Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god are thee improved versions of weapons in the chalice dungeons

Dec 26, 2012

there are versions with different gem slots, i dont think theyre any different otherwise

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh alright then.

E: the dungeon I'm in only goes to three? I thought it was always 5

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

This is a fine note.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

frank.club posted:

Oh alright then.

E: the dungeon I'm in only goes to three? I thought it was always 5

its almost always three layers, but occasionally four

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat micolash. A Christmas miracle!!!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just wanna remind everyone that bloodborne is a loving great game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tfw mergo's clone kills you right as you kill mergo and the game doesn't count it

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
dude, getting to Cainhurst castle is loving weird. How the hell did the carriage and the horses freeze over and how did I even get over the broken bridge leading to the castle

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Moon Presence first try let's go!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh what straight into ng+ gently caress! I was hoping to get into OH dlc right after

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

dude, getting to Cainhurst castle is loving weird. How the hell did the carriage and the horses freeze over and how did I even get over the broken bridge leading to the castle

if you attack the horses while they're at the crossing they vanish into smoke. the whole thing is pretty strange

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

one of the main themes of the game is that your character has lost their loving mind, and gerhman's lines+the DLC heavily imply that everything takes place within several layers of dreams, conjured by great ones, which is why all sorts of bizarre fever dream poo poo happens. like being asked for the password to the woods and opening the door to find a long-dead corpse on duty

man this game is cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres so many ways you can look at it. the implications that the entire game takes place in some weird hell where no one can truly die or leave, which is kind of a throwback to demon souls but its done in such an entirely different unique way. miyazaki is a loving g

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
A hunter is a hunter. Even In a dream. (😱 I love how this line is delivered )

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think that dreams in a powerful enough being become a sort of pocket dimension. it gives it the same gameplay value as the convoluted time aspect of dark souls 1 and 2. it's really just cool dressing for the gameplay of trial and error, but i like it regardless.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

A hunter is a hunter. Even In a dream. (😱 I love how this line is delivered )

micolash is my favourite moment in all of souls :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
awwwwoooooooooooo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
micolash is some win. unsurprisingly the games thread universally hates him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

awwwwoooooooooooo

Lol I love him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The MGSV truck scene but big boss is non chalantly looking around a lovecraftian hellscape while Micolash howls and cackles for 5 minutes

Zodar
May 21, 2007

At first I thought it was weird that you could unlock the DLC so early, when it's intended for post-Yar'ghul characters, but then I realized that you can deathsprint in to grab one of the 5+ new weapons in its first area, within an hour of starting the game. Now I think its really cool, and a nice gesture

e: If you plan on doing this, I'd recommend picking the Hunter's Axe, talking to Alfred in the little church for some Fire Paper, and going far enough into Old Yharnam to get 10k souls and enough bloodstone shards to get the axe to +3. That should give you everything you need to beat Amelia

I wish it was possible to get decent elemental gems without spending hours going through chalice dungeons

Zodar fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 27, 2015

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Are elemental gems only useful on arcane builds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zodar posted:

At first I thought it was weird that you could unlock the DLC so early, when it's intended for post-Yar'ghul characters, but then I realized that you can deathsprint in to grab one of the 5+ new weapons in its first area, within an hour of starting the game. Now I think its really cool, and a nice gesture

e: If you plan on doing this, I'd recommend picking the Hunter's Axe, talking to Alfred in the little church for some Fire Paper, and going far enough into Old Yharnam to get 10k souls and enough bloodstone shards to get the axe to +3. That should give you everything you need to beat Amelia

I wish it was possible to get decent elemental gems without spending hours going through chalice dungeons

Well all 3 starting weapons are great against Amelia but the cleaver's on top imo. Another plus to the hunter's nightmare being available after her is that is has a bunch of chunks so you can get a +8 or +9 weapon way earlier than you can without the dlc.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone done HN in ng+? I know I read or heard that the game front loads all the biggest hp increases and tapers off toward the later game stuff. How much worse is everything in the dlc lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Everything hits hard and gives an embarrassing amount of souls. A particular giant mob gives 10k in ng ++ (where I need 250k to level)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Has anyone done HN in ng+? I know I read or heard that the game front loads all the biggest hp increases and tapers off toward the later game stuff. How much worse is everything in the dlc lol

I've only done it on NG+\++\+++ and it's pretty tough but I don't have anything to compare it to since I never did it on ng

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh alright. I'm level 85 right now as a strength character. I'm almost at the soft cap (40?) on that stat too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

Oh alright. I'm level 85 right now as a strength character. I'm almost at the soft cap (40?) on that stat too.

50's the soft cap for Strength, Skill, Bloodtinge and Arcane. Also vitality I think but I've yet to raise a character to 50 VIT, probably should do that when I get back into doing chalices.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ppl will raise vit to 99 to be able to take that extra hit in pvp. gotta win baby

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm gonna grind a little more echoes before I head in

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

ppl will raise vit to 99 to be able to take that extra hit in pvp. gotta win baby

I've never even been invaded

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I've never even been invaded

It can generally only happen if you are looking to do it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pvp in bloodborne is all 1v1 duels in nightmare frontier or an agreed chalice at lv. 120 because invading someone is impossible

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

vit-gouge builds in pre-dlc dark souls were the worst poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They need to bring back the scraping spear pronto

Dec 26, 2012

the scraping spear was the best

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

They need to bring back the scraping spear pronto

Was that the one that stole humanity or stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark souls 2 had something similar with the acid bombs which were pretty fun