Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

thathonkey posted:

it was worth a shot. guess im a loving millennial. gently caress you idiot assholes. i guess ill take a selfie to commemorate this moment of horrifying realization.

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

master roshi swag

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Strategic Tea posted:

Five years ago it was probably lawyers saying the same thing about, I dunno, accountants or something.

accountants have been absolutely obliterated by tech, most of the big "accountancy" firms do pretty much anything but these days

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

can someone with insight into the human mind and its psychology please explain this to me

Is this just some form of super escapism that these sad people delve into to get away from the cold harsh truths of real life? What the poo poo

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

thathonkey posted:

is there a word for people born in the mid 80s that dont want to be lumped in with millennials :ohdear:

No, but there is a test. If you can answer this question without looking at a computer your not a millennial

What is the Dewey Decimal System and how do you use it?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BexGu posted:

No, but there is a test. If you can answer this question without looking at a computer your not a millennial

God dammit...

Confirmed.
and
:lol:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

BexGu posted:

No, but there is a test. If you can answer this question without looking at a computer your not a snake person

Oh please, I was born in '92 and have used the Dewey Decimal System. I can even vaguely describe the card catalogs that I've never used.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

BexGu posted:

Well poo poo on me...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stinky_Pete posted:

Oh please, I was born in '92 and have used the Dewey Decimal System. I can even vaguely describe the card catalogs that I've never used.
i was born in '97 and i remember having both the Dewey decimal system and a card catalog in my K-8 school library

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Stinky_Pete posted:

symbolic posted:

i was born in '97 and i remember having both the Dewey decimal system and a card catalog in my K-8 school library

Trick question: you guys are just loving nerds.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
What about this question
What was the funnest image drawer on Mac

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meta Ridley posted:

What about this question
i have never owned a Mac, for good reasons

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Meta Ridley posted:

What about this question

That's a sexuality question, not a generational one.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
You're all just salty cuz you had a poo poo childhood with MSPaint

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meta Ridley posted:

i used the poo poo out of this in elementary school

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
MacPaint 1.5 supremacy

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Meta Ridley posted:

No it's because we had parents who loved us and weren't gender-fluid elfkin beings.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

ChesterJT posted:

No it's because we had parents who loved us and weren't gender-fluid elfkin beings.

man there's going to be an entire subset of the population that was raised by parents like these

i worry for them, they are probably going to be serial killers who graft animal parts onto torture victims

naem
May 29, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

man there's going to be an entire subset of the population that was raised by parents like these

i worry for them, they are probably going to be serial killers who graft animal parts onto torture victims

Future conservative Christian republicans

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

BexGu posted:

i'm going off memory so not sure if this is 100% correct but it is used for categorizing related books in a library you use it to hone in on a certain subject :shrug:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
if i still remember how to dance the Macarena does that mean i might not be millennial??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBYM6g8Tck

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mariana Horchata posted:

if i still remember how to dance the Macarena does that mean i might not be millennial??

Nah, it just makes you a terribly person, and being a millennial and being a terrible person is certainly not mutually exclusive.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

Actually it puts you smack dab in the millenial age range suckah.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Millennials (adults ages 18 to 34 in 2015) embrace your shame

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My friend just texted me from his new Boston tech job that a bunch of his co workers have set up full blown griddles on their desks today cooking pancakes.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tim Whatley posted:

My friend just texted me from his new Boston tech job that a bunch of his co workers have set up full blown griddles on their desks today cooking pancakes.

:lol:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My office has a beer fridge and a few humidors, so I can't judge

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Mariana Horchata posted:

Not far back enough. Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOY2eWO2qw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

neonbregna posted:

Millennials (adults ages 18 to 34 in 2015) embrace your shame
us Gen Zers have no shame

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i was born a white male tho

5er
Jun 1, 2000

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i was born a white male tho

How dare you impose gender values on yourself

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm 25 and this article is loving disgusting.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/19/how-to-fight-your-seamless-addiction-and-win.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Did you guys know you can cook a meal....at home?!

Wow this is really something else. I like that one of the guys basically brands cooking as "blue apron" because god forbid anything exists in this world without a brand name attached to it.

These type of people are going to let that Nestle guy privatize water eventually if they can bust out the right propaganda for it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Wow this is really something else. I like that one of the guys basically brands cooking as "blue apron" because god forbid anything exists in this world without a brand name attached to it.

These type of people are going to let that Nestle guy privatize water eventually if they can bust out the right propaganda for it.

Blue Apron is another startup (of course it is) that delivers ingredients to your house in pre-packaged segments so you can cook. Which is even worse for a variety of reasons, but the biggest being that nobody has apparently heard of a grocery store.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Between that and reading the politics thread I am finally ready for the giant asteroid to destroy earth. :smith:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Between that and reading the politics thread I am finally ready for the giant asteroid to destroy earth. :smith:

“I ordered Seamless once and it took more time for the food to be delivered than it does for me to cook a quick weekday dinner, if I’m on a deadline. I can soft cook a few eggs, sauté kale, and make toast in less than 12 minutes. And that’s a peasant way of cooking,” Adler says.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Who the gently caress doesn't have the time to shuck an ear of corn? It takes a minute, top

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Articles like that never seem to grasp that about half the people in this country don't live in major metro areas and apps don't cater to the rural and suburb crowd.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm 25 and this article is loving disgusting.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/19/how-to-fight-your-seamless-addiction-and-win.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Did you guys know you can cook a meal....at home?!

One weird trick that restaurants don't want you to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what the gently caress is seamless?

ninja: oh it is like grubhub. do people really use these services often? they cost a fortune and most restaurants food doesnt make good takeout

• Locked thread