilariously confident in his batshittery. Tell me this doesn't sound like something a NrX redpill turbodork would say:

a man that believes we're secretly ruled by psychic yeti half-breeds posted:

Being a professional man in numerous fields of intellectual activities, I have evolved a different attitude towards them than the layman, who keeps on repeating the same phraseology and terminology, thus sustaining the same, common attitude. Frankly, I am talented in many fields because my interests are numerous, so that I understand to a higher degree how they are interrelated.

Thus, when I say about myself that I am a genius, it is not self-praise, but a statement to describe a type of mindset: whatever it does in any field, it does well. A mind that peruses in many fields will comprehend better, and many things more, than one that is absorbed in only one. It becomes a universal mind.

I wonder how often delusions of this type recur. I feel like this isn't the only time I've heard nutbars complain that some kind of concealed, twisted, near-humans have body-snatched their way to power in the world and are cruelly persecuting the True Humans.

e: as wikipedia puts it

quote:

Szukalski used his considerable artistic talents to illustrate his theories, which, despite their lack of scientific merit, have gained a cult following largely on their aesthetic value. The irony of this would have likely infuriated the hyper-curmudgeonly Szukalski.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Dec 23, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Down Chunder made some Davis Aurini videos that are good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYxq9XjcOq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0OQluROMQ

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
What is it with The Dark Enlightenment and videos that are rambling nonsense odysseys? Like seriously someone felt the need to send this to me after I commented on a video about China's Sesame Credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhslv-rC7m8

Also what's up with that. . . is that a shoe? Why is there a shoe?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Most of these people probably don't cook up more than a draft or two of their script before filming.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Guavanaut posted:

According to her own Objectivist philosophy that was the state's fault for being soft and offering her welfare. Of course a rational human being would accept.

It's not a gotya by her own moral code, it just shows what her own moral code was like.

When Rand says that everybody should live by the standard of "what is best for me?" the "me" refers specifically to her.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Pope Guilty posted:

When Rand says that everybody should live by the standard of "what is best for me?" the "me" refers specifically to her.

That's why I never got why the selfish philosophies like objectivism are against the welfare state. If you're truly self-interested, wouldn't it be easier just to live off government money? Hypothetically.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 23, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

"selfish philosophies" like this are ideological cover stories for removing obstacles preventing the already very rich from becoming even richer and are carried out by neer-do-well dupes who think that taxation and regulation are the only things holding them back. It is not really a philosophy so much as a delusion.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

However, it should be noted that it was only moral for her to accept welfare offered by the state. Per Atlas Shrugged, other people accepting welfare from the state deserve to die horribly. As do people working for the state for money. As do their children.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I have never found this "Ayn Rand collected welfare!" stuff very compelling. She got benefits from Social Security, which she paid into throughout her working life. I mean one of her heroes in Atlas Shrugged was a pirate who raided foreign aid shipments to give them back to the oppressed captains of industry who had been taxed to pay for them, so there's precedent in her ideology for this.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A good chunk of foreign aid is in the form of "here are some vouchers to buy arms/vehicles/technology from our domestic manufacturers", so that already happens without the piracy. And it's everyone else's taxes going to the captains of industry.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"I wouldn't class myself as a Holocaust denier but *dramatic pause* where there's smoke there's fire." It was the pause, like he was going to say something deep & meaningful only to trot out the most inane cliché that really send me over the edge into fits of laughter. What a total fruit loop.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

A good chunk of foreign aid is in the form of "here are some vouchers to buy arms/vehicles/technology from our domestic manufacturers", so that already happens without the piracy. And it's everyone else's taxes going to the captains of industry.

I'm talking about fictional events she described as a metaphor that explains her own ideology because the question is about her moral consistency.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I just found it funny that she had the captain of industry be a pirate to steal his taxes back, rather than gaming the foreign aid system to get his taxes and more back like any actual captain of industry would do.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

I have never found this "Ayn Rand collected welfare!" stuff very compelling. She got benefits from Social Security, which she paid into throughout her working life. I mean one of her heroes in Atlas Shrugged was a pirate who raided foreign aid shipments to give them back to the oppressed captains of industry who had been taxed to pay for them, so there's precedent in her ideology for this.

It would all be fine if Rand and lots of other people who buy into that sort of ideology didn't constantly rant about everyone else getting government stuff. See, for example, H.H.H who says all kinds of stuff about government employees while working as a prof. at a public university (i.e. as a government employee).

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah I just found it funny that she had the captain of industry be a pirate to steal his taxes back, rather than gaming the foreign aid system to get his taxes and more back like any actual captain of industry would do.

Well, this is why you don't let philosophy students with Viking blood in their veins and a half-baked political agenda get access (somehow??) to warships capable of out-running and out-gunning the worlds' professional navies (again, somehow??????), I guess :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Buried alive posted:

It would all be fine if Rand and lots of other people who buy into that sort of ideology didn't constantly rant about everyone else getting government stuff. See, for example, H.H.H who says all kinds of stuff about government employees while working as a prof. at a public university (i.e. as a government employee).

The point about triple-H is legit, but the complaint of Rand et. el. isn't about "government welfare" generally, but about "redistributive" welfare specifically. Social Security is a system the beneficiaries pay into throughout their lives. They might even feel entitled to collect unemployment assistance because they paid taxes. The idea, right or wrong, is that there is a whole class of welfare beneficiaries who vote themselves other peoples' money through taxes they don't have to pay because they don't work.

Again, this is all a delusion that falls apart when you start probing deeper and apply more analytical pressure to it. But on the surface, they can square the circle by saying they were forced to pay for all these things so they are justified in taking them when offered.

• Locked thread