Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Reagan wasn't a showman? Reagan was a master showman.

Reagan just wasn't a showman, he was a showman with early stage dementia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

paranoid randroid posted:

imagine primary elections consisting of seven marco rubios, forever

It would probably seem like a single rubio was the only candidate seeing as it would take at least seven of him to run a normal campaign

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ted Cruz calls Hillary...a bigot?

quote:

Cruz bashed Clinton, who called the closures "a blast from the Jim Crow past" when they were initially announced, when asked about her comments by an Alabama news channel.

It’s not surprising to see a Democrat like Hillary Clinton coming in and attacking states, particularly Southern states," Cruz told WKRG earlier this week. "Frankly, it’s a bigotry from the Democrats. They look down on the southern states like we’re a bunch of hicks. Look, I’m from Texas and Hillary Clinton is not a big fan of my state either. We don’t need more politicians from Washington looking down on us like fly-over country. We’ve had seven years of a President who looks down on the American people. Hillary Clinton thinks we’re just a bunch ignorant rubes and we need to be governed by what she deems as moral and philosophical."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-hillary-clinton

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol yeah that Clinton sure hates people born in the south, like Pseudo Canadian Cruz and don't get her started on that Bill rear end in a top hat who used to be President.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Sounds like that whiny loving baby needs a politically correct safe space.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as an alabamian by birth id like to take a page from ronnie van zandt and suggest that the mouthy canadian get hosed

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Trying to be 2004 Karl Rove and coming off as 2012 Karl Rove instead.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Some excellent points about elitism there from the man who refused to study with students from the "lesser Ivies".

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I... I agree with Ted Cruz...

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
As a very liberal east-coaster I sort of have to agree that elitism and classism are pretty rampant here.

That, and an over-emphasis on college as the ONLY way forward are two of the more common right-wing criticisms of the left that I think have a lot of truth to them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Kingfish posted:

X/Y was a really good generation though so probably not. Jeb probably prefers diamond/pearl or black/white imo.

Jeb's favorite Pokemon is Agumon.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/marco-rubio-reassures-donors-strategy-217121

Rubio news: He spent a good part of Tuesday assuring his donors everything is going to plan and he's not a lazy gently caress.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/marco-rubio-reassures-donors-strategy-217121

Rubio news: He spent a good part of Tuesday assuring his donors everything is going to plan and he's not a lazy gently caress.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The problem for Mr. Cruz is that he's just offering the segregation. Hillary is offering the pork barrels. And of course, Mr Trump is offering both, if not in a down-home folksy tone.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Montasque posted:

Assuring donors of anything has always led to tons of excitement for a campaign this season.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bryter posted:

It would probably seem like a single rubio was the only candidate seeing as it would take at least seven of him to run a normal campaign

None of them had the spoons to make it to the senate for the gay abortions vote

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I... I agree with Ted Cruz...

yeah intentionally closing only dmv offices in rural, black majority counties forcing people to drive potentially hours to get their photo id in order to vote doesn't smack of jim crow style chicanery; and calling it out as such is just liberal east coast ivory tower bigotry looking down on those mayonnaise-covered bbq eating hicks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As one of those mayonnaise covered bbq eating hicks 'Jim Crow' like is exactly the correct word to describe that poo poo, yea.

...Do you guys actually think we put mayonnaise on our barbecue becasue gross

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

As one of those mayonnaise covered bbq eating hicks 'Jim Crow' like is exactly the correct word to describe that poo poo, yea.

...Do you guys actually think we put mayonnaise on our barbecue becasue gross

it's a northern alabama thing and yes it's disgusting and wrong

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

comes along bort posted:

ugh. Alabama can't even do BBQ right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

comes along bort posted:

Jesus christ Alabama

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
That's ok, you can just go a bit farther north to Tennessee and get great BBQ, and music (not mainstream Country poo poo, but other good stuff)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

radical meme posted:

This was my nightmare scenario even before Trump entered the primary. With all due respect to conventional wisdom, a Cruz nomination seemed less likely than a Trump nomination but, here we are.

If you really want to know what Cruz thinks and hear how he will govern, then you need to listen to his father, Rafael Cruz, and not Ted. Rafael is Ted's front man, the guy who is actually rounding up the evangelical vote so that Ted doesn't have to dirty his hands with the unwashed masses and gives Ted plausible deniability regarding his theocratic ideology.

Most of the stuff his dad is saying wouldn't have been that outlandish 20 years ago. Except maybe the part about there being no separation between church and state.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Why did Vic Berger take down a bunch of his Hot Tolerance videos? I wanted to watch the Jeb debate ones.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jesus christ Alabama

i see youre familiar with the state motto

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

"lowly Rand" lol

TheTatteredKing posted:

I'm sure Trump's plan is to do none of that poo poo and blame congress

ya that's entirely the point - that would make him a loser. There's only winners and losers in trump's america, and how can a winner not get past congress?

edit: also -

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264218-trump-campaign-hillary-bullied-women-to-hide-bills-sexist

thethreeman fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 24, 2015

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It will never not be funny to see Trump bullying Jeb and Jeb just occasionally making pathetic responses.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Lowly Rand! Feeble Jeb! Sleepy Ben! Ugly Carly!

TheTatteredKing posted:

Assuring donors of anything has always led to tons of excitement for a campaign this season.

I doubt it was as entertaining as Jeb assuring his donors, tell them not to be "nervous nellies" without "big boy pants".

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

thethreeman posted:

"lowly Rand" lol

ya that's entirely the point - that would make him a loser. There's only winners and losers in trump's america, and how can a winner not get past congress?

edit: also -

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264218-trump-campaign-hillary-bullied-women-to-hide-bills-sexist

He's going there... For Christmas.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

thethreeman posted:

Congress are a bunch of losers. They won't do their job and make America great again. They're not listening to their boss and in this messed up system he can't even fire them. That's up to you the people.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Is it happening yet?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

jackofarcades posted:

In 2012 it was a DnD fantasy that some candidate was just gonna go ahead and use the n-word. Gonna see a lot of wishing that Trump will call Hillary a oval office.

Specifically, it was supposed to be Rush that said it first, lighting the spark that would drive the fire.

I wish I'd bookmarked that post, it was a crazy fun read.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Well it'll be interesting to see how the Hilary campaign decides to tackle it. Maybe they'll get Whoopi Goldberg on board for another rape-rape speech.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
It's probably true that Clinton did that, and that her husband sexually assaulted women on multiple occasions. I loving hate everything about politics, because she's STILL the better alternative to any of the Republican candidates.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thanks, Obama :negative:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lol using a spokeswoman as a proxy

cmon donald, cowboy up and let us know how you feel about icky girls

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Spatula City posted:

It's probably true that Clinton did that, and that her husband sexually assaulted women on multiple occasions. I loving hate everything about politics, because she's STILL the better alternative to any of the Republican candidates.

There is still hope. She doesn't have the nom clinched yet, still time elect a non-rape apologist :)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

He's going there... For Christmas.

God bless us, every one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Powercrazy posted:

There is still hope. She doesn't have the nom clinched yet, still time elect a non-rape apologist :)

Hillary Clinton Raped and Murdered a Girl in 1990 But This Time We're Not Being Ironic We're Actually loving Insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

I don't think you're gonna like what Bernie has to say about rape my friend

• Locked thread