Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Seems like Steam deleted everyones wishlists which really puts a wrench into the premise of this thread

Mine is still up, but I havent linked because I want no one to gift me anything (and I already have Undertale)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

If I've never played a STALKER game before which is the good one to get now that they're all ten bucks? If any.

play shadow of chernobyl. no mods

make sure to play on master

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Mine is still up, but I havent linked because I want no one to gift me anything (and I already have Undertale)

yeah idk what people were talking about mine is safe and sound

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

whats even an example of this

the one i was looking at specifically was ~thea: the awakening~, which was listed as 4x and roguelike. i had a bunch of games in my explore queue with those tags, but most looked like garbage.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

The first one, shadow of Chernobyl

01011001 posted:

Awesome, thanks :cheers:

qnqnx posted:

Same, except I haven't linked because I'm not a regular. But mine's been perfectly fine since the sale started.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

hubris.height posted:

the one i was looking at specifically was ~thea: the awakening~, which was listed as 4x and roguelike. i had a bunch of games in my explore queue with those tags, but most looked like garbage.

hmm... i see... well i watched 2 mins of a video about this thea game by a woman with a deep germanic accent and it seemed middling, but inspired by good ideas, maybe it could be ok>?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason posted:

yeah idk what people were talking about mine is safe and sound

When the sale went up the servers were tripping and trying to go to someones wishlist would redirect you to their steam page with no wishlist link present. Its all good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If I've never played a STALKER game before which is the good one to get now that they're all ten bucks? If any.

So far I'm getting Dawn of Discovery for five bucks, which is a really cool looking game that I had no idea existed until like yesterday when I saw it on net cafe scandal's wishlist posted in this thread. I might get Total Extreme Wrestling, too, it's $6.79.

Dawn of Discovery is an Anno game under a different name I believe, so theres lots more where that came from.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like how I can't like, configure the discovery queue to only show me poo poo I would ever consider playing. Like filter out early access games and MMOs and strategy games with Mixed or worse reviews. You know.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The discovery queue is a nightmare because steam is a nightmare

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't like how I can't like, configure the discovery queue to only show me poo poo I would ever consider playing. Like filter out early access games and MMOs and strategy games with Mixed or worse reviews. You know.

Hit not interested insyead of skipping. Thisll prevent those kinds of gmes from showing up

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

hmm... i see... well i watched 2 mins of a video about this thea game by a woman with a deep germanic accent and it seemed middling, but inspired by good ideas, maybe it could be ok>?

my thoughts exactly

was hoping some other imps had played it and could report back

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah and 90% of everything marked "indie" is just the worst kind of garbage

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i shoulda added you people as steam friends before the sale started this sucks

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

01011001 posted:

this

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

then call of pripyat. clear sky is the worst of the bunch but worth a playthrough too, though it reuses a lot of maps from soc

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

looks like I'm finally gonna get Ys and Sunless Sea

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bolverkur posted:

looks like I'm finally gonna get Ys and Sunless Sea

how much is sunless sea

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I maintained my wishlist, and may even buy something from it during this sale. http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoqfot/wishlist

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Oh hell yes, ADOM is a whole dollar-fifty off.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I maintained my wishlist, and may even buy something from it during this sale. http://steamcommunity.com/id/zoqfot/wishlist

The Talos Principle, or Ori.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Don't buy Drox Operative, please.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

In Training posted:

Who here likes car games and can recommend me a fun modern arcadey one, if such a thing exists. Like what game available on steam is carrying on the Burnout torch.

I really like GRID and GRID Autosport but they're not like, super arcadey

They handle like driveclub if you've played that

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Dawn of Discovery is an Anno game under a different name I believe, so theres lots more where that came from.

Oh poo poo that's cool. I really liked Anno 2070 and I have Anno 1503 and 1701 through gog but haven't downloaded them yet... Historical city builders are extremely my poo poo.

And yeah I looked up the series to make sure I got the years right and apparently Dawn of Discovery is called Anno 1404 everywhere but North America. Weird.

ArfJason posted:

Hit not interested insyead of skipping. Thisll prevent those kinds of gmes from showing up

That only works for that game, though, it doesn't affect how likely it is to recommend other games like it.

I wish there was a way to tell it that you like a game that you own on outside of Steam. Like a "recommend me more like this" button that doesn't involve adding it to your wish list.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That only works for that game, though, it doesn't affect how likely it is to recommend other games like it.

pretty sur ethe page mentions it does prevent similar games from showing up but i could be misremembering

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

PleasingFungus posted:

Don't buy Drox Operative, please.

Why not? Somebody mentioned it to me and it looked interesting.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I will probably buy Talos Principle, since I remember not watning to buy it for a long time because it was $40.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

hubris.height posted:

are any of the roguelikes with 4x elements actually good and worth playing

FAT BASTARD [on the quality of the roguelikes with 4x elements]: You know when you go to an apartment building, and you smell the other peoples' cooking on each floor and you think What're they cooking?! That, plus crap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy crap, the number of games on sale went from 149 to 10020 while I was at work. :staredog: Remember when people like spambot were trying to own every game on Steam. This is insane.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

FAT BASTARD [on the quality of the roguelikes with 4x elements]: You know when you go to an apartment building, and you smell the other peoples' cooking on each floor and you think What're they cooking?! That, plus crap.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
sorry. you talked about smelling cooking and i thought about the rock.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey, it's a great photo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
omg i finished my csgo sesh to gifts of robot disco derby robot derby ball and crypt of the necrodancer! christmas ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Major shoutout to net cafe scandal for the gift of games

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Wormskull posted:

Hey, it's a great photo.

hell yeah

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Wormskull posted:

gently caress it the only gift i want for christmas now is another austin powers movie

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
idgi

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Major shoutout to net cafe scandal for the gift of games

definitely this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason