Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Teflon Don posted:

SEAL vs. Seal

CIA

ugh those open carry weirdos are getting out of control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
How well does a short silencer even work on an M4?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ded posted:

How well does a short silencer even work on an M4?

http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equipment/sound-suppressors/socom-2-suppressors.html

They just take the bark out of the weapon, they don't make it hearing safe.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Teflon Don posted:

SEAL vs. Seal

Of all the dumb things to do, squaring off with a seal is pretty high up there. Those fuckers, even the small ones, can put down a NASTY bite.

quote:

CIA

Minus the guns, all that plaid could make it an Instagram photo of a brunch in Brooklyn.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

suboptimal posted:

Minus the guns, all that plaid could make it an Instagram photo of a brunch in Brooklyn.

Williamsburg or Raqqa

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

That Works posted:

Williamsburg or Raqqa

Easy, Raqqa, no rats in that picture

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

VikingSkull posted:

Easy, Raqqa, no rats in that picture

Also, 3 of those guys are clean shaven

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'm the guy on the far left, rocking the molestache.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm the detainee in the back of the truck

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

VikingSkull posted:

I'm the detainee in the back of the truck

Nah, that picture is from the Libyan AF's facebook page, highly doubt they had any detainees when that pic was taken

tl;dr - team goes into Libya, only asks the "government" for permission but doesn't bother to ask the militia who actually controls the airport, gets politely asked to leave by said militia. They were on the ground for all of like an hour before they left.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571BuZeeQjE

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yall mofuckas need to start trigger warning that dunker vid if youre gonna keep posting it

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

suboptimal posted:

Of all the dumb things to do, squaring off with a seal is pretty high up there. Those fuckers, even the small ones, can put down a NASTY bite.

Yeah but what about the sea cow?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

suboptimal posted:

They've been known to injure soldiers.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

suboptimal posted:

Nah, they're wearing boots and cargo pants.

It's Boulder.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Derek Dominoe posted:

They've been known to injure soldiers.

Lu-cile-Loose-Seal

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XyDbQ9rRB8

Slow motion AT4 and Carl Gustav firing.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XyDbQ9rRB8

Slow motion AT4 and Carl Gustav firing.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKBG_IFZ0w

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4M7ud5gk8g

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Well now I feel bad, figured that was just some airsofter who won the tactical lottery.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

buttcoinbrony posted:

Well now I feel bad, figured that was just some airsofter who won the tactical lottery.

Vickers is still a racist rear end in a top hat, but he's not fat just because he's lazy. The guy does have legit experience.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The Gustav is a pretty boss weapon.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

The Gustav is a pretty boss weapon.

I heard that it's got a horrible black blast that'd mess you up if you fired it from an enclosed space though. Much more so than most other shoulder fired rockets.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
It's got also got a pretty big pressure wave just from shooting. Remembering correctly the Swedish army doesn't let you fire it more than a couple of times a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHcGCYAoXk

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Two different types of ammo?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Godholio posted:

Two different types of ammo?

They apparently use a lot of different ones. Like rounds to knock down walls and hit the guys inside. :sweden:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wild Horses posted:

It's got also got a pretty big pressure wave just from shooting. Remembering correctly the Swedish army doesn't let you fire it more than a couple of times a day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHcGCYAoXk

Rangers(and the rest of SOF, probably) have a rule that you can only shoot something like 5 during training and 10 in combat. Didn't stop goose teams from shooting way more than that and then being all hosed up the next day and a half from all the overpressure. :downs:

Edit: yeah, they got a few rounds.

per wikipedia:

High Explosive Dual Purpose (HEDP) round
High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) round
High Explosive (HE) round
Illumination round
Smoke round
Area Defence Munition (ADM) flechette round

I think there was a thermobaric round? Not positive, though.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 23, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's interesting that the shorter rounds have such a massive blast compared to the longer ones.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 23, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure those are training rounds, with the blue tip. Probably shooting a 9mm round or something like the AT4 trainer?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, I translated the video description and they're 20mm sub-caliber training rounds.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
You start to feel really tired after you shoot a bunch of rounds out of a goose. I think one guy AG'd for a little over 50 rounds in one day when I got to shoot it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i was always a fan of the smaw, but then again i never had to hump one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrZMbFbaWw

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Wild Horses posted:

They apparently use a lot of different ones. Like rounds to knock down walls and hit the guys inside. :sweden:

Friend of mine was in NorBat in Lebanon in the 80s and mistook a smoke round for a star shell in the dark.
So they fired and waited for the flare to light to see who was sneaking about Hezbollah highway that night, but nothing happened. And then they heard the air raid sirens from the Israeli side where the shell had landed and been mistaken for a gas grenade. :v:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Stumbling Block posted:

I heard that it's got a horrible black blast that'd mess you up if you fired it from an enclosed space though. Much more so than most other shoulder fired rockets.

See that foxhole?

We dug that up with ~20 rounds prone. Hard packed gravel and rock sand.

It'll kill you stone dead on shorter ranges and mess you up bad a good way back. The loader's primary job is to keep looking back and shout "all clear" every few seconds and not the least bark for the gunner to hold fire if some dipshit's flawed life path aimlessly meanders into the triangle of death.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Rangers(and the rest of SOF, probably) have a rule that you can only shoot something like 5 during training and 10 in combat. Didn't stop goose teams from shooting way more than that and then being all hosed up the next day and a half from all the overpressure. :downs:

The first time I was a gunner on one of these in the late 90s we were told the same thing. Then I got it back 13 years later and we shot this in three sessions over 24 hours, between eight cannons with gunners and loaders switching midway:

Did have a mighty bitching headache the last night, though. Might've been too little to drink for all I know. :shobon:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

chitoryu12 posted:

Vickers is still a racist rear end in a top hat, but he's not fat just because he's lazy. The guy does have legit experience.

It's bullshit to say "the military ruined my body so that's why I'm fat!" No, Larry, you're fat because your ruined body keeps you from exercising and you eat too many calories. Eat less and you won't be fat.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's bullshit to say "the military ruined my body so that's why I'm fat!" No, Larry, you're fat because your ruined body keeps you from exercising and you eat too many calories. Eat less and you won't be fat.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/obese-former-sailor-given-disability-award-blames-navy-diet

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think he's saying he's been there done that and now doesn't care. Dudes retired and just wants to shoot guns, eat icecream, and preach the virtues of FIREclean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Caconym posted:

Friend of mine was in NorBat in Lebanon in the 80s and mistook a smoke round for a star shell in the dark.
So they fired and waited for the flare to light to see who was sneaking about Hezbollah highway that night, but nothing happened. And then they heard the air raid sirens from the Israeli side where the shell had landed and been mistaken for a gas grenade. :v:

Friend did the same thing but with mortars. And by smoke I mean WP. Thank god it was dark and a training mission so no one found out

• Locked thread