Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

It's a Christmas miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What song is that before PC starts doing his thing, it's driving me crazy. I think it's from an RPG?

Also god drat was that worth the FF7 suffering

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rodyle posted:

What song is that before PC starts doing his thing, it's driving me crazy. I think it's from an RPG?

Also god drat was that worth the FF7 suffering

To be quite honest I've been fine with FF7 and the Season Finale was really good for that in my books.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Amazing episode. I am so down for Perfect Cell.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Onmi posted:

To be quite honest I've been fine with FF7 and the Season Finale was really good for that in my books.

Yeah, FF7 Abridged is actually quite good after the first couple episodes. Kind of like DBZA was.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That "Follow the Blood" bit from episode 10 was rather creepy, as well as the weird dream sequence.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mraagvpeine posted:

That "Follow the Blood" bit from episode 10 was rather creepy, as well as the weird dream sequence.

Honestly much like everyone Taka voices, Red is Amazing and sells everything

"Status Report: Where. Do I. Begin?"
"I'm going to miss this place, I had a lot of sex here."
"I will go with you spikey blond man, because I have no idea where I am"

Is it still at current DBZA levels? Nope. But that's a really loving high bar.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How loving sincere and enthusiastic Goku is about getting Gohan SSJ and how he KNOWS Gohan is gonna murder Cell dead is super endearing and almost excuses the bullshit he's going to pull later on.

Also yeah, FF7 had a rough start with more miss than hits, but it rapidly got better- once we got to the cross dressing segment, it was pretty much on a roll and only got better every episode. Its finale was fantastic.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's very much still worth getting even without that. You can probably get most things anyways, just...might take some time if the RNG turns against you. Still, everything connected to masters and the shop can be gotten no matter what, and stuff will drop anyways, so it's not that big of a deal. So long as you never want Super Vegeta.

just so y'know, I just got super vegeta on my second try

I wasn't even going for it; I just wanted to complete a mission so I could level up

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FUTURE KICK

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really liked the new DBZA. The reprise of "what ya doing? Thwarting my plans?!" was good, as was the character work on everyone.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Steven Universe reference at the beginning made me smile, as did Perfect Cell's song.

Fitting we get a little diddy for both SS Gohan and Perfect Cell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

just so y'know, I just got super vegeta on my second try

I wasn't even going for it; I just wanted to complete a mission so I could level up

That's an incredible amount of luck. Between how terrible that mission is, and the RNG barriers to get to it, I'm surprised. I didn't get it until the post-game, since Super Vegeta 2 is far easier to get anyways (even if it is probably worse due to higher Ki drain when Super Saiyan's main use is infinite Ki).

I hope you're using a Ki Saiyan to get some use out of it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
It never ceases to amaze me how they menage to weave actual character development into their silly parody. "That's a new feeling, pride in someone else."
Unfortunately, it's overshadowed by all THIS UNYIELDING RAGE!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeah, FF7 Abridged is actually quite good after the first couple episodes. Kind of like DBZA was.

I think "Thunderhead" is what sold me on it.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Steven Universe reference at the beginning made me smile, as did Perfect Cell's song.

Aw man, I thought it was just some cute dumb song Goku made up for his son. That kind of cheapens it. Though I suppose it's in-character. Abridged Goku is exactly the kind of retard that would enjoy Steven Universe.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
dragon ball z: extreme butoden isn't great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well yeah

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The pixel art is beautiful, though.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the fact that dr. gero isn't playable but loving bardock is is a crime

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

alcharagia posted:

the fact that dr. gero isn't playable but loving bardock is is a crime

one of these characters is roughly 1000% more popular than the other (and the first one isn't gero)

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rodyle posted:

Yeah, I want to know, too. Though I am pretty sure it's not video game music, I think I gave heard it somewhere else. It does have a very classical anime feel to it. Since he transforms, maybe some Magical Girl series?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Blockhouse posted:

one of these characters is roughly 1000% more popular than the other (and the first one isn't gero)

also a crime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bardock being popular at all is a crime

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
its cool in supersonic warriors 2 when bardock shows up for one fight and is like "hey son wanna go conquer earth?" and goku's like "sorry daddy but i'm not that evil" and that's the only time bardock appears

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

e X posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how they menage to weave actual character development into their silly parody. "That's a new feeling, pride in someone else."
Unfortunately, it's overshadowed by all THIS UNYIELDING RAGE!
I'm impressed how they managed to keep their version of Vegeta fresh, that pride line was my favorite moment of the episode.
Can't wait until their Final Flash; I expect them to reference Cell's Oh poo poo! in the German dub.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

its cool in supersonic warriors 2 when bardock shows up for one fight and is like "hey son wanna go conquer earth?" and goku's like "sorry daddy but i'm not that evil" and that's the only time bardock appears

It's cool, that's not even Bardock anymore he's a family man who cares about his wife and child

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That Dragonball Omake or whatever at the end of Jaco's tankobon was atrocious, even if it did introduce Goku's mom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is the only black mark on what is an otherwise perfect product

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That Dragonball Omake or whatever at the end of Jaco's tankobon was atrocious, even if it did introduce Goku's mom.

Well, she terrible too, so it's a good fit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

e X posted:

Well, she terrible too, so it's a good fit.

Yeah, I kind of realised moments after I posted that it's not actually any kind of redeeming thing at all that Goku's got a mom now.

gently caress that chapter. (Baby Goku looking out of his pod is cute even if it makes no sense)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i miss supersonic warriors 2. that was a good-rear end game, where dr. gero was one of the most overpowered characters when you got good at grabs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Ginyu Force teaming up with Meta Cooler and making a whole new team that poses is great

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Abridged Goku is exactly the kind of retard that would enjoy Steven Universe.

:rolleyes:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, I kind of realised moments after I posted that it's not actually any kind of redeeming thing at all that Goku's got a mom now.

saiyans reproduce asexually????

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Meanwhile, in Dragon Ball Heroes...

Chronoa, the young Supreme Kai of Time, and Demigra are added to the mix.

Baby Hatchiyak.

And last but not least...

Super Saiyan Gods.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Aw man, I thought it was just some cute dumb song Goku made up for his son. That kind of cheapens it. Though I suppose it's in-character. Abridged Goku is exactly the kind of retard that would enjoy Steven Universe.

I think you will find that it is you who is cheap/retarded.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

Meanwhile, in Dragon Ball Heroes...

Chronoa, the young Supreme Kai of Time, and Demigra are added to the mix.

Baby Hatchiyak.

And last but not least...

Super Saiyan Gods.

I am always super bummed that there is no market for DB Heroes here. I really want to play it.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah I was sure they'd cheap out with the lol goku is a bad dad lol tired joke they love but it actually turned out a lot better.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well it isn't a joke as much as reality.

Besides the bad daddin is coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well it isn't a joke as much as reality.

Besides the bad daddin is coming soon.

actually you'll find if you watched this part in the original he's a good dad.

e:

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_super/007/3141/1

Kild fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 27, 2015

• Locked thread