Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Wait so you're telling me I didn't have to j4g?

So triggered right now :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Guest2553 posted:

You're so busted, mister

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

all they do in sfd is check your post history, which begs the question of how i got in, but as long as you don't come off as a weirdo or an rear end in a top hat or some poo poo there's no issue. non-goons can be repped by members already in the guild and all they have to do is make an account on the sfd forums mentioning as much + the rep goon should also post to corroborate with it.

Most of my posts are less than five sentences because I read the forums from my tablet. That was good enough for SFD.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Most of my posts are less than five sentences because I read the forums from my tablet. That was good enough for SFD.

Brevity is the soul of wit :buddy:

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
SFD standards are very achievable. Now if you want into the raid group, that's a different story.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Probad posted:

SFD standards are very achievable. Now if you want into the raid group, that's a different story.

arus_boss_screenshot.png

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

CLAM DOWN posted:

arus_boss_screenshot.png

Brought to you for the low, low price of REDACTED gems.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Actually it's Arus' standards that are pretty worrisome. The rest of the guild is fine.

DonVincenzo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 26, 2015

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Guest2553 posted:

As a former EVE player, I found this way funnier than I should have.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

central posted:

Not being a turd is a requirement? How did Alteisen get in?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Salt

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Oof, the number of things you can have in your guild hall is really not that much. I hope they eventually up it because really we don't have very many areas decorated and 0 jumping puzzles this time around and still hit it. Someone did the math and we have like 800 things placed right now, wiki says limit should be 2000. Tivvvaaaac

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 27, 2015

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

AmericanGeeksta posted:

As a former EVE player, I found this way funnier than I should have.

There's no former when it comes to EVE, you'll be back. :colbert:

(Don't actually, you've won.)

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

RhoA posted:

There's no former when it comes to EVE, you'll be back. :colbert:

(Don't actually, you've won.)

I've thought about it multiple times, but honestly it comes down to the fact that I loved all the people I met through that game, but never actually played it much (I was big into TweetFleet and other 3rd party social stuff). And now GW2 scratches my occassional gaming itch.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My time in EVE back in the day was spent in a corp that would repeatedly join alliances that were about to be attacked and rofflestomped by goons.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Years ago I worked with some grognard who had five different EVE accounts and rolled with Band of Brothers. Every few days he'd come to work salty as all hell and bitching about whatever latest antic goons were up to.

It was all the highlights of playing without the drudgery of min-maxing excel spreadsheets and godawful timesinks in-between. :v:

e. Our shift went by super fast the day after BoB collapsed and he was the source of that entertainment :allears:

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 27, 2015

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Guest2553 posted:

Years ago I worked with some grognard who had five different EVE accounts and rolled with Band of Brothers. Every few days he'd come to work salty as all hell and bitching about whatever latest antic goons were up to.

It was all the highlights of playing without the drudgery of min-maxing excel spreadsheets and godawful timesinks in-between. :v:

e. Our shift went by super fast the day after BoB collapsed and he was the source of that entertainment :allears:

This is the stuff I loved, but man, unless you had hours a day to play, it could be a real drag.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I've thought about it multiple times, but honestly it comes down to the fact that I loved all the people I met through that game, but never actually played it much (I was big into TweetFleet and other 3rd party social stuff). And now GW2 scratches my occassional gaming itch.

There's plenty of people who don't actually play EVE but hang out in GoonFleet jabber or whatever other alliance chat protocol is used. I probably hang out more in SFD IRC than I do actually play GW2 jabber now that I think about it.

Need to start playing more pretty, pretty princess simulator here.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I was having a heck of a time with the Wintersday jumping puzzle and after two hours of failing (and drinking) started to despair of ever getting my dandruff. Then I got Xpadder to use an old 360 controller I found in the closet and knocked out all three for the achievement in less than twenty minutes. I wish I had thought of that for the Mad King JP. Next year, I guess.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

RhoA posted:

There's plenty of people who don't actually play EVE but hang out in GoonFleet jabber or whatever other alliance chat protocol is used. I probably hang out more in SFD IRC than I do actually play GW2 jabber now that I think about it.

Need to start playing more pretty, pretty princess simulator here.

I didn't know you could hang out in Jabber without an active account!

Arus, thanks for authing my brothers account :v:

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
What is the latest word of anet servers? I have recently heard they are going to merge some of the low pops sometime soon or going to the Megaserver design?

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 27, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Vendictus Prime posted:

What is the latest word of anet servers? I have recently heard they are going to merge some of the low pops sometime soon or going to the Megaserver design?

GW2 changed to the megaserver thing like 2 years ago? Server name only matters for WvW now.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
As long as you're in same region (NA/EU/etc) you can play with your buddies from same regional server. Only thing that makes server name unique is WvW.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'd like to thank Hlatun for leading our first-timers group in a Gorseval kill yesterday!

Got a Spiritual Infusion (600g on TP!!!!) from it so yay!

And then Sabetha rekt us and I had to go to work.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

S-s-senpai n-n-n-no

Orv
May 4, 2011
Engismelt Steelbeams

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Clintonlied Ratdied

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If the drill struck Lion's Arch, why was Yak's bend on fire?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Dhuumfire Can't Melt Deldrimor Beams

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Rurik Lied Ascalon Fried

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A building only falls like that when struck by controlled elixirs.

Aug 24, 2011

i killed a few hundred people in my pvp terror attacks

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watch Evon start another loving siege.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Burntfur had some good ideas.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
#notallcharr

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Logan did nothing wrong

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The Searing was an inside job.

Aug 24, 2011

People say Scarlet died however in this gif you can clearly see that

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Other posted:

Clintonlied Ratdied

gently caress, I was unprepared for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Help, I need to change DR instances

• Locked thread