Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Is there some reason why the Functional Weapon Racks' mod author hid the mod? The description says "UPDATING TO V0.2.0!!!!" but does that mean 0.1.9 has some issue I should be aware of or is it just them being weird?

EDIT: True Storms did the same thing, so I guess it's so they can upload and edit pages without people downloading the old version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Magmarashi posted:

REJOICE ye Unwashed Goones, the First Edition of CBBE for Fallout 4 is here and barbie-doll plastic as ever!

:nws:http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/:nws:

EDIT: \/\/\/ poo poo! Sorry, edited for tags

:sigh: great. Can't wait for every in-depth clothing model edit and animation replacer that comes out in the future to require it to work just like with NV.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Syndlig posted:

Is there some reason why the Functional Weapon Racks' mod author hid the mod? The description says "UPDATING TO V0.2.0!!!!" but does that mean 0.1.9 has some issue I should be aware of or is it just them being weird?

EDIT: True Storms did the same thing, so I guess it's so they can upload and edit pages without people downloading the old version.

I remember reading the notes on it a few days ago and he said it was having conflicts with OCDecorator and a few other common mods- so maybe he's working to resolve them?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Magmarashi posted:

REJOICE ye Unwashed Goones, the First Edition of CBBE for Fallout 4 is here and barbie-doll plastic as ever!

I like nude mods, but this looks terrible. The idea of highly customizable meshes is great. But why the terrible smooth texture? My guess is hentai.

Lover slab is a great forum for a laugh. There is a thread where lonely nerds share their oedipal complex milf meshes. It's like Wierd Science became a reality.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I've always liked LL, simply because all their weird stuff spins off useful stuff like skeletons(to rig meshes to...) with practically every bone, or hair physics.
Also, LL tends to work on male meshes in parallel to female ones. I'm waiting for ones without huge boners tho', there are a couple of wip's that have way better feet and hands, nicer muscles generally, better curves, while being practically the same dimensions as the bethbody.

Magmarashi posted:

:P

staberind posted:

~
also, Caliente and the gang have a beta of bodyslide up on loverslab already, however, as expected, conformulating clothes meshes to work with them are still W.i.P.

Essentially, if you dont like the textures they use, you can always edit them with gimp, however, it seems the latest edition of the gamebryo engine uses speculars and normals a little differently, so, unless you know what you are doing (there is a guide on the nexus for editing), your skin may turn out weirder than before

I hope roberts & unp and suchlike are supported, but I'm impressed they released so early.

Oh, also, if anyone else has used "Any mod, Any Weapon" please share your crackpot devices.

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 24, 2015

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Since they have baseball bases already in as junk you can collect, I'm wondering if anyone's turned any of their settlements in to a baseball field. I guess Starlight Drive-In would probably be the best location for it?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

LumberingTroll posted:

I really hate that there are multiple mods that do the same things but there isn't one that incorporates all of them.

SSEx
Homemaker
Snap and Build Greenhouse
NX Pro Farming
Alternate Settlements
Expanded Settlement Buildings

Why cant they all just be in a single package, the only one that eve adds new assets is Alternate Settlements. For the life of me I cant get them to all be installed and play nice together.

Ego, mainly.

The only thing really preventing people from working together to create something awesome is that no single person will get all the credit and MY VISION etc.

Project Nevada etc was a huge collaborative project between different people and it shows because they're very, very well made (certainly professional quality, especially if you take the low standards of Bethesda as professional)

If they all teamed up to make a single, unified project that completely rehauled the settlement system they would be the number 1 top spot on the Nexus from now until perpetuity, I guarantee it.

Syndlig posted:

Probably to make things easier. They can properly flag the old version as the old version, update the description etc and you don't get a situation where people are potentially downloading conflicting versions etc.

It's the best compromise there is, sadly.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 24, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The HDT physics extension mods were due to Lovers Lab, which is pretty cool, but also tit physics ~

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

jred250 posted:

I'm really curious on this point because I'm curious to see how you can implement more than 4 options in dialogue. In the past Bethesda games, you could have a bigass list of dialogue options for any NPC, but how do you weave in new options without overwriting existing options? To even tackle the issue, you would have to have another mod that allowed for a different layout and more selectable options, but now this theoretical mod is going to be a minimum requirement for any mod that adds new dialogue options for existing NPCs. What a loving mess you made for modders to sort out, Bethesda.
Well, I was talking more simply just adding NPCs or quest that include more dialogue interactions. Not having more than four options.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

Which mod manager are you using? If its Mod Organizer then it uses its own ini files, and you would need to run the config app through it, which it cant currently do unless its a 64bit exe.

I was just using Nexus Mod Manager

It worked fine on my old computer, but I have this new build and I can't get it to do anything. Thinking of uninstalling FO4 & Nexus Mod Manager entirely and trying again

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I can't wait for some dope clothing mods to require barbie plastic anime titty mod

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

jesus christ Jamaica plains is so disappointing. such a small portion of the town to build in, and the one house is boarded up. Christ. is there a mod that unlocks this yes/makes it not lovely? town is full of prime scrap and it's all just literally beyond the green wall :(

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

albany academy posted:

jesus christ Jamaica plains is so disappointing. such a small portion of the town to build in, and the one house is boarded up. Christ. is there a mod that unlocks this yes/makes it not lovely? town is full of prime scrap and it's all just literally beyond the green wall :(

Jamacia plains is without doubt one of the worst settlements but I hate to break it to you, while there are mods that will allow you to remove that stupid boarded up house and mods that will expand the build area both of them cause the cell reset bug .

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Is the cell-reset issue something modders will be able to get around once F4CK is available?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Also, does anyone know if this Diamond City Radio extended playlist mod is any good/safe? I don't know why but for some reason I'm nervous about installing it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/637/

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Is the cell-reset issue something modders will be able to get around once F4CK is available?

I hope so, I assume its actually a bug not something intended and if bethesda doesnt make the geck able to get around the issue it will SEVERELY limit modding.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the horse problem was solved when the skyrim creation kit came about and considering that the power armor is literally a reshaped skyrim's horse I don't see why it won't be fixed with the f4ck

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the horse problem was solved when the skyrim creation kit came about and considering that the power armor is literally a reshaped skyrim's horse I don't see why it won't be fixed with the f4ck

Does that mean we'll never be able to ride horses in Fallout :(

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I just had the image of a horse popping open and then closing around the player like a suit of power armor.

I don't know if this is hilarious or horrifying.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

RaspberryCommie posted:

I just had the image of a horse popping open and then closing around the player like a suit of power armor.

I like to pretend that the institute gorillas are their version of power armor.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I wanna be a cyborg gorilla like in the Goon. Or punch a cyborg gorilla because my character looks like the Goon.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

RaspberryCommie posted:

Just don't take your horse to the Glowing Sea.

:unsmigghh:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Also, does anyone know if this Diamond City Radio extended playlist mod is any good/safe? I don't know why but for some reason I'm nervous about installing it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/637/

I downloaded that and Elvani's track pack since he worked enough to actually keep Travis' intros to songs. Of course that also means his track pack is much bigger since he also has all the original songs in there spliced with those intros. Haven't played much since downloading them but they do work.

Saw some people complaining about volume and other bugs and one of them does have an optional download that apparently maybe potentially solves it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Adding the old skill numbers back would probably be really hard to do over the existing system. Almost everything about the perks would have to be changed.

Why not just move Skills onto the 1-5 point track that the Perk system uses? That way, you could silo off all the lame +20% DAMAGE perks and make room for new, interesting perks like Old World Gourmet that makes prewar food useful by removing rads and adding cheap, quick stat-ups and throws in a whole bunch of recipes that are effectively non-addictive chems.

Nuka-Cola + Sugar Bombs = Sugar Rush, which provides a shorter and non-addictive Jet trip.

3 Chewing Gum = Cold Turkey, removes all addictions.

Salisbury Steak, Instamash, and Blamco Mac'n'Cheese = Rib Sticker, +50 Carry Weight.

And so on...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Honestly I kind of like that skills aren't present anymore, at least for some things like guns. It's kind of ridiculous how gun damage in earlier fallout games is moderated by a skill; the same pistol firing the same ammunition somehow does more damage in the hands of the PC than in the hands of a random raider?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Honestly I kind of like that skills aren't present anymore, at least for some things like guns. It's kind of ridiculous how gun damage in earlier fallout games is moderated by a skill; the same pistol firing the same ammunition somehow does more damage in the hands of the PC than in the hands of a random raider?

That's still the case though, just now they're perks instead of skills

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

I really hate that there are multiple mods that do the same things but there isn't one that incorporates all of them.

SSEx
Homemaker
Snap and Build Greenhouse
NX Pro Farming
Alternate Settlements
Expanded Settlement Buildings

Why cant they all just be in a single package, the only one that eve adds new assets is Alternate Settlements. For the life of me I cant get them to all be installed and play nice together.

This is going to be a huge mess once the GECK comes out. People are going to want to do absolutely everything with settlements/building, and they're going to be spread out across tons of different mods that will inevitably all be incompatible. It might still be better than having monolithic feature creep mods though (armorsmith extended is approaching that point).

dissss posted:

That's still the case though, just now they're perks instead of skills

Right. If it bothers you because of a matter of realism or whatever then the problem is still there. Personally it annoys me more from a game design perspective. I like being able to occasionally use weapons I'm not built for, where it will just be more awkward to use them rather than them being flat out unable to kill anything. Maybe give each weapon a minimum requirement in a skill (Guns, Energy, Heavy, etc) and if you don't meet that skill then you either can't use the weapon or it suffers heavy accuracy, recoil and reload speed penalties.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Right. If it bothers you because of a matter of realism or whatever then the problem is still there. Personally it annoys me more from a game design perspective. I like being able to occasionally use weapons I'm not built for, where it will just be more awkward to use them rather than them being flat out unable to kill anything. Maybe give each weapon a minimum requirement in a skill (Guns, Energy, Heavy, etc) and if you don't meet that skill then you either can't use the weapon or it suffers heavy accuracy, recoil and reload speed penalties.
Personally, it bothers me because I don't want to feel obligated waste Perk points in boring poo poo like Commando or Rifleman just to make a Southie Raider take less than a full clip of .50 cal to the face to lay down. I want cool goofy stuff like Pain Train, Ghoulish, ect, not 'Hacks Things/Do Damage/Talk Good/Not Have lovely Settlement Restrictions.'

Hell, I'd rather have Skyrim's 'Use [Skill] to level your proficiency' runaround than the perk system in place.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The old skill+perk system was nice because it was simply a deal of having one pool (skills) of boring but necessary making numbers bigger and then another pool that you could dedicate all your points into cool interesting stuff. Now it's all the same so you end up having to debate between being able to overcome bulletsponge enemies versus picking up cool poo poo. Hell, I actually ended up putting points into most of the weapon damage perks just so I could get some actual variety in what guns I was using.

edit: perks are also less interesting because now you have ranks so you get even more of spending points to get bigger numbers whoopee

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Just don't take your horse to the Glowing Sea.

:unsmigghh:

Always dug this dude's artstyle. Just reminded me there are no centaurs or other hosed up mutants in FO4. Maybe a mod will add more Thing-like monsters to be terrified of.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
looks like art from dead space

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I just got this game as a birthday gift the other day and I installed a few mods without knowing anything about things being notably buggy. Any specific mods I should watch out for? Any of these I should disable before I get too far along?

cloneboy
May 7, 2014

Amstrad posted:

Homemaker lets you do this now as well. Then again I remember this one having some other nice stuff (like a composting system) if you're really interested in farming.

Composting is my fetish.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

flatluigi posted:

I just got this game as a birthday gift the other day and I installed a few mods without knowing anything about things being notably buggy. Any specific mods I should watch out for? Any of these I should disable before I get too far along?

Nothing stands out, you might want to look into Homemaker or SSex as well for crazy settlement building.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Skills were clunky and terrible even back in FO1 and 2, but they made more sense there because everything was turn based and you could pretty trivially get an idea of how much was enough. Screwing around at chargen for an hour and dumping everything into unarmed, for example, gave you a good idea of what was going on with it. Utility skills like Speech and Science were slightly different and harder to get a handle on, but it was made somewhat better by the fact that these skills ranged from nice conveniences to completely and utterly pointless. Ranges with guns were easy to judge and the entire thing was pretty straightforward.

None of that is true in the FPS modern incarnations. Utility skills range from very comfortable bonuses to absolutely crucial and are even harder to get a handle on than before without foreknowledge of the game's challenges. Gunfighting skills are practically impossible to understand due to how VATS judges how much of someone's body is 'covered'. Melee skills were colossally pointless because of how much damage you take just getting into melee in a real-time setup; melee only makes sense as a backup plan or alternate, not as a primary mode of combat. Skills were always a dorky kid at the hip joint, but with FO3 and New Vegas the dorky kid was also morbidly obese. Good goddamn riddance to skills.

I don't pretend that the new perk system is ideal or perfect, but it's a huge amount better. In FO4 I do not need to meticulously plan every fiddly skill to do the things I need to do. I can just glance at the perk chart for the thing I want to do, do some trivial arithmetic, and realize it's 2, 5, 7, or whatever levels before I can do it and I absolutely do not need to worry about making my character unplayable in the meantime.

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
I saw an interesting idea in this mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4879/

Instead of level requirements, higher ranks of perks are tied to attributes instead. I'm sure it's not balanced at all, but there's potential in that idea. There's definitely ways they could have done a skill-less system without every character coming out too bland. As it is, most of the higher level perks are underwhelming so there's not much reason to specialize.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That mod sounds interesting but it has almost no specifics of what it actually does beyond a super broad description.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Ha, I thought I found a trick. You can use the console to select the green boundaries (have to be looking down them) and use console commands (or that one hotkey mod) to move it. I was like Wow I can make settlements bigger! But doing this doesn't actually let you build things where you couldn't before.

bummer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, the green boundary lines themselves don't actually define anything, they're just physical objects that represent where the boundary line is. There are a couple places where you can get objects to poke out of the boundaries because the buildable area is sliiightly bigger, but the actual size of the area is all handled internally. I am looking forward to the first mods that make it so you can build wherever you want, as well as the myriad of things that will break horribly when you do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
^I will cover the sky with floor tiles and block out the sun except for Sanctuary. The jack up the rents.

• Locked thread