Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Stone Ocean's ending was an interesting idea but very confusing and a poor end to the main Jojo series. Hopefully SBR/JJL/whatever's next has a better conclusion.

Stone Ocean's ending didn't happen. Everyone is alive. Have a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I felt sadder for FF's death than any of the characters who died in Part 6.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The steel ball run Gyro and Diego bits were imo a better realized version of what he was trying to do with the end of stone ocean

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If the Stone Ocean anime doesn't license What A Wonderful World for the final episode, I will be cross.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited for the Part 4 anime in April and to hear all of the cool music it is using in the trailer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope the OP of Part 4 is pure rap so terrible nerds will explode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stone Ocean's the best way to end the original universe if you're looking at rebooting from the start. Everyone's dead, go home everyone.

I'm glad Araki had the balls to both kill Jotaro on panel explicitly and not make a huge deal of it though. I wonder what kind of reaction that had back when it published.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

I felt sadder for FF's death than any of the characters who died in Part 6.

I felt sad for Jolyne and Hermes because I liked them a lot. :(
Edit: Even if Hermes death happened in like 3 panels.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Stone Ocean's ending was an interesting idea but very confusing and a poor end to the main Jojo series. Hopefully SBR/JJL/whatever's next has a better conclusion.

SBR is the best jojo and you are going to enjoy it.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope the OP of Part 4 is pure rap so terrible nerds will explode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2dZRx1NOE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Basically, between character designs and rap, I'd love it if the best part shed off the worst people from the series.

And if there are any hangers-on, Part 5 will take care of that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't reread Stone Ocean in a while, but i would agree that FF's death had more impact than everybody else. maybe because she died on her own while the rest of the crew got owned in quick succesion right at the end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I felt sad for Jolyne and Hermes because I liked them a lot. :(
Edit: Even if Hermes death happened in like 3 panels.

They were great, but it was all just so sudden it was hard to really react to anything for me.

dogsicle posted:

i haven't reread Stone Ocean in a while, but i would agree that FF's death had more impact than everybody else. maybe because she died on her own while the rest of the crew got owned in quick succesion right at the end.

Partially that and partially that her death ultimately ended up being for nothing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As long as the ED isn't Smash Mouth, it's all good.

E:
Jolyne's is a good death visually because you only see her Stand's arms flying away along with its glasses, which is enough to suggest that she got royally hosed up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone's going to get mad when it isn't Smash Mouth and it's gonna be real funny

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

FF actually did something with her death and time was spent focused on it rather than just like 4 characters dying in a page without accomplishing anything. Though I thought Jolyne's death was better than everyone elses because she was the only person to get one over on Pucci by saving Emporio and then she exploded into butterflies or something which was pretty impressive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just want every episode of the first half Diamond is Unbreakable to end with the hottest 90's rap tracks Warner Brothers can provide.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My only real request for DiU's soundtrack is that it doesn't fall into the same trap Stardust Crusaders did by relying on "Stardust Crusaders" main rhythm as a leit motif too much.

That and all existing copies of All Star are erased from earth.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I don't know what sort of trauma you suffered as a teen but your hatred of All Star is really concerning and upsetting

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, using the same song for Dio's defeat that was also used when Jotaro won against a scrub Stand User like Rubber Soul was a weird choice.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I don't know what sort of trauma you suffered as a teen but your hatred of All Star is really concerning and upsetting
Aurain is very fiercely opinionated on the subject of music.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't care about the OP, just make it be April already!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Aurain is very fiercely opinionated on the subject of music.

I'm of the opinion that only things I like can be enjoyed and no one else deserves to enjoy what they like!

All Star only works as a joke for DIO's World. The first line for Road Roller, cutting to Kakyoin saying "I can figure out DIO's stand".

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D4kUUBn2ak

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I know it probably wouldn't have worked as well, but I'm still bummed Sono Chi No Sadame wasn't used for beating DIO.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, using the same song for Dio's defeat that was also used when Jotaro won against a scrub Stand User like Rubber Soul was a weird choice.

This did not bug me at all, motif's own and that was a fantastic one for Jotaro.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't mind it playing for DIO's defeat, it's just that by that point it was over exposed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't disagree but I was hyped for the new version they did for Egypt and for when he beat Dio

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Moltrey posted:

I know it probably wouldn't have worked as well, but I'm still bummed Sono Chi No Sadame wasn't used for beating DIO.
I think it would've worked if they'd had like a dead silent lead up to it, Star Platinum's punch connecting with The World's leg, Dio smirks, then SONO CHI NO SADAME JOOOOO JO as Dio's World is shattered.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I was rooting for Sono Chi no Sadame to play, but after seeing those edits on Youtube I think the one with Stand Proud actually fits the best.

It would've been a huge departure from the manga but it'd be neat if for a just a second DIO sees Jonathan instead of Joseph as he's about to explode. But I guess part of DIO's character is that he's moved beyond his feud with Jonathan on to larger things. Maybe. I dunno.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

He's too obsessed to ever have intended to move on. Folks joke about how DIO wanted a peaceful life with his bedazzler and his library but nah

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, he's using Jonathan's body all the time, along with his stand. Also the whole reason he took 40 days to recover was because he specifically wanted to suck the blood of a Joestar.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That's only a plot point in the OVA, not the manga or the anime.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, the Joestar blood thing doesn't come into play. It's almost an afterthought, right? Like "oh, hey, Joestar blood!"

I just mean it more like 'whatever DIO says or tells himself, there's no way he wouldn't have kept loving with Joestars forever and ever because of Jonathan.'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Moltrey posted:

I think it'd work really well if they brought it back for Pucci's death in Stone Ocean. The fight plays out very similarly to Kars defeat, down to the antagonist's own action allowing the protagonist (well, Emporio) to pull a comeback from certain death and thematically it'd be perfect, with it being the very final end of the feud between DIO and the Joestar bloodline, they could even record a new verse about the curtain decending or the sun setting or something! Plus it is just an incredibly sick theme tune and would be a awesome way to see out the original universe

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It'd be bad for Pucci because a jojo isn't even the one punching him out. Also he just kinda suffocates to death which while sort of hardcore I don't think is really intense enough for Sono Chi no Sadame to work.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It'd be bad for Pucci because a jojo isn't even the one punching him out. Also he just kinda suffocates to death which while sort of hardcore I don't think is really intense enough for Sono Chi no Sadame to work.

He gets violently beaten to death by Weather Report, the suffocation simply disables him. And whilst Emporio isn't a Joestar, Kars wasn't a DIO, and in in any case Emporio is acting on Jolyne's behalf, you see visages of her and Weather Report (the person) behind him as he gets up, he's basically channeling their spirits from beyond the grave

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

He gets violently beaten to death by Weather Report, the suffocation simply disables him. And whilst Emporio isn't a Joestar, Kars wasn't a DIO, and in in any case Emporio is acting on Jolyne's behalf, you see visages of her and Weather Report (the person) behind him as he gets up, he's basically channeling their spirits from beyond the grave

I now remembered Emporio. He's a hardcore dude who I hope we get to see again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think the best kid character was Hayato. The kid had pretty big stones to confront Kira multiple times even after finding out he was a serial killer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I think it'd work really well if they brought it back for Pucci's death in Stone Ocean. The fight plays out very similarly to Kars defeat, down to the antagonist's own action allowing the protagonist (well, Emporio) to pull a comeback from certain death and thematically it'd be perfect, with it being the very final end of the feud between DIO and the Joestar bloodline, they could even record a new verse about the curtain decending or the sun setting or something! Plus it is just an incredibly sick theme tune and would be a awesome way to see out the original universe

Yeah, this super intense song about Joestar rivalry playing as Pucci sits there choking to death on the ground as this child beats him up sounds like the perfect cap to the garbage that is Part 6's ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't wait for End of the World to play as Diavolo screams at a small child about how he curses Giorno