Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BloodBag posted:

Please don't toke up to celebrate. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Haha no way man. Spending the rest of the afternoon reading up on SAN and Mainframe storage. The lady I did the phone interview with me sent me a list of things the big wigs will be asking me about tomorrow so I can study up. It looks like the majority of the job is testing and troubleshooting fiber optics cabling and ordering replacement pre-termed cables.

Just called HR at the college I applied to on Friday that I have some contacts that work there and they are still waiting for more applications to interview. Just saw and applied to another open position at another college that my old telecom teacher works at and put him as a reference. Blah.

Whelp never mind. They just called back and decided not to have me come in after all. -_-

poo poo sucks, man. I had that experience a couple of weeks back.

Keep going, though!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Tomarse posted:

I fitted a new cat on my project saab on Sunday:

This cat isn't mine but is now my shadow whenever I leave the house (and inside the house too whenever she can get in)

Need updates on the cat please.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Coredump posted:

Need updates on the cat please.

Always starts and runs. Low miles. No leaks.

Title in hand.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Phone posted:

Always starts and runs. Low miles. No leaks.

Title in hand.

Ran when parked

some things need fixed

over $30,000 invested

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BloodBag posted:

Ran when parked

some things need fixed

over $30,000 invested

Runs well when warm but takes a bit of a crank when cold.

A bit jumpy, but smooth compared to most examples.

A head turner. You will get stopped on the street by curious people every day.

Needs minor body work.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

LloydDobler posted:

Have fun, it is beautiful, only real risk is getting stuck behind the occasional 35mph RV.

Saw the Star Wars today, and as a lifelong fan I walked away very satisfied.

Also this AI related trailer cracked me the gently caress up, I was chuckling halfway through the next trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY73vFGhSVk

Saw that trailer when I took my daughter to Good Dinosuar and I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath. "Hey Flash, wanna hear a joke?"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've managed to get a third of the sales department pissed off over the course of an hour this morning by just doing my job and following the rules. Gotta love this company :yum:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I've managed to get a third of the sales department pissed off over the course of an hour this morning by just doing my job and following the rules. Gotta love this company :yum:

Just a third? Are the rest out for the holidays?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The school that was hosting the welding classes hosed up our reservation. Apparently they lost their old IT guy and the new person had no idea how to fill in the calendar, so the Gift of Welding given to me by my girlfriend got torpedoed by technical incompetence. She was devastated, I was depressed, so we had a pizza shaped like a football and watch both Die Hard movies (Die Hard and Die Hard: With a Vengeance). We're fine now :unsmith:

Job-related, oh-god-what-am-I-become nonsense below:

My feet are shuffling down the self-made plank of occupational ultimatums. Below, the stagnant three-shades-of-grey Neapolitan doldrums of tech support, business casual, and acceptance by my family and loved ones. Behind, wheezing from debtees. Their breath reeks of rotten goat's milk and reminders that nobody else is to blame but me. I've made this plank and the decision to get poked and prodded down it towards my monochrome future of email updates to and from hedge fund managers and financial industry half-wits. Parking ramps. Power lunches. Paychecks. Sadness.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

scuz posted:

My feet are shuffling down the self-made plank of occupational ultimatums. Below, the stagnant three-shades-of-grey Neapolitan doldrums of tech support, business casual, and acceptance by my family and loved ones. Behind, wheezing from debtees. Their breath reeks of rotten goat's milk and reminders that nobody else is to blame but me. I've made this plank and the decision to get poked and prodded down it towards my monochrome future of email updates to and from hedge fund managers and financial industry half-wits. Parking ramps. Power lunches. Paychecks. Sadness.

:eyepop:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Just panic bought Blipshift shirts for my dad and a couple of my friends. And with that, my christmas shopping is done.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the spyder posted:

I headed up to Washington to drop my Son off with the grand parents for a few days. We were talking about where to stop and eat. He reads a sign that says Burger King. I say no, he reads the next sign "Oh! I like Hooters, let's go there!". Cue silent laughter.
"Do you know what hooters are?"
"No"
"They're Owls"
"I like Owls! Are there any Owls out right now?".
"No, it's daytime"
"Can we go look at hooters tonight when it's dark out?"
I had to change the subject, I was going to burst out laughing if he kept going.

:lol::lol:

I've had a much shorter but related conversation with my three-year-old daughter. We're sitting in a parking lot nearby and waiting, and she sees the logo.

:j: "I want to go to the owl restaurant!"
:corsair: "That's not what they're talking about."
:j: "Pleeeease? I want to see owls!"
:corsair: "No, we're about to go home."
:j: *pauses in thought* "I need to go potty at the owl restaurant!"

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally set an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow about loving up my back last year on the job and having my employer dick me around for 3 weeks. Not gonna go into details and I doubt I have a case but I may as well see what happens.

EDIT: I always found it funny how Hooters try to say they are a family resteraunt when its all 18 year old girls with their asses and titties hanging out who work there.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I have relatives that married into my wife's side of the family who had an 8 year old boy's birthday party there and were extremely offended when it was suggest that that might not be the best place to have said party.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
and the food is :mediocre: at best.

BWW is going the way of Hooters in my book, the last few times I ate at BWW's the wings were lovely as hell. Hooters wings weren't bad, but they weren't that great either.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

scuz posted:

I... What?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

and the food is :mediocre: at best.

BWW is going the way of Hooters in my book, the last few times I ate at BWW's the wings were lovely as hell. Hooters wings weren't bad, but they weren't that great either.

I think I've eaten at hooters a grand total of once and had a boring, overpriced burger.

The wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to) are godawful--the sauces are insipid and uninspired and the seasoning on the wings is lackluster, at best.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

scuz posted:

I want this to be the eulogy at my funeral.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Magnus Praeda posted:

I think I've eaten at hooters a grand total of once and had a boring, overpriced burger.

The wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to) are godawful--the sauces are insipid and uninspired and the seasoning on the wings is lackluster, at best.

Lets just say I am pretty sure there was still a quill from a feather last time I ate wings at BWW. Never loving again. The local bar near me does some good wings, they are cheaper, and it keeps my business local.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Can confirm, Buffalo Wild Wings is utter trash and you'd be better off microwaving your own frozen garbage.

source: there's one in the lobby of my office and I've eaten there more times than I care to remember (since they also sell overpriced beer)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

QuarkMartial posted:

I have relatives that married into my wife's side of the family who had an 8 year old boy's birthday party there and were extremely offended when it was suggest that that might not be the best place to have said party.

Apparently taking children to hooters is a thing - I was just doing domain migrations at a satellite office in a very conservative part of NC, overheard a call agent talking about how she took her son there for his 14th birthday.

Granted that's not as bad as an 8 year old but still in pretty poor taste.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My uncle took me to hooters when I was 13. Was like a pig in poo poo, but my parents were (in retrospect) understandably upset.

They closed out the one in the city a while ago, me and my friend went to one as a good like two months before they closed out and it was absolutely dead.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

You guys need a Wings Over franchise in your area.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

1500quidporsche posted:

My uncle took me to hooters when I was 13. Was like a pig in poo poo, but my parents were (in retrospect) understandably upset.

They closed out the one in the city a while ago, me and my friend went to one as a good like two months before they closed out and it was absolutely dead.

You have a good uncle even if he ruined your life by letting you see mostly covered up boobs and feeding you garbage. My office used to have a parking lot next to the exhaust fan of a Hooters. That whole side of the parking lot was coated in the most disgusting grease I have ever seen in my life.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Last time I had wings over, I got really sick. Quaker steak and lube isn't bad for chain restaurant wings.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Pretty sure I just got a job offer or something through a recruiter. I had applied yesterday and told him what I wanted for pay. He contacted the company and made a counter offer to which I accepted. Now I just gotta wait and see what the deal is I guess.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You guys need a Wings Over franchise in your area.
There's a place in town on campus that sells their wings "Joey style" which are not to be missed. Baked, flash fried, then lightly grilled. Putting down two dozen of those is no chore, it's a privilege.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Steam Winter Sale time :retrogames:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I just bought a poo poo load of marijuana tests at the dollar store so I can be sure when it's finally outta my system. :thumbsup:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm not an expert at this poo poo but I wouldn't count on dollar store tests to be even close to reliable.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

mariooncrack posted:

Quaker steak and lube isn't bad for chain restaurant wings.

Except you have to take out a second mortgage if you want to eat more than a handful of them...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm not an expert at this poo poo but I wouldn't count on dollar store tests to be even close to reliable.

Oh me either but at least it will give me some kind of cheap way to meter it or whatever. I mostly just grabbed them for fun while I was at the dollar store getting some rolling wrapping paper.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

1500quidporsche posted:

I wouldnt count on "commercial" tests either TBH. We have road side drug testing and even the B testing is being proven to be wrong a whooooooole bunch of times in court.

Let alone professional athletes are able to dodge drug tests at will. I'm more tha just a bit dubious of any drug testing anywhere

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just bought a poo poo load of marijuana tests at the dollar store so I can be sure when it's finally outta my system. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine recently beat a urine test in about the same time frame you're dealing with - his strategy (aside from abstaining for about a month) was start drinking massive quantities of water 12 hours before the test was scheduled, then take a handful of multivitamins an hour before and chase with an energy drink or two around 30 minutes before. Also important to eat slightly more calories than maintenance rate to ensure you aren't burning fat and releasing metabolites stored in the fat.

The idea is you dilute your urine to the point that any metabolite is under the detection threshold, and then the vitamins/energy drinks ensure that you have plenty of electrolytes passing through so the test doesn't come back as dilute/inconclusive.

No guarantee it will work but it's better than doing nothing. Also nthing not relying on dollar store at-home tests, at least buy one from a drug store.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can someone riddle me this?

How does the manager's bestie in the department magically become trainer and pseudo manager fill in when there was nobody else loving asked?

It used to be me and her would split up manager duties when the manager was gone, today it was just her doing all of it and I wasn't even asked. I think the writing is on the loving wall, I've got no chance of upward growth here.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mariooncrack posted:

Last time I had wings over, I got really sick.

Roommate and I ordered there once. Neither of us could finish because they were so raw. We both got sick. If they were delicious and I got sick after, I'd think about ordering again.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

drat that sucks. Never had a bad experience with the one here or the one in Amherst as well as The Hangar. Back in HS we had friends that worked there so we always got tons of free food. Garlic Parm and Mustang Ranch for life.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nodoze posted:

Steam Winter Sale time :retrogames:

:toot: First time I've wanted to buy something in a few years. I've burnt myself out on Rocket League and wanted to get Don't Starve for cheap.

The store was only down for 45 minutes. :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geoj posted:

Except you have to take out a second mortgage if you want to eat more than a handful of them...

Go on all you can eat night?

• Locked thread