Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

OldTennisCourt posted:

Kimble Justice goes into detail of the over-hyped fighting game Rise of the Robots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4udiQq5gpY

This guy's videos are amazing but his voice is so hard to stand. All I can think of is Elmer Fudd every time he says Wise of the Wobots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

WickedHate posted:

This guy's videos are amazing but his voice is so hard to stand. All I can think of is Elmer Fudd every time he says Wise of the Wobots.

She just has a strong accent, but I still enjoy her other videos.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Yeah, I assume it's mostly an accent thing. I've noticed Jim Sterling do it a bit, too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Equeen posted:

She just has a strong accent, but I still enjoy her other videos.

Oh, my mistake! Sorry.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'd be interested in another long Final Fantasy look, maybe at 8 since that's probably one of the more interesting failures in Square's catologue, a game that isn't AWFUL but has glaring flaws coming after something as massive as 7. It deserves a better look than the Spoony "LOL CLOUD? MORE LIKE EMO GAY!" videos.

Did you see his little "review" for 9 that the reason he skipped over the game is because "I can't get over how everyone looks like androgynous furries"?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'd be interested in another long Final Fantasy look, maybe at 8 since that's probably one of the more interesting failures in Square's catologue, a game that isn't AWFUL but has glaring flaws coming after something as massive as 7. It deserves a better look than the Spoony "LOL CLOUD? MORE LIKE EMO GAY!" videos.

I've only played some of the Final Fantasy games but could never really get into them nor did I know what people saw in them...I mean I'm sure the older games may have been fun but the stories seemed...meh.

Also, remember when Spoony used to actually make videos?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Leal posted:

Did you see his little "review" for 9 that the reason he skipped over the game is because "I can't get over how everyone looks like androgynous furries"?

Which he qualified with "Everybody tells me it's great, and I should really play it before passing judgement, but I just cannot get past the art style".

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MonsieurChoc posted:

The prequels are alright, but for some reason some people will get into some isnane rage if you say that. It's like a weird religion where the prequels are THE ENEMY and MUST BE DESTROYED.

They were all right. Which, you know, is a let down compared to the original trilogy, which were amazing, but it's not the loving end of the world. Get over it.

You don't understand, my childhood is something that must be kept alive by being eternally repeated in the popular media in a form acceptable to me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
^---Holy poo poo we get it, the thread's moved past this.

DStecks posted:

Which he qualified with "Everybody tells me it's great, and I should really play it before passing judgement, but I just cannot get past the art style".

It's sort of strange since the art style that he seems to hate only really become apparent in CG cut scenes and there weren't a huge amount as I recall. I guess the portraits as well?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

OldTennisCourt posted:

^---Holy poo poo we get it, the thread's moved past this.

Lol, sorry for committing sacrilege, dude.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mad Lupine posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the best review a new Star Wars movie could possibly get. Now I'm definitely watching it ASAP.

That "I loved it. *stifled, self-conscious smile* It was everything I hoped it would be" was worth more than any 70 minutes star wars review.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
New Best of the worst!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgbPUHfBJA0

Cannon films are best films!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

PassTheRemote posted:

New Best of the worst!

Mvenldea is my favorite villain in a while. :evil: Also, seeing this made me realize how many Cannon films I'd seen as a kid. For a kid who wanted mindless action, they rarely disappointed.

And Chuck Norris can't hold a candle to Charles Bronson!

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Calaveron posted:

That "I loved it. *stifled, self-conscious smile* It was everything I hoped it would be" was worth more than any 70 minutes star wars review.

That literally melted my heart and reassured my opinion of the new movie.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do you think Cannon wanted to trade on the idea of canon in the sense of classic or universally accepted and just hosed it up like they did with every other part of their business?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Do you think Cannon wanted to trade on the idea of canon in the sense of classic or universally accepted and just hosed it up like they did with every other part of their business?

Golam and Globus bought Cannon films in the late 70s early 80s, so I doubt that.

Besides, you say that like Cannon hosed all parts of their business up. They only failed when they tried to make big budget blockbusters. Had they stuck to low budget schlock they'd be in business today and thriving.

Also, they had Lou Ferrigno toss a bear into space. Give them props.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PassTheRemote posted:

New Best of the worst!

Three movies with leads/cast with less emotional range than a Terminator.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
It's Christmas in December, again! It's Movie Nights with Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever! Featuring a very grumpy cat.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vc2skfQW0rY

Ash is just not willing to put in the hard work that goes into becoming famous on the internet. Now why can't you have Lloyd's work ethic, huh? <:mad:>

mreoooow

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I decided to see if Spoony did a Christmas review, since he's done them before.

He seems to have spent several hours tweeting random comic book panels and making bad jokes about Home Alone. So does his Patreon literally just pay him to tweet now?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I was never a big fan of Spoony anyway, his Final Fantasy reviews were really stupid.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

OldMemes posted:

He seems to have spent several hours tweeting random comic book panels and making bad jokes about Home Alone. So does his Patreon literally just pay him to tweet now?

His fans are the worst of the worst. They are enabling him to do nothing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did Lupa give up on us here? Haven't seen her around recently.

And yes Spoony's fans will apparently pay him to do absolutely nothing

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

He's 30.80 dollars away from dropping a patreon fund goal.

Remember when it was around 3~5k or more?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

OldMemes posted:

Augus posted:

I was never a big fan of Spoony anyway, his Final Fantasy reviews were really stupid.

PassTheRemote posted:

His fans are the worst of the worst. They are enabling him to do nothing.

FlamingLiberal posted:

And yes Spoony's fans will apparently pay him to do absolutely nothing

I can't believe I used to support that loving manchild, and now he's at his all-time worst. I really hope he just fucks off for good, all of his credibility went down the drain years ago.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Junior Jr. posted:

I can't believe I used to support that loving manchild, and now he's at his all-time worst. I really hope he just fucks off for good, all of his credibility went down the drain years ago.

He's already basically killed off what little fame he had left, it's basically only die hard fans supporting him at this point. It's going to be a slow death into irrelevancy for him and I doubt putting in the effort to reverse course from even this point in time will stop that from happening anymore.

Kinda sad to see that's how he turned out in the end, it always seemed like he had potential to be bigger than he was.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Asuron posted:

He's already basically killed off what little fame he had left, it's basically only die hard fans supporting him at this point. It's going to be a slow death into irrelevancy for him and I doubt putting in the effort to reverse course from even this point in time will stop that from happening anymore.

Kinda sad to see that's how he turned out in the end, it always seemed like he had potential to be bigger than he was.

It seemed like all he ever did was bitch about Final Fantasy and Ultima and dig up obscure VHS B-movies that little to no-one gives a poo poo about. (okay maybe some MST3K fans out there if they heard about them)

Speaking of Ultima, did that Shroud of the Avatar actually went anywhere? I think it's been long gone now.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
His Ultima series is actually really informative, fun and good. Like the episode sup to Ultima 8 are him chatting about the series and it's really interesting and charming. Yeah ther are some bad jokes, but it's clear he loves the series and it shows.

Ultima 8 was still really good and he clearly went into the issues that game had. 9 is when it went into stupid loving BETRAYAL memes and wasting loads and loads of time.

I've said it before, but the dude just burned himself out on being "I'M SO ANGRY ABOUT MOVIES AND GAMES" and miserable all the time.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Merry CWCmas!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spoony's FF8 review will always be dear to me because he more perfectly articulates everything wrong with that loathesome game than I'd ever be able to, though I disagree with his assessment that FFX is worse. His Ultima and FMV Hell videos were all great as well. But dude has serious problems that last I heard he had no intention on getting help for, it's really no surprise he ended up the way he did. How he still has any sort of fans is kinda baffling.

Also I dunno if it's available to non-patrons yet but Todd put up a new video that is sure to upset a good number of people, maybe even more so than when he apparently made Fall Out Boy fans mad at him.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

If I was a betting man, I would have bet against you ever doing this one, because Sonichu 10 is a natural climax and conclusion.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

If I was a betting man, I would have bet against you ever doing this one, because Sonichu 10 is a natural climax and conclusion.

This is more of an epilogue, Sonichu 10 is the real finale.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Cubey posted:

Also I dunno if it's available to non-patrons yet but Todd put up a new video that is sure to upset a good number of people, maybe even more so than when he apparently made Fall Out Boy fans mad at him.

I wonder how long it'll take YouTube's bots to take it down.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I know I'm being completely petty and a tad obsessive but just a little while longer till I'm vindicated. Spoony banned me from a stream months and months ago when I asked if we could expect another review before the end of the year and we still haven't gotten one :colbert:

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

Cubey posted:

Spoony's FF8 review will always be dear to me because he more perfectly articulates everything wrong with that loathsome game than I'd ever be able to, though I disagree with his assessment that FFX is worse...

I know that Final Fantasy X has problems, but I can't bring myself to hate on that game, if only because it was the first Final Fantasy game I played. Nostalgia, yo.

FF VIII also has problems, but at least it's memorably bad and goes out of its way to be innovative. It might not have succeeded, but I'll take innovation over cynical corporate box-ticking in the vein of Final Fantasy XIII. (See also FF XII, although that game's better than VIII).

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

X had some pretty great gameplay but boy did I not care for those characters or the story.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The best JRPGs were made when I, personally, had the highest level of tolerance for dumb anime plots.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Oh, you actually got the Sonichu amiibos! That's awesome!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ZakAce posted:

I know that Final Fantasy X has problems, but I can't bring myself to hate on that game, if only because it was the first Final Fantasy game I played. Nostalgia, yo.

FF VIII also has problems, but at least it's memorably bad and goes out of its way to be innovative. It might not have succeeded, but I'll take innovation over cynical corporate box-ticking in the vein of Final Fantasy XIII. (See also FF XII, although that game's better than VIII).

FF8 caused me to completely lose interest in JRPGs for over a decade. It remains the only game I've ever played that I'd say I well and truly hated (though Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel was really pushing it). If it weren't for Persona 4, and specifically Giant Bomb playing it, I would have probably continued on not playing any JRPGs made after 8.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I'm just glad Xenoblade Chronicles came along and fully fleshed out FFXII's superior gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xenoblade Chronicles is MMO hotkeys combat.

• Locked thread