Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I fear this will all turn out like how we were totally getting a Chad arc in Bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It turns out Sanji lost his memory and didn't know he was also a world noble!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Maybe they want him alive because they learned about the whole Duval thing and what a cock-up that was, so they're trying to avoid having innocent Sanji look-alikes murdered by bounty hunters.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Gyges posted:

I fear this will all turn out like how we were totally getting a Chad arc in Bleach.

After the Soul Society arc I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep reading Bleach. I was talking to my friend about what I liked and didn't like about the series but when I mentioned that my favorite character was Chad my friend just laughed and told me to stop while I was ahead.

I think Oda will follow through. Whether or not it really all comes together in the next year is a bit more up in the air.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Gyges posted:

I can't rule it out, but Oda's been pretty good about resolving old, dangling plot threads ages after the fact. Remember how their ship seemingly got repaired by a ghost back on Skypiea? It was, what, two years before we got an explanation for that? Three?

Besides, I'm not sure we need an arc that revolves around Sanji--the backgrounds of all the Strawhats are basically a closed book at this point. I just want to see him play a pivotal role again.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I never felt the need to extend every Strawhat backstory. Sanji was a cook apprentice and trained by an S-tier Grand Line pirate. That's all we need to know.

What's next? Franky was Vegapunk's son before losing his memory and washing ashore water 7?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sub Harrison posted:

I never felt the need to extend every Strawhat backstory. Sanji was a cook apprentice and trained by an S-tier Grand Line pirate. That's all we need to know.

What's next? Franky was Vegapunk's son before losing his memory and washing ashore water 7?

I mean. We could get more zoro backstory.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

The rest can't really be expanded on like Sanji's. I guess we could find the origin of Nami's real parents but other than that the rest don't really have a mystery to their origin.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I made a big post earlier (in response to a big post by lowercase16) about expanding the Straw Hats' backstories: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742700&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post450631847

The main thing worth adding is an Oda quote providing evidence for Luffy's mother being Dadan:

Oda posted:

I think she's alive. I'm still thinking very hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair...

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 24, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Any idea if there's a new chapter tomorrow?

Also, I seriously doubt Dadan is Luffy's mom. Every bit of evidence makes her out to be some rando bandit gang leader who happened to be friends with Garp.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Silver2195 posted:

Oda posted:

I think she's alive. I'm still thinking very hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Do we have any idea who joy boy is?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Apparently SJ is on break for the holiday so no new One Piece this week. :(

Here's a schedule for the next few weeks. Apologies for breaking tables, don't know how to avert that.

Copied from MangaHelpers:

pre:
Official WSJ Release	                  Scan Release 	                               Issue Notes
Mon 21st Dec	                          Released Thurs 17th Dec                      #3-4 (ch810) Double Issue, meaning no chapter following week.
Mon 28th Dec (NO CHAPTER, MAGAZINE BREAK) Thurs 24th Dec- NO CHAPTER, MAGAZINE BREAK   WSJ Magazine is on break. No chapter.
Mon 4th Jan	                          Between 26th-31st Dec. Early holiday release #5-6(ch811) Double Issue, meaning no chapter following week.
Mon 11th Jan (NO CHAPTER, MAGAZINE BREAK) Thurs 7th Jan- NO CHAPTER, MAGAZINE BREAK    WSJ Magazine is on break. No chapter.
Mon 18th Jan	                          14th-15th Jan	                               #7(ch 812)

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 24, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Have a (belated) Christmas gift, One Piece dropped early!

Chapter 811:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/811/3140/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Have a (belated) Christmas gift, One Piece dropped early!

Chapter 811:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/811/3140/1

GOD loving drat SO MANY THINGS BEING SET UP.

I LOVE YOU ODA.

I LOVE ONE PIECE.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
One Piece is really good right now, I'm very happy for it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That was a helluva condensed flashback

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oh, so Sanji's working for Big Mom now? Poor dude, always being bossed on by ugly women and okama.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Oh, so Sanji's working for Big Mom now? Poor dude, always being bossed on by ugly women and okama.

I'm thinking he escaped and she kidnapped the poo poo out of him.

I really wonder where Caesar's going to go, having an actually evil person hanging out with the crew for a while is kind of cool.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I really wonder where Caesar's going to go, having an actually evil person hanging out with the crew for a while is kind of cool.

Probably, or maybe when he was confronted by her underlings, he agreed to come voluntarily to offer reparations (in form of sweets) in exchange for the safety of the rest of the strawhats.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TheKingofSprings posted:

This and the other post doesn't explain though why a World Government poster is calling for Sanji alive only. What connection do Big Mam or Sanji have with the WG that the latter would want him alive?

Also it'd be funny if Sanji ended up being the Coby to the New World equivalent of pre-DF Alvida.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hell, even Nami got to briefly clash with someone in physical combat, something I'm not sure we've really seen since she got the climate baton. Sanji is acting much more like his old self too, just smoking and frowning then kicking people in the face.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Nami sort of did a thing!

And hooray Pekoms!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That Sheephead guy needs to leave the story because I keep mistaking him for Franky

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Bracing for Sanji and Caesar's Big Adventure.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

This is all I want.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah that gritty strawhats fanart is pretty weird, Ussop has a gun and Brooke is hulking

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Quick, someone post the weirdest/wonkiest fanart included with the One Piece mangastream chapters.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Profoundly hyped for Sanji and Caesar's Big Adventure.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yeah that gritty strawhats fanart is pretty weird, Ussop has a gun and Brooke is hulking

robin forgot to wear pants

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Franky is exactly the same

Super

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Sanji is looking pretty suave with his sunglasses.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

that was a really good chapter. I'm glad to see the alternate straw hat team really saved the island.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
this chapter made me realize that caesar's laugh is basically a giant childish "KILLLLLLLLLLLL"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

oddium posted:

robin forgot to wear pants

Still better than Nami, who found a way to both wear a coat and be more exposed than normal.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

Still better than Nami, who found a way to both wear a coat and be more exposed than normal.

come on we all know Franky is the most scandalous

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Watch it turn into a Bogus Journey instead.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

So how many more chapters until her waist becomes nonexistent. :v:

(Also how many more until she achieves the legendary 1:3 body/leg ratio)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kyte posted:

So how many more chapters until her waist becomes nonexistent. :v:

(Also how many more until she achieves the legendary 1:3 body/leg ratio)

she's just part of the long legs tribe