Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Non-Autism Section

After this sale, and trust me, whaling is amazing and fun especially with you all. I usually can't stop laughing when the sale hits talking to you all, but if you're new, you don't have to go loving crazy to purchase stuff.

Stark's Stash gives you 75 crystals daily for 30 days for only $3.99. That's the most you should ever spend on this game.

Mr. Netmarbu~ himself gives you 25 crystals daily per daily missions, 100+ from Timeline Missions per week and 400 crystals on login for the month.

Let's say you are regular ol person and you get 100 crystals a week from Timeline:

400 total for logins
400 total for Timeline Battle
750 total for daily missions for 30 days
50 total estimate for Mr Netmarbu~ being nice and sending stuff

That is a grand total of 1600 crystals you get free every month for spending $0. That's pretty drat generous.

I haven't spent a red penny on this game and I've got every character, everyone who isn't a recently released Spider at 3+ stars, and a handful of 5*s. I believe that if I was going in on a handful of characters and not full communism in spreading love to my whole roster, I'd have a 6*.

Add in that this game vomits energy on you and you'll never pine for playtime. I don't touch my free recharge most days because I don't burn what I have; poo poo if this game made me actually play all the missions instead of auto-running them I'd have quit a long time ago because I'm old and poo poo.

So don't feel obligated to crowbar open your purses and :homebrew: your way into homelessness. Let the whales prop up the Korean economy and us take advantage of their foolishness generosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This game has nothing on my MH expenses. If icr is going to match his mh he is going to be VIP 11 I swear.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OH yeah, it's no joke. That game has gifting too and it always felt awesome to gift a new player stuff and all that. Im a pretty big Marvel fan too so the IP will take me to this stuff. MODOK is God.

Anywho, XP EVENT in 10 mins :ducksiren:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

OH yeah, it's no joke. That game has gifting too and it always felt awesome to gift a new player stuff and all that. Im a pretty big Marvel fan too so the IP will take me to this stuff. MODOK is God.

Anywho, XP EVENT in 10 mins :ducksiren:

Ah Yeah time to hit dailies and a unlimited Groot level.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Marble Heroes is the only F2P game I've spent more than $10 on. I feel this is a testament to how letting F2P players have fun makes them more likely to stay and buy some stuff than grueling "you will never be as good as the whales, you can have a premium hero after you've loving earned it" F2P games.

Speaking of, probably going to get the Stark deal and 5 bux worth of crystals next time I deposit, game is fun :toot:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone know which would be better for the gears a flat stat or a %? I rolled both trying to see which was better but neither seems to be the best.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know which would be better for the gears a flat stat or a %? I rolled both trying to see which was better but neither seems to be the best.

1st slot can be % after it should be flat stat. Check the google doc I posted earlier to Sun God.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

1st slot can be % after it should be flat stat. Check the google doc I posted earlier to Sun God.

Yeah I was looking at that. I'm just not sure if rolling % on all the slots would be worth it or not. I didn't see a huge boost when rolling a flat stat vs a % on a level 60 character.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I was looking at that. I'm just not sure if rolling % on all the slots would be worth it or not. I didn't see a huge boost when rolling a flat stat vs a % on a level 60 character.

The higher tier slots (the ones unlocked at +3/6/9/whatever) have higher ranges which eclipse % based ones, which is why only your first slot should be %

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

the percentage is literally a percentage of your level, so 50% of level for physical attack on a level 60 character is 30 attack.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I see it now. I found this which explains it too.

quote:

The general logic is % on the first slot, number on the rest.
Let's look at attack. Say you roll 50% by level, that means that you're looking at +20 at level 40, up to +25 at level 50. That's better than the first stat up number, but less than any others. At 45-50, percent for the second one might edge-out a flat number, but only if you can get a high percentage. If the rumors of a level cap increase come true, then at higher levels, second slot will likely be better as +% at over 50.
For defense, it's the same. The big difference, however, is that you can't get All Defense as a percentage.
For HP, I just glanced at a piece of gear with some HP mods. I've got 172% in the first slot, so that's +77.4 HP at level 45, my second slot is +110 HP. So the same applies here.

Guess I'll be redoing some stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I see it now. I found this which explains it too.

Yeah this is one of the many things that really isn't explained well. Crowd Control and Recovery Rate are not what you think they are either.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

This is what I do to everyone that doesn't have a crit-based passive or some other specific reason not to do this:

gear 1 - percentage attack / flat / flat / flat / flat
gear 2 - all defense x 5
gear 3 - hp % or flat hp / flat hp / flat hp / flat hp / flat hp
gear 4 - def penetration x 5

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

What does defense penetration do?

Also wow what does crowd control do then?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sakeyake posted:

This is what I do to everyone that doesn't have a crit-based passive or some other specific reason not to do this:

gear 1 - percentage attack / flat / flat / flat / flat
gear 2 - all defense x 5
gear 3 - hp % or flat hp / flat hp / flat hp / flat hp / flat hp
gear 4 - def penetration x 5

From what I've read you want dodge instead of HP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah this is one of the many things that really isn't explained well. Crowd Control and Recovery Rate are not what you think they are either.

Wait what does recovery rate do? I was using it on my warwolf to boost his self heal.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Wait what does recovery rate do? I was using it on my warwolf to boost his self heal.

http://i.imgur.com/tF8ObV4.png
I'm guessing recovery rate works with his self heal, so you guessed right!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

http://i.imgur.com/tF8ObV4.png
I'm guessing recovery rate works with his self heal, so you guessed right!

Oh wow, I thought it was some sort of useless out-of-combat regen. Now I really want to get some on my War Wolf!

Are there any caps on attack speed and skill cooldown? Does attack speed affect skills as well, or just basics? I really wish all the proc abilities didn't have a 10-20 second cooldown; before I saw that I was heavily considering an HP/speed War Wolf.

Just to get any more surprises out of the way: Move Speed is for sure a useless stat, right?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Vip level 15 is blue whale status right? So what vip level is killer whale? I think you need to come up with a chart that tells us what vip level is what whale icr.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Vip level 15 is blue whale status right? So what vip level is killer whale? I think you need to come up with a chart that tells us what vip level is what whale icr.

Killer Whale VIP is where you travel to korea and pay them to work on the game.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I clearly need to reroll drat near everyone.
No skill cooldowns for people like Nico?

Also how is sif?
Friendly reminder get your 5 star and 6 star tickets tonight!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

You become this horrendous beast. Surpassing the majestic Killer whales, Sperm Whales, and Blue Whales.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

You become this horrendous beast. Surpassing the majestic Killer whales, Sperm Whales, and Blue Whales.

that looks like bismark from ffxiv

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think it's simple really. At $5,000, you are officially a whale. You start to hit a more full-grown form at VIP7 as a Popcorn Shrimp, where you actually finally belong in the ocean and aren't at the very bottom of the food chain. Minnow is 8 because you're finally getting enough to get your sea legs on and can swim around for once and the greatest sea creature of all is VIP10, the Tilapia.

Remember, it's once you do something actually worth a poo poo in your life (VIP13, kukuuuu KYUUUU KUKUKUKU) that you finally become the whale.

Vip15 you ask? Hehe...it's something Outta this world

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You become a living embodiment of greed.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

become a Cosmic Whale today

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Haha Hootington.

Ok whomever verifies they are at VIP10 gets this as their avatar I don't even care.

This is a thing of beauty that rivals any Da Vinci.

Behold, the cosmic whale!

ICR fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 24, 2015

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Here is a Free2Play parasite in it's natural habitat. :nms:

:nms:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Ugh I missed a bunch whats the sale that everyone's whaling on about now?

Also in the hero chests can you get ANYONE? And what if it's someone you already have?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lmao this games chat

God the mobile app sucks for linking photos

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Also in the hero chests can you get ANYONE? And what if it's someone you already have?

The daily free hero chests will only ever give 1* heroes, and that pool is limited- anyone who unlocks at 2* or 3* won't show up in that box. When you draw a duplicate there, you get a selector for the type.
The other hero boxes can contain anyone. If it's someone you have, you just get an equivalent amount of biometrics to the star pull for that hero.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

^^: HAHAHAHHAHAAHAH. It beats CoC General chat. CoC has some of the worst poo poo I've ever read in general.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Ugh I missed a bunch whats the sale that everyone's whaling on about now?

The 6* ticket. It's happening again in one hour. We will all (and literally, I mean all) be on to get this ticket. The 5* is even tremendous value at 950 crystals.

Every day at 11am/pm est is the Christmas flash sale. They are awesome.

In the hero chest you can kinda like Hogama said above. You get bios if you already own them. 8 for a 1*.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Whelp I might be hitting popcorn shrimp tonight. For the love of all that is holy no one post that hurtful chart again!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: 50 more minutes! So excite! :ducksiren:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Drythe posted:

Lmao this games chat

God the mobile app sucks for linking photos

9th grade and 11 I call bull poo poo. Also don't tell bobfrommarketing about this game.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I have spent my money this round, when the bonuses come in I'll hopefully have a 6 star team of Nico, Loki and Silk.

EDIT: No more whaling until the new year.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
As a new player should I use the free 3* hero selectors on stuff I like, or is there some meta? Versus other phone games the OP and other resources read like there are tiers but they aren't super importat. Like say I want to get Spider Gwen or Silk upgraded, would I be better served getting more heroes or using a selector to get more biometrics? Or is that a thing I can even do? I'm on my phone right now or else I could probably find this out faster.

So far this game is a billion times better than CoC and those garbage turn based phone things.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

^^: HAHAHAHHAHAAHAH. It beats CoC General chat. CoC has some of the worst poo poo I've ever read in general.

The 6* ticket. It's happening again in one hour. We will all (and literally, I mean all) be on to get this ticket. The 5* is even tremendous value at 950 crystals.

Every day at 11am/pm est is the Christmas flash sale. They are awesome.

In the hero chest you can kinda like Hogama said above. You get bios if you already own them. 8 for a 1*.

OK so grab that 6* at 11? Guess that's the one that's up for Spermaceti Tokens?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Giant Lucky Box's don't have Biometrics in them do they?

And I love how people put low level characters in the first space in their team boxes, but then have high level characters in the wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Zodack posted:

As a new player should I use the free 3* hero selectors on stuff I like, or is there some meta? Versus other phone games the OP and other resources read like there are tiers but they aren't super importat. Like say I want to get Spider Gwen or Silk upgraded, would I be better served getting more heroes or using a selector to get more biometrics? Or is that a thing I can even do? I'm on my phone right now or else I could probably find this out faster.

So far this game is a billion times better than CoC and those garbage turn based phone things.

Pick out a main team and work on them. Until you get to 60/6 star/6 mastery on a main team do not shift focus. It is about that sweet, sweet free crystal in PVP. It doesn't take much to pull in 180-200 a week.

With extra energy try and unlock other heroes for that timeline bonus.

• Locked thread