Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
I've played before in the past but highest level is 22, playing as Esunah 20enc, Totenkopf 22sk, or Revelations 19 clr.

SK isn't terribly geared, I worked the market for about a month and was able to gear them up, but that was probably back in 2010 or something. I usually play past 9pm est.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

been playing on red lately. Anyone still on that server

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I got a friend who wants to play, so I'll probably start back up again on my 40-ish enchanter.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Erdricks posted:

I got a friend who wants to play, so I'll probably start back up again on my 40-ish enchanter.

on red?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Yeah, he's on red.

I've been wanting to play again, but I dunno to what end. I probably can't commit to a rigorous endgame raiding schedule, little motivation to hit 60 without something to do.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

FranktheBank posted:

Yeah, he's on red.

I've been wanting to play again, but I dunno to what end. I probably can't commit to a rigorous endgame raiding schedule, little motivation to hit 60 without something to do.

Personally, I think I just want to explore some zones I've never done and check out some evil things. Thankfully, as an enchanter, I can get away with that without rerolling.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

^ pretty much this.

the "resistance" side doesn't understand some very simple things that empire does: there aren't a lot of good players on this server and experienced ones are always quitting. you can never create the fantasy guild of 50 elite poopsocker neckbeards. or, you can't run an everquest guild like a warcraft guild.

if they ever want to get anywhere, they have to learn that you have to take new players who just hit 50-56 or whatever and get them immersed into the game. make them want to log in. teach them the game mechanics instead of treating them like they're stupid and constantly recruit when they burn out and leave. no matter what you do, a red guild will always be a revolving door of players, but only one guild knows how to deal with this and thrives upon it (empire)

before empire (holocaust) started doing these things, they were a small elitist pvp clique who were losing the server.

This is exactly why I quit TMO after a few months. I just got tired of feeling like an outsider after months of solid grouping/raiding and talking with people on VOIP. Now that they are a dead guild I don't really feel bad for saying what I felt, but those guys were high off their asses with their completely insane 'recruitment' strategy. The ragetext raiding strategy was also obnoxious, and I felt that texts only went out at times that live-at-home-manchildren could conceivably play during.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
So I started up a blue character, level 7 cleric. IGN: Ellipson. Couple questions:

1) Is the goon guild information in the OP still up to date? If Unknown Guild is still an active place, I wouldn't mind an invite. Had to solo to this point because the early newbie areas are a bit empty.

2) Is there a basic gearing guide for new players out there? A lot of soloing/early guides have stuff like "oh, just drop 100pp on X twink item, lol" which isn't terribly useful for someone scraping together money for spells. The linked one in the OP suggested banded as a stopgap, which works fine, but not sure about what to do for a weapon...

EDIT: Or 3) I am stupid for rolling a cleric first and should reroll something that can solo more easily.

Ellipson fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 20, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Ellipson posted:

So I started up a blue character, level 7 cleric. IGN: Ellipson. Couple questions:

1) Is the goon guild information in the OP still up to date? If Unknown Guild is still an active place, I wouldn't mind an invite. Had to solo to this point because the early newbie areas are a bit empty.

2) Is there a basic gearing guide for new players out there? A lot of soloing/early guides have stuff like "oh, just drop 100pp on X twink item, lol" which isn't terribly useful for someone scraping together money for spells. The linked one in the OP suggested banded as a stopgap, which works fine, but not sure about what to do for a weapon...

EDIT: Or 3) I am stupid for rolling a cleric first and should reroll something that can solo more easily.

UG isn't super active, but there are at least a few people around. I can get you an invite some time this week if you'd like. Also happy to hook you up with some starter stuff.

Cleric is fine for a first character assuming you want to group - you'll have a relatively easy time getting groups in a few more levels, and by then a weapon isn't really that important. Honestly, as a new caster the most important thing to save money for is spells.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

aparmenideanmonad posted:

UG isn't super active, but there are at least a few people around. I can get you an invite some time this week if you'd like. Also happy to hook you up with some starter stuff.

Cleric is fine for a first character assuming you want to group - you'll have a relatively easy time getting groups in a few more levels, and by then a weapon isn't really that important. Honestly, as a new caster the most important thing to save money for is spells.

I do want to group, but efforts to group in Crushbone have been met with "lol get out of here noob, get gear first" because of my lack of twink gear or "gently caress off" as the shorter version, hence the soloing. I'm probably going to reroll to bard or druid today.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Ellipson posted:

I do want to group, but efforts to group in Crushbone have been met with "lol get out of here noob, get gear first" because of my lack of twink gear or "gently caress off" as the shorter version, hence the soloing. I'm probably going to reroll to bard or druid today.

You probably just ran into a jerk or someone getting PLed. I have never been denied a group for lack of gear. You're almost through the most boring levels in EQ and onto Oasis/Unrest levels so don't give up on your cleric yet.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I can't imagine why people would care about a Cleric being twinked. You definitely ran into a jerk.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Gear is almost completely meaningless for a leveling cleric who is grouping. Mana regen is the only thing that really matters much, and that's not on any reasonably available gear. And yes, someone was trolling you and it's actually pretty rare to get attitude as a grouping cleric once you're out of the early levels.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Congrats Pillow Armadillo on the sweetest SK on the server... Bone Thugz!

Next up is my 60 rogue Vandal. There are currently a few people interested in this character, one in particular that is leading the pack. But feel free to PM me if you are interested in partially acquiring a 60 rogue on blue.

The cleric, shaman, and bard are currently being used by friends in game. I'll hand them out here if that status changes.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Oh, and Pillow, just know that /who all bone does not work. I think it's broken because the character has a 4 letter name. But, it will show up if someone has you on their friends list. Enjoy!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FranktheBank posted:

Yeah, he's on red.

Ive got a 45 SK and some free time finally if you want to smash some faces.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Ive got a 45 SK and some free time finally if you want to smash some faces.

On Red? I'm 53, so I have some limited XP areas. I was doing CoM upper floors because PVP was too much in some other spots.

mad_Thick
Aug 4, 2014
/sigh I get the urge to play P99, but my winter classes start in two weeks...Best not to touch the heroin.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Greengrocer is still mad and still looking for attention.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FranktheBank posted:

On Red? I'm 53, so I have some limited XP areas. I was doing CoM upper floors because PVP was too much in some other spots.

Yeaboss!

Also got a 51 rogue or 54 enc if that works better.

I has the itch...

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Truly the actions of a well adjusted martyr for the server, not some crazy attention whore who's mad about getting kicked off staff for increasingly obvious reasons.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know what he expects to happen. Everything he posts gets taken down.

dakuroot
Sep 22, 2003
^________^
I ended up downloading and getting this all set up against my better judgement ;) anyone around on blue to hook up a new wiz with gear and a guild invite? ign is Endosmoke but you could always pm me here if you can invite me/give me free gear

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I don't know what he expects to happen. Everything he posts gets taken down.

This is on a supposedly free from moderation Reddit so I suspect it'll be up long enough to actually save / read. Now, what he expects to gain from this is what I dont know.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...
Vengance would appear to be what he seek.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yeaboss!

Also got a 51 rogue or 54 enc if that works better.

I has the itch...

What time do you normally play? having an ench to duo with might be cool.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Ramulack posted:

Greengrocer is still mad and still looking for attention.

its a video game

Captain Cannabis
Sep 30, 2005

Professional Bongologist
Looking to start playing again. Can anyone tell me if there is a group/guild of former Rallos Zek players? I just started on red, but I have not been able to contract anyone.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Swish ruined Christmas =(

The Grocer has been censored!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Captain Cannabis posted:

Looking to start playing again. Can anyone tell me if there is a group/guild of former Rallos Zek players? I just started on red, but I have not been able to contract anyone.

im on red. You should join thunderdome it's full of weirdos and it's big enough and great to level in.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

a real jerk posted:

Swish ruined Christmas =(

The Grocer has been censored!

swish was stupid and so was gg.

is Pokesan on the p99 forums a goon?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

swish was stupid and so was gg.

is Pokesan on the p99 forums a goon?

I have been doxxed!

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

a real jerk posted:

I have been doxxed!

god drat it. i don't know if i can believe you. this is so gooney.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

god drat it. i don't know if i can believe you. this is so gooney.

don't post shame me bro

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yo dudes this is Hexel. I got the Project 99 urge again after giving away my monk to a friend months ago. I am starting from scratch on blue as a necro because gently caress leveling 50-60 as a melee.

I leveled 1-10 in FOB and farmed up the mats and crafted my own raw silk set and bought all my bags and spells up until 20. I caught a port to WC and am sitting in EC now looking for an invite to UG whenever. I shall be around the commons areas working FP faction.

I will also accept any and all goonerosity/gear. God bless

Name is Xtek

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm traveling for the holidays but I'll be happy to hook you up when I'm back on Wednesday. Welcome back man!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm traveling for the holidays but I'll be happy to hook you up when I'm back on Wednesday. Welcome back man!

Jeah got me tagged im set buddy.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

GG's leak is juicy as gently caress

Thought you guys might like this bit:

quote:

[9/29/2015 5:09:56 PM] Braknar: Ya that’s annoying, I must have been gearing up to
sweep it then didn’t. SEQ usage on red seems to be a lot bigger issue thanSEQ on
blue
[9/29/2015 5:10:06 PM] Moregan Theguide: i m sure there will be plenty of "I TOL
D YOU so-and-so WAS A DIRTY CHEATER!" RnF threads
[9/29/2015 5:10:10 PM] Braknar: Well ya
[9/29/2015 5:12:45 PM] Braknar: Cursory glance, I see some lvl 50+s that will be
banned
[9/29/2015 5:13:31 PM] Braknar: Only major guild I’m seeing atm is Thunderdrome
[9/29/2015 5:13:41 PM] Braknar: But still, we’ll see when the dust settles

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
They really have reproduced the classic EQ experience. Rampant cheating that the developers are incapable of seriously addressing.

Surprised they haven't done anything server-side yet to limit spawn info being sent to clients by radius. Its all still there for the taking just like it was in the good ole days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Lowtax needs an invite on Blue. This is not a drill.