Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
Don't forget the great value of all the amazing packs you will be buying though. And actually it's only 20 tokens!

Investing in your futures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Got 5 and 6 and getting another bonus from work today so maybe I'll get another at 11 :getin:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh man, if I did my math right $60 will actually get me the Black Bolt, three 6*, two 5*, and one 90 bio selector package exactly.

I could 6* both She Hulk and Black Bolt and have one left over for a new character. Then the bios from the packages will 6* Loki and Blastpin. Maybe Superior Spidey also.

Drythe fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 23, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

3 6* packs eh?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yea, don't forget there is another sale for 6* and 5* on the 31st

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

Yea, don't forget there is another sale for 6* and 5* on the 31st

There is???? I gotta look at this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
gently caress those 6 stars tickets forever. Give me bio selectors.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh poo poo there is:

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
Hitting 20 tokens for sure

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It takes about a 150 investment to get the mega rank ticket. If you buy all 4 of each of the 5* 6* and 4x100 bios deals. That is kind of like buying one of those year long hero packs in MH.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh poo poo there is:

Thats where I came up with that 8700 crystal calculation in chat.

Whales gunna whale.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i slept through Whale Day, bringing shame to my family. and then im at work for the other half of it. so i'll probably just do the new years ones i guess

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Do not worry. Many of us brought glory and shame to the goon family.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Do not worry. Many of us bought glory and shame for the goon family.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Do worry. Many of us brought glory and shame to the goon family.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh poo poo there is:

Do rank up tickets require the character to be at the next lower rank (e.g. 4* for the 5* ticket) or can it be ranked up straight from 1*?

Thanks to Stark's Stash I'll be able to afford one of those 90 selector "special packs" before the sale is over, but holding out for a 5* rank up package also looks like a good option. Whaling out is not an option, so it has to be one or the other for me.

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
You have to be the next lowest rank to use those tickets, it's the Mega Rank up that lets you go straight from 1*

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Still excellent deals, though, given the bulk of biometrics necessary are tied up in the last two star levels.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

argh my bank account but gently caress yes for whoever is hard to farm and sitting at four stars

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

Do rank up tickets require the character to be at the next lower rank (e.g. 4* for the 5* ticket) or can it be ranked up straight from 1*?

Thanks to Stark's Stash I'll be able to afford one of those 90 selector "special packs" before the sale is over, but holding out for a 5* rank up package also looks like a good option. Whaling out is not an option, so it has to be one or the other for me.

that 90 selector and gold pack should be skipped then. You want to buy a costume with your crystals for a character that you main.

I think this needs to be restated. If you F2P or just do minor whaling, those crystals need to go towards costumes for your main team. This will make them stronger so you can go farther in timeline and get a bigger crystal reward.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons I need some quick help.

So on your gear modifiers, you already know you can roll your affixes of course.

I need to know what the max is for each roll and can't find a spreadsheet on Reddit of somebody who has done this already.

Basically if I roll "Phys Attack by __%" on first affix, what is the max? So on and so forth.

Any guidance is appreciated so I can tism properly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Goons I need some quick help.

So on your gear modifiers, you already know you can roll your affixes of course.

I need to know what the max is for each roll and can't find a spreadsheet on Reddit of somebody who has done this already.

Basically if I roll "Phys Attack by __%" on first affix, what is the max? So on and so forth.

Any guidance is appreciated so I can tism properly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FV3hmxlpuyoP2_4khDAt9-oOItHVopHgnC8YR-L39V0/htmlview?pli=1#gid=1308594218

Is what you are looking for

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You, my friend, are a friend.

Also, today marks a very historic day in my life to ascend to a higher form.

Pictured above: A Tadpole is about to ascend to Zoo Plankton status.

I have ascended[ past VIP1-3 where I was sitting at 4 for a long time. This put me at official status of Tadpole. I will now become a Zoo Plankton and then at VIP6, hit the prestigious Krill status, a whale's favorite food. From there, an upgrade to where I want to be exactly: VIP7 aka Popcorn Scrimps.

2016, according to the Chinese New Year, is factually the Year of the Whale.

Cuck yes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You, my friend, are a friend.

Also, today marks a very historic day in my life to ascend to a higher form.

Pictured above: A Tadpole is about to ascend to Zoo Plankton status.

I have ascended[ past VIP1-3 where I was sitting at 4 for a long time. This put me at official status of Tadpole. I will now become a Zoo Plankton and then at VIP6, hit the prestigious Krill status, a whale's favorite food. From there, an upgrade to where I want to be exactly: VIP7 aka Popcorn Scrimps.

2016, according to the Chinese New Year, is factually the Year of the Whale.

Cuck yes.

I'm brought to tears. Thank you for sharing this joyous moment with all of us here. Truly the bonds between us all grow.

Praise onto the Whale.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You should have seen my face* when my crystal purchases took me 9750/9800. I was livid. Literally blurted out "you are making GBS threads me" at the office the other day.

*see avatar

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I seem to have missed where to get those green whalin tokens and the game isn't explain where to get them either?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Pimpmust posted:

I seem to have missed where to get those green whalin tokens and the game isn't explain where to get them either?

When you buy any of the holiday limited qty stuff you get a whale token. Or two for the more expensive packs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pimpmust posted:

They'll also show in your inventory so you see how many ya own.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Since I random'd 5 star Singularity I guess I"ll just 6 star her/him/it.
Stars for the stars.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rofl holy guacamole did you all see this from the sheet God Master Hootington linked above?

Autism Section

I actually...feel good at where I'm at right now. I know where I'm at in MH and well, I'll just stop there.

If you're a new player, ignore the picture above.

Whale harder guys.

Non-Autism Section

After this sale, and trust me, whaling is amazing and fun especially with you all. I usually can't stop laughing when the sale hits talking to you all, but if you're new, you don't have to go loving crazy to purchase stuff.

Stark's Stash gives you 75 crystals daily for 30 days for only $3.99. That's the most you should ever spend on this game.

Mr. Netmarbu~ himself gives you 25 crystals daily per daily missions, 100+ from Timeline Missions per week and 400 crystals on login for the month.

Let's say you are regular ol person and you get 100 crystals a week from Timeline:

400 total for logins
400 total for Timeline Battle
750 total for daily missions for 30 days
50 total estimate for Mr Netmarbu~ being nice and sending stuff

That is a grand total of 1600 crystals you get free every month for spending $0. That's pretty drat generous.

Mild Case of Autism Section

Take the 1600 Free and add the $3.99 package.

1600+2450=4,050 crystals per month and knowing you did a great deed by feeding a developer's family for a day. All for $3.99.

VIP1: Pre-cum status.

Sperglord Autism Section for Master Tisms

You thought $8,500 was an OK number to spend? GUESS AGAIN, 99% moron.

It's actually $9,100 to max out. Spend harder. Whale harder. Literally become a whale.

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 23, 2015

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I actually had looked it up to see how much it would be to unlock autoplay++ and well $5,000 seems slightly unreasonable. I got to VIP 4 with Christmas gifts and buying my first 6/6, but I don't think I want to spend any more to make the treadmill faster (except the $4/mo)

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sperglord Autism Section for Master Tisms

You thought $8,500 was an OK number to spend? GUESS AGAIN, 99% moron.

It's actually $9,100 to max out. Spend harder. Whale harder. Literally become a whale.

If you're gonna whale, whale smart. It's pretty easy to find iTunes/Google Play gift cards at a discount, making your whale dollars go farther. For example, last week Target was running a buy 1, get 1 20% off promo on all iTunes gift cards. Using my Target REDCard(R) for another 5% off, I was able to get a total discount of 15% on a pair of iTunes gift cards, and then apply those savings to a crystal purchase promo, then apply THOSE crystals to the time limited promo packages. Layers of nested savings!

Using the techniques noted above and accounting for various restrictions designed to prevent money laundering using gift card purchases, you could reach VIP 15 Blue Whale status for the low price of only $7,735 with enough patience!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
dont ever post that chart again ICR i swear 2 god

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mr Hootington posted:

that 90 selector and gold pack should be skipped then. You want to buy a costume with your crystals for a character that you main.

I think this needs to be restated. If you F2P or just do minor whaling, those crystals need to go towards costumes for your main team. This will make them stronger so you can go farther in timeline and get a bigger crystal reward.
I've got my costume needs pretty much covered, is the thing. There aren't any I'm dying to buy at this time. Certain characters being a pain if not outright impossible to farm is something I'm more inclined to spend crystals on to rectify.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Did MH really go bad or are some people just salty at nerfs? I stopped playing (due to having no time) a little after pets got stats, and the consensus at that time was "Gaz was bad, but now really good".

Also I am over the moon about these free 6rank ISO's. It means I can grind my Ock's stuff manually while a tidal wave of awesome poo poo just pours into Elsa over time (i love how her skills use every part of the Gunnalo, no chamber spared, no butt slammed).

Protect the Captain for Ock, Anger of Red Hulk (or whatever its called) for Elsa. Go ahead and tell me how bad these are; I wont listen because gently caress rolling for 8-sets, but I will acknowledge your post! I really wish the system was set up for taking multiple ISO sets (crystal can only contribute for one set at a time), would make for a way more varied setup than "dump gold into the volcano until the RNG god gives you an 8-set".

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just hit VIP6. Don't ever post that picture again please thanks.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MH is fine. Game got significantly better after you stopped, then they didn't release any content for 6 months and people got cabin fever and started killing and eating each other. You also missed a livestreamed hotdog contest.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

MotU posted:

dont ever post that chart again ICR i swear 2 god

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It's been 24 hours since I quit my public alliance which goon alliance has space for a cool dude who doesn't like what that VIP chart said about his spending habits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I want my VIP9 in mh mr gaz!! I earnt it

• Locked thread