Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The AF only mails them. You don't get it in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

That is actually pretty funny.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
There's no de-enlistment ceremony where they give you the form or anything?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao I envision a dude partaking in some dumb rear end ceremony just to get his paperwork so he can high tail it out of there

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Sir Lucius posted:

I think the exact thing we should have is just one last opportunity for them to nickel and dime you for some uniform items at the exchange for some ceremony you don't give a flying fiddler's gently caress about

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

You could always ask about getting an old school "drum out" ceremony. That'd be cool as poo poo to see.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DHGlX8xnhk

Well at least I can always know I didnt join the gayest Navy.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Comically Im picking up my DD214 tomorrow, and they put me on duty for the day after when policy is you should be taken off the watchbill. "Too few bodies." Not my problem, but I cant help but laugh. Wouldnt want someone else to get hosed over on Christmas Eve though, karma and all that jazz I guess.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

Comically Im picking up my DD214 tomorrow, and they put me on duty for the day after when policy is you should be taken off the watchbill. "Too few bodies." Not my problem, but I cant help but laugh. Wouldnt want someone else to get hosed over on Christmas Eve though, karma and all that jazz I guess.

You're taking one last good dicking I see.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

LingcodKilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DHGlX8xnhk

Well at least I can always know I didnt join the gayest Navy.

I watched the entire thing, didn't even phase me, reminded me of the boat. Thanks Navy for that... I guess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pandasmores posted:

gently caress that. Go all the way up to the skipper if you have to. Go loving nuclear who gives a poo poo you're done.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress that. Go all the way up to the skipper if you have to. Go loving nuclear who gives a poo poo you're done.

Or just don't show up. Although that might gently caress you AND someone else.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If you have a DD-214 isn't that it?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

If you have a DD-214 isn't that it?

No, all that matters is your date of sep. Doesn't matter if you're on terminal, if you've got your 214 in hand a few days early, or what a local policy is. They can and HAVE delayed a DOS for punishment because somebody hosed up thinking they were free when they weren't

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I got my dd214 the day before I started terminal. I wasn't expected to come back for any reason to my command but I was still technically on their roster and subject to UCMJ

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I was sent home the 2nd week of June but didn't get my dd214 until the first week of August.
Work wouldn't take me back without it so I had to eat up my savings.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

This actually happened to me.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Laranzu posted:

You're taking one last good dicking I see.

Taking it like a champ. At the muster I saw a good number of people that could have taken this watch and I could have been taken off of the watch bill but I guess they don't want to put people on watch. Terminal is tomorrow so lol.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

idk I did a PFT like 3 days before my EAS just to appease my command. I know everyone here talks about all their insubordination but sometimes it's best to just bend over and take it and not ruffle feathers (especially of those that can gently caress you)

And you're not screwing anyone over not that most care

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
Navy still dicking me over about becoming a CTN and the AF started cold calling me to do the same job with the same training in the air national guard. The Navy still can't get its dick out of its hand to call me back after three months and the AF is literally faxing me paperwork. poo poo probably still sucks, but the training is what's valuable. Can't wait to go into the CC office next month and tell them to gently caress themselves from behind.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Analogical posted:

Navy still dicking me over about becoming a CTN and the AF started cold calling me to do the same job with the same training in the air national guard. The Navy still can't get its dick out of its hand to call me back after three months and the AF is literally faxing me paperwork. poo poo probably still sucks, but the training is what's valuable. Can't wait to go into the CC office next month and tell them to gently caress themselves from behind.

hahaha faxing paperwork

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Analogical posted:

Thats so goddamn weird. It was literally the smoothest thing I've ever done in this hosed up military. Dropped a package, left a few months later for JCAC. No waiting. Graduated, went to duty station. Now I'm 99% heading to Maryland for 6 months of training.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Analogical posted:

This isn't 2003 they aren't exactly begging for you

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Analogical posted:

AF is literally faxing me paperwork

They know this is a school with computers right and deals with the internet?

Also, When did you run over the ECM's cat? Jesus, even with my situation getting CTN wasn't exactly tricky.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Get out. Get out and never look back.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Deathy McDeath posted:

Get out. Get out and never look back.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

DownByTheWooter posted:

hahaha faxing paperwork

all the govt bullshit will take a fax but won't take a scanned document sent via email because FAX IS SECURE!!!!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
One of my brother's friends has an app that let's him send pdf and jpegs as faxes. He like to piss off my bro by taking selfies and faxing then to the office and burning through toner

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Every fax I've been forced to send in the last 6 years has been scanned to pdf and uploaded to a free fax website that prints out advertising on a cover page. So they get ads with my fax.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The only people I've seen use fax machines ever is Japanese govt types

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The only people I've seen use fax machines ever is Japanese govt types

All the services recruiting offices used faxes extensively ten years ago or so. Every time I would project an applicant to go to MEPS I would have to fax his entire package to both my OpsO and to MEPS. We killed more trees there than anywhere I've ever worked.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Analogical posted:

Well, the AF is literally (but unofficially) recalling people right now because they fired five years worth of people last year, iirc.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Merry Christmas! I made an eggnog!

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Null Integer posted:

Merry Christmas! I made an eggnog!

I don't know if what's going on there is what I think it is, but I hope that's ice and isn't an egg in some whiskey. Related, my girlfriend got me a bottle of Lagavulin for Christmas.

I squinted pretty hard when he asked for a fax number. I'm going to try to leave a coffee ring on one of the papers to see if he realizes how stupid this is.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Analogical posted:

I don't know if what's going on there is what I think it is, but I hope that's ice and isn't an egg in some whiskey. Related, my girlfriend got me a bottle of Lagavulin for Christmas.

I squinted pretty hard when he asked for a fax number. I'm going to try to leave a coffee ring on one of the papers to see if he realizes how stupid this is.

The best part is you are faxing a shitload of PII and faxes are hilariously insecure. Congrats on the career move and also identity theft. Although if you were in OPM the Chinese have already sold all your poo poo to Russian criminals so it's all a wash either way.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The best part is you are faxing a shitload of PII and faxes are hilariously insecure. Congrats on the career move and also identity theft. Although if you were in OPM the Chinese have already sold all your poo poo to Russian criminals so it's all a wash either way.

I was in OPM, so gently caress it. I still haven't told my family their socials are going to end up on the darknet eventually. Them having my latest PHA and some medical files are the least of my concerns now since they already have my SF-86 and fingerprints.

The career move is a continuation of my lack of clear guidance in a career. This community is terrible for making opportunities or paths clear and my mentor disappeared two years so I'm just going off the cuff on what'll get me where I need to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Analogical posted:

I was in OPM, so gently caress it. I still haven't told my family their socials are going to end up on the darknet eventually. Them having my latest PHA and some medical files are the least of my concerns now since they already have my SF-86 and fingerprints.

Tru tru. I guess the real sad part is you're trying to get in the cyber security style poo poo and they're not even using something vaguely secure.

• Locked thread