Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

Stupid poo poo atheists and skeptics do not believe: Angels don't exist. Hey but actually I saw them myself and have proof. Oh, I also just proved it to the law and they don't know what to do about it. HA :actually:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If there is no God, then any ground for regarding the herd morality evolved by homo sapiens as objectively true seems to have been removed. After all, what is so special about human beings? They are just accidental by-products of nature which have evolved relatively recently on an infinitesimal speck of dust lost somewhere in a hostile and mindless universe and which are doomed to perish individually and collectively in a relatively short time. Some action, say, incest, may not be biologically or socially advantageous and so in the course of human evolution has become taboo; but there is on the atheistic view nothing really wrong about committing incest. If, as Kurtz states, “The moral principles that govern our behavior are rooted in habit and custom, feeling and fashion,” then the non-conformist who chooses to flout the herd morality is doing nothing more serious than acting unfashionably.

there might still be a God. He just doesn't care what we do

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I do a lot of research about sexuality and theology, those are the two biggest areas of research in my life. It’s no surprise, then, that I eventually started a blog exploring the intersection of these two interests. But my research is not limited to the Bible and personal experience. Before you get scared, let me explain:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

there might still be a God. He just doesn't care what we do

also if there is a god that does care what we do then morality is still subjective. god is still, by definition, a subject, and we are still free to disagree with what he thinks is moral.

also the point is irrelevant unless they are admitting to being fantasists who are arguing that we should pretend things are true because we want them to be.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"If we didn't have God, we would all be committing incest!" —The South

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
God is real, and She is a raging rear end in a top hat.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The City of Orange received a request to place a banner in front of City Hall from the Orange County Atheists on December 9, 2015. This request was based on the annual Nativity scene that has been erected for many years at City Hall. The City is denying the banner request.

Based on this request, the City reviewed current case law. Supreme Court decisions have tried to address this question in an array of decisions but there is not a clear case that gives affirmative direction to displaying the Nativity scene. This makes it difficult to formulate a policy for Christmas decorations on City property. Based on this and knowing that the Constitution makes a distinction between church and state, the City will be removing the Nativity scene to avoid the legal costs associated with defending the placement of the Nativity scene and focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

I was going to reply to this but parts of my brain spontaneously combusted in self defense, now i dont remember where i live.
Help.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

We start with the idea that there are certain things that can be said to be "known" and go from there. Hence, through gathering evidences and with these basic tenets in mind, I can say I know that Christ is Lord, and that God exists. 

lmao wot is the scientific method, precious?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Volume is the edgiest most badass TA at ITT Sacramento

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
The world isn't always what it appears and even though you have your opinion I respect that since it is out first amendment to the Constitution but let the haters know that I can factually backup everything I say and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are under the control of a luciferian government and I have lived nearly 40 years here and at some point if you don't make a stand then you are yourself allowing these atrocities to happen and I refuse to do this. God bless you brotherman...I will keep you in my prayers. Haters...hate all you want..its only going to get you prayed for daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8Frmk2V40

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The third eagle of the apocalypse dropping some truth bombs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVTK3cmGQuU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

because that's literally never happened. drat, that was easy.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
and why did he go to "rapist"? what was the point of that? he literally could have said invisible anything else and the point would have been exactly the same

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That is amazing. He actually believes everything he's saying. It makes perfect sense to him.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

and why did he go to "rapist"? what was the point of that? he literally could have said invisible anything else and the point would have been exactly the same

Because you can't really FEEEL it unless its RAPE.

Just ask Mary, mother of god about that whole invisible rapist thing and how it turned out for her.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

genesplicer posted:

That is amazing. He actually believes everything he's saying. It makes perfect sense to him.

He is a glorious nutjob. I hadn't thought about him in years, and it appears he is still releasing those poo poo-in-your-hair crazy videos - most recent appears to be from two weeks ago.

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

And not a word was said about it. More stupid poo poo atheists actually believe, that the logic of man is actually worthwhile in deducing the expanse of the known universe while not a single one of them has been on the moon. In fact, only 12 have walked the moon, none of them atheists, and it wasn't the 12 apostles of Jesus. I'm still trying to find out the pinnacle of atheist science but I have yet to see it. btw angels exist.

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

Altair Knight posted:

And not a word was said about it. More stupid poo poo atheists actually believe, that the logic of man is actually worthwhile in deducing the expanse of the known universe while not a single one of them has been on the moon. In fact, only 12 have walked the moon, none of them atheists, and it wasn't the 12 apostles of Jesus. I'm still trying to find out the pinnacle of atheist science but I have yet to see it. btw angels exist.

oh, they were Christians, just 12 followers... Your wikipedia articles suck and so does this thread. http://imgur.com/G1vbVaL need a wipe?

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

Trillions of stars, and 1 more post.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This is awesome.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Santa Claus knows we're all Gods children
That makes everything right
So fill your hearts with Christmas cheer
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight! [emphasis added]

One of the reasons why I doubt Gene Autry's salvation is the fact that he penned the lyrics to this song. In a million years, I would NEVER give false security to unbeliever's by telling them that “we're all God's children.” Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” If you don't have faith alone in Christ Jesus, you are NOT God's child. That means Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and followers of Judaism are all going to burn in Hell, because they all reject Jesus as the Messiah (1st John 2:22)!!!

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDrWwpn4gQ

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump’s plan to ban all Muslims is the epitome of “American values,” Shoebat explained, just as was Jackson’s treatment of the Native Americans.

“Any Indian that expressed any sort of anti-American sentiment, he killed them,” Shoebat rejoiced. “He had no tolerance for evil and wicked people. He got rid of them and he purged the society of these pagan heathens and he did an American Inquisition and that’s what we need now.”

“Homosexuality? Death penalty. Blasphemy? Should be punished. Pagans coming in to your land? Kill the pagans, defeat them, convert the to Christianity.”

“I’m more American than you,” Shoebat declared. “Back in the day, just 100 years ago or so, 200 years ago, the American people 100 percent would have agreed with me. The Founding Fathers would have agreed with me.”

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
love that shoebat guy

its like a nazi switching over to communism

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://thefpl.us/episode/123

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So why are we all still here? The answer is a gracious God. Forget about the rest of the globe for a moment and let’s just talk about your own life. By now you’ve done all kinds of nasty little sins, and God could have used any one of them as justification for wiping you out. How many times have you blown off God’s convictions not to sleep around? The first time you had sex with someone outside of marriage, BAM, God could have nailed you with some heinous STD and had you die some agonizing death. Why shouldn’t He? He’s God and you’re some little fleck of dust—how dare you defy His Authority? Ever have an abortion? In the laws that Yahweh gave to Moses, He said it was “eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.” So since you went and had your baby’s body hacked apart, you can’t possibly argue why God shouldn’t rip you apart limb from limb and let you die in a pool of your own blood. The same goes for all of you men who pressured your women into murdering the baby who you helped procreate: you’re just as guilty. And how about all those times you said cutting words to someone? How about all those promises you broke?

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Volume posted:

We start with the idea that there are certain things that can be said to be "known" and go from there. Hence, through gathering evidences and with these basic tenets in mind, I can say I know that Christ is Lord, and that God exists.
Honestly, I don't see the difference between this and when math people talk about axioms. Or any of the myriad different metaphysical assumptions scientists hold, yes even in physics. Not a theist, just trying to stir the pot a little.

Freestyle fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 22, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
ant eater nose?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The current market for Christian video games is small. A lack of money, investors, and retailer exposure remains an obstacle for Christian developers while mainstream game developers have all the resources they need. So far, Christian games have mostly been on PC. However, developers are eyeing a shot at the big time: making games for a console such as Xbox, Playstation, or GameCube.

Some wonder of the place violence has in Christian games. Scott Wong of Brethren Entertainment puts it this way: “The actual act of pulling a trigger and hunting something-–somebody might have a problem with that. I always tell people that if you want good drama, you have to have conflict--without that, you can’t make your point.”

Despite being called “Christian” games, some may question whether they reflect Biblical values. In reality, the division among developers is not whether they are Biblical, but just how much of “the message” should be presented in their games. Mike Salmond, teacher of digital media at Elon University, believes that if games are not entertaining and if the message becomes the point, it will be a tough sell.

The market for Christian video games is growing similar to the Christian music genre several years ago. What was once a small niche genre is now a powerhouse in the music industry. Could the same thing happen with Christian video games? Only time will tell.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ripped from the pages of Byte Magazine circa 1983

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A New York pastor warned recently that President Barack Obama and other leaders were convincing young girls — like pop singer Justin Bieber — to become transgender.

“We’re talking about young girls, 6 to 10 years of age,” Atlah World Missionary Church Rev. James David Manning said in a YouTube video that was posted on Friday. “They can be led or influenced to cut off their breasts once they get into puberty. They can be led to have operations — like Justin Bieber — they can think that the best choice for their life is to cut off their breasts.”

“And then by the time they reach the age of 20 years old, they say, ‘I wish I had never cut off my breasts, I wish I had never mutilated my flesh, I wish I had never cut off my penis, I wish I had never done that, I was just young. And the people in the church or the people in the media said or gave the impression that I had a right to choose any kind of sexual orientation that I wanted to choose, and so I cut off my penis or I cut off my breasts.’”

Manning, however, promised to use the power of God to fight leaders who gave children the impression that they could “choose any kind of sexual orientation.”

“I will chase every sodomite, I will chase every lesbo, I will chase every political leader with the power of God, with the chariots of fire,” he insisted. “That these children be not misled by people in congregations and people in business or in politics like Obama that are influencing these children to throw their lives away the way Justin Bieber threw his life away.”

“And then 20 years old, can’t grow their breasts back. At 20 years old, can’t grow their penis back,” Manning added. “People need to wake the hell up and see what’s going on in our world! They need to understand just how diabolical this devil and evil spirit is.”

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

princecoo posted:

A Team Fortress 2 group, the Knights of God. They were (are?) a group in Australia, who play TF2 and a few other "approved" games, run by an ultra-religious zealot and his son.
After an Alternative Gamer (Bi/trans/furry/gay/whatever friendly group) person got banned from one of their servers for calling the son a "loving creep" (because the kid sent him - yes, a dude who liked to speak in a falsetto and identified as a woman - some lewd messages over steam) the father went apocalyptic over the "faggots who were tempting his holy warriors" (forum members) with the devils sins and assorted bullshit. Then he banned everyone who was a member of the Alternative group - and then banned the friends of everyone in the group. So I got banned because I was steam friends with one of the staff, at the time. The time that must have taken....

Fake Edit: Oh my god here is the website. It's gold. http://www.knightsogod.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=5dd57b7f1cc284db6786b8942aafe871&action=forum

Fair warning, reading anything by "Agamemnon" will possibly lobotomize you. You may want to turn your sound down or off completely.

Sorry http://www.knightsogod.com/smf/index.php/topic,1025.0.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74y88YuSJ8

• Locked thread