Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Guigui posted:

REAL women of Canada - are they lead by king REOL or something? They sound like a group that makes very bad DOOM .wad maps.

If Lowtax commanded us to unleash the guestbook goatse goons on RWOC, would we answer his call? Or would this be opening up a pandora's box once more...

REAL stands for "Realistic, Equal, Active, for Life".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

THC posted:

REAL stands for "Realistic, Equal, Active, for Life".

Is this group Pro-life as well? :allears:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Violet_Sky posted:

Is this group Pro-life as well? :allears:

For fetuses, probably yes. For actual people, I'm guessing not, like most similar groups.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PT6A posted:

For fetuses, probably yes. For actual people, I'm guessing not, like most similar groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa39PUng9to

Somehow still hilariously relevant.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
poo poo that reminds me. Today, outside the new Liberal Bar on Sparks (Ain't tell you fucks what it is, but it does have some nice beer specials) there was an abortion protestor holding a sign that says, among other anti-choice bullshit, that Justin Trudeau is a serial killer. Didn't point out that Justin doesn't preform the abortions, so at best he's an accessory to murder, but I feel logic and sanity isn't that dude's strong point.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 23, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want to be a pro abortion protester.
Did you mean an anti-abortion protester? Or an abortion protester that's a total pro at protesting abortion?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Gah. I meant a pro-life. I'll fix that

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
drat D&D, I thought only those big evil Conservatives engaged in vote bribery and third party corruption.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/trudeau-gives-big-labour-a-pass

lol.

CI? THC? Any liberal apologists want to step up and stutter out a ad homin defense for your boy Trudeau's backpedaling? Over/under on how many election promises are broken in the January sitting?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Hal_2005 posted:

drat D&D, I thought only those big evil Conservatives engaged in vote bribery and third party corruption.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/trudeau-gives-big-labour-a-pass

lol.

CI? THC? Any liberal apologists want to step up and stutter out a ad homin defense for your boy Trudeau's backpedaling? Over/under on how many election promises are broken in the January sitting?

I really don't get what the big deal is about this. Unions report their finances to their membership already and to my knowledge have been doing so for quite some time. Would you care to comment on what your take on the linked article is? I ask, though I can't help but notice the article you linked is written very specifically in opposition of Trudeau's policy and appears to put quotes around things he may not have actually said?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Hey, since you're back, do you feel like addressing any of the bill 6 rebuttals?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Baronjutter posted:

I want to be a pro abortion protester.
Did you mean an anti-abortion protester? Or an abortion protester that's a total pro at protesting abortion?

I'm staying amateur so I can protest abortion at the Olympics.

It's the Outrage Olympics.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I like how Hal is so in touch with this thread that when he needs to think of liberal Trudeau apologists all he can come up with is CI and THC.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The debt bubble megathread is horrible and depressing. Things aren't that bad, are they? :ohdear:

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Hal you aren't very good at this, please tender your resignation.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Meat Recital posted:

The debt bubble megathread is horrible and depressing. Things aren't that bad, are they? :ohdear:

Probably worse, way worse tbqh, since that thread only has public media data to work with.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Rime posted:

Probably worse, way worse tbqh, since that thread only has public media data to work with.

In short as a guy in Edmonton, my next six-eight months is booked as: Finish certification->Visit Consulate->Check on status as US citizen due to father's US birth->some loving magic and job poo poo-> GTFO of dodge.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

Things are very, very bad and if that is the impression you are getting from the debt thread then it's doing its job.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Reason number 263 why Alberta is better than Ontario: service hours don't apply to airports! Makes these early morning flights tolerable.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

Reason number 263 why Alberta is better than Ontario: service hours don't apply to airports! Makes these early morning flights tolerable.

Huh? I've totally gotten a drink at 7am at a bar at Pearson.

Reason 344 why the rest of Canada is better than Alberta: we don't have giant inferiority complexes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Huh? I've totally gotten a drink at 7am at a bar at Pearson.

Reason 344 why the rest of Canada is better than Alberta: we don't have giant inferiority complexes.

Really? Last time I was there they wouldn't serve a drink until 10AM anywhere. Did this change recently or something?

Also, I didn't say that Alberta is better than the rest of Canada, just Ontario.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

Really? Last time I was there they wouldn't serve a drink until 10AM anywhere. Did this change recently or something?

Also, I didn't say that Alberta is better than the rest of Canada, just Ontario.

I caught a 9am flight to Jamaica in October and the bars were open and serving drinks. Maybe it's just in the international terminal actually, I never fly domestic.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I caught a 9am flight to Jamaica in October and the bars were open and serving drinks. Maybe it's just in the international terminal actually, I never fly domestic.

This was a few years back, but international as well. We arrived on the red-eye from Calgary with zero sleep, so a beverage would've been much appreciated.

Just landed in Edmonton. I can take Ubers here because their city council is less full of utter morons!

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

PT6A posted:

This was a few years back, but international as well. We arrived on the red-eye from Calgary with zero sleep, so a beverage would've been much appreciated.

Just landed in Edmonton. I can take Ubers here because their city council is less full of utter morons!

Come visit me before I fly out you oval office.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Liberal math

quote:

10K Syrian refugees may not be 'on Canadian soil' by year's end: McCallum

As of Dec. 21, 1,869 refugees had landed with three more flights scheduled to land between today and Dec. 31, including a flight that will depart on Christmas Day and arrive in Canada on Boxing Day.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Ikantski posted:

Liberal math
It was stupid of them to promise to bring in 25K people between the election and the end of the year. But they are literally bringing in refugees by the plane load, if behind schedule. And that's so far ahead of the previous government that I can't really fault them on execution too much.

...I have a feeling I'm gonna be repeating that last sentence a lot in the coming year.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Albino Squirrel posted:

And that's so far ahead of the previous government that I can't really fault them on execution too much.

...I have a feeling I'm gonna be repeating that last sentence a lot in the coming year.

The first thing the Liberals executed on was borrowing the previous government's tactic of taking credit for private sponsorships?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Playstation 4 posted:

Come visit me before I fly out you oval office.

I'm busy til 3 and my flight out leaves at 6:30, which doesn't leave much time for dilly-dally, but it might still be possible. Are you flying out today?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

eXXon posted:

I like how Hal is so in touch with this thread that when he needs to think of liberal Trudeau apologists all he can come up with is CI and THC.

Maybe :thejoke:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

infernal machines posted:

Hey, since you're back, do you feel like addressing any of the bill 6 rebuttals?

Interesting discussion on this week's Spark about political social media bots.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a coherent reply.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

GBS Crossposting:

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

the problem is that almost every downtrodden, destroyed member of society is also aboriginal. some estimates give as much as 96% of the homeless population being Native American. 96 loving Percent. it doesn't mean that every aboriginal has completely fallen apart, but it does mean that most people who completely fall apart are aboriginal. it's terrible and all white people can think to do is throw money at the problem. then when it doesn't work we want to stop throwing money at it, and then we get in trouble cause now we're not doing anything.

meanwhile rape and abuse and drug use and prostitution and basically every bad thing on the planet is off-the-loving-charts on Reservations, and the government can't intervene because it's all unreported. or the RCMP shows up and no one says a word to them about anything.

I lived on a reserve with the Anishinaabe people for 3 months and it's basically a like living in a Mad Max dystopia but without the cars. There are bands of roving dogs, families living in condemned housing, water spewing from public mains for days on end. You go into someone's house at 11 am and the mom, dad, and children are all piss-faced drunk and sitting around in diapers. Every loving one of them. What the gently caress dad. How'd your pants get all torn up? Oh one of the roaming packs of dogs attacked you in town. Neat. Hey maybe put down the meth pipe for 5 minutes while you breastfeed your daughter. So why wasn't your kid in school today? Oh it's because she was working the loving streets to buy some cigs (though that usually means they just traded her to the neighbour. there were only like 6 real streets that could be considered part of the town and no actual prostitutes worked there).

i've been all over ontario doing that job and nothing, absolutely nothing compares to living on a native american reserve. it's not even the 3rd world. it's worse than that. it's hell. it's like if hell had even more of a child rape problem somehow, and even Satan went "wtf guys stop it" but the collective decided that No, They Won't Stop It and their cocks became harder and filled the vaginas and butt holes of every 6 year old in a 10k radius. and then 10 years from now when those 6 year olds have kids, they got to experience first the joy of birth, and then the joy of raping a toddler of your very own.

good luck getting out of that. gently caress.

:stare:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, it's GBS.

Anyway in not really political news at all, holy poo poo it's 15 degrees right now in Ottawa, on December 24th. I cannot wrap my mind around this. Truly a festivus miracle.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

I mean, it's GBS.

Anyway in not really political news at all, holy poo poo it's 15 degrees right now in Ottawa, on December 24th. I cannot wrap my mind around this. Truly a festivus miracle.

Climate change is pretty political imo.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Our weather report for today is that there's a 60% chance of rain followed by a 60% chance of flurries, with a chance for a thunderstorm this morning, and we're under a wind warning for 90 km/h gusts.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on this winter.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

AegisP posted:

Our weather report for today is that there's a 60% chance of rain followed by a 60% chance of flurries, with a chance for a thunderstorm this morning, and we're under a wind warning for 90 km/h gusts.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on this winter.

Due to the Bay of Fundy, we don't normally get any lasting snow till January anyway. But then it hits and we're trapped for a day. If it stays this warm for much longer, we're probably gunna see a ton of blizzards over here this year.

Send help.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Every year I do a rain dance for the 24th so I don't have to go on the God drat family Christmas walk.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Merry Christmas ya bunch of dumb, opinionated, Canadian fucks. Please remember to read more books and be better people in the new year, except you CI. Don't stop believing, and don't stop posting.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
CI is a better person than most Canadians

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The people who unironically think CI is a bad person/poster known nothing about Canada.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

CI is the voice inside all Canadians that we're too polite to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

vyelkin posted:

The people who unironically think CI is a bad person/poster known nothing about Canada.

He's a bad person, but a good poster and combined with this:

El Scotch posted:

CI is the voice inside all Canadians that we're too polite to say.

makes him this thread's, and Canada's, Donald Trump.