Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

bigperm posted:

I think we already decided that the fantasy goon mod was 'Big Trees', a mod with trees that ruin the balance of other mods, such as supplying mana, RF, attracting good stat bees, killing mobs in range, etc.

That being said, I'm not going to 1.8 until TE does. :smugbert:

Like Botania with trees instead of flowers. I'd be super pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Odd request: In the tutorial world I wanted to also make a few funny things--or at least crap I think is funny. In honor of all the drat dads that seem to play BFSR, I wanted to create a dad bar and have a few NPC dads in there. Does anybody want to sacrifice themselves on the mantle of being a dad NPC? I'm still learning CustomNPCs, but I know enough to slop somebody down and how to throw a skin on them:

I dont think my "Star/Obsidian Being" skin will do you any favors, but feel free. (IGN: Thyr0rk)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I always wanted a motorcycle or attack helicopter mod, and drat the feasibility

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I always wanted a motorcycle or attack helicopter mod, and drat the feasibility

There was a mod that someone made that let you stomp around in a Final Fantasy 3 magitek armor, I lost the mod when my computer got wiped, but the mod author browses this thread.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Getting deep into the Witchery stuff in Regrowth. It's a very cool theme mod but drat it's heavy on time to get anywhere and I've still got a lot to learn, next up is ritual circles. I've built myself a huge creepy forest though which is feeding a ton of power to my altar, I'm just a little bit concerned that it's gonna burn down if I summon a demon in the clearing I've prepared for the ritual circle since they throw fireballs. Maybe there's a Botania flower that deals with fires...

What's my best bet for enchantments in Regrowth? Botania?

Edit: I've also begun converting huge tracks of land into dirt and spreading grass around because hey, I'm bringing life back. My question is whether or not any wildlife I summon will be able to survive, in particular wild packs of ocelots, wolves and whatever else I decide to populate the area around my base with. Will I have to create enclosures?

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 25, 2015

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

SugarAddict posted:

There was a mod that someone made that let you stomp around in a Final Fantasy 3 magitek armor, I lost the mod when my computer got wiped, but the mod author browses this thread.

drat, when I was learning to mod this was the idea I was working towards.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

El Generico posted:

The "good" news is that it doesn't look like they've updated it beyond 1.6.4.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1445240-1-6-x-1-5-2-forge-magitek-mechs?page=8

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Ok so I started a new play-through of BFSR and for the life of me I cannot unlock the Chapter 1 diamond quest, and chapter 3 is also totally locked out due to prerequisites, even though I've already crafted most of the Thermal Expansion machines and have a small power generation setup.

I don't remember having issues with it the last time I played it, any suggestions?

Marux fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 25, 2015

Tsolum
Jun 12, 2013

Marux posted:

Ok so I started a new play-through of BFSR and for the life of me I cannot unlock the Chapter 1 diamond quest, and chapter 3 is also totally locked out due to prerequisites, even though I've already crafted most of the Thermal Expansion machines and have a small power generation setup.

I don't remember having issues with it the last time I played it, any suggestions?

I dunno about the c1 Diamond Quest, I can't get it yet either, but I've gone from needing 3/4 other quests to only needing 2/4 other quests, so it's in process. I've unlocked chapter 3 but I don't remember what I did to do that.

How do I make a Stone Rod for the Hipster Torch quest? When I use two Stone, it makes a Stone TOOL Rod, which doesn't work. NEI says they have the exact same recipe. Is there a way to cycle through results that I don't know about?

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
I haven't figured out how to make the stone (non-tool) rods either.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
A lot of stuff is blocked behind making the bronze pick. A few versions back, I added some more pre-requisites just so the book does not flood the player with quests. I think in 1.5.0.0, I was able to loosen up the diamond quest so that it would open if one of the pick quests that made a diamond-level pick was completed.

1.5.0.1 fixed a bug with the stone rods. I did not know there were two stone rods, and one is good for nothing. I accidentally had made that one the required one. So just updatinv the pack should clear that. If not, what I published somehow missed the fix. I would have to try it again.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

El Generico posted:

It was super WIP, go for it man

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So just updating the pack should clear that. If not, what I published somehow missed the fix. I would have to try it again.
It looks like I screwed up somehow. I looked at my test world, and the changes I talked about aren't there. That's really odd, because I remember going through the whole routine of fixing these. The diamond quest should be gated behind 2/4 quests. Basically, you have to do the basic tool stuff and make a diamond-worthy pick quest. It can be bronze, steel, or alumite. The torch was also still wrong. I have the changed up on the config GitHub. If you are clever, you can go to the BFSR github and apply the files in the config/hqm directory, or wait up to a week or so for me to post changes. I'm hoping to do the first run of the tutorial world by then too.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yknow here's another Christmas wish: version 1.7 legend gear Titan gloves. Lift cows. THROW COWS. gently caress making an exact number of safari nets or dragging hem with leads, who DOESN'T want to THROW COWS

yeah the rest of that mod would be nice too. It was loving fun and about crafting and adventuring without adding Ill thought out mobs and dungeons... But I just want to have (and throw) a cow.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
How do you guys feel about AgriCraft? I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about it, so I'll ramble for a bit because maybe I'll get some interesting suggestions.

There are two bits to AgriCraft: the "crossbreeding" seed-statistics system and resource crops. The former, I initially thought I liked, but now I'm pretty sure I don't. It's busywork that encourages you to spend a lot of time clicking on seeds instead of exploring or building things. (I do, however, like the crop sticks -- they add a nice convenience layer on farming without resorting to fully-automated farming machines.) Resource crops, on the other hand, I just can't figure out. I like mods that encourage creative building and engineering contraptions (Botania and Immersive Engineering are my favorites). I was thinking I would like a mod that lets me grow my resources at a steady rate instead of having to do some tedious strip-mining when I run out, but combined with the busywork of the seed system, I can't shake the feeling that I'm just wasting my time on progress quest for an excuse to not play the game.

I know a lot of you play packs that offer a more directed experience, but those of you who don't, do you use AgriCraft resource crops (or Magical Crops, or BobGary's Growable Ores)? How do you prefer to escape the resource-scarcity loop?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Goncyn posted:

How do you guys feel about AgriCraft? I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about it, so I'll ramble for a bit because maybe I'll get some interesting suggestions.

There are two bits to AgriCraft: the "crossbreeding" seed-statistics system and resource crops. The former, I initially thought I liked, but now I'm pretty sure I don't. It's busywork that encourages you to spend a lot of time clicking on seeds instead of exploring or building things. (I do, however, like the crop sticks -- they add a nice convenience layer on farming without resorting to fully-automated farming machines.) Resource crops, on the other hand, I just can't figure out. I like mods that encourage creative building and engineering contraptions (Botania and Immersive Engineering are my favorites). I was thinking I would like a mod that lets me grow my resources at a steady rate instead of having to do some tedious strip-mining when I run out, but combined with the busywork of the seed system, I can't shake the feeling that I'm just wasting my time on progress quest for an excuse to not play the game.

That's because you aren't using the sprinklers. The sprinklers dramatically increases growth rate, they irrigate, and they also stack. If you use the sprinkers you can just ignore things like growth rate and harvest.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Goncyn posted:

I know a lot of you play packs that offer a more directed experience, but those of you who don't, do you use AgriCraft resource crops (or Magical Crops, or BobGary's Growable Ores)? How do you prefer to escape the resource-scarcity loop?

turn off weeds and agricraft is pretty good

then you can use long snakes of cross-bar crop sticks to afk-grind your plants

that's the way it works in regrowth and it's great

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

SugarAddict posted:

and they also stack.

wait what

How big an area does a sprinkler water? I thought it was 7x7 but now the particles are going to 5x5, am I just dumb?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
has anyone logged into Regrowth today, I did and all my chests are now Xmas Presents.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

TheresaJayne posted:

has anyone logged into Regrowth today, I did and all my chests are now Xmas Presents.

Normal thing for Minecraft. Happy Holidays!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheresaJayne posted:

Those are still chests, it's just a graphical change.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

wait what

How big an area does a sprinkler water? I thought it was 7x7 but now the particles are going to 5x5, am I just dumb?

It's 5x5 I think, but you can have multiple sprinklers covering the same area for drastically increased growth. Set up a 3x3 harvest area with 5x5 sprinklers, left click with scythe to harvest, let hopperhock collect. Do as much as you need something or until you automate with golems.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, so our server runs Railcraft. I know that by default, that mods sets it so that all carts can't be stacked higher than 3 in inventories and chests. I changed the config option to set the stack size to 64, and now all the Railcraft carts stack to 64, but not the standard vanilla ones. Does anyone know why that is? Did I miss a config option somewhere?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I installed FTB: Horizons Daybreaker for kicks, but it has EE3 in it, and I hate EE with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I'm trying to disable it but I can't get the modpack to load if I do. I've tried both deleting the .jar file from the mod folder and disabling it in the FTB launcher options (as well as EE3 Helper), but when I try to start the game Forge will complain and not do anything. Of course the in-game mod menu is worthless for disabling stuff.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
There's a simpler option: have you tried not using any of the options provided by EE and just leave it as part of the modpack?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Sage Grimm posted:

There's a simpler option: have you tried not using any of the options provided by EE and just leave it as part of the modpack?

It's much easier to ignore when it doesn't exist entirely. :colbert: (and more to the point, when it doesn't infest my recipe lists and waila tooltips with garbage)

However, I figured it out. EE3 has 3 dependencies in the modpack: EE3 Helper, Simple Condensers, and WIIEMC. Disabling all 4 and the pack loads fine.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I'm introducing some kids to modded minecraft via BFSR. It's great. My one "Wait where is this obvious mod" is ender io for better pipes.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Anias posted:

I'm introducing some kids to modded minecraft via BFSR. It's great. My one "Wait where is this obvious mod" is ender io for better pipes.

My 9 year old cousin went completely :aaaaa: when I built him a digital miner.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Not so much a modded question I suppose, but I started AS2, and oh my god how do I stop these stupid oak trees from turning into sprawling monstrosities that take forever to punch. :mad:

(ed)

Anias posted:

I haven't been keeping up, didn't Thermal Dynamics come out and take over for piping?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Not so much a modded question I suppose, but I started AS2, and oh my god how do I stop these stupid oak trees from turning into sprawling monstrosities that take forever to punch. :mad:

put a roof on your tree area 7-9 blocks tall

either that or use non-oak trees, though spruce will grow big in a 2x2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

put a roof on your tree area 7-9 blocks tall

either that or use non-oak trees, though spruce will grow big in a 2x2

Thanks. I'll just use a birch, since AS2 starts you with one of each sapling.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

AS2 question again, can I use the quartz grindstone to double any of the ores I sieve up before I get to pulverizers (or have to build TiCon again)?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
If it has an entry in NEI under the grindstone then yes. It's horribly manual however.

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks. I'll just use a birch, since AS2 starts you with one of each sapling.
you miiight need the oak apples, though i remember AS2 being easier on food than AS.

the quartz grindstone will not double ores you get from the sieve, you're expected to use ex nihilo to hammer gravel->sand->dust (optimally with fortune) and then ore double in the TiC smeltery

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, so our server runs Railcraft. I know that by default, that mods sets it so that all carts can't be stacked higher than 3 in inventories and chests. I changed the config option to set the stack size to 64, and now all the Railcraft carts stack to 64, but not the standard vanilla ones. Does anyone know why that is? Did I miss a config option somewhere?

So, I hate to be persistent, but does anyone have any ideas on this question? Were trying to build a rail system that pulls carts and engines from an enderchest. Currently, none of the engines stack, the railcraft carts stack to 64, and the vanilla minecarts stack to 3. It'd be much better if we could have a couple stacks of 64 of each type of cart, even if we can't stack the engines.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

neogeo0823 posted:

So, I hate to be persistent, but does anyone have any ideas on this question? Were trying to build a rail system that pulls carts and engines from an enderchest. Currently, none of the engines stack, the railcraft carts stack to 64, and the vanilla minecarts stack to 3. It'd be much better if we could have a couple stacks of 64 of each type of cart, even if we can't stack the engines.

no idea, but use hoppers or item loaders or thermal dynamics itemducts to attach additional storage

none of us really use railcraft anymore, mod is bad

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

You can do it with minetweaker.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Been playing the latest iteration of Ompi for a few days, and while it's quite fun with all the new mods, any mob wearing anything more than iron armor is completely invincible except to Ticon rapiers. Any idea which mod in this list is causing this behavior? I made a Lumium crossbow a few minutes ago, 13 heart attack with Manyullyn bolts, and it does not damage Crimson cult knights at all. In fact, it heals them. Nor zombies wearing osmium or glowstone armor. They're also immune to my 10 heart cleaver.

Edit: Also, NEI item subsets are all greyed out and unclickable. NEI works fine, and I tried reinstalling the pack but did not help. Everyone on the server seems to be having this problem.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 27, 2015

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~

Ambaire posted:

Been playing the latest iteration of Ompi for a few days, and while it's quite fun with all the new mods, any mob wearing anything more than iron armor is completely invincible except to Ticon rapiers. Any idea which mod in this list is causing this behavior? I made a Lumium crossbow a few minutes ago, 13 heart attack with Manyullyn bolts, and it does not damage Crimson cult knights at all. In fact, it heals them. Nor zombies wearing osmium or glowstone armor. They're also immune to my 10 heart cleaver.

Edit: Also, NEI item subsets are all greyed out and unclickable. NEI works fine, and I tried reinstalling the pack but did not help. Everyone on the server seems to be having this problem.

This sounds like the OMP we know and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Ambaire posted:

Certainly sounds like an OMPi pack.