Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

was tien ever a villain? he was kind of a dick in the second tournament, but that lasted like 3 chapters before roshi told him to quit it

Wasn't he built up as a much bigger prick in the anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yeah he was definitely an rear end in a top hat

Some Numbers posted:

He was training to be an assassin, he broke Yamcha's leg for no reason and was prepared to kill Goku on his master's say so.

yeah but breaking yamcha's leg is the one thing bad he actually does in the manga, and he apologizes for it in the same day it happened. it wasn't even against the rules of the tournament either; it was just a dick move. him saying he wanted a fair fight was his turning point and yamcha forgiving him was about all there was to his redemption, because he didn't do anything else

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Bee posted:

A whole species defined until very recently by Guy, Guy's Dad, Guy's Brother of Dubious Canonicity, and Dude's Weird Orange Granddad.

Don't forget Guy's Son of Dubious Canocity(aka Kuriza)

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Goku helped kill his brother, he's an awful man

Still want them to revive Raditz & Nappa in a arc of Super one of these days

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

drrockso20 posted:

Don't forget Guy's Son of Dubious Canocity(aka Kuriza)

Still want them to revive Raditz & Nappa in a arc of Super one of these days

I want them to do that just so they can react to the fact that they were, at the best, the tutorial mission for Goku's Path To Badass.

"Ahaha I'm back Kakarot now it's time to get revenge"

"Dude he fought a god while you were dead. He killed the guy that murdered your planet by ascending to a legendary state then did that three more times because gently caress it, and then he fought an actual god of destruction to a stalemate."

"Yea gently caress it I'm out."

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I want them to do that just so they can react to the fact that they were, at the best, the tutorial mission for Goku's Path To Badass.

"Ahaha I'm back Kakarot now it's time to get revenge"

"Dude he fought a god while you were dead. He killed the guy that murdered your planet by ascending to a legendary state then did that three more times because gently caress it, and then he fought an actual god of destruction to a stalemate."

"Yea gently caress it I'm out."

This is only topped by them being defeated by Goten and Trunks.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Bacontotem posted:

Nappa and Raditz come back, bragging about how they trained for decades in secret, and finally unlocked their true potential, and have come back to get revenge on the Earth.

And then their true potential is revealed to just be SSJ 1 and they get chumped by... Krillin, let's go with.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bacontotem posted:

Even better, getting wished back to life by Goten and Trunks, getting their asses handed to them by said kids, and then spending the rest of the series adjusting to life on Earth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bacontotem posted:

Vegeta would be the happiest father in the world watching Trunks beat the poo poo out of Nappa :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I just watched the latest episode of DBZA and Trunks Breakdown and WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU perfectly sums up how trunks must have been feeling during dbz. Kaiser did a great job of that line.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Apparently the newest Heroes update brought more than what was previously mentioned, which I found out by entire mistake now.

Meet the newest Time Patroller, Xeno Goten, everyone.

Xeno Gotenks included, although the only way he differs from GT Gotenks is the sword on his back.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What will heroes do when it runs out of combinations? Will we see a wave of fantasy fusions? Like, really, really crazy fantasy fusions?

Goku fused with Bulma?

Vegeta fused with Beerus?

Krillin fused with Yamacha?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Any idea on what Xeno Goten's backstory is, exactly?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

What will heroes do when it runs out of combinations? Will we see a wave of fantasy fusions? Like, really, really crazy fantasy fusions?

Goku fused with Bulma?

fusion2

gogeta fuses with gotenks to form super saiyan god super saiyan 3 gogetenks

who then splits into gotu and vegunks

adn then poo poo gets weird

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

Considering they still haven't added Yamhan or Gotan for some reason, despite using Budokai models? They should at least add the ones that already exist before going wild on that.

Raxivace posted:

Any idea on what Xeno Goten's backstory is, exactly?

The only thing I could find is what DB Wiki says, "At some point around the GT era, Goten joins the Time Patrol group."

That isn't very specific, but there might be nothing more, since Heroes isn't exactly story-driven as far as I can see.

EDIT: oh Kami there's more

Baby Trunks, Strongest Form 1. "In this form, Super Saiyan Trunks is possessed by the Tuffle parasite Baby, which results in him being transformed directly in the Strongest Form 1.", from DB Wiki. Which I really need to track all the latest edits of now.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 28, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering they still haven't added Yamhan or Gotan for some reason, despite using Budokai models? They should at least add the ones that already exist before going wild on that.

The only thing I could find is what DB Wiki says, "At some point around the GT era, Goten joins the Time Patrol group."

That isn't very specific, but there might be nothing more, since Heroes isn't exactly story-driven as far as I can see.

EDIT: oh Kami there's more

Baby Trunks, Strongest Form 1. "In this form, Super Saiyan Trunks is possessed by the Tuffle parasite Baby, which results in him being transformed directly in the Strongest Form 1.", from DB Wiki. Which I really need to track all the latest edits of now.

For a second I thought he had a surf board on his back, which would have been loving sick

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

one moment I truly enjoy from this post DBZ era is the fact that Freeza becomes his strongest by turning gold, much like his greatest enemy. it must have killed him when he discovered it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Blaze Dragon posted:

Apparently the newest Heroes update brought more than what was previously mentioned, which I found out by entire mistake now.

Meet the newest Time Patroller, Xeno Goten, everyone.

Xeno Gotenks included, although the only way he differs from GT Gotenks is the sword on his back.

He looks evil for some reason. I really hope this stuff makes it into Xenoverse 2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

one moment I truly enjoy from this post DBZ era is the fact that Freeza becomes his strongest by turning gold, much like his greatest enemy. it must have killed him when he discovered it

I think the actual canonical explaining is that he actually determined the color himself.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Raserys posted:

He looks evil for some reason. I really hope this stuff makes it into Xenoverse 2

Xenoverse 2 better have Champa and the Universe 6 fighters. Also, all the fighters from Xeno 1 and all the fighters they missed from the series.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It was very weird that Towa wanted to get revenge for her brother's death, when she didn't even bother trying to go back and save him from dying to begin with.

Covok posted:

Goku fused with Bulma?

I can only hope.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Momomo posted:

It was very weird that Towa wanted to get revenge for her brother's death, when she didn't even bother trying to go back and save him from dying to begin with.

I can only hope.

It might be that she couldn't figure out how to do that without completely destroying the timeline, or maybe Babidi's Majin mark prevents that somehow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Goku fused with Bulma?

Yes

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Even better, getting wished back to life by Goten and Trunks, getting their asses handed to them by said kids, and then spending the rest of the series adjusting to life on Earth

after they teach them the fusion dance

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The fusion would just have Radditz's hair.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WickedHate posted:

But it would all come from where Nappa's moustache is located instead of being on top of his head

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 28, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

WickedHate posted:

Better, he would have Nappa's moustache and a giant skullet for the peak Creepy Uncle vibe.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

But it would all come from where Nappa's moustache is located instead of being on top of his head

Obligatory.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/FlTOxG1.gifv

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

she didn't shave her head 2/10.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wake me up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good Frieza, you look kind of cool!
I imagine the latest episode of Super looks pretty okay again, if previous dud episodes were anything to go by.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So, I stopped following Super back during the Battle of Gods arc. Is it worth taking the time to catch up?

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

So, I stopped following Super back during the Battle of Gods arc. Is it worth taking the time to catch up?

Everything up to the last 4 eps was good

Honestly I hate the animation on this frieza fight. The Beerus and Goku fuight wasn't as good as in the movie but it was good, this one looks lame as hell. The beam struggle looks weird.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is the animation in DBS really that bad? I heard the animation in OP has also gotten bad in recent years. I kind of didn't feel like watching a re-tread of the movies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Is the animation in DBS really that bad? I heard the animation in OP has also gotten bad in recent years. I kind of didn't feel like watching a re-tread of the movies.

It's some how worse than the majority of the animation of the original DBZ. It shouldn't be, we should have progressed far beyond it, and yet

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

and yet, im going to complain

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

It really isn't. There were a couple of bad episodes, the latter of which didn't even reach the levels of terrible of some DBZ episodes, but people really like to whine and see the past with rose-coloured glasses, forgetting that DBZ more often than not was a total mess art-wise.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Episode 24 was an abomination that was bottom of the barrel by any standards. Even the bad episodes of Super before that one pale in comparison before 24. It was utter poo poo.

The bad episodes before this were pretty bad, it's been average with extremely rare moments of good otherwise.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I like dbs more than most, but there are def things wrong with the animation besides bottom of the barrel stuff like eps 5 and 24.

When Vegeta killed Ginyu and this Fight in the last ep are both great examples of it. They're doing the ki blasts different from the way they looked in z and it looks awkward and terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

wait for the bds like every other anim

• Locked thread