Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

hmmmm ok time to cook with the oven, lets see, well the dial goes up to 500 id be a fool to set it to anything less

hmmm the oven goes to 500 obviously that can only be for pizza a hurrr a hurrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Never had kipper snacks before, just tried a can of KO on triscuits with a dab of hot sauce. Very tasty, love the smokey aroma.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Finished my second can of the lovely chicken of the sea sardines in "hot" sauce. (Bumblebee sardines from Poland (they have to be polish, the Canadian ones aren't nearly as hot)) are my usual go to.)

I cracked a KO olive oil and jfc the quality increase is unreal.

Just check the presentation :

Vs

yeah, i started with KO sardines and then decided to try a couple other brands and i've utterly spoiled myself - coincidentally i too ate chicken of the sea hot sauced dines tonight and bleah... though i'm attributing that to the soybean oil they're packed in

smoked oysters seem to be too hard to gently caress up, though - the three different brands i've tried have all tasted the same

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sheep-Goats posted:

hmmm the oven goes to 500 obviously that can only be for pizza a hurrr a hurrr
lmao the list of things you cook in an oven at 500 is pretty short is your parsley singed when you take it out? how are the eggs like not artery clogging hard? you are wrong but im not going to keep arguing

instead ill make a sardine pizza, dough and sauce from scratch, in janurary and SHOW YOU ALL

im thinking the sauce is going to be garlic, chili flake, anchovy sauce

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Not sardines, but I've started using fish sauce (Red boat 40), in a lot of my cooking, and it's such an amazing ingredient. It's just pressed anchovies and salt, but adds so much flavor, and of course goes well with sardines.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
wife: ur eating like a poor person

me: but living like a king

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Some serious opinions itt regarding dines and cooking temps. Chill out bros, have a dine or two and relax ~:coolfish:~

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I enjoy fish and will probably eat some

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

lmao the list of things you cook in an oven at 500 is pretty short is your parsley singed when you take it out? how are the eggs like not artery clogging hard? you are wrong but im not going to keep arguing

instead ill make a sardine pizza, dough and sauce from scratch, in janurary and SHOW YOU ALL

im thinking the sauce is going to be garlic, chili flake, anchovy sauce

The time is shorter the fish gets more malliard the parsely is not singed the eggs are perfect with an almost liquid yolk. Go ahead and keep pretending pizza is the only thing you can cook at 500 in an oven. Keep your head in the sand. It's an ugly dumb head.

naem
May 29, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I enjoy fish and will probably eat some

:agreed:

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Oh hell yeah, I forgot how loving dope smelting is. Bringin me back, man.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

just sampled a tin of these sardines in soya oil with chilli peppers from portugal. the brand advertises that its existed since 1890.

good for something i found at the chinese corner store and havnt seen anywhere else. very salty, very firm fish but good flavor. would probably be good for a salad in that sense.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Eating some King Oscars on crackers with avocado. Pretty tasty.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I just want to pop in on the cooking temps convo and say I thought telling the noob cook to do fish and eggs at 500 was pretty hilarious. I would like to see pics of this dish cooked this way.

Sheep-Goats maybe your oven doesn't actually reach temp. I recommend getting a little oven thermometer and seeing what temp it actually is cooking at if your 15-minute 500-degree tiny olive-oil-covered-fish don't turn into smoke and carbon during that legit ridiculous cooking process.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

I just want to pop in on the cooking temps convo and say I thought telling the noob cook to do fish and eggs at 500 was pretty hilarious. I would like to see pics of this dish cooked this way.

Sheep-Goats maybe your oven doesn't actually reach temp. I recommend getting a little oven thermometer and seeing what temp it actually is cooking at if your 15-minute 500-degree tiny olive-oil-covered-fish don't turn into smoke and carbon during that legit ridiculous cooking process.

You mean the six minutes the dines are in the 500 before they get covered with cold egg?

I'm putting a big glittering 500 in the OP until you dorks try it.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Sheep-Goats posted:

You mean the six minutes the dines are in the 500 before they get covered with cold egg?

I'm putting a big glittering 500 in the OP until you dorks try it.

Please post a pic next time you cook this.

Also, you dads realize that part of what makes a good can of sardines good is that the 'dines are perfectly cooked in the can, right? Bad ones are sometimes already-overcooked. My instinct with something like F-eggs would be to cook eggs and then add the already-perfect fish. Cooking tinned sardines is sort of counterproductive. I know alton did it with his sherry dines recipe, but that was just a 1 min broil or something. To each his own, though! Just something to think about! I love you!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

wife: ur eating like a poor person

me: but living like a king

Please enter this in the KO Facebook Haiku contest if you have not already.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
new thread. time to repost these

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Five hundred. … 500 degrees, that’s the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 degree sardines and eggs and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that’s what you are.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Goon spotted in the dine haiku contest.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

numberoneposter posted:

Five hundred. … 500 degrees, that’s the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 degree sardines and eggs and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that’s what you are.

loving let it go, dude. if someone wants to cook their dines and eggs using the self cleaning oven setting, it's their prerogative and you're not going to succeed in shaming them into changing their ways.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I had a can of Wild Planets in Lemon olive oil for lunch. I saved all of the spines as I ate over the sink, and then crunched them all up in my mouth as my son looked on in horror, gagging.

Dominance asserted.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I buy canned oysters from the dollar store and mix em in with my pastas, very tasty.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Grabbed some cracked pepper KO dines, some Sambal Oelek, and Dill & Olive Oil Triscuits.

Sardine heaven. Probably the best dines I've had so far. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence about eating some tiny lil fishies. The Safeway near me has them on sale for $2.50 right now, I should probably pick up a case or 2 as the 4 I bought will not last long enough.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I buy canned oysters from the dollar store and mix em in with my pastas, very tasty.

:frogout:

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

no dadshaming itt please

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

you get out

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Everyone :getout: and buy more sardines.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

cant wait to get home, get a bit boozy and full of 'dines, watch some eps of jessica jones, and then get pedantic and rilled up about sardines on the internet!!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

get a bit boozy and full of 'dines, and then get pedantic and rilled up about sardines on the internet!!

Already there, tis a good place to be.

So full of dines.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

cant wait to get home, get a bit boozy and full of 'dines, watch some eps of jessica jones, and then get pedantic and rilled up about sardines on the internet!!

I'm cooking lamb today bitch lol

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Sardines? On crackers? With sauce, and a hot one to boot? I feel like a damned fool, never thinking outside the tin.

Thanks, thread.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was watching a video on YouTube about shakshuka and reading this thread talking about fisherman's eggs.

What if....

We combine the two?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Android Bicyclist posted:

I was watching a video on YouTube about shakshuka and reading this thread talking about fisherman's eggs.

What if....

We combine the two?

Post results plz

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Eat the dang bones. Become king.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I eat the bones

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i wonder if i should even bother trying all these other dines - crown prince, ocean prince, chicken of the sea, hill country - or just donate them to the food shelter and stay buddies with my man, king oscar

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like product of Poland bumblebee hot sauce ones. They were my first love.

Product of Canada ones not nearly as spicy. Avoid.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

cram me sideways posted:

i wonder if i should even bother trying all these other dines - crown prince, ocean prince, chicken of the sea, hill country - or just donate them to the food shelter and stay buddies with my man, king oscar
Tape like 5 sardine tins together with a bottle of Luisiana Gold. Merry X-mas single working mothers!!!

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

cram me sideways posted:

King outranks prince everybody knows that