Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

notZaar posted:

Articles like that never seem to grasp that about half the people in this country don't live in major metro areas and apps don't cater to the rural and suburb crowd.

The thing I don't get is, I live in a big city and there are three grocery stores within a 5 minute walk or 1 minute drive/bike ride of me. It's easier than ever for me to go to the store and cook things. It just baffles me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just got this great new app called Water™. They deliver on demand and their drink is so great I'm just gonna say right now, I couldn't live without it. I straight up feel more alive when I drink it. It's amazing. it's because it's pure. simple. artisanal. real. tangible and it comes in an eco friendly cardboard box with a picture of a funny cat on it, so I know I am making the world a better place. Whoever thought of this Water™ is a genius bravo.

I wish someone would invent an app for my shoes so I wasn't stepping on the laces all of the time.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

OctoberBlues posted:

The thing I don't get is, I live in a big city and there are three grocery stores within a 5 minute walk or 1 minute drive/bike ride of me. It's easier than ever for me to go to the store and cook things. It just baffles me.

This is more of an NYC thing and basically treating seamless as how everyone gets food is a symptom of the media being based there.
It makes sense there because apartments that don't cost insane amounts (for NYC) tend to have small, basically useless kitchens. SF may be going down the same route as apartments are more expensive there now than NYC. With a crippled kitchen, and the wide variety of good, cheapish resturants very large metros have, it can make sense, even if it costs more.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

OctoberBlues posted:

Tbf it depends on the area. There is yuppie, hipster-filled college town around where I live (Uni of Michigan area) that up until recently had a thousand super expensive restaurants and "artisinal" coffee shops but the closest thing to a grocery store was the grocers aisle of a CVS or 7-11. Hell, even in Detroit the closest thing you have to a grocer around the University was a bunch of whole foods, no regular places. Only recently have they started to realize that six dollar tomatoes probably isn't the best for regular college students

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Meta Ridley posted:

You're all just salty cuz you had a poo poo childhood with MSPaint

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...

I float in the ocean!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Generation Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvasNHHT2QQ

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

:wth:

naem
May 29, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

I just got this great new app called Water™. They deliver on demand and their drink is so great I'm just gonna say right now, I couldn't live without it. I straight up feel more alive when I drink it. It's amazing. it's because it's pure. simple. artisanal. real. tangible and it comes in an eco friendly cardboard box with a picture of a funny cat on it, so I know I am making the world a better place. Whoever thought of this Water™ is a genius bravo.

I wish someone would invent an app for my shoes so I wasn't stepping on the laces all of the time.

ShoZ©®™: an app that summons a desperate college student or illegal immigrant with 3 jobs to come tie your shoes **

**all ShoZ©™® team members are independent contractors and not direct hire ShoZ™®© employees. ShoZ©™® does not conduct background checks and can not verify felon status, nor are we required to provide health or liability insurance. When a strange man or woman with face sores in a festive purple ShoZ©™® hoodie appears at your door, you enter into a binding agreement not to sue ShoZ©™® for any damages related to physical or sexual assault by letting them in. ShoZ©™® in no way requires or expects our independent contractors to perform sexual services for our app users; any and all violation of state or federal law falls solely upon the independent contractor in question. If your ShoZ©™® independent contractor sees your ridiculous comfort ridden lifestyle in which you live in a beautiful glass and stainless steel condominium that looks a lot like an Apple™© store and breaks down crying, cursing the day they were born, why God? Why am I tormented so? Please do not be alarmed- they are most likely just exhausted from their 12 hour shift working at that Automat®™ restaurant place where they stand behind a glass wall where you can't see them, slaving away stirring huge vats of weird South American psudograins to pour in your slop bowl, you lazy uses less cant-tie-your-own-drat-shoes millennial

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

Blue Apron is another startup (of course it is) that delivers ingredients to your house in pre-packaged segments so you can cook. Which is even worse for a variety of reasons, but the biggest being that nobody has apparently heard of a grocery store.

Oh my god when I read "blue apron" at first I thought it was a way of calling cooking for yourself an activity for the working class. And yeah let's just have as much packaging for our food as humanly possible jesus loving christ. Why keep olive oil in your pantry if you can get exactly 2 tbsp delivered to your door!

NESguerilla posted:

I am happy to announce my new product, Artisanally Evaporated Reiki water, also known as Åër™

We will deliver Åër™ to your house in a specially-designed container that maximizes spiritual compatibility.

Anyway, haha "art is anal," and jpg or die:

This guy sends you a sharpened pencil in the mail for $40

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

quote:

Shall I cook or order-in tonight?

If you’re a 20- or 30-something living in an urban dwelling these days, odds are the answer to this question is simple: You’ll Seamless or GrubHub something.

These people live on another planet.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Blue Apron -
"Family Plan" (Family-style Meals for Four)

4 recipes per week (each serves 4)

Weekly total: $139.84

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So far I had only encountered "respect my pronouns" type people on the internet but I met one irl today. She was actually v attractive but completely obnoxious

what a waste

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

NESguerilla posted:

Whoever thought of this Water™ is a genius bravo.

You may joke but I saw an ad the other week at a bus stop for some kind of sparkling spring water (NOW WITH BUBBLES!), and the tag line was literally 'PURE GENIUS'.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/PK_EQD/status/679560930183778304

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

No 45y old software engineer screaming at the kids about "all your base are belong to us" and that they should get therapy and jobs

2/5

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
what % of millenials are darkies?

something 2 think about

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

At what point during your time vaping off a bright blue robot cock in a fursuit do you realize you failed at life?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Living in Sacramento is cool because you hear about all this lame delivery app poo poo from the Bay Area or New York and literally none of them work in this area because of how retarded it is to expect someone to drive from an office in Roseville to drop off your 3 eggs and sugar or whatever in Del Paso Heights. So its like half of the startup industry may as well not exist here

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bluewedge posted:

what % of millenials are darkies?

something 2 think about

Idgi

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Art is anal

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Living in Sacramento is cool because you hear about all this lame delivery app poo poo from the Bay Area or New York and literally none of them work in this area because of how retarded it is to expect someone to drive from an office in Roseville to drop off your 3 eggs and sugar or whatever in Del Paso Heights. So its like half of the startup industry may as well not exist here

Also in Sacremento you don't have to worry about techies pitching app ideas at the local bar.

etalian fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 24, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I just watched 1 minute of a Jessica Nigri live stream. I want the world to explode.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I was picking up Jnr this afternoon from his School which has a very good reputation in our area and it's students were known for their high dress standards and good behavior. However today was a type of free dress day and as such the students were able to wear normal clothes as long as they were or had in them a certain color.

Now I was shocked to see that when I was driving him out of the school that the students were behaving abnormally. They were completely disregarding their mormal behaviour and crossing the road away from the designated crossing that was approximately 15 meters away? Not only were they doing this, they were ignoring the cars that were on the road also. Just sauntering across the road at any angle they desired expecting the traffic to stop for them.

Now these are students from a school where such behavior is not tollerated and I was shocked to see this occuring. However with the way that the behaviour of most of the young people today has degraded, I suppose that it had to happen sooner or later.

It's a shame that this had to happen, but sooner or later the general population will wake up and see that this 'Tree of Political Correctness' is bearing rotten fruit and that the 'Do Gooders' are really destroying what is RIGHT. So what we need are Do Righters instead. "The Good Old Days" were called that for a reason - they were the days when people and behavior was GOOD.

naem
May 29, 2011

I'd like to talk to your manager

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_NLS6YgiM

me irl

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 24, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Whelp, if I ever have kids, gonna drown them

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Maybe if the government stopped putting estrogen in the water, girls wouldn't look like full grown women at 16 and men wouldn't have low T. Really makes u think...

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4S1TJ-tuy4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Stealth snapped this photograph at the grocery store today

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stinky_Pete posted:

Stealth snapped this photograph the grocery store today

that is a lot of loving orange juice

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

symbolic posted:

that is a lot of loving orange juice

Have you never been to a grocery store?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

JB50 posted:

Have you never been to a grocery store?
yes but i am not used to seeing that much orange juice

apparently i don't pay attention to it much

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

symbolic posted:

yes but i am not used to seeing that much orange juice

apparently i don't pay attention to it much

Some of it is sunny d which doesnt count as orange juice.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

JB50 posted:

Some of it is sunny d which doesnt count as orange juice.
sunny d barely counts as a drink

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

what's sunny d? some american thing. let's look it up

quote:

Manufacturer Procter & Gamble
Ingredients Water, High fructose corn syrup, and less than 2% concentrated juices

oh, diluted corn syrup. of course it is.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think all of those things in the image are fake orange juice

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Mathematician writes paper on why hipsters all look the same.

http://wapo.st/1Ob9VN2

I have no idea if this has any validity, but since it picks on a subset of millennials (all of them) I'll seize on it as truth. (Repost from 2014)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

the whole "lol why all nonconformists look same?!?!?" thing is pretty loving dumb because generally the purpose is to rebel against parental expectations and the popular media portrayal of your demographic's culture, not to not look like anyone else ever

there are millions of people, you're going to look like a bunch of other people no matter what your style is unless you design and sew all of your own clothing and even then it's still probably going to be derivative

• Locked thread