Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I made it to the Championship game somehow and on top of losing Ingram and Miller getting no love from the coaching staff, Drew Brees could be out this weekend. Looks like my hopes of a championship will rest on one Kirk Cousins. *shudders*

Would it be worth adding Cameron Artis Payne or Karlos WIlliams to play over Miller, Hightower, or Gurley? I think Gurley might be my best RB at this point which is scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I really don't like the idea of starting the increasngly-ineffective Denver D against Cincinatti. Any good streaming Ds I should look out for on the waiver wire?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

I really don't like the idea of starting the increasngly-ineffective Denver D against Cincinatti. Any good streaming Ds I should look out for on the waiver wire?

Pittsburgh.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I made it to the Championship game somehow and on top of losing Ingram and Miller getting no love from the coaching staff, Drew Brees could be out this weekend. Looks like my hopes of a championship will rest on one Kirk Cousins. *shudders*

Would it be worth adding Cameron Artis Payne or Karlos WIlliams to play over Miller, Hightower, or Gurley? I think Gurley might be my best RB at this point which is scary.

My best RB at this point might be Jeremy Hill :ssh:

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Giodo! posted:

There was no reason to think Woodhead was going to have a great game given his recent track record.

I keep repeating to myself, sobbing.

The real question is whether to start Woodhead this week.

(For me it's an important one. I have J. Stew, Hightower, Gore, Gio, Woodhead, and D. Robinson. If Stewart plays he's in, but after that gently caress if I know.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm flexing in Antonio Gates over Randall Cobb in my 3rd/4th place match (3rd gets money, 4th gets nothing). Because I'm sick of this poo poo with Cobb, and Oakland is supposedly weak against tight ends.

Someone reassure me I'm doing the right thing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My matchup for Champion Week: (Yahoo, .5PPR)

With McCoy getting hurt I feel a little bit better about my matchup this week, but I'm indecisive on which of the three RBs should take up the RB spot (Miller is on the out, Latavius/Char feel like a coin flip right now but Thursday games make me sad). I'm also debating benching someone for GTate, but can't decide which of WRs to bench or if I even should.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm flexing in Antonio Gates over Randall Cobb in my 3rd/4th place match (3rd gets money, 4th gets nothing). Because I'm sick of this poo poo with Cobb, and Oakland is supposedly weak against tight ends.

Someone reassure me I'm doing the right thing.

Do this.

MrSargent posted:

I'd pick up Karlos.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I've got a choice between Bort and Big Ben for the championship... After what Ben did to Denver last week I've got him slated to start.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dat one portagee posted:

I've got a choice between Bort and Big Ben for the championship... After what Ben did to Denver last week I've got him slated to start.

Ben seems on fire, I'm starting him. Especially since my opponent is starting Antonio Brown, since it'll help to mitigate things if AB gets a big pile of points.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The top three WRs available in my league are Markus Wheaton, Nate Washington and Terrance Williams. As an OBJ owner, should I put in a waiver for any of those three, replace OBJ with Willie Snead, or just play Brandon Marshall and Allen Hurns and flex an RB?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Leperflesh posted:

Ben seems on fire, I'm starting him. Especially since my opponent is starting Antonio Brown, since it'll help to mitigate things if AB gets a big pile of points.

This works the opposite way. He's got the advantage unless Ben locks onto Bryant.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

This works the opposite way. He's got the advantage unless Ben locks onto Bryant.

Well, my alternatives at QB are Eli (without ODB) or Tyrod. I think Ben scores the most by far, and as a bonus mitigates my opponent's biggest weapon.

I'm on the left:

This is 1ppr ESPN standard. And if you're wondering why I have three QBs, it's because Ben hit the waiver wire three or four weeks ago (!) and I grabbed him specifically for his week 16 matchup against the ravens. I grabbed Tyrod off the waivers like six weeks ago when Eli went to poo poo and as my week 11 bye fillin.

We'll see what happens with waiver claims, but I think in this particular case, his team is riding on AB, and by starting Big Ben I'm reducing the chances that AB goes off while my QB turns in a dud.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Leperflesh posted:

Well, my alternatives at QB are Eli (without ODB) or Tyrod. I think Ben scores the most by far, and as a bonus mitigates my opponent's biggest weapon.

I'm on the left:

This is 1ppr ESPN standard. And if you're wondering why I have three QBs, it's because Ben hit the waiver wire three or four weeks ago (!) and I grabbed him specifically for his week 16 matchup against the ravens. I grabbed Tyrod off the waivers like six weeks ago when Eli went to poo poo and as my week 11 bye fillin.

We'll see what happens with waiver claims, but I think in this particular case, his team is riding on AB, and by starting Big Ben I'm reducing the chances that AB goes off while my QB turns in a dud.

Oh for sure, I'm just saying you need to pray he focuses on Wheaton/Bryant more because the WR/QB cancellation hurts the QB owner way more.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well then maybe my Ben Watson will cancel out his Drew Brees! And also Tim Hightower. Yes. That will happen.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gates, Walker, or Watson for TE?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
What are the chances of the panthers benching players later in the game? I'm worried that starting Cam may bite me in the rear end, and having Big Ben on my bench isn't helping the decision either.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They have to win to get home field so I think they'll play hard.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Good luck to all you other championship goons.

Want to finally get the sit start right.

Choose one to sit (three to start) in half ppr:

- Julio v CAR
- Alshon @ TB
- Watkins v DAL
- Fitzgerald v GB

Got Bort ready to Bort all over NO, and Reed starting over Gates. Hoping charmander and David Johnson continue to come good. But WRs have always been the tough one for this team.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Made it to the championship. My opponent has Drew Brees and no backup option so I figure he will likely be looking for a replacement. I have waiver priority and a spot to spare. Right now I have a claim for Eli who I think is the best bet, but theres also Winston, Cousins, and Stafford out there. Should I keep things as is or is there another qb I should try to keep him from getting?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

Good luck to all you other championship goons.

Want to finally get the sit start right.

Choose one to sit (three to start) in half ppr:

- Julio v CAR
- Alshon @ TB
- Watkins v DAL
- Fitzgerald v GB

Got Bort ready to Bort all over NO, and Reed starting over Gates. Hoping charmander and David Johnson continue to come good. But WRs have always been the tough one for this team.

Sit Alshon if he's still dealing with a hammy, otherwise Fitz.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

Made it to the championship. My opponent has Drew Brees and no backup option so I figure he will likely be looking for a replacement. I have waiver priority and a spot to spare. Right now I have a claim for Eli who I think is the best bet, but theres also Winston, Cousins, and Stafford out there. Should I keep things as is or is there another qb I should try to keep him from getting?

I would much rather play Cousins than Eli without OBJ.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
disregard

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Strategy question. I'm in a terrible, terrible league that does playoffs weeks 15-17. At this point in the season, anyone on my bench is droppable so I want to look ahead for week 17 pickups :smithicide:. Outside of reporting the commish for war crimes, do you do anything special here?

Play the guys that got you here regardless of how good or bad their teams are (and just deal with it if Cam gets benched after the first series)? Add starters on bad teams vying for the final playoff spot and drop the second or third option from good teams? Chug a bottle of whiskey, hail satan, mash keyboard, and see what happens?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm commishing a week 17 playoff team... by loving accident.

We had so many teams this year I didn't realize the playoff bracket had so many first round byes putting us into week 17 and by the time I realized it - it was too late. Blargh.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Docjowles posted:

Chug a bottle of whiskey, hail satan, mash keyboard, and see what happens?

lmao if this isn't what you do every single sunday

Ride with your guys but maybe break ties away from guys who are likely to sit.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Arcturas posted:

The real question is whether to start Woodhead this week.

(For me it's an important one. I have J. Stew, Hightower, Gore, Gio, Woodhead, and D. Robinson. If Stewart plays he's in, but after that gently caress if I know.)

Melvin Gordon was placed on IR yesterday fwiw. Woodhead might return to RB1 status given the chargers don't go back to being stupid.

I'm starting him over Ivory. Or do i pick up Bilal Powell from waivers? 1 ppr.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

VietCampo posted:

Melvin Gordon was placed on IR yesterday fwiw. Woodhead might return to RB1 status given the chargers don't go back to being stupid.

Thats good to know, thanks, particularly as J. Stew keeps going back and forth. Woodhead, Hightower, flex F. Gore? I don't trust Denard Robinson. Gio v. Gore is a tossup but I think the Dolphins are softer vs. RBs than the Broncos so maybe I'll do that at flex. Or Ted Ginn Jr. if my waiver pickup goes through.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
My WR scenario is terrible. Cooper, Inman and Garcon in. Take a flyer on Matkus Wheaton and hope Ben is in full gunslinger mode?

E: LaFell on the bench, with Edelman and Amendola out, ehh. Dunno about him on Revis.

Rick Grimes fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 23, 2015

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I never thought I say either of these things but:

1. I'm playing for the championship this week

2. I'm starting Christine Michael as my RB2

Need to choose a flex:

Moncrief @ MIA
Draughn @ DET (hurting)
Powell v NE

Fantasy Pros screenshot because it all fits in one image, not because I trust them

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Fantasy Football is a cruel mistress....

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Planning on starting Bortles vs NO, really wish they were a noon game since if the Texans beat the Titans the Jags will know their season is over

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Alright so I have to replace Amendola in my flex spot. My options are LaFell (again, assuming Amendola is out) or Ameer Abdullah. Both are projected about the same, and both are in favorable matchups.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Which of the following Beckham-free lineups do you like the best:

In the last one, swap CMike with Artis-Payne depending on how the week goes I guess.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Intruder posted:

Planning on starting Bortles vs NO, really wish they were a noon game since if the Texans beat the Titans the Jags will know their season is over

Season over might just mean more unleashing the dragon!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Popero posted:

Season over might just mean more unleashing the dragon!

Yeah these guys are playing for all sorts of individual contract incentives as well as, ya know, trying to keep their job so they never really let up if their season is over (for the most part).

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

BigFactory posted:

Which of the following Beckham-free lineups do you like the best:

In the last one, swap CMike with Artis-Payne depending on how the week goes I guess.

Go with the first imo. Looks the best to me.

Getting knocked out last week basically thanks to OBJ not getting ejected (bullshit!) really sucks because all of my players have amazing week 16 match ups, I've been gameplanning for week 16 all year. Doesn't matter now :smith:

Oh and the best part is that I drafted OBJ and traded him to my opponent last week a few weeks ago. Getting beat by my own player... :smithicide:

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 23, 2015

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Who's in the championships with the most injuries/busts? My week 1 team had Leveon, Lacy, Edelman, Keenan Allen, and Andre Ellington. I'm sure some of you had it worse though.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Any opinion on this matchup would be much appreciated:

Hightower vs JAX
-or-
Cameron Artis-Payne @ ATL

.5 PPR

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Boosh! posted:

Any opinion on this matchup would be much appreciated:

Hightower vs JAX
-or-
Cameron Artis-Payne @ ATL

.5 PPR

The Saints have made it clear that Hightower is their guy. I'd stick with him just because you know you're going to get volume. We aren't quite as sure about Artis-Payne.

I traded off a lot of my depth to put together my ideal playoff roster, and now OBJ went and got himself suspended, so I'm struggling to decide who to play in his stead.

Standard scoring, need a flex:

Snead vs Jacksonville (has looked better the last 2 weeks. Gimpy Brees now though)
Crabtree vs San Diego (his numbers have dropped off the last 6 weeks or so)
CMIKE vs St. Louis

I've also got Hillman and Ware but don't really think they're playable at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

I'm likely going Powell over Woodhead where I have both. Powell has been nice and steady in PPR, Jets are playing the Pats who are always a threat to run up a lead and put the Jets into catch up mode.

Edit: In one stacked dynasty team, I'm literally going to be starting Bilal Powell and James White over Miller, Hill, Lacy, Ivory, and Woodhead, I'm pretty sure. Just need some solid PPR lines, not the complete boom bust poo poo of all those "top" RBs!

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 23, 2015

• Locked thread