Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I have the most recent version (5.1) of SkyUI installed, which is supposed to revamp the crafting menus, but I get the plain and bad menus. Is something wrong?

If it helps, I also have Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, but I don't it's the one causing problems.

EDIT: Disabled WAFR, I still got the bad vanilla crafting menus.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 24, 2015

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I have the most recent version (5.1) of SkyUI installed, which is supposed to revamp the crafting menus, but I get the plain and bad menus. Is something wrong?

If it helps, I also have Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, but I don't it's the one causing problems.

You'll need to install skse as well for skyui to function.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mr.Grit posted:

You'll need to install skse as well for skyui to function.

Should've mentioned I have SKSE as well.

The SkyUI menus for magic, inventory, bartering, favorites, etc. work fine. :iiam:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Doesn't SkyUI let you toggle which menus you want to use in the MCM? What does it say there?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

scamtank posted:

Doesn't SkyUI let you toggle which menus you want to use in the MCM? What does it say there?

There's an SWF Version Check thing under Advanced, I don't that lets me toggle menus.

The weird thing is, despite having 5.1 installed, it thinks I have 4.1 in game.

Maybe manually installing it rather than through MO might help.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i just spent four hours grabbing every mod included in the skyrim mod combiner (i maxed out at 2k resolution, 4k textures feel like overkill) and im ready to find out i did something wrong and have the game instantly crash

... after this spends the next ten years compiling the textures together

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

SkyUI update: There was an unmanaged version of it that I used during my brief usage of NMM, manually removed the BSA and .esp in the Data folder, and 5.1 works fine.

Hello awesome new crafting menus! :wave:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So what would a 'First time' playthrough mod list look like now?
Assuming I'm reasonably competent with modding and am not super into needing to eat/sleep/piss to not die in video games.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

i just spent four hours grabbing every mod included in the skyrim mod combiner (i maxed out at 2k resolution, 4k textures feel like overkill) and im ready to find out i did something wrong and have the game instantly crash

... after this spends the next ten years compiling the textures together

yup it crashes the instant i go outside :suicide: it's definitely something in the smc mod because it's fine when i disable it. sure is gonna be fun troubleshooting this one!!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Assuming I'm reasonably competent with modding and am not super into needing to eat/sleep/piss to not die in video games.

Mine would go something like:

- SKSE
- SkyUI
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod
- A Better World Map With Roads
- USLEEP (the newish combined version of the unofficial Skyrim/expansion patches)
- Even Better Quest Objectives
- Brawl Bugs Patch
- Better Dialogue Controls
- Better Message Controls
- Khajit Speak
- Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
- Weapon & Armor Fixes Remade
- Clothing & Clutter Fixes
- Immersive Armors
- Immersive Weapons
- Aetherium Armor and Weapons Collection
- Konahrik's Accoutrements
- Aquisitive Soul Gems Multithreaded
- Apocalypse Spell Package
- Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package
- Extensible Follower Framework
- Immersive Patrols
- Inconsequential NPCs
- Guard Dialogue Overhaul
- PerMA (if you're willing to run patchers every time you install mods, and if you get it also get a mod that adds actual effects to the perk fluff descriptions), SPERG, or one of the other gameplay improvement mods
- Better Vampires or Vampiric Thirst
- Moonlight Tales
- The Choice is Yours
- The Paarthurnax Dilemma
- Thieves Guild Requirements
- Run For Your Lives
- When Vampires Attack
- Wet and Cold
- Aethernautics
- The Lost Wonders of Mzark
- Moonpath to Elsweyr and one of the MtE typo fix mods
- Wyrmstooth
- Falskaar, IF you can get compatibility patches for every other major mod you use
- ASIS
- SUM
- all the compatibility patches for all of the above (I've had a lot of luck with PerMA, the patcher is a hassle but makes a lot of compatibility stuff with it breeze where other overhaul mods would have more trouble)

This would give you a nice smattering of more items/spells/NPCs, a more lively world (NPCs run away from dragons/vampires, guards know your status, different factions fight each other on patrols, etc), NPCs that use your new spells/items/whatever from other mods, a civil war storyline that actually works, some annoyance fixes (like the Thieves Guild quest automatically happening even if you've never done anything thiefy), and a couple of big new adventure areas that feel like they fit into the base game except for lack of voicing.

If you're willing to deal with a hilarious but sometimes pretty entertaining range of quality in voiced NPCs, also add Interesting NPCs. Some of the stuff they add is B-movie terrible, but there's also a bunch of neat little side quests and some followers with amusing environmentally-triggered lines ("Draugr fight in groups because they're too old and weak to face me alone", for example).

Also, make sure to use ModOrganizer so you don't have to deal with file overwriting or manual esp ordering.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
That post is great, thanks. :3:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish there was a good playable skeleton or mutant falmer mod. I want to be a hosed up monster, but the skeleton mod I found has the forearm bones all clipping through the hands.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

FirstPersonShitter posted:

i wish there was a good playable skeleton or mutant falmer mod. I want to be a hosed up monster, but the skeleton mod I found has the forearm bones all clipping through the hands.

Did you try out either of these?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67041/
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61077/

I don't know if they have the clipping issue; I haven't tried them myself, but I have tried out the creator's playable flame atronach mod and that worked okay.

And they're not Falmer, but they do have a playable goblin mod, too.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63669/

If you check out the mod author's page they have a bunch of others, letting you play as spriggans, draugurs, etc.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

Did you try out either of these?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67041/
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61077/

I don't know if they have the clipping issue; I haven't tried them myself, but I have tried out the creator's playable flame atronach mod and that worked okay.

And they're not Falmer, but they do have a playable goblin mod, too.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63669/

If you check out the mod author's page they have a bunch of others, letting you play as spriggans, draugurs, etc.

It's a christmas miracle! thank you!

it does have the forearm clipping issue, but these skeletons can wear gloves so it covers it up. The other mod I found they couldn't wear armour at all.

they call me skeletony, they hate me cause i'm bony

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Frostfall is brilliant and compulsory IMO.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
Is there any mod for Skyrim that works along the lines of OOO for Oblivion? OOO really made Oblivion for me.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
255 mods installed. Only had to disable one duplicate esm to stop the game from crashing. What up, who's the luckiest motherfucker most skilled modder ever? This guy. :smug:

I just wanted to share this momentous occasion. I'll let you guys know when my game eventually crashes so hard it erases my computer from history.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I thought skyrim hardlocked if you went over 140 or something.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Elliotw2 posted:

The hard limit of mods for Skyrim is 255.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You might be thinking of New Vegas, which indeed does have that issue.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I came to share this issue i had that i thought was funny, but i fixed it:

so instead i will share with you the huge amount of fun i have had being the draugrborn, finally answering the question of 'what if the dragonborn was born hundreds of years too early and died'.

also the first person hands have some sick-nasty fingernails

MY IMMERSHUN feels a little harmed that people arent just always attacking and chasing me around, but also that would stop me doing any quests or having any fun so I'm kind of glad they have accepted me as their hero.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

dijon du jour posted:

255 mods installed. Only had to disable one duplicate esm to stop the game from crashing. What up, who's the luckiest motherfucker most skilled modder ever? This guy. :smug:

I just wanted to share this momentous occasion. I'll let you guys know when my game eventually crashes so hard it erases my computer from history.

The mod combiner guy just released a standalone version that's way better and easier than the TES5Edit script. I just rolled like 100 tiny mods into NPC.esp, Weather.esp and Misc.esp. You can go deeper.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Looks pretty cool. Combine that with the Conjure Dragon Priest mod, and we might be going somewhere.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Well I've been playing for a while and recently upgraded my adept robes to some expert robes and now I look look like piss. I really liked the look of the lower tier robes compared to the higher level ones which look more like some casual t-shirt with some extra bits draped on.

Are there any good robes mods that make the default robes look better?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Opulent Outfits is what I use, it's pretty good.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm looking to make a character kind of focused on using unarmed claw attacks with alchemy poisons and am looking for recommendations. Would like to find a nice mod to be able to use the claw attack animations with non-beast races/vampires. Specifically looking for one to allow me to poison unarmed attacks also, hence looking for claw animations. Found a number of odd unarmed mods but though I'd come here to ask for any specific recommendations. A lot of them look kind of half-assed or not very compatible with things like other perk overhaul mods.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The page for the plugins merger mentions tabs for settings and configurations, but I'm not seeing them. It just takes me straight to the loadorder. I just extracted everything into a new folder and set it to launch through Mod Organizer. DISREGARD THIS I FIGURED IT OUT

FirstPersonShitter posted:

so instead i will share with you the huge amount of fun i have had being the draugrborn, finally answering the question of 'what if the dragonborn was born hundreds of years too early and died'.

also the first person hands have some sick-nasty fingernails

MY IMMERSHUN feels a little harmed that people arent just always attacking and chasing me around, but also that would stop me doing any quests or having any fun so I'm kind of glad they have accepted me as their hero.

Do the other Draugr consider you a traitor?

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 28, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The page for the plugins merger mentions tabs for settings and configurations, but I'm not seeing them. It just takes me straight to the loadorder. I just extracted everything into a new folder and set it to launch through Mod Organizer.

Do the other Draugr consider you a traitor?

They do. I messed around with adding myself to the draugr faction (well, factions, there's like 17) with the console, it makes the draugr like you, but apparently townsfolk just don't give a gently caress about draugr. Which I guess makes sense kind of cause there's no way townspeople would ever run into a draugr in the base game, so bethesda probably never bothered to make them hostile.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Thanks to this thread I'm going through Skyrim the first time and really enjoying it, even though I am a weak as hell sneaky bow thief.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Gyre posted:

sneaky bow thief.

I love being a sneaky bow thief. See a bad guy a quarter inch tall on your screen because he's so far away, and he's dead one "sneak attack critical" later. Hell loving yes.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Elliotw2 posted:

That's New Vegas, and it doesn't lock up, it just starts freaking the hell out and glitching all over the place.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Well I've been playing for a while and recently upgraded my adept robes to some expert robes and now I look look like piss. I really liked the look of the lower tier robes compared to the higher level ones which look more like some casual t-shirt with some extra bits draped on.

This one is awesome but the full version requires a plugin since it gives different texture paths to each school of magic. I think it's worth it if you're doing a mage playthrough because it gives the characters at the college some variety.

I made this mod for myself for basically the same reason - I preferred the look of lower-level robes - but it might not be to everybody's taste.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

So this might be so aspergic that nobody else will care, but it turns out the skeletons mod supports vampirism, so if you have better vampires you can make yourself a vampire, and customise the options in better vampires so that basically you aren't a vampire, but people will attack you if they see you unless you're wearing the 'mortal's mask' spell that stops your magicka regenerating when in use.

it's really dumb, but it does add some gameplay justification for why everyone isn't attacking the skeleton all the time.

edit: or, less dumb option, use the console to add yourself to the vampire pc faction and give yourself the mortal's mask spell (although make sure vampires are set to always hated in better vampires). then you can have the hated stuff without any vampirism traits

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 28, 2015

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Volatile Penguin posted:

Opulent Outfits is what I use, it's pretty good.

I think I'll download this, but I have no idea which one I should download. The descriptions don't make sense. I suppose I want the replacer version? And then there's the monk robes I suppose I would also want, but that's an older version, and it's a main file, at the top?

Wait! The older version file at the top was added after the newer version file under it. Does this guy not know how to do version numbers?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I think I'll download this, but I have no idea which one I should download. The descriptions don't make sense. I suppose I want the replacer version? And then there's the monk robes I suppose I would also want, but that's an older version, and it's a main file, at the top?

Wait! The older version file at the top was added after the newer version file under it. Does this guy not know how to do version numbers?

I'm just using the 3.6 replacer version. And yeah, the numbering is all kinds of confusing.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Gyre posted:

Thanks to this thread I'm going through Skyrim the first time and really enjoying it, even though I am a weak as hell sneaky bow thief.

Sniping in Skyrim is truly a sublime experience.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Nope. Can't do it. Opulent Outfits is super pretty and all but I just absolutely hate the expert/master meshes too much. They just HAVE TO GO.

But good news, I found this mod: Mage Master and Expert Robes replacer! Doesn't look nearly as pretty as the other mod but it does exactly the thing I want it to. I might be able to copy over some of the new textures to this mod though, so the higher ranked robes look extra pretty.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Having some strange issues with Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul and iNeed. They should be compatible, but iNeed didn't seem to recognize both garlic and salt and asked me to specify what kind of food item they were. Then I noticed the salt pile not properly registering for cooking a simple salt pile+raw rabbit recipe. I wouldn't think I'd need to toggle on the 'recombine ingredient' option in CACO since the author says it is fully compatible with INeed. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Decided to shelve Fallout 4 until the GECK comes out, so a friend and I decided to start playing Skyrim again. I'm having a bit of a difficult time figuring out what mods are and aren't worth using nowadays. Here's my current mod list. Anything in there I should remove/replace, anything I should add?

I guess I'm mostly shopping around for a good combat overhaul, maybe some mods that improve often-visited locations. I also have no clue how to properly install Khajiit Speak, since it doesn't seem to recognize SLEEP as a master over the old unofficial patches.

surfacelevelspeck fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 28, 2015

• Locked thread