Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

I am super curious about who this is since you have Cecil Shorts, JJ Nelson, and Gabbert on your bench. If it's someone worse than those 3, then I don't even know what to think.

Doesn't have to be worse than those guys, if I'd drop one of them for someone on the wire. Since I'm out of money, I don't have that choice.

In any case, I think Shorts and Nelson are both lottery tickets that could see dividends next year. Especially JJ Nelson, who is a rookie who is making some big plays. Shorts seems competent enough, and would be better on another team: maybe he'll get traded, or maybe the texans will improve at QB. And Gabbert could well be the niners' starting QB next year, depending on what they do during the draft. The team needs an offensive line, some passing weapons, and maybe some additional coaching staff changes, but who knows!

When I look at the waiver wire right now, I'm looking at bargain players who could provide depth in 2016. There's a ton of IDP guys with that potential of course, but even on offenses I see a few.

Remember, the context is: if you have a completely empty slot, do you really see nobody on the wire that's worth a dollar to stash away for next year, just to see how he develops?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Remember, the context is: if you have a completely empty slot, do you really see nobody on the wire that's worth a dollar to stash away for next year, just to see how he develops?

Don't we have to drop guys before the FA draft anyway? Or do we all get 10 picks and then have to manage benches of 30 dudes?

Edit: I mean, yes. Having a full roster is better than empty slots. Just pray the dude you pick up gets traded to a team that will use him or someone ahead of him in the depth chart gets injured. If not, drop them for the FA draft.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 18, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You'll have to drop guys to make room for your draft, yeah. But you'll get to see what the various teams do during the postseason, offseason, NFL draft, and probably most of the preseason too, before you have to make that decision.

But you don't get to keep your FAAB dollars from this year so you might as well spend them on a lottery ticket guy now, even if you're 90% sure you'll just be dropping them next August.

e. Unless we change the rules! I do think needing to drop guys is important, because it puts the guys you dropped into the free agent draft pool. But I could see an argument for not wanting to decide who to drop until you see who you were able to snag in the draft.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

yeah that's true, I should probably do some better scouting. Such a pain in the butt to cross-reference available players with, like, any useful 2016 information about them, be it contract details, age, depth chart status...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I use Rotoworld for a lot of that stuff, but I haven't found a good source for contract info.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I use http://overthecap.com/player/desean-jackson/744/

Because I'm lazy and it comes up in my search history when I start typing.

I only use it to see when the guy will be a free agent so if you want something more, then this isn't helpful I guess.

Edit: I think the draft should be "drop guys ahead of time and then only draft the empty slots you created" if that makes any sense.

So if I have 2 empty slots I only get to draft Round 1 and Round 2. That would make the draft pool less lovely.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 18, 2015

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
you guys didn't make a proprietary database for this? explains my points for.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had a massively modified copy of Beersheets for the draft, but I haven't done that kind of work since. I'm in three different fantasy leagues so it's already an hour of work every week setting up my TV watching sheet - basically tracking which games all my players are in (with bench players in italics) so I can print them off and then write down the different channels (NFL sunday ticket) so I can more easily click around to the games I care more about.

Which, speaking of, I need to much better automate for next year, because I'm making way too many manual copy/pastes right now. But it's nice having an easily-referenced record of exactly who I started and sat for every game this past season.

e.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Edit: I think the draft should be "drop guys ahead of time and then only draft the empty slots you created" if that makes any sense.

So if I have 2 empty slots I only get to draft Round 1 and Round 2. That would make the draft pool less lovely.

That's how I envisioned it and tried to codify in the rules right now, with one modification: you're not forced to draft at your position in any given round. Important since salaries are based on which round you drafted in. So if you have say two empty slots, you could draft for one in round 1, then skip your round 2 pick, and then fill your second slot in round 3 with a cheaper player.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Zac stacy to IR

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$165.00			$85.00
Who Da Titoons?			$219.00			$31.00
Percy Riot			$155.00			$95.00
Gridiron Chefs			$203.50			$46.50
Team McLean			$207.00			$43.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$229.00			$21.00
Mediocre Cougars		$160.50			$89.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$223.50			$26.50
Concord Concordes		$214.00			$36.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$158.00			$92.00
Placeholder Team Name		$144.50			$105.50
Hawk Hunters			$216.50			$33.50
Some bargain hunting this morning.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I really wish I hadn't tried to get cute a few weeks ago and dropped bilal powell to pick up Hoyer. Because Dang.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I didn't think too much of it at the time when I forgot we still have Thursday night games. My intention was to monitor Watt's hand status until game time and if necessary swap in Donald to DL and Burfict to DP. Now it looks like that mistake is gonna cost me the win ufff. At least I was right about Markus Wheaton!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Placeholders shooting for high score this week, hah

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Doubt it because David Johnson is good/Eagles are bad. I hope Swedes gets 176 so I don't feel bad about my gently caress up!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sometimes with IDP, being bad is helpful. The offense challenges you repeatedly (lots of tackles) instead of avoiding you. A safety vs. a pass-happy team doesn't have to be great to rack up a score.

Meanwhile, it's not looking good for me. Tim Hightower and Stephone Anthony will need like 40+ to advance me to the final. Looking like a bid for third place vs. the Chefs is in my future. (gently caress you, Dolphins)

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 21, 2015

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Doubt it because David Johnson is good/Eagles are bad. I hope Swedes gets 176 so I don't feel bad about my gently caress up!

There you go wouldn't want you to have to stew all offseason.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

oh good my team had handily the best week of its season

while on bye?

in the loser's bracket

danny woodhead continues to be the most underrated player, year after year

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In theory you were playing the Titoons, but yeah it's an academic exercise for both of you, since the match doesn't affect standings for anything. Just bragging rights.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welp. Full writeup tomorrow, but for now: Ash Ketchum faces Finkle in the finals! Both teams are now in guaranteed money. Congratulations!

My Concordes face the Chefs in the third place match. The winner gets a modest payout, the loser gets bupkis.

In the consolation bracket, victors Percy Riot and Team McLean face one another for the consolation championship; the winner gets a $20 payout... enough to cover this year's dues!

First Down Syndrome and the Placeholders both won their losers' matches, earning moral victories only.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Mccluster to IR

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I think I've got this right
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/h2hplayoffs?leagueId=1222085

The winner's bracket is definitely right. Ash Ketchum and Ray Finkle are playing for 1st place.

Concordes and Chefs are facing one another in the 3rd place matchup, which ESPN is calling the winner's consolation ladder.

I'm using the bye week slot in that ladder to match the two teams who have lost both of their postseason matches: the Titoons and the Cougars. They are playing for 11th place.

In the consolation ladder: Percy Riot and Team McLean won both their postseason matches and are facing off for winner of the consolation tournament, which is also technically 5th place.

First Down, Brick squad, Placeholders, and and Hunters are all 1/1 in the postseason.

First Down and Placeholders both lost first, and then won, so they're playing one another for 9th place.

Brick squad and hawk hunters both won first, and then lost, so they're playing one another for 7th place.

Note that only the first through fifth place spots matter for next year's draft: the other draft positions are all based on regular season Points For records, irrespective of win/loss record. .

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Swarmin Swedes posted:

There you go wouldn't want you to have to stew all offseason.

If I am gonna lose, I wanna get destroyed so there is no doubt! I had the points to win on the bench, but I would have had to sat Ivory to do it and that wasn't ever going to happen. I can still possibly win a few bux though!

Also I got curious and decided to take a peek at the top scorers so far this year. My team's highest scorer is last compared to all others, and it is Posluszny LOL. I should be a drat magician because if there was ever a smoke and mirrors job this was it.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 23, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A small bidding war for Jordan Matthews was won this morning by First Down Syndrome, who bid $21 for this productive wide receiver ranked #30 in our scoring for the year, outbidding the Cougars.

TBH I was stunned to see him on the waiver wire at all and so I'm glad to see he's going to cost something significant to keep. Chip Kelly's ride may be wild, but the next-highest ranked un-owned WR in our league is Anquan Boldin at #46.

Meanwhile the Placeholders went bargain hunting and picked up Crowell and Jerry Hughes for a buck each.

Here are your caps; they'll only matter through Saturday. After the last game, I'll be locking rosters for the year: we'll discuss rules changes over the offseason, and everyone will have a chance to drop players before next year's draft(s). This means if you want to make any more FAAB pickups, you should get them in by Friday night.

pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$186.00			$64.00
Who Da Titoons?			$219.00			$31.00
Percy Riot			$155.00			$95.00
Gridiron Chefs			$203.50			$46.50
Team McLean			$207.00			$43.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$229.00			$21.00
Mediocre Cougars		$162.50			$87.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$210.50			$39.50
Concord Concordes		$214.00			$36.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$158.00			$92.00
Placeholder Team Name		$146.00			$104.00
Hawk Hunters			$216.50			$33.50
pre:
Placeholder Team Name		1	$ 77
Mediocre Cougars		2	$ 62
First Down Syndrome		3	$ 5
1017 BRICK SQUAD		4	$ 46
Hawk Hunters			5	$ 43
Percy Riot			6	$ 76
Team McLean	 		7	$ 80
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	8	$ 18
Who Da Titoons?			9	$ 64
Concord Concordes		10	$ 0
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	11	$ 0
Gridiron Chefs			12	$ 9
Finally, I couldn't help notice: kazak_Hstan, do you understand how the IR works? Because you have two players on IR, but you haven't put them in your empty IR slots. Doing so would free up two bench slots and some salary cap space, if you wanted to grab any more players for your team. You don't have to, of course, but it occurred to me that you might not have ever used the IR.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Jordan Matthews on the waiver wire... this league... :cmon:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I drafted Matthews for $26. I dropped him hoping to pick him back up cheaper. For $21, FDS can have him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

The Zack posted:

I drafted Matthews for $26. I dropped him hoping to pick him back up cheaper. For $21, FDS can have him.

With my poo poo team and huge cap space I'll gladly take him for $21.

I initially bid $13, but figured someone other than you would bid on him so I just figured go for it since it's so drat late in the year and he rounds out my roster for next year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What are the little locks next to some of the Free Agents?

"Player will lock by next Free Agent Auction" it says. It wont let me add them. Not that I want to, but I was just looking and hadn't seen this before.

Oh, they are locked until Next Wednesday the 30th for whatever reason.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
matthews is like a top 20 WR dynasty asset hth

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

What are the little locks next to some of the Free Agents?

"Player will lock by next Free Agent Auction" it says. It wont let me add them. Not that I want to, but I was just looking and hadn't seen this before.

Oh, they are locked until Next Wednesday the 30th for whatever reason.

Yeah, a lock means the player has either already played this week, or will have already played before the next auction (which is Saturday). So all thursday night football players are locked after the Wednesday auction takes place.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Is there a way to get drop notifications or something? I didn't even see he was available

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not that I know of. You should visit the league main page every week, though, to see who has been dropped by the other owners.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was soooo close to swapping Cox in for Suh, gently caress me.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I was soooo close to swapping Cox in for Suh, gently caress me.

Not a whole lot of a sweat coming to start Monday, but the possibility is there! Woulda been nice if DGB didn't roll a goose egg though =/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah Demaryius is capable of big games, even with osweiler throwing the ball, and pacman jones could turn in a dud. But I'm feeling pretty good.

Meanwhile, congratulations to Swarmin Swedes on winning the championship! There's still one game left tomorrow night, but Ash Ketchum is way ahead and more importantly, Finkle's team is done. Ketchum, you'll recall, was the #5 seed, just making it in to the wildcard match... this just goes to show that fantasy football is cruel and arbitrary anyone can pull off an upset victory if they are stupidly lucky skilled enough!

Swarmin Swedes will collect the grand prize of $160!
Gyshall comes in second place, and will take home $80!

Meanwhile, the consolation ladder finals match has also been decided: Percy Riot defeats Team McLean by a thin but comfortable 10 point margin, unlikely to vaporize from stat corrections. kazak_Hstan will collect $20, handily refunding this year's dues.

I'll figure out the rest after Monday night's game. Me and Chen Kenichi are still fighting it out; I'm hoping to claim the $40 third place winnings, but Demaryius Thomas and Vontaze Burfict could still pull the Gridiron Chefs through.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can I interest anyone in Devante Adams?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

this loving game

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Victory is mine!

I mean... third place victory. Well played, Chen Kenichi. I'm glad I beat you by enough that playing Ben over Brock didn't cost you the match, because that would have been painful.

What a weird weekend of football. I'll post full and final results tomorrow, but keep your eyes out for the stat corrections coming on Thursday morning, which will finish out our season. In the meantime, I don't see an obvious way to lock teams, but:

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY FURTHER TRANSACTIONS OR CHANGES TO YOUR TEAM! Don't drop any players, don't make trades, don't move guys on or off of IR. We need to hash out some rules during the offseason, there will be a chance to drop players before the draft, I just want to preserve things as they are for the moment. Thanks!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Congrats to Ash/Swedes

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Victory is mine!

I mean... third place victory. Well played, Chen Kenichi. I'm glad I beat you by enough that playing Ben over Brock didn't cost you the match, because that would have been painful.

What a weird weekend of football. I'll post full and final results tomorrow, but keep your eyes out for the stat corrections coming on Thursday morning, which will finish out our season. In the meantime, I don't see an obvious way to lock teams, but:

Yeah Ben was a real let down this week. Nothing could be done because this is fantasy! Still feel good about my roster for the upcoming years so we will have to see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Zack posted:

Congrats to Ash/Swedes