Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm waiting for them to make any kind of awesome competitive deck that's not Warrior/Dragon/Spellcaster/Fiend/Machine based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Buster blader tried to be anti-dragon before anti-dragon was cool, yo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They did an anti-Dragon fairy already anyway, sort of.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Victoria

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

They did an anti-Dragon fairy already anyway, sort of.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Victoria

I'm sick of all these anti-dragon liberals coming here with their fairy-tales. :bahgawd:

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Mysticblade posted:

Maha, it's kind of hard to find one on the DS/PSP without both. I'm just going to recommend Tag Force Special on the PSP. It has an english menu + card patch, it has no D-Wheels. Tag Duels are there for significant plot events sadly but it's still a recent enough game to have Nekroz in it.

Thanks, gonna give this a shot! If it's still too gimmicky for me I guess I can always go back to the GBA games.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
so I kinda want to get into this again, does anyone have any suggestions for a deck that's not only reasonably effective, but also relatively simple to use, and has a theme to it?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Everyone will say Skull Servants.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

Everyone will say Skull Servants.

well I meant a full deck list, cause I'm terrible at looking up that sort of thing, and is that a legitimately good deck type, or some kind of joke(a quick glance over at the wiki indicates that the "Wight" series is decently developed, but I can't tell if it's any good in the current meta)?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

well I meant a full deck list, cause I'm terrible at looking up that sort of thing, and is that a legitimately good deck type, or some kind of joke(a quick glance over at the wiki indicates that the "Wight" series is decently developed, but I can't tell if it's any good in the current meta)?

Skull servants are fun but they are completely useless in the current meta. If you're interested in making a competitive deck I can do a write up for you, but be prepared to lay out low three figures for a cheap meta deck (100-200), and higher three figures for a top tier deck (600-the sky).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Skull servants are fun but they are completely useless in the current meta. If you're interested in making a competitive deck I can do a write up for you, but be prepared to lay out low three figures for a cheap meta deck (100-200), and higher three figures for a top tier deck (600-the sky).

well for the moment this would just be for YGOPro/DevPro, also I don't need a Tournament winning deck, just one that won't get stomped too hard by people who are much better acquainted with the game in it's current form(last played even semi-regularly shortly before Synchro was introduced), so basically something that's good but not complicated, and I definitely want to avoid the sort of decks that are One Turn KO types, cause that just isn't fun at all

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, if cost isn't an issue, one option is Kosmos. They're one of the top-tier decks currently, and their theme is "Wizard of Oz + Star Wars", with their witches summoning up spaceships from hyperspace to blow monsters to bits.

My personal pet deck is Rock Stun, which is "sand and rock monsters clog up everyone and everything and keep you from doing poo poo while they pound on you", but they can be tricky not so much because they're complicated as because their interactions with some of the more complicated decks get... weird.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kaijus are you want in your life man.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My pet deck is Ultra Athletes, whose gimmick is "At the end of the inning (main phase), you swap them out."

Here's a deck profile. I haven't watched it (and I'm at work so I can't grab my own deck profile), so I don't know how great it actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3Bmrhzs0E

Another deck I like is Aqua Actresses, which is fish who utilize proper stagework to become powerful. (The 300 Attack Level 1 Guppy can get up to 5400 using just archetype cards)

Again, deck profile I haven't watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7DxBhNRdHo

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Not a suggestion because as far as I know they've always been awful but I really like the Venom stuff. It's hard but summoning a 5000+ ATK literal deity that is near impossible to kill is great. Plus I like the theme of wear your opponent down until they die a slow death, and if that isn't working call for divine intervention and pray it works.

What I'm saying is they need to make more venom cards. I mean you could easily make a thematically appropriate set of priest/esses as pendulum monsters.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Venom is seriously the coolest theme with the coolest boss monster. I guess it's a LITTLE better now because King of the Feral Imps? But yeah they should go back to it and make some legacy support.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
If you want to get adjusted to what the game will be like in a Month, I suggest either Pendulum Magicians OR Performapals + Performages (Will be tier 1, if not 0 when the next set comes out in January).

Or if you are an anti-fun haver and just want to win, there is Floodgate.dek Qliphort :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So which massive nerd would want to buy my plushfire at exorbitant prices.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So which massive nerd would want to buy my plushfire at exorbitant prices.

Literally a common. I'll give you....1 penny.

You can pay the shipping costs. :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

support Konami

Now I'm REALLY wondering why people buy cards.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shiranui Shaddolls are my new jam, yo.

This guy surrendered while I was in the middle of a big play.

Using Mezuki to bring back Shaddoll Fusion monsters is fun, as is using Falco to make the Shiranui Synchros.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Well he was also playing psyframes, which aren't very good themselves.

EDIT: zombie world + mezuki/book of life seems really strong though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Psyframes are annoying as poo poo to play against, though.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
More of the new Moon-Light archetype have been revealed!They actually look like they are going to be pretty cool to play with, konami seems to be doing a pretty good job with the anime decks.

Dexie posted:

Shiranui Shaddolls are my new jam, yo.

This guy surrendered while I was in the middle of a big play.

Using Mezuki to bring back Shaddoll Fusion monsters is fun, as is using Falco to make the Shiranui Synchros.

Mind sharing a decklist? this sounds like fun to play.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Psyframes are annoying as poo poo to play against, though.

Literally the best archetype.

"Oh you thought you were doing something this turn? gently caress you."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Warning: The D/D structure deck has been added to YGOPro so EVERYONE is playing D/Ds now. That deck is going to be high tiered, mark my words. D/D/D Siegfried is an insane thing.

Koguma posted:

Well he was also playing psyframes, which aren't very good themselves.

EDIT: zombie world + mezuki/book of life seems really strong though.

He opened Psyframe Circuit, which was hard as hell to play around.

Quincytbb posted:

Mind sharing a decklist? this sounds like fun to play.

I took it from some no-name YGO channel I found while I was looking into Shiranui. It needs some work (mainly needs better backrow hate in it, and the extra deck needs some work). If you make any tweaks or changes, let me know so I can try them?

I'm probably going to cut down on the Uni-Zombies, too. I haven't gotten much use out of them at all.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what's the cheapest competitive deck you can make nowadays

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Infernoid. Or Burning Abyss.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Tellarknights are unpopular, but they have more tops than anything other than Kozmo/PePe this format and can be found for super cheap. You'll need some pricey tech cards to complete it however (Time-space trap hole and anti-spell fragrance).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I think I honestly hate D/D now. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Moon-Lights are a really fun casual deck, and I've had a blast messing around with them on YGOPro this weekend.

Yes, I realize the irony of me playing a catgirl deck. :v:

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

bowmore posted:

Right now probably pendulum magicians since you just need to buy 3 of the master of pendulum structure deck, which would be around 30 bucks. Except you would still need so shell out a bit for odd eyes fusion, and odd eyes vortex dragon. Another alternative would be the monarch structure deck which releases in january. I dont think you need any extra cards for that so you could just get 3 of those structure decks together for a very good deck.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I thoroughly enjoy Moon-Lights, though I suck at deckbuilding so my deck is awful.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

I thoroughly enjoy Moon-Lights, though I suck at deckbuilding so my deck is awful.

I haven't even bothered making a 'real' deck yet. I'm running three of everything plus three Bear/Tenki/Tensu and a bunch of staple backrow.

I'll wait until we get closer to SHVI and see if we're getting the three missing cards or not before I build the deck for real.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

bowmore posted:

Wait a month, then you'll have Monarchs.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Raid Raptors might finally be good now.

If you can't break 3500 attack with your deck, then hahaha you can't beat Ultimate Falcon, which the deck can make fairly consistently, especially with the buffs Last Strix got going from the anime to the real game.

I guess anything is good if you throw enough support at it. Except for Mecha Phantom Beasts. They'll never be good.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 22, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's time. :stare:

Elf no Sei Kenshi (Literally Elven Holy Swordsman, TCG would be “Celtic Sacred Guard” or so such)
Level 4 EARTH Warrior-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2100
DEF 700
(This card is always treated as “Celtic Guardian”)
(1) If you have 1 or more cards in your hand, this card cannot attack
(2) Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Celtic Guard” monster from your hand.
(3) When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent due to it attacking: You can draw cards equal to the number of “Celtic Guard” monsters you control.

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-new-duel-mat-set/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So it's a 2100 ATK monster with two giant upsides and one downside? Yu-Gi-Oh is dumb.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I hope you're not JUST now realizing that. :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dexie posted:

I hope you're not JUST now realizing that. :v:

Haven't played since the last DS game came out. If that Legacy of the Duelist game was released for Steam or Android I'd probably play it, but it looks like I'm just not. Konami appears to have looked at the concept of 'power creep' and figured they could do that better than anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Hellsau posted:

Haven't played since the last DS game came out. If that Legacy of the Duelist game was released for Steam or Android I'd probably play it, but it looks like I'm just not. Konami appears to have looked at the concept of 'power creep' and figured they could do that better than anyone else.

Half the reason I quit the game recently right there.

• Locked thread