Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Thor so far feels like in MH and that's a win for me so good times

I haven't used the stone selector but I did bust enough chips to get him to 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Thor so far feels like in MH and that's a win for me so good times

I haven't used the stone selector but I did bust enough chips to get him to 30

Thor will treat you right. Believe me.

What'll make you laugh is there will be plenty of characters you play and you ask yourself, "Why the hell didn't Mr. Gaz make this character this awesome in MH?!?"

I'm looking at you Daredevil, Rocket Racon 6* power, Loki, Blade and Iron Man amongst others.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I like how melee characters only whiff sometimes in this game, instead of literally constantly.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You will learn to admire a 6* bulge soon brother. You will learn...

Ultimately you can play however you like but those 2s are much better at 3s as I believe the stats will scale linearly.

I'd recommend you take your guys to the top when you get those opportunities. The bonuses are much better this way.

You misunderstood his comment, he meant 3 person and 2 person team up bonus, not 3 star and 2 star, so he is talking about double dipping bonuses, which is nice, but trivial compared to the difference between an A++ hero and a mediocre one. A duder like Blade has some amazing team up bonuses, but then you are stuck with Blade on your team.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sif's only 3-person team is a pretty hefty line-up of team bonuses, because each member also has a 2-person team with each other, for a total of 5 bonuses totaling +13.5% All Attack, +8.4% All Defense, +4.4% Attack Speed, +8.1% Max HP, +4.9% Dodge, +4.2% Movement Speed, and -10% Crowd Control Time at full 6 stars. They're all Strikers for each other, too, though Thor gets the best chances (16% on attack for Loki and 20% on attack for Sif) as active. Probably the weakest links are Sif being rather average for a Combat type and the difficulty in getting the whole team up to 6 stars. Still can be fun to see that list of bonuses stretching all the way to the bottom of the screen, though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Don't lose a pvp Match or you go down tons of rank points. Went from 1799 down to 900 in one loss.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Don't lose a pvp Match or you go down tons of rank points. Went from 1799 down to 900 in one loss.

PVP and BW ranking is all luck based. Don't feel too bad.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
merry christmas thread, I come bearing gifts

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Got $40 in iTunes bucks for Christmas, here I come sales

Singularity is the true whale waifu, the embodiment of cosmic today, and must be maxed

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You know I'm not really sure about the mega rank up ticket now that I have almost every hard to farm character at 6*. I almost feel like I'd be better off with the 3200 crystals in my bank for costumes.

Yeah I guess if they ever release a new character I'd use it but I feel like it's jut going to sit in my bank.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

HUMAN FISH posted:

Amazing.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Is Also because it just reset. A lot less wiggle room as people start clawing there way back up the ranks

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

You know I'm not really sure about the mega rank up ticket now that I have almost every hard to farm character at 6*. I almost feel like I'd be better off with the 3200 crystals in my bank for costumes.

Yeah I guess if they ever release a new character I'd use it but I feel like it's jut going to sit in my bank.

If they ever...

They release new characters every single month by the handful. It owns :)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HUMAN FISH posted:

Holy poo poo. :vince:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

New characters are introduced regularly so it is still useful.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also today's sale is BLACK BOLT PACKAGE. Starts in 30 minutes.

Personally I'm passing as I will get him 6* real soon but he is one of my faves because of his name (BLACKTAR BABAGANOUSH). Absolutely incredible parents, clearly. And probably an accident.

Tomorrow is a big dog sale though: COMBAT BIOS.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'll be silently screaming into the void soon.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I'm thinking waiting till combat. She hulk needs the love

Also, I think it was icr, whoever suggested captain plus costume..... Good drat call. Battleworld ready either way and powerful.
Should have know from mh to go hard for captain, totally worth it

Edit combat, universal and MAYBE racoon. I just already have such a strong blaster in Nico. Ms marvel is creeping up too

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 25, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah those character packs will never fly off the shelves. We don't have to coordinate hard for those. Bios and Rank Up Tix are where we all gotta be on the ball.

You probably have like, 3 hours to decide if you want to become a BLACKAGAR BOLTAGOON.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
3 battles in a row against a costumed black bolt where if I don't take manual control and run circles I loose.
Made me a believer he is a hard counter against those who want to cc you.

I believe. Boltagoon for all this Christmas

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah those character packs will never fly off the shelves. We don't have to coordinate hard for those. Bios and Rank Up Tix are where we all gotta be on the ball.

You probably have like, 3 hours to decide if you want to become a BLACKAGAR BOLTAGOON.

Maybe even more hours,

Blackbolt was pretty underwhelming until he got a costume and a 6 star skill even then he's not on the ones to watch list like kingpin, loki, thor, nico,

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So the combat bio sale coming up will let me use them on She Hulk? Also I have to work today and it's going to be slow as gently caress so I am going hard in the paint today boys!!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

So the combat bio sale coming up will let me use them on She Hulk?

Yes. Only the "select-a-specific hero" bio selectors preclude She-Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity. Combat, Blast, and Universal selectors work fine on them.
The free log-in Universal selectors are the rarest type.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
When is the combat bio sale and how much and how quick will it go?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I gave in got black bolt. No self control lol
She hulk is last on my list to 6 star. Her and black bolt will give me....7 6 star people I think.

Everyone else I'll grind to me thinks. Racoon is the last thing really calling me. He just looks fun :/

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

When is the combat bio sale and how much and how quick will it go?

Combat and grim is tomorrow
Universal and racoon follows that I believe

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Are Norn stone sales worth it? Treat them like bios or are they not as important

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Are Norn stone sales worth it? Treat them like bios or are they not as important

They are not worth it. Easily farmable.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

They are not worth it. Easily farmable.

Thought so

I am now part of the wonderful world of Blackgoon

I should one day have a max level char but leveling so drat slow

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
I think I finally settled on a team. Nico Minaj is going to lead Shulk and Singularity. The three of them are rad on their own, but they get some drat nice team bonuses too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

The Pell posted:

I think I finally settled on a team. Nico Minaj is going to lead Shulk and Singularity. The three of them are rad on their own, but they get some drat nice team bonuses too.

lead with She-Hulk and smash the patriarchy

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Downloaded this today and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Are there any non-full goon alliances?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ephemeron posted:

Downloaded this today and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Are there any non-full goon alliances?

worst alliance has a spot free after I booted an inactive the other day.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

C. Everett Koop posted:

worst alliance has a spot free after I booted an inactive the other day.
Thanks, applied as Passionario.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MotU posted:

lead with She-Hulk and smash the patriarchy

Agreed, Nico's leadership isn't anything special, and she benefits from being second or third so all her abilities are off cooldown by the time she shows up. Singularity could be a good leader, too, since her energy damage boost would apply to her and Nico, but I don't know her well enough to know how well she does with first fighter cooldowns

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

She hulks leadership is why she wrecks teams in timeline

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
she-hulk's leadership, especially w/ singularity and nico is basically

1) you fight a team of ladies and your team is merely extremely good + powerful

2) you fight a team with dudes and you stomp everyone into the grounds w/ your powerful green legs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Anybody got 1 spot in alliance? One of my friends from MH is looking to get in and has been pretty active with this.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is there a way for non guild leaders to tell?
Want to help out of course
I do wish we could gift people things

I never knew what she hulk leadership is. That is bad rear end Yeah she is being whaled on all sorts of hard core like.

Been spending free energy getting everyone to max level depending on there star level. Surprisingly fun while getting all the pieces for people on chapter 9 and 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Anybody got 1 spot in alliance? One of my friends from MH is looking to get in and has been pretty active with this.

I'll prob be booting another inactive tomorrow, I got someone at 7 days.

• Locked thread