Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

(Matt Besser enters a funeral parlor. There is a small casket at one end of the room, surrounded by bouquets, wreaths bearing "WE WILL MISS YOU BRANDON" and "OUR ANGEL" banners, and framed portraits of a small child. A young couple, clad in black, stand weeping in front of the coffin, her head buried in his chest. The man has a hand resting atop the coffin, and he is muttering "My son, my son")

"So what's this about"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

JethroMcB posted:

(Matt Besser enters a funeral parlor. There is a small casket at one end of the room, surrounded by bouquets, wreaths bearing "WE WILL MISS YOU BRANDON" and "OUR ANGEL" banners, and framed portraits of a small child. A young couple, clad in black, stand weeping in front of the coffin, her head buried in his chest. The man has a hand resting atop the coffin, and he is muttering "My son, my son")

"So what's this about"

Kroll Show was great all around but man, if they had done a season 4 that was nothing but Pawnsylvania I would've had no problem with that.

Lol

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Where's my loving HH, Cody?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

There it is.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

real good. can't believe they let Dudio be an engineer.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Weed-centric the Entertainer. Lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

lol

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Reality show show and Hollywood handbook are the only justifications for podcasting as a medium.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I thought having Vinnie Jones on to do the ad was a good get.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I was offended when he called me a bell-end and I was scared of what he might do to me with his knucks.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I always get a little thrill hearing Tom Scharpling swear.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

UP AND ADAM posted:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Poopy Palpy posted:

I always get a little thrill hearing Tom Scharpling swear.
is that his thing or something? guy swears like a sailor

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
he ran a PG radio show for 15 years and even tries to have himself and the guests keep it clean on the new podcast (I think on that one he f-bombed himself once when he played random audiobbok clips).

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 25, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
unprofessional imo
swearing for laughs is pretty cheap

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

unprofessional imo
swearing for laughs is pretty cheap

If only swearing could make him funny

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is Scharpling as funny on his own show? He's really funny on HH but it seems like, fueled by Hayes and Sean somehow. I remember listening to a few eps of the Best Show, but it was too long.

Also, did he and PFT ever settle their mysterious beef?

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Mmmmmm... mysterious beef

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is Scharpling as funny on his own show? He's really funny on HH but it seems like, fueled by Hayes and Sean somehow. I remember listening to a few eps of the Best Show, but it was too long.

Yeah hes funny on his own show

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Nellie McKay kept bringing PFT up on the episode Hayes was on and the awkwardness was palpable.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please fill me in on the juicy beef

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Please fill me in on the juicy beef

About four years ago, PFT and Scharpling worked together on a pilot for Comedy Central called "Evil Genius"
Something happened
They don't speak anymore

I believe that's the extent of what they or anybody else in the know have said about the state of things.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This is the last anyone's said about it afaik

https://m.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3gr6ba/we_are_tom_scharpling_and_jon_wurster_from/cu0qzxw

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Wow I didn't really care what the reason was before but now I'm SOOOOO GOD drat INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHAT IT WAS :mad:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really can't keep going without hollywood handbook

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

LMAO at the latest Who Charted. Matt Besser hates Hamilton because he hates when white people rap.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How does Howard respond?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Fat Besser is correct, Hamilton is embarrassing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Opinions on its quality aside, it's a musical where EVERYBODY (except King George I think?) is played by people of color.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Opinions on its quality aside, it's a musical where EVERYBODY (except King George I think?) is played by people of color.

george iii and samuel seabury. it's bad

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Oh well I mean if they cast a black Broadway actor to use his 15 years of jazz tap and announce that he's rappin ben Franklin and he's here to say / that Arron Burr is bad in a rappin way then it's probably fine and actually good even.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

There are some members of the ensemble who are white, as well, but they don't do much.

If you're really into theatre, which I'm one of those weirdos, it's amazing, but I could see normal folks annoyed by the hype. But as far as I know, the actual rap community is fine with it, and the album was produced by the guys from the Roots. I'm fairly sure Lin Manuel Miranda knows more about the culture than Matt Besser ever will.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Oh well I mean if they cast a black Broadway actor to use his 15 years of jazz tap and announce that he's rappin ben Franklin and he's here to say / that Arron Burr is bad in a rappin way then it's probably fine and actually good even.

You haven't heard a single second of it, have you?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

We get it, dude. You capitalize random words and use punctuation sparingly because it's weird twitter and they're so weird and ironic all the time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Practical Demon posted:

You haven't heard a single second of it, have you?

Wow you big timing me? Sooooo glad you're holding your 500 dollar tickets over my head you big timing piece of poo poo.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Practical Demon posted:

There are some members of the ensemble who are white, as well, but they don't do much.

If you're really into theatre, which I'm one of those weirdos, it's amazing, but I could see normal folks annoyed by the hype. But as far as I know, the actual rap community is fine with it, and the album was produced by the guys from the Roots. I'm fairly sure Lin Manuel Miranda knows more about the culture than Matt Besser ever will.

I would pay $20 to see Lin-Manuel Miranda, a NYC-raised Puerto Rican raised by a dad who worked in NYC Democratic politics, debate Matt Besser on both rap and Hillary vs. Bernie. And since Lin-Manuel is now buddy-buddy with Scott Aukerman as of last week, this could totally happen.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Keven's teaching this thread a thing or two about how funny a thread about podcasting network Earwolf should be.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Wow you big timing me? Sooooo glad you're holding your 500 dollar tickets over my head you big timing piece of poo poo.

I took out a mortgage to pay for my $10 ticket, so you don't have to feel worse about yourself than you already do.

I thought the same thing as Besser until I actually heard and saw the show, and saw what went into it. Now, I'm more amused by white people trying to prove how "with it" they are by condemning something for appropriating rap culture that in no way appropriated anything and is being embraced by minorities as a win.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Elitist big timing mother fucker.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I just think it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

there are definitely qualms to be brought up about recasting our white supremacist founding fathers as hip minorities and what that does to rehabilitate the image of those founding fathers and the us as a whole