Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Gobias Ind. posted:

You don't drop Ivory just because you're not going to start him; he's much morel likely to come back and haunt you if your opponent grabs him. CAP is the better drop.

If I recall correctly he's in an 8 team league, which means both he and his opponent almost certainly have better options to start than Ivory, Ivory's been alternating decent games with 3/4 point ones for 2 months now. The idea of starting him in a championship vs. NE is terrifying. I'd rather start Bilal Powell in any PPR.

CAP is a better drop, I'm just saying Ivory has little value for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Here are my championship start-sit dilemmas. Current choices are in bold but I lack any confidence whatsoever.

Standard:
WR, pick 2: Hurns @ NO, DeSean Jackson @ PHI, Sanders vs CIN.
RB, pick 1: Denard Robinson @ NO, Karlos Williams vs DAL, Lacy @ ARI, Hightower vs JAC, Powell vs NE, Artis-Payne @ ATL.

Half-PPR:
Choose 3: Lamar Miller vs IND, Powell vs NE, Denard Robinson @ NO, Hightower vs JAC, Draughn @ DET, Diggs vs NYG, Starks @ ARI.

Suggestions?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
ESPN reporting OBJ's suspension has been upheld.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

You know the season's been crazy when you have: Eddie Lacy, LeSean McCoy, Odell Beckham Jr. and Andrew Luck all on your bench for the final game of the year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

With OBJ out, does that push Will Tye up above Benjamin Watson (at Jax) as a starting TE?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
OBJ being out means I am flexing Christine Michael in my cash league championship. :stonk:

Also Alshon better play, because if he's out too then I might have to roll out one of Javorius, Lacy, or Ajayi. :barf:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Just took a look at the lineup I am starting in the championship game and there is literally one person from my draft guaranteed to start and that is AB84. I might bench Lamar Miller for Gurley or Cameron Artis-Payne, what in the gently caress? And this is starting Hightower and Karlos Williams already. And to piggyback onto the above poster, Jeffrey better loving play because otherwise I am trotting out Tyler Lockette (Unless Stevie plays). What in the hell is going on this year?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MrSargent posted:

And to piggyback onto the above poster, Jeffrey better loving play because otherwise I am trotting out Tyler Lockette (Unless Stevie plays). What in the hell is going on this year?

A) Lockett is my OBJ replacement already, so quit complaining, it could be worse!

B) I'd start him over Stevie J even if Stevie is healthy.

C) It looks like Doug Baldwin may be hurt. See B) above.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Leperflesh posted:

With OBJ out, does that push Will Tye up above Benjamin Watson (at Jax) as a starting TE?

Tough but I can easily see the Giants putting up a donut with OBJ.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Franks Happy Place posted:

A) Lockett is my OBJ replacement already, so quit complaining, it could be worse!

B) I'd start him over Stevie J even if Stevie is healthy.

Good looking out Franks. I am potentially starting 6 players that I have picked up in the last 3 weeks. Had Brees, Ingram, and Eifert. With Miller and Gurley looking risky this week, I am really reaching.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Are any of these Defenses worth playing instead of the Broncos this week, or should I suck it up and go Denver?
Cardinals (vs GB)
Eagles (vs WAS)
Lions (vs SF)
Raiders (vs SD)
Colts (vs MIA)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Jesus Christ. I guess my starting wideouts are now a hobbled Calvin Johnson and Martavis Bryant. Or Ted Ginn. gently caress me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Baldwin is hurt? gently caress. Also I don't trust Karlos, he's still hurt.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

RBX posted:

Baldwin is hurt? gently caress. Also I don't trust Karlos, he's still hurt.

He was a midweek practice report downgrade, which is usually not a good sign, but it's too early to tell.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Also Ted Ginn is hurt and AP might get rested for the playoffs. God help me if they don't play.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vargo posted:

Are any of these Defenses worth playing instead of the Broncos this week, or should I suck it up and go Denver?
Cardinals (vs GB)
Eagles (vs WAS)
Lions (vs SF)
Raiders (vs SD)
Colts (vs MIA)

Denver is against a backup QB. Though, without Andy Dalton, we don't get a Primetime Andy fuckup special. Stick with Denver, I say.

I've made most of my decisions for the finals, but I'm having some RB woes thanks to JStew sitting out. A few questions (for different leagues, thank christ)

Is Artis-Payne gonna be a better start than Danny Woodhead? (No PPR)
Who out of Bryce Brown, Mike Gillislee, Darren Sproles, or picking up Christine Michael is the best choice? (No PPR)
Also, am I a crazy person to not start Lamar Miller if I have Denard, Bilal, and Charcandrick? (PPR)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

He was a midweek practice report downgrade, which is usually not a good sign, but it's too early to tell.

As someone with no shares of Baldwin and going up against him, yeeessss

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh my God if Baldwin's out too then I'm truly hosed. And I'm even going up against the 4th place team. What a terrible setup for a championship game :smith:

Starting:

Bench:

Anybody I should pick up in desperation (0.5 ppr/6pt TDs)?

edit: the 8th place team got mad and blew his budget taking Artis-Payne and CMike which is why they're not on there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have Wilson and my opponent in the finals has Baldwin.

:yeah:

I also realized I have AB84 and he has Big Ben.

Covariance: leveraged.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Is this getting too cute? I don't want to Sit My Studs, but my "studs" this year have been anything but consistent.

Pick 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex, half PPR:

Bilal Powell vs NE
James White @ NYJ

Lamar Miller vs IND
Danny Woodhead @ OAK
Tim Hightower vs JAC

Deandre Hopkins @ TEN
Demaryius Thomas vs CIN
Allen Hurns @ NO
Kamar Aiken vs PIT

Emmanuel Sanders vs CIN
Rueben Randle @ MIN
Dez Bryant @ BUF

Opponent has Peterson and Ben Watson (both questionable), and just flipped Beckham for Jordan Matthews, Martavis Bryant, and a 1st rounder (dynasty league), so I think I really just need solid floors and not necessarily spectacular ceilings.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hazo posted:

edit: the 8th place team got mad and blew his budget taking Artis-Payne and CMike which is why they're not on there.

How big is your league?!? My league locks out eliminated teams from making transactions in playoff weeks.

Edit:

Need to choose a flex, no PPR

Powell v NE
Draughn @ DET
Kearse v STL
Moncrief @ MIA

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 24, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So my improbable 6-7 8th seed team is in the championship and currently the projections have me winning 180 to 165 lol.

1 PPR with bonus for 40 yard receptionlol

QB: Brady
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Eric Decker
RB: David Johnson
RB: Danny Woodhead
TE: ASJ
WRT: Brandin Cooks
K: Prater
DEF: KC
D: Wagner
D: Stephone Anthony
LB: Shea McClellin
S: HAHA Clinton Dix

BN: Edelman, Michael Floyd, Chris Ivory, Randall Cobb, John Brown, Karlos Williams

If Alshon Glassrey sits, i would probably start Floyd. But i'm scared of Woodhead mostly, he did just put up 4 touchdowns, but gently caress the chargers. Bilal Powell is available, so i could grab and start him.

Also for TE, I can either stay with ASJ or grab Ertz off the FA. Thoughts?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm shocked by how many people have the courage to start CMike in their championship games. I'm definitely too wary of a dud final week performance after he finally Gets His Chance as the ultimate punchline to the running Christine Michael joke that's been going all season long.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Keith Atherton posted:

How big is your league?!? My league locks out eliminated teams from making transactions in playoff weeks.
12 teams. And I misspoke, he's actually in 9th and eliminated. He was the only one to even make waiver bids/claims this week. I guess I could bring it up to the commissioner but it's a pretty chill league so I honestly don't think he expected someone to do that, even if it's technically legal (I know some people in this thread said they've actively tried to spoil the seasons for the winners so I'm not gonna judge-- I probably should have been more assertive with CMike and A-P on my end).

Hazo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 24, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pick 2:

Todd Gurley vs. SEA
Denard Robinson vs. NO (Questionable)
James White vs. NYJ
Shane Draughn vs. DET
Ryan Mathews vs. WAS
Ronnie Hillman vs. CIN
Karlos Williams vs. DAL

Yeah, after Bell and Foster died, and DeMarco basically died, and Gurley has been eh, I've just been pounding that waiver wire. Picked up Karlos & James White this week

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The bigger joke would be all the times we ripped into him for being a football dummy and he balls out for 3 TDs and 130 yards on championship weekend.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

The bigger joke would be all the times we ripped into him for being a football dummy and he balls out for 3 TDs and 130 yards on championship weekend.

I might literally die laughing

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

It would be pretty perfect.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thoughts on my final decisions? In both leagues I'm waffling over TT vs Cousin. Right now, I am splitting the difference so I'm not hosed if Cousins plays like poop. In that league, my opponent has OBJ so I'm not as worried about a dud.

0.5 ppr Keeper league (so that's why my bench is so bad) and defense uses IDP scoring
Thoughts on Broncos or Steelers D/ST? Cousins vs TT?

Redraft, 0.5ppr
I have no clue what to do here. Debating Maclin over Watkins. Possibly Hightower over Lockett. Cousins vs TT?

89 posted:

Pick 2:

Todd Gurley vs. SEA
James White vs. NYJ
Shane Draughn vs. DET
Ryan Mathews vs. WAS
Ronnie Hillman vs. CIN
Karlos Williams vs. DAL

Yeah, after Bell and Foster died, and DeMarco basically died, and Gurley has been eh, I've just been pounding that waiver wire. Picked up Karlos & James White this week

I feel ya. RIP McCoy and Bell (and I was an even bigger idiot for dropping Muscle Hamster in week 2 or so). I'd go with Williams and White.

LmaoTheKid posted:

That would be amazing :allears:

Hazo posted:

12 teams. And I misspoke, he's actually in 9th and eliminated. He was the only one to even make waiver bids/claims this week. I guess I could bring it up to the commissioner but it's a pretty chill league so I honestly don't think he expected someone to do that, even if it's technically legal (I know some people in this thread said they've actively tried to spoil the seasons for the winners so I'm not gonna judge-- I probably should have been more assertive with CMike and A-P on my end).

I always make moves to gently caress playoffs teams when I'm out because gently caress you guys

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hate to keep asking but I still can't decide if I should start Latavius, haha.

.5ppr, which RB would you play if you could only play one?

LMiller vs Ind
Latavius Murray vs SD
Charmander vs Cle

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MacheteZombie posted:

I hate to keep asking but I still can't decide if I should start Latavius, haha.

LMiller vs Ind
Latavius Murray vs SD
Charmander vs Cle

That's tough. I'd go Miller > Murray > Charmander. Charmander would be #1 but I'm worried that Ware is healthy enough to take more snaps.

VietCampo posted:

So my improbable 6-7 8th seed team is in the championship and currently the projections have me winning 180 to 165 lol.

1 PPR with bonus for 40 yard receptionlol

QB: Brady
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Eric Decker
RB: David Johnson
RB: Danny Woodhead
TE: ASJ
WRT: Brandin Cooks
K: Prater
DEF: KCs
D: Wagner
D: Stephone Anthony
LB: Shea McClellin
S: HAHA Clinton Dix

BN: Edelman, Michael Floyd, Chris Ivory, Randall Cobb, John Brown, Karlos Williams

If Alshon Glassrey sits, i would probably start Floyd. But i'm scared of Woodhead mostly, he did just put up 4 touchdowns, but gently caress the chargers. Bilal Powell is available, so i could grab and start him.

Also for TE, I can either stay with ASJ or grab Ertz off the FA. Thoughts?

Williams over Woodhead if you're worried. Williams is really good and will get the bulk of touches. Floyd over Alshon if he sits is a good call.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 24, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

89 posted:

Pick 2:

Todd Gurley vs. SEA
James White vs. NYJ
Shane Draughn vs. DET
Ryan Mathews vs. WAS
Ronnie Hillman vs. CIN
Karlos Williams vs. DAL

White and Karlos

old dog child posted:

Thoughts on my final decisions? In both leagues I'm waffling over TT vs Cousin. Right now, I am splitting the difference so I'm not hosed if Cousins plays like poop. In that league, my opponent has OBJ so I'm not as worried about a dud.

0.5 ppr Keeper league (so that's why my bench is so bad) and defense uses IDP scoring
Thoughts on Broncos or Steelers D/ST? Cousins vs TT?

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/qL0XTIm.png

Redraft, 0.5ppr
I have no clue what to do here. Debating Maclin over Watkins. Possibly Hightower over Lockett. Cousins vs TT?

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/0qEZtwJ.png

Cousins is cool. I like him over Tyrod. He played so-so against the eagles and Dallas defense is better than theirs.

Between Steelers and Broncos it's really a toss up.They will have the same score I bet.

Keep Watkins in over Maclin. I trust him a tiny bit more though both are streaky. Hightower for safety, Lockett for a chance at big numbers.

MacheteZombie posted:

LMiller vs Ind
Latavius Murray vs SD
Charmander vs Cle
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/wir42QX.png

Ok, my rule is don't play dolpins players so that's one down.

Latavius got good numbers last time they played.

Check Ware's status this week and if they say good things start Latavius. If not start Charmander. Or start Latavius if you want a safe 11+ points without risk.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Mike Gillisee (sp?) has played well last few weeks as Mccoys backup, I'm worried it may be a straight 50/50 committee.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

Spoeank posted:

:shopkeeper:

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I really hope that CMike gets either ignored on the wire and/or stashed without sniffing anyone's lineup and then puts up like 150 yards and 3 scores during championship week.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

CMike or Gio in standard?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I need someone to tell me this head vs gut debate I'm having is dumb. 2 week championship game in money league

PPR format, 1pt per 10 yards rush/receive.

Should I be thinking of switching out Freeman vs CAR or Cobb vs Ari for Powell vs NE

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Chronicles posted:

CMike or Gio in standard?

Gio for sure, especially with Eifert and Red Rocket out. Gonna be a check down festival.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RVProfootballer posted:

As someone with no shares of Baldwin and going up against him, yeeessss

Dick Wolf
Apr 5, 2009
I'm in the playoffs in a 10 team, standard scoring league w/ 3wr, 2br and no flex. I'm not sure who to start as a 2nd rb. Latavius murray gets the start at rb 1. 2nd options are Christine michael, javorius allen, Cameron artis-payne, and frank gore. Hate to start gore, but with the match up it seems best. Yes, I have great wr's and a great qb which is how I made it to the championship. Any advice is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Am I nuts for wanting to start Buffalo vs Kellen Moore over Denver or Carolina's D?

• Locked thread