Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Nuclear Throne looks so damned frantic and awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

mariooncrack posted:

Go on all you can eat night?

This is probably part of the reason why they went bankrupt and were acquired by TA.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Phone posted:

:toot: First time I've wanted to buy something in a few years. I've burnt myself out on Rocket League and wanted to get Don't Starve for cheap.

The store was only down for 45 minutes. :f5:

I've been wanting to buy Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Gone Home for a while and both are 70% off :dance:

e: I'm gonna get DMC4 SE too even though I already own DMC4.. too bad theres no upgrade option

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

scuz posted:

It's the best roguelikelike ever.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Lets just say I am pretty sure there was still a quill from a feather last time I ate wings at BWW. Never loving again. The local bar near me does some good wings, they are cheaper, and it keeps my business local.

I found plenty of those while working at Pizza Hut. Found a couple of heads too. :barf:

scuz posted:

There's a place in town on campus that sells their wings "Joey style" which are not to be missed. Baked, flash fried, then lightly grilled. Putting down two dozen of those is no chore, it's a privilege.

Supposedly Pizza Hut is going to start partially cooking their wings in the fryer in the morning, then running them through the oven when ordered. Supposed to be a bit bigger too. It's a franchise by franchise thing from what I understand.

I don't see the point (to what PH is going to start doing) except to speed up cooking time - it takes 11 minutes to cook bone-in wings in their fryers.

Geoj posted:

A friend of mine recently beat a urine test in about the same time frame you're dealing with - his strategy (aside from abstaining for about a month) was start drinking massive quantities of water 12 hours before the test was scheduled, then take a handful of multivitamins an hour before and chase with an energy drink or two around 30 minutes before. Also important to eat slightly more calories than maintenance rate to ensure you aren't burning fat and releasing metabolites stored in the fat.

The idea is you dilute your urine to the point that any metabolite is under the detection threshold, and then the vitamins/energy drinks ensure that you have plenty of electrolytes passing through so the test doesn't come back as dilute/inconclusive.

No guarantee it will work but it's better than doing nothing. Also nthing not relying on dollar store at-home tests, at least buy one from a drug store.

Some companies consider a test that comes back as diluted (which it will if you chug a ton of water) to be as bad as a positive, some send you back for a re-test. The vitamins and energy drinks don't really help THAT much.

I've done that same regimen before, and the test still came back as diluted.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Phone posted:

:toot: First time I've wanted to buy something in a few years. I've burnt myself out on Rocket League and wanted to get Don't Starve for cheap.
Tempted to pick up Rocket League since everyone seems to love it. Couldn't really get into Don't Starve myself.

scuz posted:

Hadn't heard of this one, looks pretty drat good

Have a bunch of stuff on my wishlist but not sure if I'll pick many things up this sale. Brother's bringing Fallout 4 home in an hour or so, probably going to be spending a ton of time playing that the next couple days.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

some texas redneck posted:

I found plenty of those while working at Pizza Hut. Found a couple of heads too. :barf:

Supposedly Pizza Hut is going to start partially cooking their wings in the fryer in the morning, then running them through the oven when ordered. Supposed to be a bit bigger too. It's a franchise by franchise thing from what I understand.

I don't see the point (to what PH is going to start doing) except to speed up cooking time - it takes 11 minutes to cook bone-in wings in their fryers.

PH actually fries their wings? Those are some of the worst god drat things I have ever eaten.

I'm so sad I can't find good wings in socal. Rosatis, a loving chain from Chicago, are the best I've found so far. Best restaurant wings I've had in my life were at Horse and Cow in Guam, though.

Also, hosed up on something I was making for the wife. It's particle board, and I forgot you need a thick rear end primer to cover bare spots. So now I have brown showing through the coloured paint. gently caress.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

iwentdoodie posted:

PH actually fries their wings? Those are some of the worst god drat things I have ever eaten.

AFAIK they've always fried them since they bought WingStreet. And yeah, they're terrible.

... partly because the ones I've worked at go entirely too drat long without changing the oil. I've seen one store that would go 6-8 weeks. It's supposed to be changed when it starts to foam or smoke at all; I've seen the fryers overflow from foam because the oil was so old.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I wouldnt count on "commercial" tests either TBH. We have road side drug testing and even the B testing is being proven to be wrong a whooooooole bunch of times in court.

Let alone professional athletes are able to dodge drug tests at will. I'm more tha just a bit dubious of any drug testing anywhere

Any drug testing that isn't gc/ms is basically reading tea leaves.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

nm posted:

B-b-b-but the Dollar Store sells kits. Spectrometers are just overpriced hackery that THEY don't want you to know.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How socially acceptable is it to bring a 40 to the extended family Christmas dinner?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

In Niagara falls at the moment on a business trip and can't figure out what to do without my wife, so enjoying some fish and chips and needing it up watching the new star wars again. :toot:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

1500quidporsche posted:

How socially acceptable is it to bring a 40 to the extended family Christmas dinner?

Depends on the family. We hosted my wife's family's Christmas party this year and I specifically stated that it was so I could drink and not travel.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

1500quidporsche posted:

Depends on the family. I usually show up with a good bottle of rum or whiskey and a case of beer.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

1500quidporsche posted:

This is what flasks are for.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

some texas redneck posted:

AFAIK they've always fried them since they bought WingStreet. And yeah, they're terrible.

... partly because the ones I've worked at go entirely too drat long without changing the oil. I've seen one store that would go 6-8 weeks. It's supposed to be changed when it starts to foam or smoke at all; I've seen the fryers overflow from foam because the oil was so old.

I honestly thought they were baked, or even just nuked. The ones I've tried weren't even vaguely crisp. Just a soggy, nasty loving mess.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ooo, gonna try that. I keep a fair number of windows and tabs open in Chrome, and Flash/java eventually end up running away on my Mac, because Apple hates flash and java, or vice versa. Probably both.

kimbo305 posted:

Went to LA for the weekend, and the AIest car I saw was a McLaren 650 or 675. He was tearing it from light to light on Sunset.
The most common model was either the Tesla S or putting antlers and Rudolph nose on your car.

Really? When I was in El Segundo, just south of LA, the most common car I saw was a Prius. They were everywhere, even taxicabs.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

Depends on the family. I usually show up with a good bottle of rum or whiskey and a case of beer.

There will be no shortage of alcohol. However I'm more concerned with the implications of bring a bottle of old english to the dinner table with all my square cousins who don't drink and there's atleast one I can think of that will make a snarky remark if I do it.

I did buy one with the intention of giving to my uncle as a joke. We'll see how the room reads when I get there, I may decide that its my personal bottle for the evening.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

1500quidporsche posted:

I thought NOT having alcohol was the socially unacceptible thing to do at Christmas?

nm posted:

Ad even then, there's quite clearly ways to mask that all testing methods just wont pick up. The more I dig into how pro athletes can use PED's and recreationals with impunity, the more drug testing for work / roadside purposes just looks like a complete joke. And frankly it is a complete loving joke, gently caress this bullshit we have about recreational drugs and the hangups with it. FFS, half the poo poo banned is waaaaaaay less problematic than Alcohol and that's a godawfully huge social issue. I'd rather be in a room with bombed out weed smokers than a bunch of legless drunks anyday.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
My youngest son (10 months old) just said "Da da" for the first time ever out of the blue. While clearly looking at me and then he clapped.

:3:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I have an eight hour drive back to my parents' tomorrow. Normally I just listen to music, but I'd like to throw a couple podcasts on my mp3 player too. What do you guys suggest for car-related stuff? (Or just name some good Car Talk episodes)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Carcast, hooniverse, and the smoking tire were all recommended to me when I asked about a month ago. They're all kind of hit or miss for me. Just look at the topics they're talking about and if you're not interested, skip it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Deeters posted:

I have an eight hour drive back to my parents' tomorrow. Normally I just listen to music, but I'd like to throw a couple podcasts on my mp3 player too. What do you guys suggest for car-related stuff? (Or just name some good Car Talk episodes)

I've only listened to a handful of them, but Slip Angle is really good. Moti from Blackbird Fabworx was a really good episode, and Emilio from 949 Racing is another fantastic ep.

As for other stuff to listen to, if you haven't listened to last year's Serial, do that. Otherwise.... look for the giant Loveline torrent and listen to a bunch of radio from the early 2000s.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

mariooncrack posted:

Carcast, hooniverse, and the smoking tire were all recommended to me when I asked about a month ago. They're all kind of hit or miss for me. Just look at the topics they're talking about and if you're not interested, skip it.

I unsub'd to Carcast because it's now basically one part Adam bitching and one part a guest they had on the show a year ago that doesn't have anything new to talk about. Mix in some bad information and you've got a Podcast!

Car Stories is decent as is Motorweek and Motor Trend Audio.

For non car related podcasts I highly recommend Reply All and Surprisingly Awesome.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

God drat it. Friend took his car to get new tires and an alignment, after I showed up they gave up on trying to sell him random poo poo and told me he was missing a caster adjustment bolt on the drivers side. I have no idea what it would even look like outside of a bolt with an eccentric washer paired with it that goes into the control arm and we have no listing for it in any catalog at work. Even better, since its an eclipse, google gets me nothing but stanced fucksticks who have taken the cars to quicky lube mc rip off express and been told their alignment is turbo hosed with no explination of how it was fixed outside of "I gave them money and they unfucked my stupid rear end piece of poo poo crapcan".

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 23, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For podcasts, Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed in History Class, and Reply All are my go-tos.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Deeters posted:

159 cars on This American Life is awesome. There is another one called 60 Million Bubbles or something like that. Im phone posting or Id link you. Theyre both on thisamericanlife.org if you scroll through.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I thought NOT having alcohol was the socially unacceptible thing to do at Christmas?

Ad even then, there's quite clearly ways to mask that all testing methods just wont pick up. The more I dig into how pro athletes can use PED's and recreationals with impunity, the more drug testing for work / roadside purposes just looks like a complete joke. And frankly it is a complete loving joke, gently caress this bullshit we have about recreational drugs and the hangups with it. FFS, half the poo poo banned is waaaaaaay less problematic than Alcohol and that's a godawfully huge social issue. I'd rather be in a room with bombed out weed smokers than a bunch of legless drunks anyday.

Gc/ms requires that you know what you're looking for. That is the problem with detecting PEDs.
You can't do a roadside gc/ms. You need a lab.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Mat_Drinks posted:

My youngest son (10 months old) just said "Da da" for the first time ever out of the blue. While clearly looking at me and then he clapped.

That's awesome! My 4-month old has gotten noiisy lately too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Clearly you're not from a southern Baptist family.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Kottke or one of the other "here's a link to an interesting thing" blogs had something on those fancy batik fabric prints you see in African clothes. Apparently they design and made all that fabric in Holland and anyway this is one of them and it's is AI as hell, thought you'd all enjoy it as much as I do:

(click for huge)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Fart Pipe posted:

159 cars on This American Life is awesome. There is another one called 60 Million Bubbles or something like that. Im phone posting or Id link you. Theyre both on thisamericanlife.org if you scroll through.

129 Cars is an excellent episode. I listened to it before I bought a car to get an idea of what I was going into. I haven't listened to the bubbles one though. I'm guessing these are what you're talking about Fart Pipe?

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/513/129-cars

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/161/million-bubbles

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
You car guys want to do your car game thing in gbs again? It was fun to watch last time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757067

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Get out of that thread I'm impressing them with my mud covered shitbox :colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

They're so fun at this age, ours just turned one :3:

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Trader Joes or Whole Foods?

Woodman's

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

iwentdoodie posted:

I honestly thought they were baked, or even just nuked. The ones I've tried weren't even vaguely crisp. Just a soggy, nasty loving mess.

Nope. Most of the stores I've been in have 3 fryers - some small ones only have 2. My last one had 3, but they only used the 3rd for superbowl (it didn't even have oil in it the rest of the year).

Papa John's bakes their wings, but they're pre-cooked. Same with Jet's.

Managed to find a picture from the first PH I worked at (which is now closed, building has been empty for almost a year)

Those baskets also rarely ever got washed. They'd get rinsed off a couple of times a week. :barf: I know 350F oil will kill anything, but you wouldn't believe how much poo poo would get caked on to the baskets.

nm posted:

Every (urine) drug test I've had to take was sent off for gc/ms confirmation if there was anything that came up positive on the initial test. And as I learned, they can go as far as to narrow down which, say, benzo, you've been on (I have a prescription for librium, and there's been a few times where I got a call saying they found librium and needed the rx info).

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Nodoze posted:

Steam Winter Sale time :retrogames:

Thanks for this, I've been wanting to rebuy and replay crysis for years, I loaned it to a friend and he lost it in a move. It's been perpetually $20, this is the first time I've seen it for less, and it's $5. And yes my friend should buy it for me, but if I told him he owes me $20 I'd never get it. I can definitely squeeze $5 out of him.

He also lost my copy of Pulp Fiction, I'm thinking I should stop loaning him poo poo. At least he feels bad and says he'll pay me back for it, I just have to do the re-purchasing myself and then bug him for the money.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
spent the last couple hours building Nazi space rockets with Tremek

how's your evening, AI?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Our local Hooter's was shut down after a drunk guy walked out into the highway and got himself ran over. Turns out they were massively over-serving patrons. :thumbsup:

Star Wars was decent. Fun action flick, dialogue was cheesy as hell, and there were too many "See what we did there?" nods to the original trilogy. I'm not a Star Wars superfan or anything, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I used to go to hooters when i lived in la on a fairly regular basis because we did car meets at them and stuff. Now there's one in walking distance and I've never even been there.

• Locked thread