Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

It's 60 here in MA. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt still sweating my rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
72 in the north Atlanta burbs. Window open, at least its not humid like yesterday. I can't get this second hand machine to post with any sata devices hooked up to it. Hail satan, pass the rum.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Midnight last night:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It was -28*c here at 5am.

gently caress all ya'll

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
My brother got me a Raspberry Pi 2 kit for Christmas, and I'm undecided on what to do with it. My first thought was to use it as a PlayStation emulator and have a shitload of my favorite old PS1 and PS2 games on it.

Kids cleaned up with toys and games and I actually had a pleasant time with my ex while the kids opened their presents from her when I took them home. It's a Christmas miracle!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Mid 60's here in MA and I'm ok with that. Keep the snow away, I didn't buy winter tires yet

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Merry Christmas fuckers. Got a $250 card for Summit. New parts here I come!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I got Fury Road and my water damaged copy of H2G2 replaced, and a small selection of beers. I'm well pleased, now if only I wasn't coming down with something.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cakefool posted:

I got Fury Road and my water damaged copy of H2G2 replaced, and a small selection of beers. I'm well pleased, now if only I wasn't coming down with something.

Start drinking and dull the sick

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ozmiander posted:

Print a template and cut it down.

This works. Did it for my N6.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

This works. Did it for my N6.

Well that's a no go. I haven't used my printer in so long I forgot I was out of ink.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Rhyno posted:

Well that's a no go. I haven't used my printer in so long I forgot I was out of ink.

Find a photo of all the sizes. Zoom the photo until the picture on-screen of the card you have matches the size of your physical card. Cut out the card using the on-screen image of the desired card as a reference.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Find a photo of all the sizes. Zoom the photo until the picture on-screen of the card you have matches the size of your physical card. Cut out the card using the on-screen image of the desired card as a reference.

Get outta my head Charles!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

This works, too. If you compare the forms, you can see that the nanonis pretty much just the contacts. Use the tray from the phone as a template.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I can't drink, I'm driving tomorrow as the M6 is going to be loving mental and my wife is a little timid a driver versus my willingness to let some dipshit put my fender into his door if he wants my space and thinks I'll let him have it just because his bmw is worth more than every car I've ever owned well news for you fuckface I know you'll yield first so think again.

I'm sure this attitude will get me wrecked at some point but it's worked so far.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I'm more than halfway into this bottle of Dr McGillicuddy and still not feeling it yet

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

meatpimp posted:

This works, too. If you compare the forms, you can see that the nanonis pretty much just the contacts. Use the tray from the phone as a template.

It's worth noting that the spec for a nano-SIM is actually slightly thinner than a regular SIM card (by around 15 thou iirc) which can be enough to stop the SIM tray closing without carefully sanding some thickness away. You really should go and get a replacement SIM.

And if your microSIM isn't super new it might have 8 contacts instead of 6 in which case it's too big/old of a chip to cut down :v: but if it's only got the same tiny 6-contact chip area, well the worst you can do is make the SIM unusable, so it's worth a try :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I chopped it up! So far so good!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Went and did the annual christmas skate through the empty mall parking lot with my son and was sweating my rear end off this poo poo is crazy.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

As predicted, holy gently caress am I sore today. I can barely stand up, much less walk.

PaintVagrant posted:

What kind of Xmas swag did you guys score this year? Santa was pretty good to me...got babbies first rolling tool cart (cheapie craftsman but still a huge upgrade). Various gift cards and things, an Arduino kit, some nice booze and a Shinola watch. I don't know much about nice watches, but this is probably the most well-built thing I have ever owned. Beautiful watch. Pretty cool that it is made here in Detroit too.

Nice.

I got... a massive pile of clothes, and a gift card for a restaurant.

The number one thing I always tell my family is "don't get me clothes", because they always buy poo poo I'll never wear. They actually got a couple of shirts I'll wear, and I would wear the pants if they weren't several sizes too large (38x30, I wear between 32 and 34 depending on brand, and should be down to 30 or 32 within another 6 months).

Don't mean to sound ungrateful, but that's been my request for 15 years in a row now. Usually wind up with a couple of shirts, this time it was literally a huge pile.

The restaurant is one of my favorites tho (Torchy's Tacos).

PaintVagrant posted:

I love my mom but its a neverending stream of corrections, complaints, and "ideas" of how I could be doing whatever random household task better.

This, but add "cutting you off mid-sentence anytime you open your mouth" to the list, along with "you need to get a real career, like your father. Go back to college!".

leica posted:

Also we're into record heat for Christmas, first time we've ever had the A/C on :psyduck:

73 right now. Our normal high this time of year is in the 50s. :psyduck:

Then snow on Sunday. :psypop: Our HVAC thermostat is getting whiplash.

Nice board. I know nothing about them anymore though, I've only had Independent trucks on a regular board. Never even stepped on a long board.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just got a whole case of Sierra Nevada glasses and a growler of Steel Rail in a Yankee Swap. Ah yeeeeeee.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
So my in-laws made a 14 pound prime rib for Christmas dinner...

Perfectly done and these philistines are ladling on hot broth to cook it further :ughh:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My aunt decided to invite her neighbors to what was supposed to be a family dinner and basically told me to pick up my cousin (who is in his thirties) than me from his job because he doesn't have a car, can't figure out how to get there by public transport and she can't be bothered. :psyboom:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Another Christmas out of the way. Was a hot day, just over 35C during the day, and a massive bushfire was burning in a part of my state which has destroyed 60 homes.

Thankfully some rain has come through overnight and it is now a nice 12.7C at the moment.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Got some of those Wera laser screwdrivers, some Lego sets, a stack of Amazon GCs, some plane tickets for a family trip next May, and a Logitech G27 (that I bought for myself and stuck under the tree, lol). Oh, and a Raspi2 that I will probably use for my garage (webcam + relays = door opener and monitoring)

I haven't even used the Weras yet but they feel so goddamn nice that I might order some more.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
The 3 year old hopped into the Dune Racer Extreme, yelled to her 1-1/2 year old sister to get in and when she climbed in she must have bumped it into reverse and then took off at full speed backwards into the tv stand. No damage, but I think she poo poo herself. I think this will be an outside toy.

Sveiks! Cheers! Crown and Eggnog! Merry Christmas!

And on the ai side, I am pricing out cams and springs for the LS2 in the Saab. 4" intake, long tubes, cam and dyno tuning should be good for close to 400 whp.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My brother got my wife and I an Archer-themed gift this year -

For the best of times!

Geoj fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 26, 2015

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Got some of those Wera laser screwdrivers,

Trip report: the rest of my straight blade screwdrivers are now just lovely pry bars. Holy poo poo these laser screwdrivers rock. A slotted screw that doesn't try to walk out every turn.

Also that Archer setup would only be better if it came in the dashboard of a classic Dodge.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I got lego, some beer, a beer making kit, rummikub game (it is great!) and a little USB borescope camera, and have had a great day with the family eating far too much food, falling asleep on the sofa and then winning at games.

Bought my sister and my brother in law some classic lego pirate sets off ebay and we built them. So much better than most of the new sets!

You Am I posted:

Thankfully some rain has come through overnight and it is now a nice 12.7C at the moment.

Which is exactly what temp it is here in the UK at 1am in the middle of winter! How strange!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got more Lego Dimensions packs at my moms and CASH.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I got some small stuff like DVDs and books. I think the best present was my uncle finding some tools (like older Craftsman hand tools and sockets) and a bike work stand that my grandpa had left to me before he died. This was also the first year that it clicked with me that I enjoyed giving other people presents more than getting them :3:

Edit: I just realized that I put Fury Road on my Amazon wishlist and no one got it for me. Christmas ruined.

Deeters fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 26, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I may or may not have killed a bottle of McGillicuddys this afternoon..

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm awful to shop for, mostly clothes and cash :v:

actually got some decent swag though this year, in the form of not one but two external phone batteries. My dad just asked if I wanted one and I said yes, then completely independently my mom got me one too. I aint never running out of juice.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

F is For Family is loving hilarious. Love Bill Burr.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
My Xmas gift this year was my wife's positive pregnancy test this morning. I don't feel ready and am scared out of my mind, but we're not getting any younger.

This of you who know me IRL, please keep this to yourselves.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

PaintVagrant posted:

What kind of Xmas swag did you guys score this year? Santa was pretty good to me...got babbies first rolling tool cart (cheapie craftsman but still a huge upgrade). Various gift cards and things, an Arduino kit, some nice booze and a Shinola watch. I don't know much about nice watches, but this is probably the most well-built thing I have ever owned. Beautiful watch. Pretty cool that it is made here in Detroit too.

edit: I also asked for some of these gifts, so I am apparently handout taking Marxist scum :wink:

I got to work, then come home and drink. I don't talk to my family anymore.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

blk posted:

My Xmas gift this year was my wife's positive pregnancy test this morning. I don't feel ready and am scared out of my mind, but we're not getting any younger.

This of you who know me IRL, please keep this to yourselves.

Holy poo poo, congrats!I'm' pretty sure that feeling of being scared is normal.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Drove through some of the tornado damage in N Miss on my way back to Memphis this afternoon. There was about a 1 mile stretch on Hwy 72 of damage - the eastern 1/2 of the mile had a lot of roof, siding, window damage with trees and utility poles snapped in half. The western 1/2 was bad - houses and cars demolished, the shoulders of the highway littered with debris. Roadsigns and mailboxes gone. Utility poles about 5 miles away from the damage were noticeably leaning eastward in the ground.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Geoj posted:

So my in-laws made a 14 pound prime rib for Christmas dinner...

Perfectly done and these philistines are ladling on hot broth to cook it further :ughh:

That looks amazing. drat.

Christmas was good, but a little too quiet. Just the wife and I. I'm used to family gatherings of like 50+ people. Made a huge meal. turkey came out amazing. Brushed it down with seasoned bacon grease - came out so juicy and tasty.

Got some R/C parts, a couple of cool mugs, a stress ball, little cordless screwdriver, and a few other misc. things.

Overall a good day, now I'm drinking rum and eggnog, coffee, and eating pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Holy poo poo, congrats!I'm' pretty sure that feeling of being scared is normal.

Thanks - we're trying to decide if we should get a dog now or just wait until after we have the kid (if the kid sticks; my understanding is there's a 50% chance of miscarriage in the first trimester).

• Locked thread