Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
We got the same deal and head to Old Haven and hope the girls catch up

Bros before the wimmen and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Krysmphoenix posted:

:psyduck: Why is our nerdy best friend incredibly buff?

Because Vaughn is the best. And since Vaughn is the best, we should definitely trust that buff nerd and we should go see our other friends at Hollow Point.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Vaughan is not presently lying At the time he made the deal, he didn't realize how much fun it was for stuff to try to kill you and he was in a panic, so he made the deal with Vasquez. I want to believe that he wouldn't have gone through with it anyway, but who knows.

Let's go to Old Haven. I don't remember the agreement to meet up there if we got separated, if indeed there was such a thing, and one way or another it's likely to cause problems for us and Fiona. Let's meet up in Old Haven where we don't need to worry about pissing anyone off since the people/critters there will try to kill all of us no matter who we are. And even all four of us hardly compare to Zer0 in terms of destruction/survival skills, so vault hunter or not (Actually, aren't we technically vault hunters now?) is likely to be a moot point.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I dunno, I don't trust Vaughn right now. I mean, yeah, backstabbing is part of the Hyperion corporate culture, but half the reason we connected with him is because he didn't get involved in that. I don't buy it. So I say we go to Hollow Point because at least then we've got two more sets of eyes watching in case he backstabs us. Sure, the girls aren't any more trustworthy, but they don't trust HIM either.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Vaughn is a sweet lil powdered sugar donut w/ ripped as gently caress abs so trust the hell outta him. He would never betray us!!!

Also let's go back to Hollow Point bc I miss the shenanigans of da girls, pls bring their strife back to the group.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Vaughn lied about being ripped, so what else is he lying about? He could also rip Rhys in half with those muscles, so we should go to Hollow Point and get some backup before we confront him about this.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
We can't trust anybody. Also, go to Old Haven.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

(Actually, aren't we technically vault hunters now?)

Yes, but no. The team is literally hunting for a Vault so by definition, yeah. But "Vault Hunter" has a very specific connotation on Pandora and it refers to people with extraordinary talents and skills coming from across the galaxy to Pandora in order to find a Vault. Rhys, Vaughn, Fiona, and Sasha have sort of just fallen into hunting for a Vault out of a lack of options, an unusual opportunity, and mild greed. None of them qualify for what Pandora would consider a real Vault Hunter (see: Zer0 vs Bossanova).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kytrarewn posted:

I don't remember the agreement to meet up there if we got separated, if indeed there was such a thing

So I want to quickly touch on this since earlier someone told me they were confused why Hollow Point was an option. I suppose you could call this an editing error on my part since this was mentioned about a week ago which means it's likely most people have forgotten. When the gang gets into the car to drive away from the moonshots, they discuss what their plan of action should be. Fiona says "We'll go to Hollow Point. They can't track us there." So that's the original plan-- go to Hollow Point. After that, they would have intended to go to Old Haven since that's where the Gortys Project is leading them.

However, we've unfortunately been separated. Now we have the choice. Do we want to go to Old Haven? That's where our ultimate goal is. If the girls aren't headed there now they will be headed there eventually. If we beat them there, we'll get a head start on getting the mysteries of the area solved but the downside is if we run into any trouble we'll have two less people watching our backs. We could instead go to Hollow Point to attempt to meet up with the Pandorans. There's no guarantee we'll catch them in time if they decided to go there at all, but if they have then we can meet up and be one big happy dysfunctional family again.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Rhys wouldn't trust Vaughn after that, but they should probably go to Hollow Point.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
You have to trust abs like those. Also now might be a good time to lay low in Hollow Point

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I'm still disappointed that Mr. Nutscratcher (I forget his name already, the hyperion douche who sounds a lot like Patrick Warburton) never got Vaughn another shirt. Poor fella's gonna get chilly. :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

idiots in steam chat posted:

9:19 PM - Panzer Skank: OH GREAT THIS DICK
9:19 PM - Kaubocks: patrick warburton is my friend
9:20 PM - Panzer Skank: patrick warburton is nobody's friend

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You've gotta admire the craftsmanship; it can't be easy to sound as slimy as Vasquez. He just nails that role.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Trust Vaughn, go to Hollow Point

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Vaughn's been with us through thick and thin. He's our best friend and has been our unsettlingly buff rock in a storm. I think we can Trust Vaughn to not screw us over. As for our destination, Old Haven is, or was, crawling with Crimson Lance. We've got nothing to stand against that. So we have to regroup in Hollow Point.

Also, what's the deal with Hyperion having a new energy-based shotgun? Their deal is exceptional accuracy, not charged shots.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Maybe Vaughn contracted the Psycho disease from wearing that mask, and the abs are the first visible symptom along with the bloodlust. He'll be riding the meat bicycle!!! in no time flat.

Somewhere in the first game it mentions that the prisoners that Atlas had digging up the planet were exposed to something that turned normal convicts into Psychos, Midgets, Goliaths, etc. I don't think it's ever clearly defined what it was.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vicissitude posted:

Also, what's the deal with Hyperion having a new energy-based shotgun? Their deal is exceptional accuracy, not charged shots.

It's a prototype. Maybe they're looking into branching out a bit!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Vicissitude posted:

Maybe that's why it's so crappy!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Vicissitude posted:

Maybe Vasquez didn't get the memo that non-E-tech energy weapons are a no-go on Pandora's surface.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

please, you couldn't get me to use even an e-tech weapon if you tried

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Vaughn is our bro, he would never betray us! and go to Hollow Point and meet up with the ladies. Bros and then hoes?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Vaughn hasn't betrayed us in order to climb up the corporate ladder before this point I don't think he'd do so now. So I still say we Trust Him. Also we should probably go to Hollow Point because Fiona has the other half of the map and we're going to need to keep that safe if we want to become incredibly rich.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I bought this game, then forgot about it until I noticed this thread. Thanks for waking me up, 'cause I finally played it and loved it. I've also played waaaaay too much Borderlands.

But now I can't vote without it being spoilers....

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:justpost:

only instead of post, vote

just don't get into specifics!

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I bought this game back when it was on sale for like, 4 bucks. Shotgunned through the whole thing in one day, and yeah suffice to say it was fantastic. My brother was watching me play, and apparently a lot of the guns in this game are important or rare guns from BL 1 and 2. Anybody with more knowledge on the subject feel like elaborating or pointing stuff out as we see it? I know The Stranger is apparently using the Conference Call, at least, which was apparently really powerful in Borderlands 2? I played a ton of Borderlands 2 with my brother, but I didn't care for the extended grinding as much as my brother did.

Go to Hollow Point because I did the other thing when I played.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Am i in the right place here to ask for all of the cheatengines to make some fun Borderlands 2 coop without all the unfortunate bullshit inherent to the game?

Asking for a friend

No, really

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

HenryEx posted:

Am i in the right place here to ask for all of the cheatengines to make some fun Borderlands 2 coop without all the unfortunate bullshit inherent to the game?

Asking for a friend

No, really

If your "friend" is putting together a co-op party, I may be interested in taking a place. steamcommunity.com/id/EdmondSA
I have the cheatengine profile for BL2, but I don't seem to have the actual cheatengine (the profile in the BL2 thread used an older version of CE, I had it around but can't find it now).

/edit: here's the profile
/edit2: aaaaaand it works with Version 6.2

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 24, 2015

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Anybody with more knowledge on the subject feel like elaborating or pointing stuff out as we see it?

If anyone else wanted to chime in on this over time, I'd be appreciative. I know general gun manufacturers but I'm not so knowledgeable like some people where I can point out specifically what parts each gun is made out of. I know about the Conference Call because that gun is kind of ridic-- it's a shotgun whose pellets split into even more projectiles. I can also say that the body of a rocket launcher in the Loader Bot fight was actually attached backwards. :haw:

For now, I've looked it up and uhhhhhhhh there's a lot:

quote:

Episode 1: Zer0 Sum

- The Stranger is holding a legendary shotgun, the Conference Call, arguably the best gun in the game.
- In the opening sequence, the sniper is holding the legendary Jakobs Skullmasher.
- The nomad bandit that hides behind the port-a-potty door wields a Mashine Gun.
- During the fight, a bandit is duel-wielding two Unkempt Harolds. [Kaubocks Note: HOLY gently caress!!]
- Sasha's gun is a Maliwan SubMalevolent Grace SMG.
- August's pistol is a Jakobs Widow Maker.
- In the chariot race, Zer0 appears to use a Hyperion sniper rifle, Jericho.
- Vaughn uses the Bandit shotgun Oberkil! to shoot the truck-driving bandit.
- Felix uses an Iron Jakobs pistol, possibly the Unforgiven.
- After the race, Rhys picks up a common Tediore shield.

EDIT: ^^ Please Cheat Engine to your heart's content. It's the way Borderlands was meant to be played.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Also, on gun chat, calling it now. The Atlas Silver, or whatever its called, is gonna be a legendary in Borderlands 3. Or a quest reward. Or both.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Atlas is dead as dirt so it'd have to be a quest reward and the only Atlas weapon in the game.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

According to the wiki, Atlas guns were available in Borderlands 1. They were strong, had good ammo capacity, and were named after various mythological creatures, items, and characters. I think having it in Borderlands 3 would be a nice call back to the first game and this one. Even if it is the only one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Atlas themselves were still around in 1, though mostly just as a military force. The end of the game (The Destroyer killing Commandant Steele) was the final nail in the coffin and they became defunct. The General Knoxx DLC was an even final-er nail in the coffin as you go wipe out the rest of the Crimson Lance (Atlas force).

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Atlas is dead as dirt so it'd have to be a quest reward and the only Atlas weapon in the game.

Well Jack's dead too and that clearly hasn't stopped him from being involved :colbert:

As for the various guns, I'm not quite nerdy enough to recognize every different gun mod but for those who aren't super familiar with the Borderlands universe, a quick rundown of the different manufacturers:

:homebrew: Hyperion: Visually, Hyperion guns tend to be complex and futuristic looking. Their primary feature is their patented stabilizers - when you fire a Hyperion gun you not only don't get any recoil, you actually get more accurate. Hyperion guns tend to start out with mediocre accuracy and become more accurate the more you fire so a heavy trigger finger is encouraged. Hyperion weapons are named with corporate buzzwords such as Synergy, Crowd Sourcing, and Actualizer.

:patriot: Dahl: Dahl weapons look military and come in a variety of camo prints. They feature burst fire when zoomed (whether through a scope or just aiming with the ironsights) but the burst fire does have recoil so there's no guarantee you'll hit with all those shots if you're not within spitting distance. Dahl guns are usually named after animals like the Hornet, the Scorpion, and the Bearcat.

:anarchists: Vladof: The requisite Russian manufacturers, da? Vladof guns are often very boring looking, tending towards dull colors and real world designs. That said, they're a lot of fun. Vladof guns trade accuracy for fire rate and nothing goes through a magazine faster than a Vladof. When you need a wall of lead flying towards your enemies, Vladof has your back. Their gun names fall into two camps - Clockwork Orange references and revolutionary terms, like the Guerilla, the Anarchist, the Assassin, etc.

:retrogames: Tediore: Tediore is the Wal-mart of gun manufacturers. They make cheap garbage and they know it. Their guns are compact and look like they're made of brightly colored plastic. And they probably are, because the defining feature of a Tediore gun is that when you reload it, you don't really reload it - you throw it like a grenade and the gun itself explodes and a new copy appears in your hands. The more ammo left in the magazine when you throw it, the more damage it does and this is arguably the best use for a Tediore gun because the guns have absolute poo poo base damage. Tediore guns don't have a unified naming theme because Tediore sucks.

:supaburn: Maliwan: The hipsters of the Borderlands universe, Maliwan weapons like Sasha's SMG have very artsy designs and bright coloration. Maliwan is notable for its focus on elemental damage. While most non-Maliwan guns can randomly roll elemental damage as a trait, all Maliwan weapons have an elemental trait, no exceptions. They also do increased elemental damage so they're good options for enemies that are particularly weak to a particular element. Their weapon names tend to be fancy ten dollar words like Provocateur, Aegis, and Corinthian.

:clint: Jakobs: Jakobs guns are classic looking, often featuring wood stocks and generally looking like they belong on the set of an Old West movie. Fiona's wrist pistol is a Jakobs. Jakobs guns are notable for having low fire rates and dealing massive damage. As Marcus says, if it took more than one bullet, you weren't using a Jakobs. Despite the low fire rate on most of their guns, Jakobs is also a fan favorite due to their pistol lines which allow you to fan the hammer - the guns will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger and they retain that high damage the company is known for. Jakobs gun names tend to sound like they belong in the old west, with such favorites as the Bushwack, the Widow Maker, and the Buffalo.

:torgue: Torgue: Do you like EXPLOSIONS??? Well Torgue is here for you! Torgue guns often feature checkered patterns, usually in black and white or yellow and green. Torgue weapons always fire explosive rounds, and even their rocket launchers are more explosive than other brands. As compensation, they tend to have dick for accuracy and even worse recoil. Torgue weapon names are often sexual innuendo like the Rod, the Pounder, or the Bangstick, but their rocket launcher names are just onomatopoeia for things exploding - the Boom, the Blaaa, and the Duuurp. The company's namesake, Mr. Torgue, is also the actual best.

:downsgun: Bandit/Scav: Not a real gun manufacturer, this refers to guns that the natives of Pandora (and Elpis) have scavenged and put together themselves. They look like poo poo, they do trash damage, they have astoundingly large magazine sizes, and all their names are misspelled and in all lower case - the stret sweper, the acurate smgg, and my personal favorite, the bombabarbardeer.

:rip: S&S Munitions (defunct): Only available in Borderlands 1, S&S was notable for its large clip sizes, which Bandit and Scav guns stole from them in what must have been a very hostile takeover indeed. S&S guns were named after constellations such as the Orion, the Draco, and the Gemini.

:zombie: Atlas (defunct): Ostensibly the Best Guns, Atlas guns had high damage, high fire rates, good recoil reduction, and decent reload times. So why are they defunct if they made such bitching weapons? Well, we're gonna find out later so just hold your horses. Atlas guns are, like their company name, named after mythological figures such as the Cyclops, the Ogre, and the Titan.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 24, 2015

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

CuwiKhons posted:

because Tediore sucks.

iM READY TO FIGHT U TO THE DEATH

Edit: ok your write up of the brands is real real good and I enjoyed it a lot except for this fUCKKIN SLAnDER

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 24, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

TEDIORE IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD, USE A TORGUE LIKE GOD INTENDED

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tediore sucks poo poo -- I complain about them literally every single time we play together jeez

Great breakdown of gun manufacturers, by the way. :golfclap:

I'm a huge, huge fan of Vladof and Hyperion guns personally. While I personally don't care for Torgue guns (that bullet speed is loving atrocious), Mr. Torgue himself knows how to party.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

Tediore sucks poo poo -- I complain about them literally every single time we play together jeez

Great breakdown of gun manufacturers, by the way. :golfclap:

I'm a huge, huge fan of Vladof and Hyperion guns personally. While I personally don't care for Torgue guns (that bullet speed is loving atrocious), Mr. Torgue himself knows how to party.

You're a huge fan of ugly garbage!!! You can't even throw it into people's faces when ur done with it, what's the point ???!!!!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

You're a huge fan of ugly garbage!!!

s'why I hang out with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kaubocks posted:

s'why I hang out with you