Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh well there's always next christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
santa plz free gucci tia

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
oh gently caress maybe a leprechaun will do it in march

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
[img]http://i.imgur.com/d2ZFyNS.png][/img]

I AM BRAWW fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 26, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yq_qpLINfQ

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I'm thoroughly enjoying Pusha T's prelude album. Tons of experimental beats that at first I would not associate with Pusha, but he makes them work. Lovin' F.I.F.A , though it's not the best song on the album.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Anyone know where to find S.T 2 lettaz mixtappes?

FOUND IT : https://st2lettaz.bandcamp.com/album/r-e-b-e-l

Buller fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 26, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Can of Cloud posted:

I'm thoroughly enjoying Pusha T's prelude album. Tons of experimental beats that at first I would not associate with Pusha, but he makes them work. Lovin' F.I.F.A , though it's not the best song on the album.

the only problem with this album is too many words and punctuations in the title

Pusha T - King Push - Darkest before Dawn: The Prelude

is all that really necessary

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJZzERnN0Oc

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
What Waka Flocka tapes are good? I've only heard flockaveli 1.5

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Robert Analog posted:

Fire Squad Remix that is coming out on the mythical I Can't Rap Vol 2.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Robert Analog posted:

I have every tape he made, it's all the same. Salute Me volumes are his most known mixtapes I think.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Robert Analog posted:

I can't rap was solid. Duflocka rant 1 & halftime show were solid (stereotype is one of my fav Waka songs).

Flockaveli's the best trap album ever in case you've never heard that.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

thathonkey posted:

the only problem with this album is too many words and punctuations in the title

Pusha T - King Push - Darkest before Dawn: The Prelude

is all that really necessary

True. :laugh: But it shouldn't take away how good the album is.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
FLEX FLEX FLEX FLEX

BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW

SQUAD!!!

BR BR BR BRIIIIIIICK SQUUUUUUUAD

FLOOOOOCKAAAAAAAA

gently caress I love his ad-libs

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
MAMA DEAD
BROTHER DEAD
AUNTIE GOT H.I.V.
LORD CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE THIS RAGE OUT OF ME?

Some of the strongest emotion ever in a song

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Thanks for the recommendations guys :cheers:

alansmithee posted:

Flockaveli's the best trap album ever in case you've never heard that.

I actually have not I have to now with praise like that

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
i met my girlfriend in a graveyard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVpnvoDTEcU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
gently caress it. i got time. my best of 2015 awards. i'm limiting myself to one future album and one future track or else most of it would be future and where's the fun in that?

Top 5 Projects of 2015

1) Future - Beast Mode (and 56 Nights, and DS2)

Future's first project to drop ended up being my favorite and undoubtedly my most listened to album. Clocking in at just under 30 minutes it's short, skit-less, and never drops below a B+. Ohhhhh, Lay Up, Ainchu, Pea Coat, Just Like Bruddas and Real Sisters are all stand out tracks and that is over half of the entire track list. This is without a doubt Future's year, and all 3 of his projects have been stellar efforts. Emphatically recommended.

2) Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo and Youth

The very first album I listened to this year and an enduring favorite. Thematically linked by an instrumental rendition of the passing seasons, Lupe rappity raps his rear end off over a collection of extremely clean (though I've heard some say sterile) beats and it doesn't fall much short of being absolutely mesmerizing. Mural, Prisoners 1 & 2 and Adoration of the Magi are all great places to start if you're wondering if this might be for you, but I can say without reservation that it is absolutely for me. Extremely good poo poo.

3) Young Thug - Barter 6 (though honestly, a frankentape of B6, SS 1 and 2)

Good year for Thugger, I love a lot of Slime Season 1 & 2 but as a cohesive whole he peaked this year with Barter 6. Check is actually the song that made me 'get' Thugger, and it's one of my favorite tracks of the year. It's basically just him slurring and leaning over London on da Track beats but it's seriously loving good. Check out Check and Halftime and if you like it, get among it.

4) The Dopplegangaz - Parts Unknown

I almost left this off the list on account of it not being particularly cool or important release in an absolute monster year for rap, but I'd just be lying to myself. I've listened to this a lot. I'm listening to it right now. Scintilla is on my track of the year list below and the rest is just good music - effortless raps in their wholly original, almost inimitable style. Put it on and let it run. It's a beautiful little project.

5) Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt

This would actually be higher if it hadn't just be released. It's a haunting album from an absolute master of the game and infinitely listenable. loving up the Count is a modern classic and Freddy Gordy is a disturbingly naked look at a guy with an extremely turbulent passed. Honestly though it's all so, so good and if you haven't hosed with it yet you're doing yourself an extreme disservice. Insanely good music.

Honorable mentions: Pusha T - King Push - Darkest Before the Dawn: The Prelude (would probably make the list if it wasn't literally days old). The Underachievers - Evermore: The Art of Duality. Mac Miller - GO:OD AM.

Top 5 Tracks of 2015

1) Future - March Madness

The best track on an album full of bangers, Future delivers an infinitely listenable rap over one of the sickest bass lines I've ever heard. The second verse is one of the best verses I've ever heard, period. I can't adequately articulate how sick this track is so I'll just let it speak for itself. What an achievement.

2) Meek Mill featuring Big Sean and ASAP Ferg - B Boy

What a loving track! This beat just gets your head straight nodding but what really makes this track is Sean's verse. It's one of the best verses of the year and he absolutely steals this track from Meek who is without a doubt the weakest. It would go a long way to explaining why it didn't make Meek's album but I maintain that he's an absolute dickhead for not including it, it's my favorite Meek song ever.

3) The Dopplegangaz - Scintilla

One of the catchiest hooks of the year, and a fantastic video.

4) Fat Trel - All Day (Gleesh Mix)

Fat Trel takes the beat and makes it his own. Clocking in well under 3 minutes it's an insanely more-ish song that you could just leave on repeat forever. If he released an entire album with just this song 25 times I'd buy it. Everyone who has heard this song will click the link and listen to this track again at the mere mention of it, and if by chance you haven't heard it, enjoy, no need to thank me. How long you gently caress that stripper bitch from Memphis?

5) Freddie Gibbs - loving up the Count

Haunting. Good.

Honorable mentions: Young Thug - Check. Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta. The Underachievers - Moon Shot. Lupe Fiasco - Mural. Vince Staples - Senorita. Future - News or Something.

e: pretend i put asap rocky - alla in the honorable mentions list. it's loving great

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 28, 2015

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Beast mode is the poo poo, agreed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Robert Analog posted:

Beast mode is the poo poo, agreed.

yeah i think we're in the minority thinking it's future's best effort this year but i absolutely love it. on the subject of flocka, i liked i can't rap better than flockavelli, check them both out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh and old future did a video clip for stick talk, my favorite track on ds2 that wasn't blow a bag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXGORPXI6QQ

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Help me NMD, where does this go? As far as I can tell it's "trap" but I think there is not a trap thread but there's certainly a hip hop influence in the song so that's why I'm asking here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRBeGRTpdc

I want to find things similar to this (Google Play Music is not doing a particularly good job with this) so that's why I'm looking for an appropriate thread.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

Help me NMD, where does this go? As far as I can tell it's "trap" but I think there is not a trap thread but there's certainly a hip hop influence in the song so that's why I'm asking here.

I want to find things similar to this (Google Play Music is not doing a particularly good job with this) so that's why I'm looking for an appropriate thread.

nobody will be able to help you here.

there was this thread that got closed because it was a piece of poo poo http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688043&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

good luck

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
i got a top 10

1. Future - 56 Nights
2. A$AP Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$AP
3. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
4. The Game - The Documentary 2.5
5. Pusha T - Darkest Before Dawn
6. Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo and Youth
7. Future - DS2
8. Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt
9. Vince Staples - Summertime 06
10. Scarface - Deeply Rooted

honorable mentions to young thug, maxo kream, gunplay, jazz cartier, denzel curry, father, lum, and a bunch of others who made 2015 a good rap year

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ol yeller posted:

2. A$AP Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$AP

god drat it i knew i forgot something

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Marching Powder posted:

there was this thread that got closed because it was a piece of poo poo http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688043&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

good luck

Okay thanks. I tried.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Marching Powder posted:

god drat it i knew i forgot something

dont forget the honorable mentions as well as earl, pimp c, billy woods, and audio push. 2015 was the best rap year since 2012

e: also good work remembering fat trel, hes 3 for 3 on great tapes since sdmg

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

toe knee hand posted:

it would probably go in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3238075&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=229

its not really jersey club enough to go in the uk bass thread, so the electro/whatever thread would probably be best

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

good luck

i can help them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i flunked out posted:

i can help them

oh. i hope he comes back and sees this.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I came back.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I never really left.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
listening to wayne's run from drought 1 to no ceilings its still hard to believe that somebody so good at rapping, with such a great ear for beats and flows, could make so many horrible songs for so long. the only other comparable falloff would be jay-z from 96-03 vs jay from 06-now but even that doesnt compare even remotely to how suddenly and extremely weezy became dogshit

e: oh yeah forgot about 50. thats one of the most dramatic. also dont even mention eminem because even his best album has its share of bullshit

ol yeller fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 28, 2015

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

i flunked out posted:

it would probably go in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3238075&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=229

its not really jersey club enough to go in the uk bass thread, so the electro/whatever thread would probably be best
Thanks. So I'm curious, I assume Jersey does not refer to the Channel Island (I mean maybe it does but I actually know Jersey the Channel Island quite well and it's no club hotspot), so why is Jersey club associated with the UK?

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 28, 2015

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

toe knee hand posted:

Thanks. So I'm curious, I assume Jersey does not refer to the Channel Island, so why is Jersey club associated with the UK?

jersey club is an outgrowth of baltimore club, and, being hiphop-influenced high speed electronic music, bears a slight historical resemblance to grime/uk bass

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I love Freddie Gibbs but i can't get past the 2 first tracks on Shadow of Doubt, just too boring for me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Buller posted:

I love Freddie Gibbs but i can't get past the 2 first tracks on Shadow of Doubt, just too boring for me.

Then start from track 3 next time?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Yea i might as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

Thanks. So I'm curious, I assume Jersey does not refer to the Channel Island (I mean maybe it does but I actually know Jersey the Channel Island quite well and it's no club hotspot), so why is Jersey club associated with the UK?

Jersey club isn't like UK Bass at all and doesn't belong there. Basically its kicks every 1/4 beat and repeated vocal samples. It originates from black clubs in Jersey, nothing to do with the UK. Unique and Brenmar are both known for jersey. Maybe like 1% of the stuff could go in the UK bass thread but mostly a no. If you want trap/jersey, reddit is actually good for it, but just as a content aggregator not for opinions obviously.