Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat Stares At The Old Hunters

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Part Stares At The Bloodborne Death/Loading Screen

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
My god, that's some serious overleveling.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol he grinded to like level 140 for the DLC. Which is kind of overdoing it but whatever.

I think I was like level 66 when I started the Old Hunters for comparison.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cmykjester posted:

Lol he grinded to like level 140 for the DLC. Which is kind of overdoing it but whatever.

I think I was like level 66 when I started the Old Hunters for comparison.

gently caress he should be curbstomping everything on NG. I guess his over-reliance to his old, dead religion R2 charge move is his undoing. Quite ironic really.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Maxed out whirligig looks pretty loving broken. I guess the constant stamina drain is supposed to balance it out but even then it looks like you can just keep going for a good long while.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 22, 2015

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FauxGateau posted:

gently caress he should be curbstomping everything on NG. I guess his over-reliance to his old, dead religion R2 charge move is his undoing. Quite ironic really.

Yeah he's pretty much running face first into monsters and mashing R1 and since he is such a high level he isn't really taking much damage.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Too bad Pat advanced his save to the endgame. The Doll is supposed to have new dialogue in the DLC but now all she'll ever say is "Gehrman awaits at the foot of the great tree".

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Wiseblood posted:

Too bad Pat advanced his save to the endgame. The Doll is supposed to have new dialogue in the DLC but now all she'll ever say is "Gehrman awaits at the foot of the great tree".

The window for that is really small or something because I haven't gotten her to say the dlc lines earlier than that either. I guess you have to finish the dlc before rom?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

lets hang out posted:

The window for that is really small or something because I haven't gotten her to say the dlc lines earlier than that either. I guess you have to finish the dlc before rom?

Mergo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I did that and all she ever said was the line she gets after rom. Checked after every dlc boss, never changed.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
"This isn't Ninja Gaiden, but gently caress it, put flying swallow in anyway."

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I have to say, I really appreciate the effort for higher standards. This was easily one of my biggest complaints from the Zaibatsu and I"m really happy to see it getting slowly better.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The new recording setup really sounds nice. I can't loving STAND the sounds of someone eating or slurping or dick-slapping or whatever, but at least it sounded silky smooth.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oh god the Fisticuffs is BLAZBLUE FOR REAL I THOUGHT THEY WERE LYING AGAIN :aaaaa:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Solaris Knight posted:

Oh god the Fisticuffs is BLAZBLUE FOR REAL I THOUGHT THEY WERE LYING AGAIN :aaaaa:

It sure is a Fisticuffs

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oh god they got me again. loving amazing

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Solaris Knight posted:

Oh god they got me again. loving amazing

It's what it deserves

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Maxed out whirligig looks pretty loving broken. I guess the constant stamina drain is supposed to balance it out but even then it looks like you can just keep going for a good long while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JHVsvGBwhc

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That Fisticuffs is exactly what I thought and it's the best

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Audio is kinda borked in it tho.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Can someone explain how to actually find videos on Vessel? I've managed to find my way to the Best friends LP page but I don't see the fisticuffs, or any new videos in the new releases tab.

EDITL Oh each playlist/type of video is in it's own channel in the search function. That seems...weird.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 23, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This Friday Night Fisticuffs is absolutely brilliant.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Also agree the newest podcast sounds dramatically better. Matt, what are the new mics you're rocking and what did you use before?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

CJacobs posted:

Part Stares At The Bloodborne Death/Loading Screen

This one is the Bloodborne version of the Duke's Archives, complete with hosed up blobhead research subjects.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Whoa. I have a hard time telling who's who in the podcast, from what little I heard. Everyone sounds almost completely different from before.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Goons' inability to recognize/tell apart voices is never not ridiculous

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol stuff it, they sound almost completely different. I only listened to a couple minutes but they definitely don't sound as distinct now even if the audio quality is higher

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Liams accent has never been so crisp

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Invictus posted:

lol stuff it, they sound almost completely different. I only listened to a couple minutes but they definitely don't sound as distinct now even if the audio quality is higher

What are you even talking about? They still sound like Pat, Woolie, and Liam.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

Whoa. I have a hard time telling who's who in the podcast, from what little I heard. Everyone sounds almost completely different from before.
The one saying dumb poo poo is Liam.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Not really, Woolie and Liam were just doing bassy radio voice on the new mics.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Forgall posted:

The one saying dumb poo poo is Liam.

Whoa, I'm seeing double...six liams

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

Not really, Woolie and Liam were just doing bassy radio voice on the new mics.
Oh was that just in the beginning? I only listen to podcasts at work and it just kicked on right as I was leaving, so I only got to hear less than two minutes of it.

I'm sure as I listen it'll be routine again but boy did what I hear sound different on this new setup.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh was that just in the beginning? I only listen to podcasts at work and it just kicked on right as I was leaving, so I only got to hear less than two minutes of it.

I'm sure as I listen it'll be routine again but boy did what I hear sound different on this new setup.

It's not proposital, I don't think, they're just doing it because that's what you do when you see a big shiny mic. You hear your voice bassier, since cheap mics don't pick up bass very well, and then you double down on the bass. Other than that, they sound pretty much the same, just better (although I'd set up the mics a bit farther away/invest on pop filters because you could hear quite a bit of breathing and plosives). Just a question of getting used to the new setup, really,

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Goons' inability to recognize/tell apart voices is never not ridiculous

It took me a minute, but after I hear Pat's majestic voice I immediately started parsing voices from the other

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Liam sounded like a guest at first but then it all came back

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
you guys must've been super fun to prank call back in the day sheesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010