Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman

trem_two posted:

Until he fell. The King of all. Dead. Gone, forever. No Lazarus resurrection. Hang your heads in shame. Hang them. And one more thing...look at your hands. Put them under the sink. Run the tap, scrub. It's not coming off, Jose's blood stays. Look in the mirror. You did it.

It's the darkest day, the blackest hour but the end has been quite prepared for. There's no need to fear it- for the other side has light.

I hope you can bare with the reflection. If not, I'll happily hand you some rope.

devastating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

gg, please rename me to "more thicker"

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Completely loving mental lol Chelsea

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What happened to Swansea that they're so bad this season

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

wrong thread

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

triple sulk posted:

What happened to Swansea that they're so bad this season

As my pap always used to say 'when you gary monk, you marry gunk.'

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
The defences in the Bundesliga are about as secure as Jose Mourinho's future. Jerome Boateng, a City reject, is a starter at Bayern Munich and, in a side who spent less than Aston Villa and Newcastle in the summer transfer window, the pressure and scrutiny on Hernandez at the BayArena is minimal.
Leverkusen are sixth in the Bundesliga, one of the most uncompetitive leagues on the continent, and 19 points behind Bayern Munich.
Hernandez has plenty of time to control a ball.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

The defences in the Bundesliga are about as secure as Jose Mourinho's future. Jerome Boateng, a City reject, is a starter at Bayern Munich and, in a side who spent less than Aston Villa and Newcastle in the summer transfer window, the pressure and scrutiny on Hernandez at the BayArena is minimal.
Leverkusen are sixth in the Bundesliga, one of the most uncompetitive leagues on the continent, and 19 points behind Bayern Munich.
Hernandez has plenty of time to control a ball.
this checks out...

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Don't be prized if Special won comes to Fulham, my contacts tell me Fulham in attractive to him coz he can still live in his house, he is Untd with his son at the club. Riggs will be out and Jose is bringing back crab wilkins in his staff. Holland don't want to come with jose but don't be surprised to see Drogba sign in january transfer window! Terry could be coming at the end of the season unless gus is willing to lets him go now.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Wazzerphuk posted:

Don't be prized if Special won comes to Fulham, my contacts tell me Fulham in attractive to him coz he can still live in his house, he is Untd with his son at the club. Riggs will be out and Jose is bringing back crab wilkins in his staff. Holland don't want to come with jose but don't be surprised to see Drogba sign in january transfer window! Terry could be coming at the end of the season unless gus is willing to lets him go now.

lmao

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Guys I hear Jose will pitch up at Millwall because a) he can still live in his house and b) like mourinho, "no ones likes" millwall, but they "don't care"

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Channeling podolski, I like it

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

lmao

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Ridic

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Guys I hear Jose will pitch up at Millwall because a) he can still live in his house and b) like mourinho, "no ones likes" millwall, but they "don't care"
he will

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The Oz pic is most definitely in the wrong thread.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

wrong thread lol

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
They say 'You couldn’t script it'. Well clearly you can. You can script anything. Someone scripted Eddie Murphy in a fat suit a hundred times, and Tim Roth as a noble Sepp Blatter.

But I digress. This Premier League season has played out as though penned by Billy Shakespeare himself. A plot so full of twists and machinations. An ensemble of players created with a Machiavellian zeal.

For years now, the EPL has been Cats on Broadway. Popular with the tourists but jaded. The same players with the same songs. You appreciated the craft but where was the heart?

Suddenly, this is Richard III at The Globe, in front of a baying assemblage of boozy 18th century vagabonds. Edgy, different, shocking.

The main players have suffered the pitfalls. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Jose Mourinho. The Chelsea tyrant, so powerful, so omnipresent, betrayed by his men. And finally felled by a ghost from the past. A vanquished opponent, who’s return has surprised and delighted in equal measure.

Claudio Ranieri was presumed defeated many years ago. Exiled, seemingly never to return. A tinkerman rejected. But presume nothing in this English season.

But do not expect The Special One to exit stage left. In the wings, in the shadows, he is plotting a return. His redemption.

His eye is drawn north, to the bombastic and blunt Louis van Gaal. His iron like grip loosened after recent blows. Hours? Days? Weeks? Who knows, but it appears that this particular script is written.

The game’s main player, destined for centre stage at the Theatre of Dreams.

Across town, Manuel Pellegrini wrestles with the fluctuating fortunes in the Sky Blue City. Over his shoulder, looming larger with each passing day, a nobleman from Catalonia. The pressure is being applied. Soon we may reunite the arch rivals from Act III in Madrid. Jose and Pep. Together once more?

In the North London barracks, however, it is plain sailing. The nobleman of Highbury presides over his men with elegance and poise. They appear strongest of all. Ready to regain what, they believe, is their rightful place at the head of the monarchy. But the fickle hand of fate is always lurking around the corner.

Upon the Mersey, the smiling German prince has encountered rough waters. The smile now a frown. The laugh, wonderfully maniacal at it’s best, replaced by a scowl and a bark. Furrowed brow, teeth clenched. The challenge is mighty viewed from The Kop.

Elsewhere, there is a growing band of waifs and serfs. Of the common man believing it is their time.

Emboldened by belief, and circumstance. The scent of revolution drifting into the nostrils. The ruling class is weakened. Too pre-occupied with internal squabbles to notice the Roundheads on the rise, marching to a bright new dawn.

So who can grasp the nettle? Claim the prize in this the most dramatic of seasons.

For this writer hope flourishes in two of Shakespeare’s finest moments. The Rebel Henry Pearce, in a single exclamation “Cry God for Harry, England and St George”.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

To say that Özil knows how to pass would be a gross simplification of his game. It's more like his passes force his teammates into a shooting opportunity. It's like he's a time-traveler who peeks into the future, comes back into the present to join us mere mortals, and then passes to the absolute optimal spot for a teammate to be in before the teammate even decides to make their run.

(In direct contrast was Ramsey who seemed to be playing as if he were being controlled by a FIFA player on a laggy connection.)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao wrong thread

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Checks out, the First Order actually started in a Munich beer hall

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MOU
MOU
MOU
MOU
MOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
A Retard fan will always say LVG out cos he doest not understand the legacy which Man.U have built over 100 years ago...Manchester United have a tradition and principles and Mourinho isnt in that class..how wld you feel if De Gea needed an urgent medical attention but wasnt treated cos Mourinho insisted they should play on,at the end De Gea slums and dies?,how wld you feel if talented players in our academy wld nevr have the opportunity to grow if we hired Mourinho and his philosophy?our wrong decision today will continue to hunt us till the end of time,there is life after football.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

trem_two posted:

how wld you feel if De Gea needed an urgent medical attention but wasnt treated cos Mourinho insisted they should play on,at the end De Gea slums and dies?

Hahahahaaaa

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Still B.A.E posted:

Hahahahaaaa

pls keep LVG so De Gea dont slum and die

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
9/11 nevr forgt

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

PirateBob posted:

pls keep LVG so De Gea dont slum and die

Im pretty sure de gea is already slumming it

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

european football

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
NYCFC faithful met up at Stout NYC on 33rd for a pre-game, we had photo ops where we set off a few smoke bombs and chants going which got a bunch of positive reception from tourists who knew what Soccer Culture entails, and strange looks from others who had no idea what we were doing. We then marched over to the PATH train to go to New Jersey to watch NYCFC play the Red Bulls, however the conductor of the train refused to let us depart as we were being "too loud". They called in the Transit Police and National Guard to remove us from the train, letting us board an empty one when it arrived a half an hour later.

Next game, we're working with PATH to get us our own train with access straight to Harrison, so we don't have to worry about this again, but being there for the first one was a one-in-a-lifetime experience.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

MLS should be allowed in Copa Libertadores. I'd give anything to see those dudes take the away trip to Argentina or Uruguay.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ciprian Maricon posted:

MLS should be allowed in Copa Libertadores. I'd give anything to see those dudes take the away trip to Argentina or Uruguay.

lol they wouldn't come back

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/megkillilea/status/680796611618811904

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

JFairfax posted:

I don't see how this is possibly a bad thing.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
As of late I have lost a lot of interest in the Premier League lately and converted to the Bundesliga and noticed a fine difference in the quality of matches. Bundesliga being better - that is. People/Fans are loving the unpredictability in matches, I am finding it rather... Rubbish. For humour reasons, people love unpredictability in matches, but I've grown out of that now.

I'm far more interesting in the /game\ rather than the /result\ now. People seem to have gathered assumptions far too easily in games, from tactics to mistakes. Overall league standards are apparently the 'correct' reflection of a team's performance that season, as well.

I've always dreamt of Wenger lifting the title again, but if he does win the Premier League this season - it won't be how I imagined it. I've imagined him dominating the league again, but this year's BPL winners may lose 8-10 games, which is appalling. Do not get me wrong, it will be fantastic to see him lift the title one (or two) more time(s), just not what I wanted.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

JFairfax posted:

They wouldn't go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014