Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Victoria Miniatures are a sign of class and taste, good call there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Nick arrived, and seems pleased with the tributes bestowed, presumably, upon him. Who knew that plastic sprues made good pillows?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Kai Tave posted:

Victoria Miniatures are a sign of class and taste, good call there.

This year has certainly been an education in terms of discovering interesting new manufacturers.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
What's this? Some wrapped gifts from thegodofchuck?

There's no way I'm waiting until Christmas, so this wrapping paper has to go!

Two games I "own" (in my game store) but don't own personally and have been meaning to try out with my wife! And some boozy chocolate! Thanks a lot :dance:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ahah! And with that, LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4 is at 100% received status... the first round to be completed. Amazing, when you think about it!

Still a few gifts in process it seems.

The only Main Round gift I have no status at all for, is from MySwan. MySwan, have you shipped something yet?

That Old Tree, you have a gift marked as Delivered (via tracking). Did you get it?

EatinCake, you were going to ship a gift this weekend. Did that happen?

Namenlos, were you able to ship the second half of your gift yet?

Niemat, were you able to ship your Round 2 gift, after we exchanged emails about the target?

I think everything else is marked as shipped or received. Let me know if you think there's an issue with your gift getting there this week!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I have tidings from the East - they are truly dire:

MERRY GOONMAS from Maryland - Sorry you're allergic!

Okay, maybe not that dire. A blushing anime crab. Hmm! While I cannot eat the crab, who would want to boil and crack open such a kawaii kani:

Card posted:

Happy Holidays,

Unfortunately, all Maryland really has going for it is Baltimore, crabs, and peaches.

Trust me, you don't want Baltimore, and you're allergic to shellfish.

Santa informed me that you like maps and Funky RPG Stuff, and you're a hard goon to shop for. Hopefully an anime crab drawing & the funkiest poo poo I got are sufficient substitutes to go with some cool teas!

- Felime

That is true - I have been known for being funky and hard to shop for (though I am actually quite easy to shop for - just give me stuff and I will accept it wholeheartedly!). Let's see here...

Ah ha, Precious White Peach and Earl Grey White teas. I am familiar with them and they are actually not bad! I will prepare a pot for the family of the Peach today, I think. A fine present, all around!

Oh poo poo! What the gently caress is this!
  • Published in 1992
  • Full Box
  • Held together tenuously by painter's tape
  • Obscure game based on a setting devised as part of a high school writing assignment

Excellent. This is hella funky. I will carefully pry open the innards and peruse the funkiness of the yellowed pages and stapled, dog-eared supplements that await! If I can figure out how this game works...

Thank you Santa!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I remember it being quite playable looking, though I never actually gotten to play it! I was a little worried it would not be a sufficiently cool present, but then I dug it out and saw the number of hand-drawn maps and awesome art in the books proper. Nobody who likes old RPGs and maps could hate such a gift! Unfortunately, it's only a year younger than I am, and I don't think the box was entirely intact even when I got it, 10 or so years ago.

Hopefully it serves you well! If 90s scifi/conan mashup RPGs actually playable by humans(I am told you enjoy GURPs) aren't your thing, there is a mysterious tome of one book of another RPG included with the Jorune books, which I am pretty certain is not meant for human comprehension.

Also probably not meant for human comprehension: My terrible handwriting.

Hopefully both the teas and Jorune serve you well!

Felime fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 22, 2015

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I have gotten home and received my present. I am waiting until Christmas to open it. But when I do, THERE WILL BE PICTURES!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

That Old Tree, you have a gift marked as Delivered (via tracking). Did you get it?

Yes, got it! I'll try to do pictures tomorrow.

Thanks, SoundNinja! The rummy cards are perfect for New Year's with our friends, and the movie looks diabetic!

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

So, I received a package after being awake for 36 hours. This was before my first actual final, which was also the hardest.

Ooh...

Aah...

These are the nicest dice I have ever rolled. It feels like the sort of thing you'd have to take care rolling - or someone could be seriously injured. I love it!

EDIT:

That Old Tree posted:

Yes, got it! I'll try to do pictures tomorrow.

Thanks, SoundNinja! The rummy cards are perfect for New Year's with our friends, and the movie looks diabetic!

I hope you like it! "Ringing Bell" is one of those films that should be watched and discussed - it's deep, but not appropriate for kiddos to watch alone.

TheSoundNinja fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 22, 2015

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Any progress, potatocubed? If you're still having problems, maybe I should call them and say when you're about to come?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

TheSoundNinja posted:

I hope you like it! "Ringing Bell" is one of those films that should be watched and discussed - it's deep, but not appropriate for kiddos to watch alone.

Uh, yeah, wow, that was way not what I assumed based on the box. Very cool, though!

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lichtenstein posted:

Any progress, potatocubed? If you're still having problems, maybe I should call them and say when you're about to come?

My whole family has been struck with the flu, so I haven't had a chance to get back there yet. But I haven't forgotten!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Sure thing, just hoping to get it sorted out before Christmas. In any case, caring for your family is both more important and christmasy than dong acquisition.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What's this? Some wrapped gifts from thegodofchuck?

There's no way I'm waiting until Christmas, so this wrapping paper has to go!

Two games I "own" (in my game store) but don't own personally and have been meaning to try out with my wife! And some boozy chocolate! Thanks a lot :dance:

I hope you enjoy them!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TheSoundNinja posted:

These are the nicest dice I have ever rolled. It feels like the sort of thing you'd have to take care rolling - or someone could be seriously injured. I love it!

You're welcome! Try not to injure your fellow gamers too badly!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I have no idea who sent this...but I'm assuming it's for TGSS because Ryuutama seems to be a popular gift this year! Thanks truly SECRET Santa! :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think that must be from your Round 3 secret santa.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I think that must be from your Round 3 secret santa.

Who is it though??? I can't stand the suspense! :ohdear:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's up to them whether they want to reveal themselves or not! That's the thing about secret santa. :)

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
All these people gettin' fresh Ryuutama...means we need some TG PBP going.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
As Namenlos' husband, I'm posting on her behalf. We've got no proper internet in our new home yet, and she's having difficulties accessing SA from her phone.
The second part of the gift she'll be sending has been badly delayed in it's delivery to us, and judging from the card she saw in our old home today, postman ignored the redirect and tried to deliver it there instead of our new place. She's visiting the depot to pick it up tomorrow, but getting to the recipent by Christmas isn't going to be possible. Main part of the gift has, of course, already been sent and possibly received, but this one item isn't going to make it on time. Namenlos sends her profound apologies for this cock-up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Galaspar, thanks for letting me know. I think as long as the "main part" gets there on time, she's qualifying as a non-grinch. Sometimes there's nothing we can do about retailers that don't send things when they should, and postal carriers who can't seem to complete the delivery process.

Keep me informed with the progress and it'll be OK.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Who is it though??? I can't stand the suspense! :ohdear:

That would be me! I'm so happy it got there on time, I hope you enjoy it!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Well. a package arrived.

Unfortunately, it was a cool and rainy day here, and my household customs agents were asleep on the bed.
Let's crack it open, and see what's inside.

A card, with a DONG!?!
Well. then, I am NOT disappointed, so far!

Perfect! I've been eyeing this set for a bit, but haven't jumped yet.

Thanks TGSS Niemat!
I will enjoy the hell out of this gift!

Merry Christmas to all!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Felime posted:

I remember it being quite playable looking, though I never actually gotten to play it! I was a little worried it would not be a sufficiently cool present, but then I dug it out and saw the number of hand-drawn maps and awesome art in the books proper. Nobody who likes old RPGs and maps could hate such a gift! Unfortunately, it's only a year younger than I am, and I don't think the box was entirely intact even when I got it, 10 or so years ago.

Hopefully it serves you well! If 90s scifi/conan mashup RPGs actually playable by humans(I am told you enjoy GURPs) aren't your thing, there is a mysterious tome of one book of another RPG included with the Jorune books, which I am pretty certain is not meant for human comprehension.

Also probably not meant for human comprehension: My terrible handwriting.

Hopefully both the teas and Jorune serve you well!

I wondered if that mystery book was part of the set or what but now I'm more intrigued by it. I shall get the lay of it and also consider reboxing the whole thing with some extra cardboard perhaps!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I finally got to my family's home and picked up the parcel. Thankyou galaspar, these look brilliant!

I'm really excited to play Welcome to the Dungeon and the Coup expansion (I'm going on a short holiday over New Year with friends who these games will be ideal to play with, they love coup), and my girlfriend is going to love the Netrunner cards as we've only got the core set and have played that quite a lot. Thanks so much!
Merry Christmas everyone!

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 23, 2015

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lichtenstein posted:

Just poked my head in again; different people on the counter, still no idea what I'm talking about.

If you could call them and clarify that would be helpful.

I really like all the gift bits I've got, though! I cracked open Queue to apply the stickers the other day, and I'm looking forward to breaking it out for family game night when I visit the folks.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Calling them right now.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

So the new clerk is oblivious and the owner is not present at the place. :cripes:

I might get a chance to push this thing later in the afternoon, so stay vigilant!

[edit] This turned out more thematic than expected. Sorry for them being such dumbasses!

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 23, 2015

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

The Supreme Court posted:

I finally got to my family's home and picked up the parcel. Thankyou galaspar, these look brilliant!

I'm really excited to play Welcome to the Dungeon and the Coup expansion (I'm going on a short holiday over New Year with friends who these games will be ideal to play with, they love coup), and my girlfriend is going to love the Netrunner cards as we've only got the core set and have played that quite a lot. Thanks so much!
Merry Christmas everyone!

You're very welcome! Glad i found the right stuff.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

ToyotaThong posted:

Well. a package arrived.

Unfortunately, it was a cool and rainy day here, and my household customs agents were asleep on the bed.
Let's crack it open, and see what's inside.

A card, with a DONG!?!
Well. then, I am NOT disappointed, so far!

Perfect! I've been eyeing this set for a bit, but haven't jumped yet.

Thanks TGSS Niemat!
I will enjoy the hell out of this gift!

Merry Christmas to all!

Yay! :neckbeard: I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY PRINTED THE DONG!! I know almost nothing about paint sets/miniatures these days, so I hoped that would be fancy enough it wouldn't be standard in your paint set, while still being useful when painting your armies! Sounds like it'll get some good use, and that makes me incredibly happy! Enjoy!!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Potatocubed, I managed to get through to the owner and he didn't even check if the money arrived so far. :downs: He's too busy to do it today (checking bank account/email is so hard :rolleyes:), but they're still open tomorrow, so we might not be forced to wait for after the christmas. Please though :siren:call the shop first and ask for the owner:siren: (the number is on google) and tell him you're about to come that day and ask to check the payment and notify the clerk. He's the kind of guy that has a three second memory about poo poo he's supposed to do, and so has to be pressed directly.

Asking for the owner at the place itself would probably work too, but is more infuriating if it fails. (today's clerk sounded sharper than the usual lady, though)

I'm sorry these guys turned out to be such a hassle. :(

Sion, who I totally don't know is a secret santa of mine, I'm afraid the Grinchening is upon us. :( (the post office is still theoretically working tomorrow until 14:00, but it'll be a christmas miracle if they get any work done on that day).

However, I do believe your gift was deployed within an entirely reasonable time in advance and, unless you did something dumb like choose month-long economic shipping, it would be unfair for you to get branded because local postmen chose to be terrible again. Therefore, if the gift doesn't arrive by 14:00 tomorrow, I vow to throw a second christmas party on January 7 for my nominally-Orthodox girlfriend, so that Leperflesh has to go through this mighty fire warrior:

before any harm might befall my kind santa.

can't promise I'll wait until then to open it

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Well I wrote a return address on it in case it couldn't be delivered and I haven't seen anything come back that seems similar so I can only assume that it's over there.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lichtenstein posted:

Potatocubed, I managed to get through to the owner and he didn't even check if the money arrived so far. :downs: He's too busy to do it today (checking bank account/email is so hard :rolleyes:), but they're still open tomorrow, so we might not be forced to wait for after the christmas. Please though :siren:call the shop first and ask for the owner:siren: (the number is on google) and tell him you're about to come that day and ask to check the payment and notify the clerk. He's the kind of guy that has a three second memory about poo poo he's supposed to do, and so has to be pressed directly.

Asking for the owner at the place itself would probably work too, but is more infuriating if it fails. (today's clerk sounded sharper than the usual lady, though)

I'm sorry these guys turned out to be such a hassle. :(

No worries. I'll call them tomorrow morning and see if I can't wrangle it before we head off down to London for the holidays.

Thanks for putting in the extra work!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ego Trip, I am failing to get through to your Santa, who might be a Grinch, but can you just confirm that you haven't received a gift yet?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am being told by Amazon that my santee's package was delayed due to weather, but that it should be there by now.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I haven't heard from my Round 3 Santee. According to the tracking site, my package was "handed over to [local] services for delivery" several days ago...it got a special "delivery by Christmas" shipping label and everything. I hope it got through.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
To my Lightning Round 3 Santa; I haven't received your package yet (unless I've somehow managed to confuse your package with one from my AISS Santa, but I think that's unlikely), but it's probably hung up in Customs. If tracking shows customs cleared, it should be here in another day. Also, my folks sent me a package and for some stupid reason updated with "departed Chicago O'Hare" with a time stamp less than 12 hours from clearing customs in Taipei. I got that package today, so USPS doing some funky stuff with tracking.

Basically, if tracking says it cleared customs in Taipei, and it's still "on it's way" I should have it very soon. Please don't worry too much, customs can sometimes be slow here. I understand wholly. I look forward to seeing it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

WereJace is a rad Santa who totally came through despite the first gift mysteriously disappearing upon reaching the totally ethical USA customs agents.

I got some sweet toppings!

To go with some sweet games!

Thank you WereJace!

• Locked thread