Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope that there's no story or voice acting at all

I got some bad news, bucko, but like the first game, there's Classic Mode which skips all the story cutscenes in favor of a straight 16 bit experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
honestly rather have had them start bb and then cut to third strike since that would at least be a watchable video

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Badblue

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I like Blazblue but this is like getting an extra podcast so I ain't mad.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Thank you, Zaibatsu, for saving Christmas.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like blazblue a lot but man is a raw spite fisticuffs the best christmas video possible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pat talking about the constable guy's "obviously Solaire inspired bucket helmet" made me sigh audibly. I bet he wasn't just saying that and he actually believes it.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

CJacobs posted:

Matt, I like the Why I Like The Thing video. You should make more of those.

I will! Gotta find the right games/things to do it on though. So I think they'll be a once in a while type thing.

BB fans need to get a sense of humor. It was woolie's idea, but we all thought it was good for a laugh, and we'll probably do versus mode someday.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 26, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The amount of real salt from the blazeblu fans could power that robot to the edge of space

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As someone that hates blazblue mechanically, I was just disappointed that was the payoff.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It would have been more funny without calling attention to it, I think. Just continue conversations like the fight didn't even happen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

BB fans need to get a sense of humor. It was woolie's idea, but we all thought it was good for a laugh, and we'll probably do versus mode someday.
I actually like watching you guys play fighting games whatever they may be though, nothing to do with blazblue. It's just a bummer that a fisticuffs was sacrificed for a gag

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I actually like watching you guys play fighting games whatever they may be though, nothing to do with blazblue. It's just a bummer that a fisticuffs was sacrificed for a gag

I was saying to Woolie (after the fact) that the better way to have done this, would have been to have started a game of BB, and faked it crashing, and putting a "your disc is dirty or damaged" message, then just went back to Third Strike.

Cuz then people would get to see Third Strike.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
There's no actual reason to show Calamity Trigger anyway, I imagine the eventual real BlazBlue video will be whatever the most recent or most well liked version is. I don't think anybody likes CT.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

I was saying to Woolie (after the fact) that the better way to have done this, would have been to have started a game of BB, and faked it crashing, and putting a "your disc is dirty or damaged" message, then just went back to Third Strike.

It's a good gag don't get me wrong but I think I'd have liked your plan better. Because gently caress yeah, Third Strike

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
BlazBlue video 10/10, always down for more 3S though.

Matt, curious about what compression you're using since there was a lot of clipping in the audio in that episode? Sorry if you're aware of it already.

E: That dislike bar :sharpton:

Who could have such a lust for revenge?

DPM fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 26, 2015

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Save that gag for when you finally do Ultimax.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Best Friends riding into 2016 on a wave of salt

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

DumbparameciuM posted:

BlazBlue video 10/10, always down for more 3S though.

Matt, curious about what compression you're using since there was a lot of clipping in the audio in that episode? Sorry if you're aware of it already.

E: That dislike bar :sharpton:

Who could have such a lust for revenge?

You'd have to ask Woolie. Brand new mics he bought, he edited the video, so I don't know. Sorry.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Pat talking about the constable guy's "obviously Solaire inspired bucket helmet" made me sigh audibly. I bet he wasn't just saying that and he actually believes it.

uh he's not wrong

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh man that's loving awesome, if you get a bat during a fight as Shinada in Yakuza 5 he says something presumably about not disrespecting bats and puts it on the ground where it despawns

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really enjoyed the troll video of BlazBlue haha.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Blazblue video owns if only because lots of nerds are super butthurt about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Instead of skipping the battles, it should've been third strike while pretending it's blazblue.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Oh man, imagine if it was just their reactions to BB with footage of 3S.

Or vice-versa.

I still think cutting to about an hour of S3 would have been the ideal, but whatever. People getting mad over this is still great.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
So what's the reason behind the Best Friends's dislike of Blazblue? They seem to like Guilty Gear and BB was made because Arc System couldn't work on GG anymore, so I don't understand their attitude.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I made the mistake of scrolling through the BlazBlue comments, wow what a bunch of butthurt babies. Reminds me a lot of the crying over Walking dead 2.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So when's Naruto?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As someone who enjoys Blazblue that video's really funny. It helps that Blazblue's story is so far up its own rear end it's hard not to roll my eyes at it with every new iteration.

Tell Woolie that Jin sucks though and he's bad for liking him

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Love Annie May posted:

So what's the reason behind the Best Friends's dislike of Blazblue? They seem to like Guilty Gear and BB was made because Arc System couldn't work on GG anymore, so I don't understand their attitude.

That's not why BB was made at all and BB is a poor replacement for GG, so this is a bit disingenuous.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Looks like all the new characters in Freedom Planet 2 are being voiced by professionals (specifically a bunch of Funimation people including Christopher "half of DBZ" Sabat and Lindsay Jones from RWBY)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SBFP hates Blazblue because it's both more successful competitively and financially than their shill game Killer Instinct.

also cause it's a bad gg ripoff with worse mechanics but

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt any of them give a flying gently caress about how Blazblue actually plays when DBFC is considered a good game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is it really a ripoff when you already make the thing it's ripping off

there has to be a better word for that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baal posted:

I doubt any of them give a flying gently caress about how Blazblue actually plays when DBFC is considered a good game

How "cool" something is is like 99% of what the best friends care about. Whether that's an endearing trait or an annoying one varies from person to person and situation to situation.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

is it really a ripoff when you already make the thing it's ripping off

there has to be a better word for that

The team that works on BB is completely separate from the GG team. They are both in-house teams, but Yoshimichi Mori was a dev on Guilty Gear and even provided one of the voices for a character. That being said, Blazblue rips off more from 90s anime and lovely sci-fi than it does Guilty Gear, but it's obvious Mori was heavily inspired by his time working on GG.

Blockhouse posted:

How "cool" something is is like 99% of what the best friends care about. Whether that's an endearing trait or an annoying one varies from person to person and situation to situation.

That's fine and I don't particularly mind it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

SBFP hates Blazblue because it's both more successful competitively and financially than their shill game Killer Instinct.

Someone is a little salty. I enjoyed that spiteful video to the max. The comments were worth it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dias was being facetious

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

Dias was being facetious

Been reading way too many YT quotes, but I"m just busting balls. :v: Kinda figured when he used the word shill.

To further go on about that video, I thought it was more along the fanbase wouldn't shut up about them not playing BlazBlue.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Dias was being facetious

Well, I do think KI sucks but yeah. X I'm salty they didn't spend an hour practicing reverse beat strings tho. :((