Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Who's in the championships with the most injuries/busts? My week 1 team had Leveon, Lacy, Edelman, Keenan Allen, and Andre Ellington. I'm sure some of you had it worse though.

The running backs I drafted: CJA, Ingram, Morris, Foster, Crowell, Duke, Ronnie.

I dropped every one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Who's in the championships with the most injuries/busts? My week 1 team had Leveon, Lacy, Edelman, Keenan Allen, and Andre Ellington. I'm sure some of you had it worse though.

I doubt I'm going to be in contention for most injuries/busts, but I managed to make a goon league championship after spending $123 out of $200 on Matt Ryan, Marshawn Lynch, Keenan Allen, and CJ Spiller, kept Jordan Matthews for cheap (but turned him into Demaryius Thomas, thank god), and traded relatively cheap keeper Antonio Brown for not cheap keeper Eddie Lacy in week 3 (kill me)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

traded relatively cheap keeper Antonio Brown for not cheap keeper Eddie Lacy in week 3 (kill me)

Dude...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Dude...

It wasn't crazy at the time, anyway. Lacy was being drafted ahead of Brown and valued equivalently according to like any rankings, had put up two good games and an injury-related dud at Seattle, I would've had to sit one of Brown, DT, Keenan Allen, or Allen Robinson every week, it's only a keep 2 league and all four of those WRs were keepable at way below real value, Lacy would've actually been cheap for a top tier RB (he was mid $40s IIRC, while AP and Lynch went for $75-80 as the only two non-kept top tier RBs), and if Lacy had been who he should have been and Lynch hadn't gotten injured, I would've been starting two top 10 RBs!

It should've been awesome :unsmith:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Am I being too clever with defense? In one league my only defense was NYJ vs NE, which I was not too thrilled about. I picked up Oakland vs SD, because from what limited stuff I have seen from them, Oakland has been playing D fairly well recently, and SD has been really bad. There are also other defenses with favorable matchups around ( DET vs SF, MIA vs IND, BUF vs DAL). I was very tempted to go with DET, but bad Ds vs bad Os are kind of unpredictable.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I was able to pick up Karlos Williams and Cameron Artis-Payne on waivers and really need some help deciding which RB's to play this week. Pick three of the following:

Hightower vs. JAX
Gurley @ SEA
Miller vs. IND
Williams vs. Dallas
Artis-Payne @ Atl

Gurley's matchup is just awful and who knows what the Dolphins will do with Miller so I am actually considering starting Hightower, Williams, and Artis-Payne in the championship game. Oh how far I have fallen from the days of Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, Good Gurley, and Decent Miller.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

I was able to pick up Karlos Williams and Cameron Artis-Payne on waivers and really need some help deciding which RB's to play this week. Pick three of the following:

Hightower vs. JAX
Gurley @ SEA
Miller vs. IND
Williams vs. Dallas
Artis-Payne @ Atl

Gurley's matchup is just awful and who knows what the Dolphins will do with Miller so I am actually considering starting Hightower, Williams, and Artis-Payne in the championship game. Oh how far I have fallen from the days of Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, Good Gurley, and Decent Miller.

Williams and Hightower for sure, then I'd probably go Miller >= Gurley >>>>> CAP. Yeah you risk the Dolphins coaching staff being awful, but Gurley in Seattle should be really low ceiling. I wouldn't start Artis-Payne, Cam is their RB and we don't know whether CAP will even get any carries, and if he does, whether he's any good to begin with.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Tough flex choice this week:

Karlos Williams
Emmanuel Sanders
James White

0.5 PPR, and I'm currently the favorite. Since I need a solid floor more than a ceiling I'm leaning White. I wish I had a full week of Karlos as the starter before hand. He's so talented. And then Sanders is coming off a career game.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RVProfootballer posted:

Williams and Hightower for sure, then I'd probably go Miller >= Gurley >>>>> CAP. Yeah you risk the Dolphins coaching staff being awful, but Gurley in Seattle should be really low ceiling. I wouldn't start Artis-Payne, Cam is their RB and we don't know whether CAP will even get any carries, and if he does, whether he's any good to begin with.

Well the reason I was thinking CAP is because he got 14 carries and 2 catches last week and put up a solid 10.5 in half-ppr. He looked serviceable with Stewart out.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Gobias Ind. posted:

The Saints have made it clear that Hightower is their guy. I'd stick with him just because you know you're going to get volume. We aren't quite as sure about Artis-Payne.

I traded off a lot of my depth to put together my ideal playoff roster, and now OBJ went and got himself suspended, so I'm struggling to decide who to play in his stead.

Standard scoring, need a flex:

Snead vs Jacksonville (has looked better the last 2 weeks. Gimpy Brees now though)
Crabtree vs San Diego (his numbers have dropped off the last 6 weeks or so)
CMIKE vs St. Louis

I've also got Hillman and Ware but don't really think they're playable at this point.

Thanks man.

I still like Crabtree over those guys. From memory, Seattle in the Red Zone seems to throw every down since Rawls got hurt.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Well the reason I was thinking CAP is because he got 14 carries and 2 catches last week and put up a solid 10.5 in half-ppr. He looked serviceable with Stewart out.

Huh. I had no idea he did that well, actually. Thought this would be the first week he got much work. Still think Williams and Hightower are for sure in, then you might be right about CAP over Miller and Gurley. What a weird season, ha.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
For my championship game, nonPPR, I have L. Miller, J. White, I. Crowell and McFadden for RB, and I need to pick two.

I'm leaning McFadden(relaible 10 points guy) and White (big upside vs Jets), but I'm now really sure. What do you guys think?

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
I'm in the championship somehow despite being a complete fraud. I could use a little help as I've never been this far before.

(0 ppr)

I think I'm good with my wide receivers and RB1 but I can't decide whether to go with Christine Michael or Danny Woodhead for RB2.

Then, for my flex option I've got a lot of parity. I've got Matt Jones in there right now. Jarvis Landry has higher projected points but he's been pretty disappointing over the last few weeks. I could also go with my alternate RB2 pick.

What do you guys think?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh, this week.

Standard scoring/no PPR

Current lineup:

RB1: Cameron Artis-Payne (@Atlanta)
RB2: Denard Robinson (@New Orleans)

WR1: Brandon Marshall (vs New England)
WR2: Markus Wheaton (@Baltimore)

Flex: Allen Hurns (@ New Orleans)

My bench has Joique Bell (vs San Francisco) and Willie Snead (vs Jacksonville).

Does this look good? Hurns and Marshall are not getting benched, that's for sure. I know Denard Robinson had an injury and might not play, so he might not be an option in that case. Bilal Powell and James White are both available in my league, would anyone suggest picking them up even if Robinson is healthy?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ugh, this week.

Standard scoring/no PPR

Current lineup:

RB1: Cameron Artis-Payne (@Atlanta)
RB2: Denard Robinson (@New Orleans)

WR1: Brandon Marshall (vs New England)
WR2: Markus Wheaton (@Baltimore)

Flex: Allen Hurns (@ New Orleans)

My bench has Joique Bell (vs San Francisco) and Willie Snead (vs Jacksonville).

Does this look good? Hurns and Marshall are not getting benched, that's for sure. I know Denard Robinson had an injury and might not play, so he might not be an option in that case. Bilal Powell and James White are both available in my league, would anyone suggest picking them up even if Robinson is healthy?

Holy poo poo what happened to your team? Are you a McCoy/OBJ/Ingram owner or something?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Holy poo poo what happened to your team? Are you a McCoy/OBJ/Ingram owner or something?

Seriously.. C-AP as your RB1? Sorry dude :(

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Palmer who has been regularly very good for me and playing against a tougher Green Bay defense or Bortles who's been pretty good over all and playing against a lulzy NO defense? Leaning towards Bortles, but this is a rough choice.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I managed to get to my league's Super Bowl, only to lose OBJ, McCoy and potentially Cooks (if Brees is out). gently caress

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

cool kids inc. posted:

Palmer who has been regularly very good for me and playing against a tougher Green Bay defense or Bortles who's been pretty good over all and playing against a lulzy NO defense? Leaning towards Bortles, but this is a rough choice.

I'm debating against Palmer and Cousins. I know I'm going to make the wrong move.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm sticking with Palmer. He's gotten me this far got to trust him for the finals.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Getting word that Beckham got off. Anyone able to confirm?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Gobias Ind. posted:

I owned OBJ and J Stewart. My RBs most of the season were J Stewart, Chris Johnson and Ronnie Hillman. Week 14 I was using Shaun Draughn and Stewart, then this past week I had Brandon Bolden and Denard Robinson.

My opponent has Cam Newton, Tim Hightower and Charcandrick West. I know that I'm almost guaranteed to lose but I at least want to put up the best fight I can.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Should I drop Chris Ivory for Charmander? I had him and dropped him and now I can't drop anybody else and Ivory has been my lowest performer. Or drop Hightower? I have David Johnson and Artis-Payne

Also still debating Big Ben and Bortles. Got Ben starting right now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RBX posted:

Should I drop Chris Ivory for Charmander? I had him and dropped him and now I can't drop anybody else and Ivory has been my lowest performer. Or drop Hightower? I have David Johnson and Artis-Payne

Also still debating Big Ben and Bortles. Got Ben starting right now.

Huh? Drop Artis-Payne for Charmander yesterday.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh I thought he had high hopes? Ok cool

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RBX posted:

Oh I thought he had high hopes? Ok cool

Is this a redraft league? All of those other guys are better bets for the rest of this season.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah it's not a keepe league. Thanks

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You could even drop Ivory if you want. I see him as unstartable vs. NE. He barely plays when they are behind.

I'd start Cracandrick, Hightower, and David Johnson

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
[quote="" post="454183714"]
:siren: Ron Jaworski ‏@jawsespn 19m19 minutes ago NFL Films
BREAKING NEWS: Odell Beckham suspension to be OVERTURNED! (Per sources in NYC)

Wow!
[/quote]

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

PRAISE GOD! HALLELUJAH

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
He just went back on it and said they're still waiting

https://twitter.com/jawsespn/status/679764797731160064

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

He's the only one reporting it (other than Lawrence Tynes, of all people). I'm not celebrating yet.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thank you Roger for creating such a superstar driven league and keeping my Fantasyb Owl hopes alive

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

coronaball posted:

You could even drop Ivory if you want. I see him as unstartable vs. NE. He barely plays when they are behind.

I'd start Cracandrick, Hightower, and David Johnson

You don't drop Ivory just because you're not going to start him; he's much morel likely to come back and haunt you if your opponent grabs him. CAP is the better drop.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
While we wait on the real word, who wants to give opinions on this thing? It's 0ppr yahoo standard. I'm very much doing the whole overthinking thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You have both Julio Jones and Antonio Brown? LOL your league, jesus.

Congrats on your likely crushing victory

e. I'd probably put Maclin or Gore in over an injured/questionable Ted Ginn Jr.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

If it turns out Jaws jumped the gun I'll laugh hysterically right up until I'm fully hit by the crushing realization I've lost ODB, Yeldon, Eifert, and Cooks (by proxy) for the championship game.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 23, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm in a situation where I need to choose between Lamar "My coaches hate giving me the ball" Miller and Gurley vs the Seattle D

Leaning Miller right now but ugh

NE is probably going to shut down Ivory too, hell he just did fuckall against the Cowboys D

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

I'm in a situation where I need to choose between Lamar "My coaches hate giving me the ball" Miller and Gurley vs the Seattle D

Leaning Miller right now but ugh

NE is probably going to shut down Ivory too, hell he just did fuckall against the Cowboys D

Gurley or bust, you drat well know Lamar will get like 6 carries and Gurley is still a threat to house one even against Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Well if I play Gurley this is what I'm looking at right now

Really don't want to risk AJ against the Broncos with McCarron at the helm

• Locked thread