Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SamBishop posted:

I'm probably doing a bad job of describing it, but the ergonomics of PSVR are light years ahead of any of the strap-mounted setups. All the weight is distributed evenly like a crown at the top of your head, so you can wear the thing for extended periods of time. It's pretty brilliant, honestly.

Have you worn a late-model Rift or Vive? They're both designed to distribute pressure exactly like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

glassyalabolas posted:

So, the Order 1886 is $10 on amazon. Yay or nay?

I'm like the only person I've seen with this opinion but I got it for $60 and loved everything about it. It's a short linear third person cover shooter with amazing production values and great shooting mechanics. It's exactly what you think it is for better or worse. I don't judge games based on their money "value" but $10 seems like a very fair price to see if it's your kind of game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
$10 is the price of a movie ticket and that's basically what you're getting, so if you're OK with that go for it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Order 1886 gave me a new appreciation for Gears of War.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
PSN seems really fast today looks like those hackers were full of poo poo or Sony bought more servers

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

El Hefe posted:

PSN seems really fast today looks like those hackers were full of poo poo or Sony bought more servers

They turned out to actually be 12 year olds. If anything goes slow it'll be from all the new people, Battlefront populations are day-1 large again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

All those battlefront bundles. The Facebook posts:

"YES GOT MY PS4 AND BATTLEFRONT BUNDLE"

*2 hours later*

"Ok battlefront actually sucks gently caress you dice"

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I assumed it was the DDOSers but my Vita can no longer find my PS4 with Remote Play, don't know if that's PSN or maybe we lost power at home(I guess we got some snow).

Anyone else able to get this to work over the Internet?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

I assumed it was the DDOSers but my Vita can no longer find my PS4 with Remote Play, don't know if that's PSN or maybe we lost power at home(I guess we got some snow).

Anyone else able to get this to work over the Internet?
If you lost power (taking the PS4 off of Standby Mode) or the PS4 got turned off some other way or if there is a system update for the PS4, Remote Play won't work.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I only bought Blops 3 a few days ago so I am low level too but the Christmas noobs make things so loving lmao because there are a lot more pubstompers out than any other time I have played so far. My first match today I was joined into a really serious spawn trap on the map with the train.

I actually haven't played all of the maps yet because if you get into a lobby with Combine you will never end up on another map. I haven't played since BO2 how long have they let you infinitely vote for the same map for?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So i just got a ps4 with ffx and stuff. Do i have to use my old ps3 psn name to transfer the data?

And someone said that psn downloaded games, even ps1 classics dont transfer ro ps4. Is that true?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yo Sam is No Man's Sky coming to PSVR because that'd be loving sick. Also just got my new hard drive and am enjoying the irresponsibility of downloading gigs and gigs of games on Christmas morning hrough powerful fiber internet. God bless everyone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is something going on with PSN? I can connect to the PS store on my vita fine and the website says everything is up, but my new PS4 is shooting error messages at me the second I try to connect to the PSN servers, even though when I test its connection to my router it says everything is fine.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its christmas steam is buggy too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

epitasis posted:

yeah but like i said everything's working fine on my vita

is it that nobody cares about the vita

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Philosopher King posted:

So i just got a ps4 with ffx and stuff. Do i have to use my old ps3 psn name to transfer the data?

And someone said that psn downloaded games, even ps1 classics dont transfer ro ps4. Is that true?

You should use your existing account, yes.

Most older PSN games will not work on PS4. This includes PS1/PS2 classics. Only the newer ones made for PS4 will work on PS4.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Philosopher King posted:

Additional to what Magus said, if you have any ps3 digital games that have been remastered for ps4, like Journey, they should be free to download on ps4.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Puddin posted:

Additional to what Magus said, if you have any ps3 digital games that have been remastered for ps4, like Journey, they should be free to download on ps4.

Really? I own FF X digitally on PS3 and it doesn't seem to be free for me on PS4, same for Journey.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

man nurse posted:

Really? I own FF X digitally on PS3 and it doesn't seem to be free for me on PS4, same for Journey.
FFX isn't crossbuy, its more often than not indie stuff that does that

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ah, I see now that Journey and Flower actually do let me download them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

yeah but like i said everything's working fine on my vita

is it that nobody cares about the vita

I care about the vita

but yea probably

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have been waiting on emails from Sony for five hours to verify my email address and sign on to my ps4 for the first time

Shits hosed

E: I know poo poo is hosed because, instead of getting my verification email, I got my confirmation receipt for buying a game on the store using the PS App. I did that at noon, and got the email at five.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So the story goes

Every year

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They just tweeted that they are looking into the account issues, so apparently it's fairly widespread.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Talos principle crashed in the title menus lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I had the verification issues as well but I just hit "resend the email" three or so times and it popped up in a few minutes.

Also I'm an idiot for buying the ps4 on black Friday but waiting until Christmas morning to open it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah you're an idiot for opening a Christmas gift on Chirstmas and expecting it to work

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

sellouts posted:

Yeah you're an idiot for opening a Christmas gift on Chirstmas and expecting it to work

He should've bought an Xbox one!

*mandatory update bricks controller*

*aims air con at power brick on 40 degree boxing day*

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Apologies if this question has been answered previously, but I'm planning on buying a PS4 in the coming days and was wondering: are the bundle PS4s (Uncharted bundle specifically) on the exact same hardware as individual PS4s or are they slightly different? I seem to remember--or think I remember--that Destiny bundle PS4s weren't as up to date as individual PS4s when it came out and was wondering if that's still a thing or if I'm crazy and it was never a thing in the first place.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think that's ever been a thing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Apologies if this question has been answered previously, but I'm planning on buying a PS4 in the coming days and was wondering: are the bundle PS4s (Uncharted bundle specifically) on the exact same hardware as individual PS4s or are they slightly different? I seem to remember--or think I remember--that Destiny bundle PS4s weren't as up to date as individual PS4s when it came out and was wondering if that's still a thing or if I'm crazy and it was never a thing in the first place.

This video covers the differences, but there are 3 models out there right now. 1000(launch,) 1100(last year's model,) and 1200 (the one in this year's bundles.) The changes are mostly power consumption related, but the earlier models have some issues with the eject button not working properly and the 1200 models have physical buttons to fix the problem. It might be Cheeto dust getting in there but probably worth noting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUhYTOoAAsk

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Dehry posted:

This video covers the differences, but there are 3 models out there right now. 1000(launch,) 1100(last year's model,) and 1200 (the one in this year's bundles.) The changes are mostly power consumption related, but the earlier models have some issues with the eject button not working properly and the 1200 models have physical buttons to fix the problem. It might be Cheeto dust getting in there but probably worth noting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUhYTOoAAsk

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Also some of the launch models were gently caress loud. My new one [1200] is gently caress quiet.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Have you worn a late-model Rift or Vive? They're both designed to distribute pressure exactly like that.

Nothing in the last few months. I tried out Vive a while back and have the Rift DK2, but everything I'd seen of both didn't indicate that they'd changed anything. That's cool that they did; having the whole unit be front-weighted (even if it's offset with top/side straps) feels like progress on that front stopped, but PSVR actually feels like everything was considered. Fogging especially is something I've had trouble with on other headsets.

These are all first runs, though, and I'm getting everything when they come out. VR's too goddamn awesome to go with a single solution when they're all trying to figure out what works. I just want to be along for the ride (and maybe, maybe contribute to it).

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm like the only person I've seen with this opinion but I got it for $60 and loved everything about it. It's a short linear third person cover shooter with amazing production values and great shooting mechanics. It's exactly what you think it is for better or worse. I don't judge games based on their money "value" but $10 seems like a very fair price to see if it's your kind of game.

Nope, you're not alone. I dug the hell out of it, and it's still the most impressive looking game I've ever seen. I don't even normally like Victorian London as a setting, but between The Order and AC Syndicate (and, to a lesser extent, Bloodborne), it's made for some really neat games lately. $10 is definitely what I'd recommend the game for, since I know plenty of people rag on it, but that's well worth seeing how impressive the game is technically.

Policenaut posted:

Yo Sam is No Man's Sky coming to PSVR because that'd be loving sick. Also just got my new hard drive and am enjoying the irresponsibility of downloading gigs and gigs of games on Christmas morning hrough powerful fiber internet. God bless everyone.

I haven't been told directly, which is the only reason why I can comment since it's pure personal speculation, but Hello Games have had a Morpheus dev kit for ages now. I think it's a matter of getting the game running at a VR-proper framerate, which at this point is basically 90fps. I think they're more committed to just finishing up the game right now, but I don't think there's anyone at PlayStation that doesn't consider it to be the closest thing (at least that's been announced so far) to a killer app for PSVR if it works perfectly. That's a big if.

Of course, the game's coming to PC eventually...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
VR question not really related to PS4 per se:

If I wear glasses but I can take them off and see my iPhone just fine at a couple inches from my eyes, couldn't it be argued that I could just take them off? Just curious.

I wear glasses 24/7 and need them for basically everything, but if something is like 2 inches from my face I can see just fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

epitasis posted:

Steam's issue wasn't load though, just total incompetence.

Feenix posted:

VR question not really related to PS4 per se:

If I wear glasses but I can take them off and see my iPhone just fine at a couple inches from my eyes, couldn't it be argued that I could just take them off? Just curious.

I wear glasses 24/7 and need them for basically everything, but if something is like 2 inches from my face I can see just fine.

I don't think anyone can really answer that for you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well i didnt know that 50 hours ago mate!!!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think anyone can really answer that for you.

Well maybe, maybe not. I'm asking in the more general sense as a nearsighted glasses wearer. If another like me has tried a VR headset I am just curious if it's possible or likely that some glasses wearers may not have to bother despite what they may have assumed. I assumed I'd have to wear glasses "to see" because it's not often I have a thing inches from my eyes, so you just get used to needing glasses all the time. But something that close may mean many glasses wearers may not have to bother. That would be cool.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

Well maybe, maybe not. I'm asking in the more general sense as a nearsighted glasses wearer. If another like me has tried a VR headset I am just curious if it's possible or likely that some glasses wearers may not have to bother despite what they may have assumed. I assumed I'd have to wear glasses "to see" because it's not often I have a thing inches from my eyes, so you just get used to needing glasses all the time. But something that close may mean many glasses wearers may not have to bother. That would be cool.

Yeah I'm curious about this too. I have really poo poo vision but I also wear contacts so it's sorta a moot point, but since the screen is so close to your eyes you'd think nearsightedness wouldn't interfere with your ability to see it at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

sellouts posted:

It wasn't a Christmas gift ya dingus.... I bought it for myself and just happened to open it on Christmas morning because it was the first break I had had since I bought it.

• Locked thread