Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Vichan posted:

Deus Vult!
Man, that musta been one easy crusade, as they're usually the only Jain around, if they haven't gone Hindu. Of course, now you can start on taking over India or releasing it with family members mostly in charge.

Also I think it's sorta amusing how its almost easier to form the HRE rather than Italia when playing as the Lombards. Frigging Byzantines!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I usually just wait for them to get inevitably embroiled in a prolonged conflict with the Abbasids to swipe a county from them

it's all you need to form Sicily, and with it Italia (assuming you have another kingdom)

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Man, that musta been one easy crusade, as they're usually the only Jain around, if they haven't gone Hindu. Of course, now you can start on taking over India or releasing it with family members mostly in charge.

The religious setup ATM.

I'm not going for the empire title as kind of a self-imposed challenge, instead I'm going to try to get my dynasty on as many thrones as possible! Gujarat will also be gifted to a relative of mine as soon as it's predominantly Catholic.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
Groogy could you please change one of the Shiite heresies to this

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Excelzior posted:

I usually just wait for them to get inevitably embroiled in a prolonged conflict with the Abbasids to swipe a county from them

it's all you need to form Sicily, and with it Italia (assuming you have another kingdom)
I dunno, forming Sicily without Sicily always strikes me as, wrong somehow. I guess it´s the old M:TW player in me.

Getting the other kingdom is usually not that big a deal, I mean, with the forts making the attrition bonus less of a hassle, taking one of the Slavic ones is usually doable, if you don't just dynasty play your way into one of the European kingdoms.

Though going for one of the Hispanian kingdoms can be amusing, it's pretty annoying how they and Africa are almost always best bros, as you´re close enough to sometimes get Africa, but going for the Umms is more of a hassle.

Anyone else always take that one duchy ruled by a Ibadi in Africa? Easy land, partially Catholic and lets you get up in Africas bidness when you go for that sweet, sweet Tunis.

Vichan posted:

The religious setup ATM.

I'm not going for the empire title as kind of a self-imposed challenge, instead I'm going to try to get my dynasty on as many thrones as possible! Gujarat will also be gifted to a relative of mine as soon as it's predominantly Catholic.
That is a good challenge. It's pretty fun to see them float, sink or sometimes even swim, totally to your surprise. Them being so far away from any other Catholics does make it a bit tricky for them though, and because of diplo range, they're unlikely to get good dynastic alliances. (Unless one of the hordes turn Christian or mebe the Byzantines) So depending on your strength, you might consider trying to carve out another kingdom as an ally. (Though it looks like Oman is sadly already sunni. That poor fucker, he never survives outside player intervention.)

Sometimes I wonder if the Hindu clowncar only gets less hate because fewer people bother invading into India unless they're already quite powerful. Because it is a pain how they usually end up being all hindu before long.

T___A posted:

Groogy could you please change one of the Shiite heresies to this
What's funny about that one?

Also I wish they´d add something even vaguely interesting to mainstream Shiite or Ibadi, as right now they´re just inferior Sunni. At least Yazidi has excommunication, though I have literally never have it come up without player intervention in any of my games.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Deceitful Penguin posted:

What's funny about that one?

It's like if a bunch of Shiites read some Sunni anti-Shia propaganda and thought "yep, that's totally how it works."

Also the part about Fatima being a dude.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Vichan posted:

Deus Vult!

:hfive:

It's the second time this has happened. Between this and the first time, the High Priest targeted Ethiopia.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I started a game on Ironman and the game pauses for a few seconds exactly twice per game year, on January 4 and July 4. I play on Speed 4 and it's often enough to be annoying, especially with all the other events that pop up.

I'm not sure why this is. I read that Ironman saves every month, but it can't be that because I don't get a pause every month, I don't save to cloud, and I have an SSD. My specs are otherwise pretty good.

Does Ironman save twice a year, or every month now? Is it pausing to calculate variables for the next six months? Can I do something about it?

edit: Oops im dumb. It saves every six months now and cloud save seems to be mandatory.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 22, 2015

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TorakFade posted:

I seem to remember Matilda used to have a husband and 2 sons in 1066, but now she's the only living member of her dynasty :stare: so I grabbed a Croatian genius duke with superstats as my husband, selected the family focus and I'm about to start churning out babies. The next 16 years are going to be tense :v:

Can't she still marry El Cid?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Arbite posted:

whoah where is he located

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

in 1066? Castile's court pretty sure

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog
I love this game, even though it sucks up so much time every time I play

My current game where I set up the Kingdom of Wessex mostly because I could. Also, the guy is king of England, Wales and Ireland as well :v:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Arbite posted:

Can she? Too late anyway, that croatian guy gave me two sons already, and I need his 19 diplo being a female ruler over demesne limit :v:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions but I disregarded them all. I really wanted to get back in a feudal christian situation and avoid messing with tribes/hordes, but not as a big world power, so I chose 1066 Tuscany; protection from the outside world via HRE, and internally it seems much more powerful than any neighbour.

I seem to remember Matilda used to have a husband and 2 sons in 1066, but now she's the only living member of her dynasty :stare: so I grabbed a Croatian genius duke with superstats as my husband, selected the family focus and I'm about to start churning out babies. The next 16 years are going to be tense :v:

My demesne is at 7/5 though and of course I have no family members to assign the extra land to, will this bite me in the rear end? Should I just get over it and assign the extra land to some random content courtier?

Matrilineally marry a daughter to some chump, grant lands to said chump. When chump dies, you have a grandchild in charge.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Doesn't currently have any daughters though? But 2 over demesne limit is isn't a terminal problem, it's -20 opinion and some relatively minor income/levy penalties, OP can probably ride it out with high state diplomacy (also IIRC Matilda has a pretty good martial score and favourable traits so she shouldn't have TOO many problems with her vassals.)

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

Doesn't currently have any daughters though? But 2 over demesne limit is isn't a terminal problem, it's -20 opinion and some relatively minor income/levy penalties, OP can probably ride it out with high state diplomacy (also IIRC Matilda has a pretty good martial score and favourable traits so she shouldn't have TOO many problems with her vassals.)

I'm assuming that eventually he gets a daughter, because two over isn't a big deal.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Dallan Invictus posted:

Spot on, I don't have daughters but at this rate I'll get one soon - two times pregnant in 2 years, that croatian guy has super-sperm or something!

Anyways the -20 demesne limit is not a dealbreaker, Matilda is awesome, croatian guy Gavril has all skills between 14 and 19 so it's a great boost, and most vassals are no problem; increasing centralization already put me at 7/6 demesne, later on I'll be able to give out stuff to my hopefully expanded dynasty (that thing of matrilineally marry a daughter and grant land to the husband is awesome by the way, never thought of that)

so now I just have to find a way to appease the Emperor because he loving hates me for being wrong culture / envious / zealous... if I don't do something he'll throw my rear end in jail, I just know that

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I never really understood this thread's hatred for the karlings until my current game as Norse to Norman Germanic Aquitaine.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also I made the fylkirate a duke level theocracy to kinda make it like the papacy or patriarchate but the title was destroyed next time I checked, did the duke-godi just get unlucky or does the title not pass on like the papacy?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Fylkirate is like the Caliphate and it passes to your heir, right? You might've hosed it up by granting it to someone else.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Buschmaki posted:

The Fylkirate is like the Caliphate and it passes to your heir, right? You might've hosed it up by granting it to someone else.

I figured it would just pass to his heir. Oh well

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Darth Windu posted:

I figured it would just pass to his heir. Oh well

I'm pretty sure that you should be able to recreate it. Just type "the fylkirate" (or however it's spelled) into the title finder and check the creation conditions.

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog
My previous game:

I might have to explain. I started out as a high chief in Lappland, conquered a few neighboring counties and eventually discovered that I could invade Norway (I didn't know that was a thing :v: ). Later, I expanded Norway quite a bit and usurped Denmark (which I later lost due to some succession rule I wasn't aware of). Along the way my house accidentally became the ruling house of the Byzantine Empire (I married a clan member to a princess who apparently inherited after her brother died) and one of the emperors inherited Denmark. So because of that and the fact that the realm was being threatened from everywhere, I decided on becoming a vassal of the emperor for some extra protection as well as for the giggles. Turns out that was a mistake, because as the old king died, my current guy got in a war and lost his kingship to some rear end in a top hat usurper who the emperor liked more than me :allears: After that, I lost interest.

My rear end in a top hat uncle, the emperor.

:allears:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Has anyone ever tried the El Cid game, where you start as the man himself when he's the independent count of valencia? (1095 I believe)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

NewMars posted:

Has anyone ever tried the El Cid game, where you start as the man himself when he's the independent count of valencia? (1095 I believe)

I literally just did.

A year in I was able to finally kill the baron so I could have enough troops to holy war for the duchy of Valencia. During that a Crusade was called for Andalusia. All of Ireland came in once massive force with Mumu at the front. Most other christias kingdoms just followed that Irish blob around mopping up scraps. I got caught in the lower county of the duchy of Valencia and had the last 4k stack down to half before back up got there. We won the battle and the Pope just goes here ya go this Kingdom is yours now.

Also he has no Sympathy to Islam perk and thats v dumb

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Also he has no Sympathy to Islam perk and thats v dumb

He was made before the trait was in the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well jeez guess my modding career begins now

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Good luck! Once you find the character files adding traits is pretty easy.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

verbal enema posted:

well jeez guess my modding career begins now

TBH, modding CK2 really demands the lowest barrier of entry one could ask for. Just a mind willing to learn and skill with Notepad and Excel. And you can pretty much mod most things due to the language being a pretty straightforward one, once you get the basics down, sans the interface and graphics ones obviously.

So I'd say good choice in the end.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
There is a few things I'd like to add to a few characters. So this will be a good starting point.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
So I just got suggested to play a coop game with a republic, all players as a house. I never thought of the idea even though it's probably well known. SO, anyhoo, this got me thinking : any other good semi co-op/friendly backstab ribbing playthrough known? It got me thinking that hordes could be fun with every player a head of clan. Anything else?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Is the Plot to Revoke County intrigue bugged? Every time I've tried using it, it's never fired. Right now, I'm using it on my vassal earl who owns a county within my capital duchy. I've recruited literally all the listed potential plotters and I'm sitting at 200 plot power. I even have my spymaster building spy networks on the county for the boost.

After a year or so, I cancelled the plot and restarted it since I heard that plots can bug out this way. I even manually invited all my plotters as opposed to auto-inviting, but still no event fired after ~two years. :confused:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

moot the hopple posted:

Is the Plot to Revoke County intrigue bugged? Every time I've tried using it, it's never fired. Right now, I'm using it on my vassal earl who owns a county within my capital duchy. I've recruited literally all the listed potential plotters and I'm sitting at 200 plot power. I even have my spymaster building spy networks on the county for the boost.

After a year or so, I cancelled the plot and restarted it since I heard that plots can bug out this way. I even manually invited all my plotters as opposed to auto-inviting, but still no event fired after ~two years. :confused:

Revoking a county isn't event-based the way assassination is. Instead, once you get enough support for your plot, a decision pops up that allows you to send your demand.

You should see the "Important decisions are available" alert at the top of your screen.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

StarMinstrel posted:

So I just got suggested to play a coop game with a republic, all players as a house. I never thought of the idea even though it's probably well known. SO, anyhoo, this got me thinking : any other good semi co-op/friendly backstab ribbing playthrough known? It got me thinking that hordes could be fun with every player a head of clan. Anything else?

I always wanted to do this. I always assumed you could either go full internal strife or even switch up who's doge/khan every now and then via elections or submitting to a demand for a new khagan. I bet nomad would be more fun for the non-ruler players since individual clans tend to have more teeth than patrician houses.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

StarMinstrel posted:

Have every player be a HRE elector or elector in another electoral monarchy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NewMars posted:

Have every player be a HRE elector or elector in another electoral monarchy.

That spate of goon CK2 MP we did a couple years back showed that everyone inside the Byzantines leads to some pretty fun stuff, like pleas not to be castrated over Mumble.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Orv posted:

like pleas not to be castrated over Mumble.

:stare:

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

So is the duchy of Aragon supposed to be de jure Andalusia or do I have a weird bug? It seems like a weird thing to be part of that kingdom.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Gorelab posted:

So is the duchy of Aragon supposed to be de jure Andalusia or do I have a weird bug? It seems like a weird thing to be part of that kingdom.

Might've drifted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Gorelab posted:

If a kingdom has a duchy (with esoteric restrictions I can't remember) for 100 years then it becomes de jure part of the new kingdom.

• Locked thread