Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Trash bear found a new friend in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.etsy.com/listing/236924214/red-panda-and-raccoon-on-purple-canvas

Together at last!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Gridlocked posted:

:frogsiren::siren::frogsiren: HOT OFF THE INTERNET :frog::siren:siren::frogsiren:

Way to doxx my anniversary

:buddy: THEY COME IN MY SIZE

bunnyofdoom posted:

Trash bear found a new friend in the trash.

If I had to pick a new av, it would be this

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do the albino raccoons do ok in the wild, or are they quickly picked off by hawks and poo poo? :ohdearsass:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

whiteyfats posted:

Do the albino raccoons do ok in the wild, or are they quickly picked off by hawks and poo poo? :ohdearsass:

I saw one a couple of weeks ago, and he seemed to be adult sized and doing okay. Maybe they don't do so well in the wild, but who knows?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

I saw one a couple of weeks ago, and he seemed to be adult sized and doing okay. Maybe they don't do so well in the wild, but who knows?

Probably easier nowadays, with so much food and not at as many predators around.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea this. I did and it was a super bad idea. Its like having a perpetual 2 year old. Fun at first then very tiring. And he started eating the drywall :/

How old was it when you got it?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

kafziel posted:

How old was it when you got it?

He was pretty young, maybe 6 months? He was totally awesome and cool until he matured like a year later. Once his balls dropped he got wicked scary and bitey so I had to give him to one of my friends that does raccoon rescue. I think if I got him neutered he would have been fine. He was a really fun pet until he got scary.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fart Pipe posted:

He was pretty young, maybe 6 months? He was totally awesome and cool until he matured like a year later. Once his balls dropped he got wicked scary and bitey so I had to give him to one of my friends that does raccoon rescue. I think if I got him neutered he would have been fine. He was a really fun pet until he got scary.

Apparently this is super common with the males. Had a friend with a female that was nice until the day she died, and another who had a male that got mean around the same time as yours.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Blistex posted:

Apparently this is super common with the males. Had a friend with a female that was nice until the day she died, and another who had a male that got mean around the same time as yours.

I forgot I was in the raccoon thread and this was a super confusing post for a second. You are not talking about Gamergaters or some such.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Birb Katter posted:

I forgot I was in the raccoon thread and this was a super confusing post for a second. You are not talking about Gamergaters or some such.

I can totally see how that could be confusing for you.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Blistex posted:

I can totally see how that could be confusing for you.

Ouch

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Racoomba

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Obese pet raccoons are kind of sad. :-(

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

withak posted:

Obese pet raccoons are kind of sad. :-(

If it makes you feel better, some of the males just get very long hair and look much fatter than they actually are. But yes, all obese pets are sad and I don't see why people think obesity in animals is cute. Except Butterscotch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

If it makes you feel better, some of the males just get very long hair and look much fatter than they actually are. But yes, all obese pets are sad and I don't see why people think obesity in animals is cute. Except Butterscotch.

There's a bulldog puppy near me that when she was tiny she was super adorable, but now she's gotten all fat, and its sad because I know she's less than a year old, but you can hear her weezing. Like seriously, think about how much you are feeding your pet.

Wild fat racoons would be a sign of success I'd assume.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

twistedmentat posted:

There's a bulldog puppy near me that when she was tiny she was super adorable, but now she's gotten all fat, and its sad because I know she's less than a year old, but you can hear her weezing. Like seriously, think about how much you are feeding your pet.

Wild fat racoons would be a sign of success I'd assume.

Thin bulldogs wheeze. It's usually because they're so hosed from breeding with their close relatives that their bodies don't develop well. That's why they only live for like 7 years.

Spoiler because sad things:
The rescue we got our dog from rescued a bulldog puppy from a breeder that had severe Swimmer Puppy syndrome. They had done a lot of work to rehabilitate her and she was almost able to walk unassisted, when her windpipe's growth was stunted because of genetics and she basically suffocated. Bulldogs and squished-nose dogs in general are in the process of being bred into oblivion because the AKC won't let someone introduce some fresh chromosomes into the mixture.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Eponine posted:

Thin bulldogs wheeze. It's usually because they're so hosed from breeding with their close relatives that their bodies don't develop well. That's why they only live for like 7 years.

Spoiler because sad things:
The rescue we got our dog from rescued a bulldog puppy from a breeder that had severe Swimmer Puppy syndrome. They had done a lot of work to rehabilitate her and she was almost able to walk unassisted, when her windpipe's growth was stunted because of genetics and she basically suffocated. Bulldogs and squished-nose dogs in general are in the process of being bred into oblivion because the AKC won't let someone introduce some fresh chromosomes into the mixture.

That makes me super sad. Because those kinds of dogs are super popular around here and they're all so sweet. Until I moved to the Toronto beaches, I hated dogs because all I met were big jerk dogs that wanted to jump up on me or barked and growled and snapped at me. Here, they're all super friendly and just want to be friends.

I know a bunch of people with fat cats, and they tend to be rescued cats. What they've told me is because they were kittens on the street before being rescued and adopted, they didn't know where food was going to come from so they would eat whenever they had a chance and as much as possible. Now they're in a loving home, they are fed normally, but their eating habits haven't changed.

With pet Racoons, I'd figure the owners would over feed them too, but then because they''re racoons they probably eat beyond that. Not to mention treats.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

That makes me super sad. Because those kinds of dogs are super popular around here and they're all so sweet. Until I moved to the Toronto beaches, I hated dogs because all I met were big jerk dogs that wanted to jump up on me or barked and growled and snapped at me. Here, they're all super friendly and just want to be friends.

I know a bunch of people with fat cats, and they tend to be rescued cats. What they've told me is because they were kittens on the street before being rescued and adopted, they didn't know where food was going to come from so they would eat whenever they had a chance and as much as possible. Now they're in a loving home, they are fed normally, but their eating habits haven't changed.

With pet Racoons, I'd figure the owners would over feed them too, but then because they''re racoons they probably eat beyond that. Not to mention treats.

People tend to overfeed animals no matter what. I understand the urge to do this: many people learn that a good way to show affection is to offer food, and because animals have zero concept of "I am getting rather porky now" they always accept it. Conversely, people also overfeed animals because it's kind of upsetting to see an animal in distress, and animals constantly look like they're in distress when they're hungry. I have worked in many shelters and around countless animals and I am utterly immune to their pleas for food now, it is very liberating.

Actually, to continue the derail, I worked for Global Pets for a while and one year they sponsored a rescue festival for the Beaches. There was a hot dog eating contest. For dogs. It was amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

People tend to overfeed animals no matter what. I understand the urge to do this: many people learn that a good way to show affection is to offer food, and because animals have zero concept of "I am getting rather porky now" they always accept it. Conversely, people also overfeed animals because it's kind of upsetting to see an animal in distress, and animals constantly look like they're in distress when they're hungry. I have worked in many shelters and around countless animals and I am utterly immune to their pleas for food now, it is very liberating.

Actually, to continue the derail, I worked for Global Pets for a while and one year they sponsored a rescue festival for the Beaches. There was a hot dog eating contest. For dogs. It was amazing.

I bet if you gave a hot dog to a racoon they'd eat it the right way.

But yea, I've seen enough cats and dogs giving pained looked to their owners that are asking for treats, and it is hard to refuse.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

First guy is upset there's no buns. Second is just disappointed.

Taking his bitch to the moooooon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGQfCLsoVQ
The cat is sad because it never gets hot dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwmCwoqdKA
Aaah they're eating PB&J!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

twistedmentat posted:

I bet if you gave a hot dog to a racoon they'd eat it the right way.

But yea, I've seen enough cats and dogs giving pained looked to their owners that are asking for treats, and it is hard to refuse.

For overfed dogs that need to lose weight but look hungry, consider feeding them some green beans with their food. It's healthy, low calorie, cheap and good for them. I have a slightly chunky pup that we feed treats of sweet potato and green beans to and she's into it. I feel like I was just talking about this in another thread but its pretty easy to get dogs to eat high fiber/low fat content foods to lose weight.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I've fed one of my raccoon bros* pb&j. Took it a few seconds to figure out how to eat it, then lots of chewing.

*By bros, I mean it was not a pet. We are not related.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Dec 22, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bored posted:

I've fed one of my raccoon bros* pb&j. Took it a few seconds to figure out how to eat it, then lots of chewing.

*By bros, I mean it was not a pet. We are not related.

I just assumed you mean you two fist bump regularly.

It is pretty amusing to wtach animals eat human food because most animals jaws can only go up and down, not side to side so it looks funny.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

twistedmentat posted:

I just assumed you mean you two fist bump regularly.

It is pretty amusing to wtach animals eat human food because most animals jaws can only go up and down, not side to side so it looks funny.

Yeah. That's what I was going for. But just thought I'd clarify.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

These loss edits are getting out of hand.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Santa's little garbage babies.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
This young Romeo is getting ready for Valentine's Day, already:

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Did you know: President Coolidge and his wife were sent a raccoon from some folks in the south, to be used as a part of their Thanksgiving dinner. Thankfully, they decided said raccoon was far too cute to eat, and adopted her as a pet during their time in the Whitehouse. It's a Raccoon Fact!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

They did cook the possum though.

e: turns out I am very wrong, it was taft who dug on possum

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 06:53 on Dec 28, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When the hell were raccoons ever considered a normal enough food to send one as a gift, let alone to the president? I feel like that was meant as some sort of insult

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Segmentation Fox posted:

Did you know: President Coolidge and his wife were sent a raccoon from some folks in the south, to be used as a part of their Thanksgiving dinner. Thankfully, they decided said raccoon was far too cute to eat, and adopted her as a pet during their time in the Whitehouse. It's a Raccoon Fact!

:kimchi: Secretary of garbage.