Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Xenaero posted:

went from wavering between smfc and global to le in a single game vs a double digit hour smurf

That match was p. brutal.

Edit: 265 265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pookum posted:

idk you dont even need a mousepad if you have a laser optical mouse like the Logitech MX518 Laser Optical Gaming Mouse ©
I use an Anker Gaming mouse I bought because it matched my fan/keyboard LEDs. I'm getting a Rival Fade as a Christmas gift to myself though, so that will be neato.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Smurfing used to be totally absurd. When I was a lowly mg before the great vac wave like every second game you'd get like five rounds in to being smashed or smashing and realize that at least two of the guys on the other team or on yours if the smurfs were in your favor had like a grand total of ten hours played between them. Some of that was there was just a bunch of cheating going on but a lot of it was people who don't know the game/on bad computers fighting the 2000 hour tryhard agsint the bads brigade.

The experience point rank system is obnoxious but it absolutely cut down the size of the "my main is a global lol" contingent.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Only the most committed smurfs manage to end up in the low novas since it's actually really loving boring and time consuming to deliberately de-rank. There are legitimately tons of smurfs around the LE ranks though to the point where the games are just totally random. If a person is wrecking LE games and they have less than 100 hours on CS:GO and don't have significant hours on like 1.6 or something, then as far as I'm concerned that person is smurfing. I don't mind playing against people who are stronger than me (that's the only way to improve) but when the person is clearly extremely far above your skill level and going full HAM on you, you don't learn anything and it's just a poo poo game. Honestly, anyone who is struggling with those ranks should just move straight to third party services because MM at that point is completely worthless in comparison.

qhat fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 24, 2015

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

qhat posted:

Only the most committed smurfs manage to end up in the low novas since it's actually really loving boring and time consuming to deliberately de-rank.

Apogee and I made it all the way to Silver 1. You need two friends when you get to the low silvers, as most players will try oo kick everyone else as often as possible.

I think Apogee went from LE to S1, then back to LE on on account, lol.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
if u can get to le, u should be able to come up with just enough good plays to win against a smurf, using the power of teamwork. no excuses m8s

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
The good thing about smurfing is you can have 1 account that you try real hard on and 1 account where you use deagle only or other similar restrictions. Sometimes you wanna gently caress around and sometimes you wanna play a little more srsly

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

I have one account for playing sober and one for playing drunk.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I know a guy who threw from LEM/SMFC to silver 1 because he's insane. He also threw from ~3500 to 1 in DotA.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Elysiume posted:

He also threw from ~3500 to 1 in DotA.

wtf

I didn't realise it was possible to wield just a single MMR.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

real dilemma posted:

this size seems pretty excessive, the qck+ is plenty

qck+ is the size im looking for, and its $15 vs $40 from a similar size from logitech, so lol

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
People are very upset I'm MGE at <70hrs?? I don't know much about the ranking system. I played a ton of 1.3-1.6 and the game feels really familiar after a 10 year break.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

tminz posted:

People are very upset I'm MGE at <70hrs?? I don't know much about the ranking system. I played a ton of 1.3-1.6 and the game feels really familiar after a 10 year break.

water under the bridge mate, just don't worry about them

or maybe you wanted an ego post. you're so amazing bro :3: :keke: welcome to the thread

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.
So I got up to MG2 then rapidly fell back into GN2. I know I need to work on a lot of mechanics, but I'm getting pretty sick of solo queuing. Hit me up for some games!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dear_Foghorn

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Started playing again after not playing for about two months.

DMG before, game just put me back into GN3.

What the fuuuuuuck

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Today was a good day.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ISUCHARESLOLO posted:

So I got up to MG2 then rapidly fell back into GN2. I know I need to work on a lot of mechanics, but I'm getting pretty sick of solo queuing. Hit me up for some games!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dear_Foghorn

sterster, berandom, ixhilton and I have a pretty regular thing going around 10 cst, so feel free to join us (we're really bad). ingame name is slurps.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kazinsal posted:

What the fuuuuuuck
Ranks were skewed. It was something like there were more global elites than silvers 1, 2, and 3 put together. Nobody's MMR changed, they just changed how the ranks are actually displayed (as far as I know). Most people lost 2-3 ranks, dunno why you lost so many.

e: The %s of each rank were from polling off of active games, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that active playtime is to some degree correlated with rank, meaning that this would somewhat skew the results in favor of higher ranks regardless of the actual distribution. That said, the distribution was so skewed that I doubt it could be fully explained by higher ranks having more playtime (and thus being more likely to be sampled). I haven't seen any official distributions, and the third party ones are the next best available thing.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 24, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Yeah I went from DMG to MG2, which I suppose is fine.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Kazinsal posted:

What the fuuuuuuck

You lost a few extra ranks to decay as well.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Sounds about right. I spent about a month and a half away from MM thanks to school. Was DMG before I took a break, immediately began play against MG1/nova 4 ish. When I got my rank back it was Nova 4. I definitely feel like the games I'm in now are a joke compared to the DMG games I was in before, so I bet there was some decay also.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Fifflaren just out-toxiced everyone on DaZeD's stream holy poo poo. Dude's been in NA too long.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

canoshiz posted:

Fifflaren just out-toxiced everyone on DaZeD's stream holy poo poo. Dude's been in NA too long.

What happened? I thought he was supposed to be one of the more relaxed guys?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

LochNessMonster posted:

What happened? I thought he was supposed to be one of the more relaxed guys?

Mostly just him thoroughly owning steel actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBd17yRWTEI

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Had a really fun sub.io game on Season last night, took the liberty to upload one of the rounds here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyssI-R0Zzo

No idea how I got away with grabbing the bomb! Have a merry CS christmas.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Icept posted:

Had a really fun sub.io game on Season last night, took the liberty to upload one of the rounds here:

... And people wonder why I yell so much about using their God drat ears.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Are there any EU goons playing around MG1 to MGE? I got two friends I play with regularly but we're always two short of a full stack.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Katana Gomai posted:

Are there any EU goons playing around MG1 to MGE? I got two friends I play with regularly but we're always two short of a full stack.

Yeah, I float around the AK-based ranks and am on most evenings. I'm from the UK.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/xp67/

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Icept posted:

holy poo poo. I was wondering how you got that bomb without anyone noticing, well played.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Icept posted:

I aspire to be this good at mapsense. holy crap.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Icept posted:

I called the B lurk. When you have two guys watching bomb and neither is watching the bomb, poo poo like this is gonna happen.

Plus that nade at the end.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wish there was a bunch of goons who are OK with loving around and generally being bad at the game that I could play with.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

I wish there was a bunch of goons who are OK with loving around and generally being bad at the game that I could play with.

Famethrowa posted:

sterster, berandom, ixhilton and I have a pretty regular thing going around 10 cst, so feel free to join us (we're really bad). ingame name is slurps.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa/

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 24, 2015

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

:csgo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=optrHmPnXUY

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

purple text guy is my spirit animal

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
After getting a team full of the most emo kids ever and then a team of old men who thing gay jokes is the height of comedy, I've decided I'm going to derank back down to Silver 1 and back up to the MGs for fun.

:suicide:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Just play glock/p200 or some other lovely gun only. It will give you good practice which you can then apply to eco rounds once you reach your original rank.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
As long as you know that you are owned i dont see what the issue is

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Famethrowa posted:

ixt and slurps are chill people and you should play with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

HiipFire posted:

ixt and slurps are chill people and you should play with them

Does this mean me and BeRandom are not chill? gently caress I thought I was super chill.

• Locked thread