Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

From the sound of it, Ringo wasn't close like Abbacchio was. Abbacchio was cut because, like Baal suggested, he's not a combat stand so he basically stood around, recording moves from the enemies and then using them against them. It wasn't very fun.

Ringo never had a character model or skill set hashed out, he was just the furthest they took into prototyping, having to remember the last however many seconds they decide on to balance Mandom of gameplay at all times would probably put a lot of stress on the hardware.

e: 2b's, 2c's in Abbacchio.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It probably would've been worth putting more time into Ringo because there's more to salvage from him as a playable character than Abbachio who you cannot capture his style in a video game without changing him in multiple ways.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It can't be that hard to come up with some kind of moveset based on his character and then allow him to copy moves also can it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's actually super hard and also not what his stand even does and this being CC2 it has to be bit for bit a recreation of what it does or else don't put it in the game.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I dunno, he did poo poo with replaying previous moves in the Part 5 game so that's definitely a thing they could've done

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh that's what you meant. I mean they could do that, but even in the Part 5 game it was a piece of poo poo that you had sit there wasting time to do it and you are far better off just never using Moody Blues because of how slow it is. It also, once again, does not properly represent his abilities.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to record my copy of Part 5 game characters, because it's p silly how it seems all of the old Part 5 vids I used to have access to got cannibalized with the arrival of ASB or phone YouTube is just terrible.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can't wait till next chapter where Hato unleashes her stand and whoops her boyfriend's rear end

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Stop trying to put Abbacchio into JoJo games and put in Hot Pants.

One of my favorite things about Josefumi being introduced is That graffiti of Crazy Diamond we saw someone drawing waaaaay back at the start of Part 8 is probably real.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can't wait till next chapter where Hato unleashes her stand and whoops her boyfriend's rear end
I really hope she has the Star Platinum/The World of her family.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 26, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I actually read that graffiti as more of a debunker of Josefumi having Crazy D 2. Seems unlikely to me for Araki to throw in a reference at the time that turns out to be a big reveal. If he actually does, it needs to be called King Diamond.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I actually read that graffiti as more of a debunker of Josefumi having Crazy D 2. Seems unlikely to me for Araki to throw in a reference at the time that turns out to be a big reveal. If he actually does, it needs to be called King Diamond.
Oh, I doubt Josefumi just has exactly Crazy Diamond again. With Kira having Killer Queen: Bubbles Edition though, I feel Josefumi 's either gonna have an entirely new Stand or a changed version of Crazy Diamond. What looked to be Josefumi removing pepper from his noodles is pretty reminiscent of Josuke "fixing" the spaghetti so I'm kinda hoping it's a new Crazy D. Whatever it is, yes please call it King Diamond.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Moltrey posted:

Oh, I doubt Josefumi just has exactly Crazy Diamond again. With Kira having Killer Queen: Bubbles Edition though, I feel Josefumi 's either gonna have an entirely new Stand or a changed version of Crazy Diamond. What looked to be Josefumi removing pepper from his noodles is pretty reminiscent of Josuke "fixing" the spaghetti so I'm kinda hoping it's a new Crazy D. Whatever it is, yes please call it King Diamond.

Anyone notice that Gappy used Kira's exact ability on one of the Aphex Twins? Also Hato's gonna have to bust out some crazy moves to save the family, don't see Josuke fixing this

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I expect Josuke to either start melting because the plant has touched him and the power of the plant transfers to him or for S&W to be able to take something's "softness" so he can remove its effects. Either way, Hato is surely going to step up to bat next episode but I don't feel 100% sure she'll be against Damo. He has a solid feel of "main antagonist" (Jobin does too, to me) and so does his stand's appearance. Hope he doesn't die really abruptly like the twins or Dainenjiyama.

And by Crazy Diamond 2, kind of like you said, I meant for him to have the same appearance in Araki's new art style rather than the same fixing power.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 26, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given that kira's stand is basically a mix of killer queen and stray cat's bubbles i'm halfway expecting that josefumi's stand MIGHT have some influence from the hand on it, given his visual references to okuyasu and his stand's power of 'removal'. i'm kinda winging it with this but with the info we've been given so far it would be very possible. i don't know if i expect a remix of crazy diamond's looks or something slightly different.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

given that kira's stand is basically a mix of killer queen and stray cat's bubbles i'm halfway expecting that josefumi's stand MIGHT have some influence from the hand on it, given his visual references to okuyasu and his stand's power of 'removal'. i'm kinda winging it with this but with the info we've been given so far it would be very possible. i don't know if i expect a remix of crazy diamond's looks or something slightly different.

CD is too cute for "plunder" to be its ability

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If cuteness determined a Stand's power, Killer Queen would be weak as witch piss.

Though when I look at my Crazy D SAS, my heart does flutter a little.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

It's not as strong as Crazy D in fisticuffs, but it looks dangerous as hell :gibs:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

speaking of cute stands I'm still not going to be satisfied with Jojolion until they explain in the beginning of the calafornia King Bed arc where Daya's leg just got ripped off to the bone

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

speaking of cute stands I'm still not going to be satisfied with Jojolion until they explain in the beginning of the calafornia King Bed arc where Daya's leg just got ripped off to the bone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She can probably just give people memories of things that never happened with her Stand as well as take ones that exist. That or Araki thought "poo poo, I haven't got a healer stand yet, gently caress it, that never happened".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Great chapter, but, man, I can't help but side with no-chin, AFAIK he's just a guy who lost four of his buddies all of the sudden and the only clue is that the family of rich stand users is involved.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Yeah but they amoral rock people dude

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They just have different values and morals than us due to being a whole different culture with a very different way of experiencing life. :colbert:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
They take their powers for granite and should be destroyed.

Their very presence erodes our quality of life.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Any dude who comes into your home and smears his greasy hands all over your stuff needs an rear end-whooping.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Any dude who comes into your home and smears his greasy hands all over your stuff needs an rear end-whooping.

a greasy stand for a greasy dude

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This is cool, we're actually getting flashbacks. Answers: imminent??? (Haha who am I kidding)

Got somewhat confused towards the end of the chapter, though.
What the HELL was going on with that plant? Josuke threw it against the door (to open it, I presume), but Vitamin C touched it so the leaves started drooping off. Only the thing BOUNCED all across the place before that. Does this mean Vitamin C not only makes things very soft, but also elastic? Norisuke's hand smacked back into his face once the glass dropped out of it, after all. I'm not sure why it's a big circular motion, though...
All in all, very confusing panels right at the end, there. I guess we'll find out next chapter if touching something under the effect of Vitamin C also confers it on someone, in which case Josuke might have a problem now.
I love this stand. :toot:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the melting is probably the creepiest thing I've seen in this manga in a long time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Blockhouse posted:

the melting is probably the creepiest thing I've seen in this manga in a long time
Yeah, whatever the hell happened to Norisuke's mouth was the first thing in this series to make me go "Oh, ew" in a while.

I'm glad JoJo has never strayed too far from being a strong body horror manga.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Torquemadras posted:

This is cool, we're actually getting flashbacks. Answers: imminent??? (Haha who am I kidding)

Got somewhat confused towards the end of the chapter, though.
What the HELL was going on with that plant? Josuke threw it against the door (to open it, I presume), but Vitamin C touched it so the leaves started drooping off. Only the thing BOUNCED all across the place before that. Does this mean Vitamin C not only makes things very soft, but also elastic? Norisuke's hand smacked back into his face once the glass dropped out of it, after all.

I think just as he can make things softer he can "turn off" or adjust the degree of the softening too. So Norisuke's hand immediately snaps back into place where it should be normally and so on.

And yeah... this Stand... gently caress.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I will never cease to be impressed by Araki's ability to take a stand that sounds super lame on paper and turn it into something terrifyingly dangerous.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Spice Girl on crack, basically.

Kind of wish Trish was this inventive though.

JoJolion, the story of Vento Aureo if Trish Una was a fat balding creep.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It's Spice Girl on crack, basically.

Kind of wish Trish was this inventive though.

I guess that's just what happens when a character does exactly two things in the entire story.
Also, villains are allowed to do body horror stuff. :v:

My favorite was the carbonation in Norisuke's drink bubbling up through his face

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
getting caught up and the hype over eyes of heaven has me workshopping my jojo tabletop game idea again

ghost trains, nametags that steal your identity, talking money, and the illuminati

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

If cuteness determined a Stand's power, Killer Queen would be weak as witch piss.

Though when I look at my Crazy D SAS, my heart does flutter a little.

bullshit, Killer Queen looked like some kind of bubblegum cat thing

that's adorable

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

killer queen IS adorable and anyone who says otherwise is a goddamn liar

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep, that's what I was saying. If cute = weak/only "good" abilities like healing, KQ is the weakest stand of all with the power to make life great for everyone.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 26, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Okay, as long as we all agree cute stands are the best.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

aren't the two stands that have been in both the first six parts and seven and eight been the stands of main villains? I hope that means we get King Crimson here soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Where's this Crazy Diamond graffiti?