Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

actually, i have a new angle for this puzzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I get to wake up at 6am tomorrow and then go to my aunt's house to open Christmas presents for the following six hours. It's probably not going to be so bad, but that's way too early for me to be up and conscious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm really, really sorry, it does look like I submitted a partial image - I gave one tile instead of the entire thing. Here's another one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Nice Asiina! It really does sound like you put a lot of thought into your gifts.

It's just the two of us. With my step-father gone, me an only child, and all of my extended family living on the other side of the country, our Christmas is very small. My mom is my very best friend but she's also a hoarder, so getting her things is a bad idea, so I try to be creative and get her things that she will really want or need. Other than secret santas, I don't really have anywhere else to put my stalking energy into.

Also I loving love Christmas. It is my absolute, without a doubt, favourite holiday and time of year. I love decorating and having all the lights off except the soft glow of Christmas lights that reflect off of tinsel and make the whole room sparkle. I like using a bunch of different wrapping papers and bows so each gift is unique. Getting someone something that they didn't even know they wanted but their face lights up when they see it is just the absolute best feeling in the world. Having traditions that you know even if you don't live together anymore, you can always know that they will be the same.

On Christmas eve I get to open one present, and it's always a set of pajamas. Then I change into them and we watch the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol before bed. We have done this for so long that I can remember being 4 years old sleeping at my grandparent's house on Christmas eve in a big bed in the attic bedroom, and my mom would crawl into bed and wake me up to watch it play at 10pm on CBC and I would inevitably fall asleep watching it.

Christmas is seriously amazing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
My Christmas is great this year. Everyone agreed not to get each other anything, and to just get gifts for the kids.

Really the whole concept was always pretty lame for me. I am the type of person that if I need anything I just get it for myself, so I always end up getting mostly stuff I don't want for Xmas anyway. Me and my bank account are filled with Christmas spirit, and my car isn't going to be filled with junk! Merry Christmas everyone!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If anyone is going to Church a funny prank to play is to pretend the holy water burns your hand.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yeah I always like to make a christmas morning post but it looks like tomorrow I'll be busy!

Merry Christmas mafia thread. I wasn't able to be a part of the actual playing games part of the community a whole lot this year but you all still felt like my online family (and i think that was incredibly obvious by how i'd update you all on everything going on in my life).

I like all the new people around, and I like that the older players are starting to become so much of a community that mafia games are an excuse for us to have a joke phase and then abandon the accusation phase entirely. You're all cool people, and I'm glad to know everyone is having a happy holidays in good health so far.

:)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like getting gifts too, but mostly because I like the surprise. It's rare to have surprises when you're an adult, so I really like getting surprised by things where someone put some thought into it.

Hence why I do as many secret Santas as I can afford.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I'm really, really sorry, it does look like I submitted a partial image - I gave one tile instead of the entire thing. Here's another one.

nah

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sorry I missed your post Ecco!

Merry Christmas, everyone est~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for the surprise gift, Ernie!

Yay Christmas!!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Merry Christmas Mafia thread! :toot:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Christmas is over. I am dying of turkey and pavlova.

I just want to lie down now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Isaac Newton!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

busb posted:

Coincidentally, I will be partaking of both turkey and pavlova tonight. After all, pavlova is a kiwi thing that you Australians stole. Because you are all convicts.

Post your hauls when you get them, Mafia thread!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 27, 2020

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

It has just begun in the most important part of the world.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

<3 ernie

my gift to you, mafia thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dgl4p-CTo

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
My homie's parents gave us a knife set, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, a slow cooker, and really nice socks.

Now I'm at my mom's house and everyone is asleep except me and I am drinking eggnog and whiskey and it just dawned on me that they made a point of telling us they were sending us gift cards, which are probably in the pile of boxes out by the garage. Uh oh, midnight trash pile raid, or wait until the sun comes up?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
gifts from my brother. bourbon and one of his paintings

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just opened my stocking presents and got a whole bunch of make up, fake lashes, socks, chocolate, a unicorn tree decoration and a little book called 100 Ways To Annoy People. Big gifts to follow later.

So what they're saying is that the perfect boyfriend is a woman :smug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

So what they're saying is that the perfect boyfriend is a woman :smug:
A woman with a big throbbing penis

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Trifle is divine

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

totino boy posted:

It was nice of him to do up a portrait of you

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Best girlfriend ever. I've been using a painting I found online for a background for my second monitor. Apparently I've idly talked about it quite a few times about why I like it.

A couple months ago she found the original artist. A polish fellow on DeviantArt. She bought the original as a Christmas gift for me.

http://drangir.deviantart.com/art/Giant-341184794

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

bowmore posted:

A woman with a big throbbing penis
You rang?

:wink:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

totino boy posted:

Yo, that's some legit gifts right there.

Also, Merry Christmas to the lot of ya!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Quote this post with a genuine but backhanded compliment and I'll tell you what classic movie you are.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merry Christmas you bunch of lying, backstabbing murderers :sassargh:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Quote this post with a genuine but backhanded compliment and I'll tell you what classic movie you are.

You know what I'm going to get you for Christmas next year?

A big wooden cross, so that the next time you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices to this family, you can climb right up and nail yourself to it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, merry Christmas.

I am at the in-laws. Let's see how badly the mother in law fucks up simple Christmas dinners.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Today won't be much fun and I really miss my little brother but: Merry Christmas y'all!

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Opopanax posted:

Merry Christmas you bunch of lying, backstabbing murderers :sassargh:

Well that's a rude thing to say.

I mean not everyone celebrates christmas. Please be inclusive of all faiths and apollo creeds at this holiest of high holy holidays.

A hearty namaste to all my authorholics out there, noggin it up something special on this non-denominational sequence of minutes in which we pretend a fake man was born even though this fake man was supposed to be born a couple weeks later but this way its closer to a celestial event that was celebrated with literal human sacrifice two thousand years ago and is only celebrated with figurative human sacrifice today in the form of factory cities and sweatshops working Chinese and Indonesian and Salvadoran people to an early death to produce a bunch of plastic and cloth poo poo that we honestly just wish was an itunes gift card or something instead.

That or just enjoy your time on this fuckin blue marble of ours. It's all good. Except the slavery and exploitation. Whatever enjoy your nog.

Ch'a'boi
Authorman

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I applaud your cleverness in finding a way to both be the center of attention and give the appearance of humility.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poison Mushroom posted:

Oh PMush, you're doing a really good job of shifting off that weight!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Happy Christmas, Mafiathread!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Authorman posted:

Well that's a rude thing to say.

I mean not everyone celebrates christmas. Please be inclusive of all faiths and apollo creeds at this holiest of high holy holidays.

A hearty namaste to all my authorholics out there, noggin it up something special on this non-denominational sequence of minutes in which we pretend a fake man was born even though this fake man was supposed to be born a couple weeks later but this way its closer to a celestial event that was celebrated with literal human sacrifice two thousand years ago and is only celebrated with figurative human sacrifice today in the form of factory cities and sweatshops working Chinese and Indonesian and Salvadoran people to an early death to produce a bunch of plastic and cloth poo poo that we honestly just wish was an itunes gift card or something instead.

That or just enjoy your time on this fuckin blue marble of ours. It's all good. Except the slavery and exploitation. Whatever enjoy your nog.

Ch'a'boi
Authorman

Happy Hanukkah, you bunch of lying, backstabbing murderers.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Your hair actually looks good today, pmush. You should comb it more often

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Merry Christmas scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted: