Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Pussy Snorkel posted:

That's not the rest. There's still one or two we don't know about.

Swarmyard is obviously one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Boco_T posted:

I love him but today in his cube video he kept drawing and playing "Kozileak" and driving me insane once again

Everyone should check those videos out. Some of those games were some of the best holiday cube matches I've ever seen, the second round in particular is ridiculous.

It also cements that Upheaval is one of the craziest cards ever.

edit: Link http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/rough-drafts-vintage-holiday-cube-1

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 24, 2015

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I play Upheaval in Vintage.

I'm serious.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

upheaval is a card that you don't just fire off when you hit 6, usually, you save it to cast it for the right moment, but then you win like 95+% of games where it resolves

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

upheaval is a card that you don't just fire off when you hit 6, usually, you save it to cast it for the right moment, but then you win like 95+% of games where it resolves

Upheaval float 2-3, land psychatog go was a thing for a long time

I can't remember if the Extended Tog decks ran Upheaval though

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

Upheaval float 2-3, land psychatog go was a thing for a long time

I can't remember if the Extended Tog decks ran Upheaval though

As a one-of until the advent of ug madness tog, dredgeatog , and countertop tog.

Actually just look at all the different tog lists in this pro tour top 8:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Events.aspx?x=mtgevent/ptla05/t8decks

Pretty sweet stuff.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 24, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
man i can't wait to play the limited match against the guy who ripped a strip mine

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

mandatory lesbian posted:

man i can't wait to play the limited match against the guy who ripped a strip mine

Being just one copy will not be that amazing.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I ran strip mine and wasteland for a while in my commons/uncommons cube which uses bounce lands for a lot of the fixing. It went about as well as you'd expect. Edit: that is to say, I don't think a single person enjoyed it.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The Asscrack King didn't bitch about his 18 month suspension. He took it like a man.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Zoness posted:

As a one-of until the advent of ug madness tog, dredgeatog , and countertop tog.

Actually just look at all the different tog lists in this pro tour top 8:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Events.aspx?x=mtgevent/ptla05/t8decks

Pretty sweet stuff.

I was not around for Dredgeatog and it looks hilarious.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Zoness posted:

On the breast of his red t-shirt, in crude red plastic, surrounded with an elaborate pageantry of SCG IQ top 8 pins and fantastic flourishes of silver adhesive, appeared the letter S.

Maybe suspensions aren't really that big of a deal.

Suspensions aren't a big deal especially 3 month ones, which is funny because it means leaks aren't a big deal since they don't warrant a serious punishment, despite all those words WOTC has written about how leaks are really bad and terrible and the worst.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Suspensions aren't a big deal especially 3 month ones, which is funny because it means leaks aren't a big deal since they don't warrant a serious punishment, despite all those words WOTC has written about how leaks are really bad and terrible and the worst.

I don't get it are you just equivocating now?

Roberto got 3 years, IIRC, and his podcast / interview implies that he could have gotten more than that.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Watergatewatch is truly one of the defining moments of magic history.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I was talking about the Judges, since Toby Elliot's comment related to them not Roberto, which is also extremely dumb for other reasons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pussy Snorkel posted:

he will have it every game, its the law

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

kizudarake posted:

The Asscrack King didn't bitch about his 18 month suspension. He took it like a man.

Fake, no knuckle tattoos

Travis woo trying really hard to top the timecube guy at web design:

:nms:http://www.woobrews.com/:nms:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 24, 2015

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
What's the expected UR manland? I kind of expect 1UR: Becomes a 2/2 unblockable, but I would like something out of left field like

If deals combat damage to a player, give an instant or sorcery spell in your graveyard flashback/cast something from your graveyard.
Tap, deal 1 damage to target creature or player. (only usable while it's a creature)
When it blocks or becomes blocked, bounce it and the attacking/blocking creature(s). (triggers landfall over and over for your R aggro deck, bounces their creature for your control deck.)

I really hope it doesn't just gain flying. That would be kind of boring...

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Delif's Timecube

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
It's gonna be a 2/2 with prowess for 1UR, and it's going to be disappointing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

It's gonna be a 2/2 with prowess for 1UR, and it's going to be disappointing.

this sounds like it would be pretty good honestly

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Gensuki posted:

What's the expected UR manland? I kind of expect 1UR: Becomes a 2/2 unblockable, but I would like something out of left field like

I really hope it doesn't just gain flying. That would be kind of boring...

I'm hoping 1UR 2/2 flying, Looter il-Kor.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I think it'll be a looter without evasion just like the dumb Izzet Keyrune from RTR.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

probably either prowess or loot on hit I think

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
A 2/2 for 1UR, when it deals combat damage, exile top card of your library, you can cast it this turn. I want this, Wizards, give me this.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
1UR or maybe just UR 1/4 with "2: Switch ~'s base power and toughness until end of turn."

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

I'd be more concerned about the guy who opens Eye of Ugin.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Prowess seems likely, this could be one of the reasons they needed a UR creature mechanic. Coolest design I can think of would be UR for a 2/1.

Comedy answer: UR 1/1 that untaps when you cast instants or sorceries

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
To be honest, i'm more excited for the GB land. I'm hoping for like a 1/4 Deathtoucher for 1BG.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Niton posted:

To be honest, i'm more excited for the GB land. I'm hoping for like a 1/4 Deathtoucher for 1BG.

I think someone spoiled it as "~ comes in to play tapped.
T: G or B
GB: 3/3 with 1B: regen"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Bugsy posted:

I think someone spoiled it as "~ comes in to play tapped.
T: G or B
GB: 3/3 with 1B: regen"

Better rejig the Abzan landbase then, that sounds nuts.

Not sure that's going to be it mind, I see oversized guys for their cost being more GW. Also seems odd for it to have a mono black ability. Maybe if it was GB.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

And I am sure Darth Vader was very upset the rebels stole the Death Star plans too.
Evil always attempts to justify their actions as legal, just and apt.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I see it on a Swedish website but I can't see an associated image. That seems completely absurd. 3/3 for 2 already seems stronger than the other manlands in the cycle.

e: I mean it would be most of Treetop Village while also being manafixing and having a mode that's pretty close to Lumbering Falls and having infinite blocks

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 25, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm sure it's not going to happen, but a Tim as the U/R manland would be interesting. Be cool to have a manland that isn't primarily just for swinging in.

Maybe give it a fat rear end to block with so it isn't just a Shivan Gorge.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

JerryLee posted:

I'm sure it's not going to happen, but a Tim as the U/R manland would be interesting. Be cool to have a manland that isn't primarily just for swinging in.

Maybe give it a fat rear end to block with so it isn't just a Shivan Gorge.

the problem with forbidding watchtower and spawning pool is that leaving up a pile of mana just to block is pretty lovely because the main job of a manland is "manasink in the late game on an empty-ish board"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I mean no it's not broken, but I'd wager that playing Strip Mine in a given game of limited will more than double the chance you win that game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think there will probably be rares and mythics that are stronger than it. Although if OGW has Awaken as a theme it will be pretty disgusting.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

alansmithee posted:

Nobody here has reported that they've been banned, despite seeing the leaks and discussing them.

If I've understood the WotC position correctly, we probably would have been if we'd have been the first place to get them

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Heck, everyone who has discussed leaks on a private forum and not reported them to Wizards should confess to them and wait out our 3 month bans. While "I'm Spartacus" is a bit clichéd, it certainly applies here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I hope everyone in this thread is banned for the next 3 years, except MCMagic

• Locked thread