Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

Yah there's a video of the FO pilot one shotting Vader. It's pretty crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

commish posted:

Yah there's a video of the FO pilot one shotting Vader. It's pretty crazy.

Noticed how crazy powerful he is in GW, too. Seems to be have pretty low HP at least.

Looking at future editions to the game, I'm guessing they'll add space combat or vehicle combat, judging by the Hutt in the top right. That'd be interesting. Wonder what the Three Heads thing'll be?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 27, 2015

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Biggs' description mentions "built in ship synergies" so that seems like a safe bet.

How do Potency/Tenacity work?

How do critical damage bonuses work? If my crits are 150% and I have +20% critical damage from Sidious, do they do 170% (150+20) or 180% (150% * 120%)?

How do critical chance bonuses work? If my crit chance is 30%and I have +10% critical chance is my new critical chance 40% or 33%?

I read that physical critical chance is critical rating/2000, but I can't find what it is for special critical rating. Is it just the given value as a percentage? Consular crits often enough with Attack as Defense for me to believe it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've been having some weird issues today on iOS. The game is stuttering a lot during attacks from either me or the AI. And without any taunts going out I'm having my aim thrown to random targets. If I'm aiming at a stormtrooper and fire, the next character I use might aim at the honor guard instead, then the character after that moves back to the stormtrooper. No taunting, the aim is just jumping back and forth every time I fire.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I have a few spots open 898 545 365.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ularg posted:

I've been having some weird issues today on iOS. The game is stuttering a lot during attacks from either me or the AI. And without any taunts going out I'm having my aim thrown to random targets. If I'm aiming at a stormtrooper and fire, the next character I use might aim at the honor guard instead, then the character after that moves back to the stormtrooper. No taunting, the aim is just jumping back and forth every time I fire.

This happened to me on android as well, but it was in arena so I didn't mind the slowdown haha.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Zotix posted:

Sent you an invite, Deepwin.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I accepted you and roid but nobody else. I don't know who the others are unless they post here. I certainly don't want to be friends with any damned arena snipers

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I accepted you and roid but nobody else. I don't know who the others are unless they post here. I certainly don't want to be friends with any damned arena snipers

Haha every time I get a new friend request, I think "nooooo I lost in arena".

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

commish posted:

Haha every time I get a new friend request, I think "nooooo I lost in arena".

Same. I go and double check names in the thread most of the time, but it's almost always an Arena thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

134-495-162, add me goons! I'm hitting a wall around level 37, about to unlock the Galactic War thing though so that's pretty cool I guess.

Is it really best to use Crystals on Energy? I was told by a friend to save for the 350 Data Pack for the chance of getting a character/shards but that's pretty slow going.

neuropunk
Jun 7, 2003
quod erat demonstrandum

Zotix posted:

Requested under "aleph". Thanks in advance!

In retrospect, I should have chosen my online username for SA.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

explosivo posted:

134-495-162, add me goons! I'm hitting a wall around level 37, about to unlock the Galactic War thing though so that's pretty cool I guess.

Is it really best to use Crystals on Energy? I was told by a friend to save for the 350 Data Pack for the chance of getting a character/shards but that's pretty slow going.

10000000000% certain that it's better to spend on energy.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

I just added you again, name is probably something like Mal (level 39).

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

commish posted:

10000000000% certain that it's better to spend on energy.

When you have a few guys your first couple of weeks you can try some pulls I'd say but by the time you're in your mid 40s you start unlocking more through shards and will want to level them up and then yeah, energy is the way to go to level up dudes because drop rates on crap and amounts you need start getting crazy after equipment lvl 6. I'm saving up my 7 day crystal thing for an 8 pull to see if i can get kylo ren (and finish kit fisto 20/25) but past that I'm just gonna use them on training droids and stam.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My recommendation is unless you go full whale don't even pull once. If you are saving crystals to do a pull you should be spending those crystals on stamina, not getting lucky. I've spent money on this game. I've had pulls where I get 4 characters, and I've had pulls where I get 1 and it's farmable. The worst thing that can happen is you get a cool character like Darth maul. He seems strong at first, but unless you whale more and get him past 4* at level 60 you'll never use him. The farmable characters at 6/7 power just bring so much more to the table.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Just opened my first character from a Bronzium, a 4-star URoRRuR'R'R who.. seems pretty terrible without any other tusken raiders?

Oh well.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

My recommendation is unless you go full whale don't even pull once. If you are saving crystals to do a pull you should be spending those crystals on stamina, not getting lucky. I've spent money on this game. I've had pulls where I get 4 characters, and I've had pulls where I get 1 and it's farmable. The worst thing that can happen is you get a cool character like Darth maul. He seems strong at first, but unless you whale more and get him past 4* at level 60 you'll never use him. The farmable characters at 6/7 power just bring so much more to the table.

Or worse. My 2* Leia.

Hughlander fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 28, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have been adding some people from in here BUT I GUESS I'LL POST i am rabidsquid in game and my friend code is 839-599-498.

I got a Plo Koon from a bronzium pack today and he seems kind of neat and almost makes me want to buy Fives instead of Old Daka but without spending money I don't even have a full dark side team at level 36. Being practical is horse poo poo :smith:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just a tip about GW for those of you in that range. You can retreat with no consequences, I'm sure you know about that. Just click the gear in top left, retreat and you are fine. It'll wipe all buffs/ debuffs etc. However if the enemy team attacked first like 3x, they'll attack again 3x when you go back in. Here's something else though, if you lose a character, just kill your client completely and reload it. It'll act as if the match never happened. However, if you don't make any roster adjustments the battle will play out exactly the same way. Dooku attacked twice first turn? He'll do it again. HOWEVER, if you make any roster changes, the battle will play out differently. Use the combination of retreating, and close the client to skate your way to a full 12/12 GW clear daily.

Also, If you are 100% F2P, your absolute best use of gems is 300 gems a day on cantina. Pick a character you want to farm and knock out two refreshes. The first is 100, and the second is 200. I picked Talia as my first. This is doing several things. 1) You are farming shards for the first character. 2) You are collecting catina tokens for Daka or another character. 3) You are getting ability materials, that you can't get from anything else other than the challenge mode. 4) You are getting a small amount of credits. 5) You are leveling your account slightly faster, which means you'll get level ups faster, which means you'll get more cantina and regular energy.

Extra gems would be spent on regular energy refreshes.

I cannot emphasize how bad pulling for characters is in this game. It's loving abysmal. If you are a new player and don't mind a little spending, get yourself the daily crystals first and foremost. If you say to yourself $20 every 2-3 weeks isn't a bad investment, get the $20 pack of crystals and only use that on energy refreshing. If you can actually get to a decent rank in arena, like top 100. You'll get between 100-500 crystal daily. That is a loving ton. I get 165 crystals a day from the $5 pack, and another 300 crystals from arena rank. That covers my cantina refreshes like I said above, and 2 refreshes of the regular energy. Then I spend another 300 gems out of my stash on 100 regular energy refeshing 3x. This means I've leveled up once a day on my way to 60, even in the late 50's. More leveling, more energy.

If you are 100% F2P, try to get 100 cantina energy a day, and maybe 1-2 normal cantina. Other than that, I have no idea because EA has done everything they can to make you spend money in this game.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Just a tip about GW for those of you in that range. You can retreat with no consequences, I'm sure you know about that. Just click the gear in top left, retreat and you are fine. It'll wipe all buffs/ debuffs etc. However if the enemy team attacked first like 3x, they'll attack again 3x when you go back in. Here's something else though, if you lose a character, just kill your client completely and reload it. It'll act as if the match never happened. However, if you don't make any roster adjustments the battle will play out exactly the same way. Dooku attacked twice first turn? He'll do it again. HOWEVER, if you make any roster changes, the battle will play out differently. Use the combination of retreating, and close the client to skate your way to a full 12/12 GW clear daily.

Yeah, that was my post on Reddit :p I've been doing that since launch. I thought everyone was. Lot of ppl on Reddit are mad at me for posting that though. Lot of hate mail. Whatever. It makes GW a lot easier. They can bite me if they think it's cheap.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

If you're on android, log in via bluestacks and you get a free robot to fill out your team.

Wait, how does this get me a free robot? If I'm already playing on an Android phone and linked my Google Play account, isn't Bluestacks an emulator for Android apps?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Eddain posted:

Wait, how does this get me a free robot? If I'm already playing on an Android phone and linked my Google Play account, isn't Bluestacks an emulator for Android apps?
There's a promo for samsung phones getting a free pack that includes that robot, the emulator spoofs being a samsung by default I guess as it works just fine.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

commish posted:

Yeah, that was my post on Reddit :p I've been doing that since launch. I thought everyone was. Lot of ppl on Reddit are mad at me for posting that though. Lot of hate mail. Whatever. It makes GW a lot easier. They can bite me if they think it's cheap.

More attention means more resources towards fixing it. People complaining were probably using it all along.

(that said I wish you had just posted it here as i didn't know about it and don't want it fixed now that I do)

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Metos posted:

There's a promo for samsung phones getting a free pack that includes that robot, the emulator spoofs being a samsung by default I guess as it works just fine.

Cool, took a bit to finally get it working but I got the robot and free crystals.

If I'm not that strong enough to advance far into the Squad Cantina, but don't want to let my energy go to waste, should I just keep farming Chewbacca shards? I got him to 4* already.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I am having some luck.

Got a 4 Star from a bronze pull.

Why is he classified as support, but the description says he's a tank? Makes no sense and another tank wouldn't hurt for the weekly challenges.

Think he'll replace the Resistance Trooper in my light side lineup.

I've got a 2 star/Gear 4/Hair Trigger lvl 3/Rebel Tactics lvl 2 Leia and am about to have the shards to get Farmhand Luke. Leia doesn't seem to do much damage and rarely procs her double/triple attack. Would it be a mistake to take her out of my lineup for Luke?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

The gods of sniping were with me

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

This game and the diablo game are surprisingly decent for free phone games.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Rubicon posted:

I am having some luck.

Got a 4 Star from a bronze pull.

Why is he classified as support, but the description says he's a tank? Makes no sense and another tank wouldn't hurt for the weekly challenges.

Think he'll replace the Resistance Trooper in my light side lineup.

I've got a 2 star/Gear 4/Hair Trigger lvl 3/Rebel Tactics lvl 2 Leia and am about to have the shards to get Farmhand Luke. Leia doesn't seem to do much damage and rarely procs her double/triple attack. Would it be a mistake to take her out of my lineup for Luke?

I pulled him from a Bronze today too, along with a duplicate JC I used to 3* him. That and the Bariss I got yesterday from Bronze were very nice, I wonder if they've bumped the % of these pulls? Even more reason not to spend crystals on packs!

If I'm not mistaken you can't farm Leia so yea definitely switch her for Luke

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

Sent an invite as kjermzs

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Hughlander posted:

More attention means more resources towards fixing it. People complaining were probably using it all along.

(that said I wish you had just posted it here as i didn't know about it and don't want it fixed now that I do)

Yeah well I'm done posting there. I think most of the animosity was just as you say - I let their little secret out of the bag.

The good news is that I doubt very much that it'll ever get fixed. There's a bunch of games with this same "problem", and unless they introduce some type of fee for joining the fight (e.g., energy), closing the app and restarting the fight will always work. Honestly, all it does is make it easier to finish GW. Doesn't really give any advantage in arena or any other competitive mode, so they probably won't care much. We will see!

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Hey, this is fun so far. My ally code is 888-984-325, name is Eh Whowhat.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm sorry if I've rejected some of your requests, 35 friend slots is really low. Does that ever raise as you level?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

No it doesn't.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That is a little weird, why the low limit? You'd think theyd capitalize on the social aspect more than just the fb connect thing and the minor bonus of a 6th party member on demand.

Speaking of GW, ran into Ace Windows, Ben Reilly and Kitten Fister backed up by Council-man and Cat Woman. I killed Oboy-When first :downs:

Lucky my C team of lvl 2 anonymous resistance pilot and lvl 1 Ewoklas could finish the job.

Question: If you buy a pack with characters you already have, do you Only get the bonus shards/credits, or do you also get more shards corresponding to the star level of the char you got?

Example: You already got IG-86 at 4 stars, but buy the bundle containing him at 1 stars + 15 shards, do you only get the +15 shards?

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 28, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I think you'd get 25. 1* is equal to 10 shards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I hope I didn't pass some sort of Galactic War threshold. I've aced it every day for a week or so now. Today I hit a brick wall about 4 fights from the end. Absolute "gently caress you" team with purple Phasma, purple Dooku, purple Counselor, then a 5-star Stormtrooper Han and Old Daka. They ripped apart my A-team.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Did you use a combination of retreating, reloading, and low level squads to eat abilities?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Didn't think about sending in the poo poo-team *first* once the going gets tough just to eat the wave of first strike attacks and special abilities, pretty smart actually.

As for the purchase of character packs and the shard value (=star value), have you actually tested it? Would suck real bad to be out a bunch of shards at these prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Read my post a page back. If it starts going south kill your client. Everyone will be alive when you load it back up and the match hasn't started either.

• Locked thread