Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Am I nuts for wanting to start Buffalo vs Kellen Moore over Denver or Carolina's D?

I think I'm going to start them over Arizona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
First time ever in the championship! (ESPN Standard)

Jeremy Hill @Den

or

Denard Robinson @NO
Karlos Williams (Q) DAL
Shaun Draughn (Q) @Det
Ted Ginn Jr (Q) @Atl

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

KingKapalone posted:

First time ever in the championship! (ESPN Standard)

Jeremy Hill @Den

or

Denard Robinson @NO
Karlos Williams (Q) DAL
Shaun Draughn (Q) @Det
Ted Ginn Jr (Q) @Atl

Denard

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I need some sit/start advice urgently for the finals. Is Woodhead worth running at RB2 this week? (Thursday game so I have to decide today.)

My RB situation is:
Woodhead, Hightower, Gore, Gio, J. Stew.

I am thinking of flexing a WR so just need to decide if Woodhead is better than my other options. Thoughts? (I also don't love Hightower but have time to think about that, and time to see if Stewart will play.)

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
My situation is kind of the same as the above....my RB situation is

Woodhead, Hightower, CWest, JWhite.

My opponent has Carr at QB and I have Michael Crabtree on the bench. Do I play him at the Flex and return White to the Bench and run with Woodhead/Cwest as my RB's or do I roll the dice on Carr not absolutely carving up the lovely SD secondary and go Cwest/Woodhead and JWhite in flex?

I'm hesitant about Hightower, especially if Brees isn't playing because I can just see a ton of 3 and outs and not many opportunities.

My other wideouts are Marshall and J.Brown so I can't swap Crabtree for any of those two.

My opponent also has ODB and Baldwin so I'm probably still ok but I really want to crush this championship!!!

Lastly, Cousins or Stafford? I don't like Cousins away from home and Stafford has been on FIRE recently. I'm sticking with Stafford for now but I hope Cousins doesn't drop another 30 burger on the Eagles.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

mcmagic posted:

Am I nuts for wanting to start Buffalo vs Kellen Moore over Denver or Carolina's D?

You are not. I'm looking forward to Pitt D against Clausen/Mallett/Schaub

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
NFL.com is projecting 83.50 points (vs 130+ pts) for my team in the Championship game. Half PPR. My team led the league in scoring this season.

Basically half of my starters were picked up in the last two weeks:
Bilal Powell
Denard Robinson
Tim Hightower
Michael Floyd
Pittsburgh Defense

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

This is my first championship in a 1 ppr nfl league. I think I go with 3 WR because my RB's are so weak, Aaron over Eli with not OBJ, now Bilal Powell over Charles Sims?

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 24, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

This is my first championship in a 1 ppr nfl league. I think I go with 3 WR because my RB's are so weak, Aaron over Eli with not OBJ, now Bilal Powell over Charles Sims?

I know Megatron burned a lot of people last week, but I think you have to start him over Markus Wheaton.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yuzenn posted:

I'm hesitant about Hightower, especially if Brees isn't playing because I can just see a ton of 3 and outs and not many opportunities.

See I'm going the opposite. No Brees means a less stable pass attack and more reliance on a ground game.

Also my RB sitch is this:

Hightower
McFadden
Woodhead

Artis-Payne
CMike
Donald Brown
Lamar Miller

CMike and D Brown are definitely not starting.

Miller just has me way too nervous with the Dolphins coaching combined with a Quad injury.

Only possible switchout I'd see is C-AP going in for either Woodhead (not likely) or Hightower (could be fairly equal). Thoughts?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Thursday games are bullshit.

Anyway, I need a flex, no PPR, standard NFL.com scoring

Latavius Murray vs SD (Thursday)
Amari Cooper vs SD (Thursday)
Tyler Lockett vs STL
Alfred Morris @PHI

or should I gamble that Julian Edelman can play @NYJ?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Pick a flex, ESPN 0ppr scoring:

Jonathan Stewart @ Atl (assuming he plays)
Michael Crabtree vs. SD
Ted Ginn Jr. @ Atl
Tyler Lockett vs. StL

Also looks like I could grab

Tavon Austin @ Sea or
Golden Tate vs. SF

off waivers.

---

FOLLOW UP: If JStew isn't the pick for flex and he plays, is he worth starting over

Danny Woodhead @ Oak or
Charcandrick West vs. Cle

at RB?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Thursday games are bullshit.

Anyway, I need a flex, no PPR, standard NFL.com scoring

Latavius Murray vs SD (Thursday)
Amari Cooper vs SD (Thursday)
Tyler Lockett vs STL
Alfred Morris @PHI

or should I gamble that Julian Edelman can play @NYJ?

I'm rolling with murray tonight as my rb2. I think he'll have a good game.

How benchworthy is AJ Green? I really REALLY don't like the matchup and McCarron throwing to him with a possible back injury. I've got Julio, Cooks, Aiken, and Ginn as well.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
Here's my team for the championships. I have to start Cooper right? I even though he's dinged up I feel like he's probably going to be the best performer out of my WR stable. Also I wanted Megatron for his playoff schedule and then he put up poo poo last week now I'm wondering if I just roll with it or gamble that Hilton or Cobb have one of their good weeks.

As far as my RBs are concerned. Shoelace or James White are probably the best choices I have at flex. I'm leaning Robinson because of matchup and the fact that there is no PPR.

Would appreciate some feedback as to if my thinking is on track.

No PPR.

antisocial fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 24, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

BonoMan posted:

See I'm going the opposite. No Brees means a less stable pass attack and more reliance on a ground game.

Also my RB sitch is this:

Hightower
McFadden
Woodhead

Artis-Payne
CMike
Donald Brown
Lamar Miller

CMike and D Brown are definitely not starting.

Miller just has me way too nervous with the Dolphins coaching combined with a Quad injury.

Only possible switchout I'd see is C-AP going in for either Woodhead (not likely) or Hightower (could be fairly equal). Thoughts?

I hear you about Hightower but the Jags seem to only stop the run decently, and stacking the box every play is real if there is no passing threat. McGown can throw but I'm somewhat suspect.

I went with Woodhead/Cwest and flexed Crabtree since my opponent has Carr at QB

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
The only player I drafted left playing in the championship game is Calvin Johnson.

What a strange year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Piggles posted:

The only player I drafted left playing in the championship game is Calvin Johnson.

What a strange year.

I'm really thinking of benching him. I'd rather have someone with a lower ceiling if it means not getting another 1 catch for 22 yard kind of day, ya know?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Carroll says Baldwin will likely be a game time decision. Given his history of being optimistic with players' availability, I'd have a backup plan ready.

Speaking of backup plans, I just picked up Wheaton to replace Alshon. :negative:

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.
Jeremy Hill @ DEN or James White @ NYJ ?

regular scoring

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RobBorer posted:

Jeremy Hill @ DEN or James White @ NYJ ?

regular scoring

Definitely White

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm on the left opponent on the right. I'm praying Allen and Charmander get work because i'm worried about Reed and Cam really going off.

And that Bort doesnt make me regret benching him.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm still not sure whether to play Markus Wheaton or Willie Snead, though I'm still leaning towards Wheaton.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Buffalo, Pittsburgh, or Houston defense? Buffalo is my first reaction, but Houston is up against Mettenberger, so I could see Watt going HAM.

edit: holy gently caress one of my opponents in a finals match dropped Denard for CAP. I'm praying no one else thinks of picking him up, because I want/need him loving badly, otherwise I'm starting Darren Sproles and hoping ADP sits out to start McKinnon.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 25, 2015

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'd take Pittsburgh versus Pickles as my first choice, although Houston would be a solid play too.

Anyone else wary of starting Charmander now that Ware is healthy again? He only got 16 touches as the unquestioned feature back last week, and he was pretty uninspiring when sharing time with West in the previous few weeks. I'm tempted to give into the Ivory roulette instead, but that's its own minefield so who knows. Between those two, Buck Allen, Karlos Williams and Christine Michael, there is a 98% chance I end up kicking myself over who I decide to start.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What about James White over both of em?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I approve of Latavius Murray's performance last night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BigFactory posted:

Did his stats get readjusted last night? On NFL.com, he had 20.1 last night and this morning he has 17.7.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

Did his stats get readjusted last night? On NFL.com, he had 20.1 last night and this morning he has 17.7.

Yeah he was 22 for me (1/2 ppr) at the end of the game and 20 this morning.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

BigFactory posted:

On this note, I approve of Antonio Gates' performance last night as well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BigFactory posted:

Yeah he was 22 for me (1/2 ppr) at the end of the game and 20 this morning.

I think the difference is last night he was credited with 62 yards and six receptions receiving. This morning he has 38 yards and five receptions receiving.

Did one get called back or credited to another player?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

I think the difference is last night he was credited with 62 yards and six receptions receiving. This morning he has 38 yards and five receptions receiving.

Did one get called back or credited to another player?

He had a play called back in the 4th if I remember. They must have credited him with it

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
There was also the lateral at the end of the 2nd, but the penalties got declined, so I think his catch on that should have stood.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Veritek83 posted:

There was also the lateral at the end of the 2nd, but the penalties got declined, so I think his catch on that should have stood.

This one?

quote:

4th and 4 at OAK 46
(0:00 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to L.Murray to SD 30 for 24 yards. Lateral to A.Cooper to OAK 46 for -24 yards. Lateral to D.Carr to SD 49 for 5 yards. Lateral to M.Crabtree to SD 49 for no gain (M.Te'o). Penalty on OAK-J.Feliciano, Illegal Block Above the Waist, declined. Penalty on OAK-G.Jackson, Ineligible Downfield Pass, declined

That would account for the missing 24 yards.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Yeah, though Sims & Nantz were chuckle-loving about it during the half and specifically said that because the penalties were declined, the reception and the yardage should stand for everyone involved.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

BigFactory posted:

Yeah, even with the points wonkiness, he was a good call. Hoping everyone else I was uncertain about pulls through like he did.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Aaron Rodgers has been booty

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Don't see a start sit thread, but I'm in the championship and as an OBJ and LeSean McCoy owner I feel panicked. Here's what I'm working with:

My main concern is Cooks if Brees is out. Ginn and Tate have been on a tear as of late so I'm just hoping they can keep it going 1 more week. I was worried about Denver's D going up against the Bengals but with Dalton out I feel like I can keep them.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ouhei posted:

Don't see a start sit thread, but I'm in the championship and as an OBJ and LeSean McCoy owner I feel panicked. Here's what I'm working with:

My main concern is Cooks if Brees is out. Ginn and Tate have been on a tear as of late so I'm just hoping they can keep it going 1 more week. I was worried about Denver's D going up against the Bengals but with Dalton out I feel like I can keep them.

Get Lockett into the lineup, especially if Baldwin is out or lame.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So as a guy that started Latavius and is probably without both OBJ and Alshon this week, are we expecting Murray to eventually get credited with those 24 receiving yards? I could really use those points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yes that Latavius adjustment is approaching scandalous levels of attention. Just a quick summary:

- Murray catches a 24 yard pass on the last play of the half
- Two penalties on the play against the Raiders. The referee announced BOTH were declined, because it would end the half either way so SD didn't really give a poo poo, so the play stood
- NFL.com website has one of the penalties as being accepted, which takes away the play.
- The whole thing is obfuscated by the fact that it was a lateral play, where Murray lateraled it to another player after his catch and run, and that it was the last play of the half AND a fourth down play (causing speculation about whether the old "half can end on an offensive penalty, but not a defensive one applies since the offense/defenses switched after the fourth down play). Neither of these actually affects anything. Also the fact that it's the holidays means there arent a lot of NFL employees who care to give enough of a poo poo to examine things.

What we know:
- Both penalties could legally have been declined, as per the NFL rulebook.
- FF on Yahoo and ESPN have the play as not counting, Rotoworld has it counting

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 25, 2015

• Locked thread