Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
god drat does tau run into a toys over boys problem really quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Not really... It's Tau.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Friend-os,
I have news. I went to my Dad's house and grabbed a bunch of 40k poo poo that was destined for the garbage can. I am willing to part with any of this stuff for the cost of shipping alone through the SA forums. If you're intersted PM me or post here and we'll set poo poo up. I will gladly post pictures or clarify poo poo as needed. Everything is used unless I have specified that it is New In Box (NIB).

Dark Eldar
- Metal Haemonculus
- 3 metal wyches
- NIB incubi
- NIB 2 warriors w/ splinter cannon

Eldar
- NIB Farseer and Dire Avenger Exarch
- NIB Dark Reapers
- Warp spider Exarch
- Eldar weapons
o 4 Flamer
o 3 Melta
o 3 Shuriken Catapult
o 4 Lasgun
o Shuriken Pistol
o 3 Power fists

Grey Knights
- Brass Etched

Space Marines
- NIB Long Fang w/ Heavy Bolter
- Metal Dreadnought
- Metal MKII armor marine
- Metal Chaplain
- SM Weapons
o Lascannon
o Missile Launcher
o 3 old-rear end bolters
o Old-rear end bolt pistol
o 6 backpacks
o 4 sets of pauldrons
o 1 bolt pistol arm
o Current model bolt pistol

Chaos Space Marines
- Sorcerer (no backpack)
- Plague Marine Icon bearer (no backpack)
- Ahriman (no staff)
- Abaddon (no arms)
- Havoc Autocannon body and autocannon arm
- Metal CSM Terminators
o 5 bodies
o 3 twin-linked bolters
o Combi-melta
o Combi-flamer
o 5 heads
o 8 shoulder spikes
o Chainaxe
o Chainfist
o Power Maul
o Power Axe

Imperial Guard
- NIB Cadian Heavy Weapons Team
o Comes with extra HW Sprue (used)
- Metal Cadian Medic
- 2 Metal Cadian Melta Gunners
- 4 Metal Cadian Plasma Gunners
- Metal Commander w/ Helmet
- Metal Commander w/ Peaked Hat
- Metal Eversor

The Sex Cannon fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 23, 2015

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm always up for collecting old Chaos stuff. No pm's so we'll have to setup an email thing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm totally down for those Cadians and any RT-Era marines!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anybody here have a Taurox and a Rhino? I'm wondering how large the rear access hatch of the Taurox is compared to a rhino side door.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
For some reason most of the Tau players I've gone up against really skimp on the Devilfish transports, which usually results in me focusing on their infantry and whittle down their board control.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Same in my meta. They all try to gun line and wonder what's going wrong when my dudes have complete board control.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uroboros posted:

For some reason most of the Tau players I've gone up against really skimp on the Devilfish transports, which usually results in me focusing on their infantry and whittle down their board control.

That's what I mean. Devilfish are like 80 points! That's almost half a Riptide!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also lol three ghostkeels in an optimized stealth cadre in a hunter contingent are BS5 or 6 with Ignores Cover in shooting phase (BS3, +1 from Fire Team, +1 from The Wall of Mirrors, +1 from Coordinated Firepower)

good job, GW

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Milotic posted:

Helcult is amazing as non apoc CSM formations go. 70 fearless cultists with mark of Khorne and 2 ccws. That is so much fun. Makes for an awesome visual as a horde descends over the enemy. I just love chucking dice. And if they have hatred it's even more dice. It's not broken though since they're easy to kill.

Most formations are actually garbage. No one wants to actually pay for 70 marked cultists. If you wanted a blob of fearless cultists you go Typhus and make zombies. Then you don't have to buy marks or a heap of garbage that is a helbrute. Hell, you probably save points and wind up with FNP and a pretty solid termi lord.

Granted using that termi lord is impossible because CSM doesn't have delivery options that are worth a poo poo.

fryorama posted:

Just bought the new SM book. Jesus Christ the loving Black Templars look like they're brutal.

That's a weird way to say White Scars.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

god drat does tau run into a toys over boys problem really quickly

Buy suits and guns for said suits.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

also lol three ghostkeels in an optimized stealth cadre in a hunter contingent are BS5 or 6 with Ignores Cover in shooting phase (BS3, +1 from Fire Team, +1 from The Wall of Mirrors, +1 from Coordinated Firepower)

good job, GW

Why? You have to buy terrible stealth suits, have positioning restrictions and have three MCs in a unit. It doesn't work for 'nids and it doesn't work for Tau.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like stealth suits :mad:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I like stealth suits :mad:

And I like chimeras. But the game does not.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Eh Stealth Suits aren't bad, just not optimal. They're an acceptable tax for the OSC.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Eh Stealth Suits aren't bad, just not optimal. They're an acceptable tax for the OSC.

Taxes are why most formations suck.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Are there any decent alternate apothecary bits?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Naramyth posted:

Most formations are actually garbage. No one wants to actually pay for 70 marked cultists. If you wanted a blob of fearless cultists you go Typhus and make zombies. Then you don't have to buy marks or a heap of garbage that is a helbrute. Hell, you probably save points and wind up with FNP and a pretty solid termi lord.

Granted using that termi lord is impossible because CSM doesn't have delivery options that are worth a poo poo.

Yeah I painted up a 3-Helbrute formation for the novelty of it, but it's not great because it's still 3 subpar units.

The Termi Lord options with IA13 border on passable.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

What do you mean? There's plastic apothecary bits in the command squad, the Ravenwing command squad, and even terminator apothecary bits in the Deathwing and Grey Knight Terminator boxes. Beyond that, maybe you could convert a sanguinary priest to be less Blood Angely. I think that about rounds it out.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I'm always up for collecting old Chaos stuff. No pm's so we'll have to setup an email thing.

Word. What's your email?

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm totally down for those Cadians and any RT-Era marines!

Word. What's your email?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

There's very little downside to the 3-man Ghostkeel formation. Splitfire is 5 points, you get 3 invisibility uses and they're drat solid in melee.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
ion/fusion as the loadout, no?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

The Sex Cannon posted:

Word. What's your email?

Word. What's your email?

REDACTED

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 23, 2015

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

Talos arms pinned to a backpack. The Mechanicus riflemen backpacks have some decent flat bits to attach them to. Also, there's a chainsword in the Cadian Command box that looks like it would work as some sort of tactical scalpel thing for an Apothecary.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PMed about the Eldar. Woo woo?

Germ
May 7, 2013

PMed about the Space Marines!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

ion/fusion as the loadout, no?

Yes for Ghostkeel and Riptides.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Does anyone have the Forge World Avatars? Do you know how big they are vs a Contemptor? Planning a conversion with the weapons.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

RIP 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You could send that photo into your kid's school and you'll qualify for free lunches.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You could send that photo into your kid's school and you'll qualify for free lunches.

also qualify for a visit from child protective services

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Any one have any advice on building a display board with a roman theme to match my bases?

Also, looking to get some company banners, is there anything better than the one that comes with the Command Squad kit?

I ended up snagging the Ultramarine Transfer sheet and it has all sorts of neat poo poo to decorate my boys with, I don't know what it is but I am having an infinitely easier time applying transfer with the new sheets than I did with the previous...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Uroboros posted:

Any one have any advice on building a display board with a roman theme to match my bases?

My gut says to check into aquarium decorations for columns that you can use.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
contents:
3 crisis battlesuit team (old)
1 crisis battlesuit team (new)
4 fire warrior team (old)
1 fire warrior team (new)
2 pathfinder team (old)
2 drone blisters
infiltration cadre
2 riptides
3 ghostkeels
piranha
1 broadside (old)
2 broadsides (new)
stealth team
hammerhead
stormsurge
fireblade
tidewall shieldline
codex

total: $868.83

retail: ~$1740 or so idk

feeling p hype

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Promethium can't melt ceramite beams.

hh was an inside job

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Uroboros posted:

PantsOptional posted:

My gut says to check into aquarium decorations for columns that you can use.

Baking supply stores might be a better bet. Check for the cake topper columns, etc.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Enentol posted:

Baking supply stores might be a better bet. Check for the cake topper columns, etc.

I never would have thought of that! Yeah, Wilton looks like it sells columns really cheaply.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

MasterSlowPoke posted:

New thread title please

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

god drat

If I were to take a picture of all the poo poo I'm yet to build/paint I think I'd actually have to take stock of my life, and that wouldn't be good for anybody.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Strike Force Ultra and Battle Demi Company Box sets, plus primed 2x Predator, 2x Rhino/razorback, Stormraven, and StormTalon all waiting to be painted, but a squad of Suzerain Invictus and Capt Sicarious are in line before them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
In 1,850 points, how hard to kill are two Wraithknights? How would you approach an army like that?

• Locked thread