Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I wonder if there are any other mangaka who streams their work like Murata does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Compendium posted:

I wonder if there are any other mangaka who streams their work like Murata does.

I have no idea, but I'd think that most publications wouldn't want mangaka spoiling works before release?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He never shows too much, does background or dialogue on stream as far as I've seen so he may get the okay in regards to what he can show himself doing for each particular stream.

It always looks so, so effortless though. It's amazing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

CubeTheory posted:

I have no idea, but I'd think that most publications wouldn't want mangaka spoiling works before release?

Oh, good point. Didn't even think of that.

Although if they were drawing a chapter/volume cover that may not be as much of an issue, but I guess they're held to something in their contracts that make that moot. Still, I love how Murata shows his process because I love his mastery over inks. Just goddamn. The other person who's on his level is Kaoru Mori of Otoyomemonogatari fame because both of them dedicate an insane amount of detail to their drawings (although Mori more so because she's basing stuff on historical fact).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the person who does Bride's Tale also streams I believe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OPM 87, raw.
http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEEA1w?manga=onepanman

He was drawing things between these two on stream yesterday that weren't in this. edit: there are some additions to chapter 86

e:
Cliff notes for this chapter:

- MB's sister is called Zenko
- MB stops before hitting Garou because he had promised to never use violence in front of her
- Garou thinks he'd have been defeated if Metal Bat had followed through with his attack.
- Garou is going to go hunt down Watchdog-man instead.
- The Monster Association say Garou will be useful.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 24, 2015

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Just to reiterate: Metal Bat is awesome and everything surrounding him is awesome. That was an excellent fight and just did every character a great service. MB's little sis is a badass.

quote:

Garou is going to go hunt down Watchdog-man instead.

I will fight anyone and everyone who isn't delighted at the chance to see this. Of all the Heroes he's the one I really struggle to picture in a serious, dramatic fight scene (serious insofar as this series can get anyway.)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also worth noting that Chapter 86 got updated with more panels.

http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfED5TM?manga=onepanman

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
They took out the page where Metal Bat pushed Garou in front of the manhole cover? I thought that it was weird that he somehow managed to shove him in front of it when it was already flying past his head, but that's a lot of work to throw away.

edit: its three pages they took out

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 24, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broseph Brostar posted:

They took out the page where Metal Bat pushed Garou in front of the manhole cover? I thought that it was weird that he somehow managed to shove him in front of it when it was already flying past his head, but that's a lot of work to throw away.

edit: its three pages they took out

The manhole cover ricocheted off various objects (building, lamp post, etc.) and Metal Bat shoved Garou to where the manhole cover would ricochet off to next.

I'm bummed that I took it out, but I think it might have to do with people getting confused? I had no idea until the thread posters here pointed it out to me - I also initially thought Metal Bat had somehow managed to shove Garou incredibly quickly.

Still, the added pages are pretty good too.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Popo posted:

Of all the Heroes he's the one I really struggle to picture in a serious, dramatic fight scene (serious insofar as this series can get anyway.)

The manga just managed to finish up a fairly long and very serious fight. It did have moments of humor, but it's no less serious than basically any other straight action shonen's fights.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Murata retconned my post about the manhole cover ricochet. I should be honored.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I like how everybody in this thread was arguing about who Metal Bat's sister would be and it turns out we were all correct.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Didn't the first blu-ray of the anime come out yesterday in Japan? I wonder when we'll start getting comparisons.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

she's got deliquent eyes!

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Little sis owns.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
It was fairly obvious, but Murata confirmed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PO9wI1K5Y

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

JamMasterJim posted:

It was fairly obvious, but Murata confirmed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PO9wI1K5Y

He's right, she's the best.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
What's with her chin?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

What's with her chin?

Medical Mask

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not sure if I get it but I'm so glad that there's a new face to swap onto other people's bodies.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not sure if I get it but I'm so glad that there's a new face to swap onto other people's bodies.

??? years from now...

"Big brother, we're going out."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

??? years from now...

"Big brother, we're going out."

It was either that or I thought they were making a Yu Yu Hakusho joke for some reason.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
nice new chapter

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OPM 87
http://imgur.com/a/Cfspj

Translated by someone on /a/ with a trip, but no name to go with.
"Bat Onii-Chan" is a typo as stated by Murata on twitter. She's actually saying "baddo onii-chan" or "Bad big brother". So she's scolding him for fighting.

Rumours of a regular schedule having been set, though I've seen nothing to substantiate that.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 25, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You posted the link to a single page, not a gallery.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ah, poo poo. Noted and fixed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thinking about looking at Eyeshield 21. Would you recommend it? Anything I should look out for, like it getting really good 25 updates in or something?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Thinking about looking at Eyeshield 21. Would you recommend it? Anything I should look out for, like it getting really good 25 updates in or something?

DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME.
The manga is magnificent(at least until vol 31 for me).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Good: The art (obviously), the manly burning spirit.
Bad: The racism, the plot.

But hey, it is a cubic fuckton of Murata art so why wouldn't you read it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Good: The art (obviously), the manly burning spirit.
Bad: The racism, the plot.

But hey, it is a cubic fuckton of Murata art so why wouldn't you read it?

Someone elucidate.

Is it like, Pri-Pri Prisoner bad or worse?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

RareAcumen posted:

Someone elucidate.

Is it like, Pri-Pri Prisoner bad or worse?

Something something black people, something something special muscles. :sigh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Something something black people, something something special muscles. :sigh:

Oh right, their natural athleticism gotcha.

Well that could've been much worse, I'm uncringing as I type this. :)

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Oh right, their natural athleticism gotcha.

Well that could've been much worse, I'm uncringing as I type this. :)

You'll cringe back up when you read it.

It's made more bearable by the fact that the story arc in question is filled with decent enough dudes--but it does end with the primary antagonistic character making peace with the fact that, as a white person, he'll never be a true athlete.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Writer attempting to write about touchy social issues in another country does so hamhandedly, causing offense.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL9JgMt4okM

Haha, turns out I got serieses mixed up.

Opinion on Madofuki Park? :) Probably gonna still look at both of them eventually though.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 25, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Garou is the best villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I like how Garou in the end is a big softie.